All Comments on 'Never Too Old To Dream Pt. 03'

by rickydean56

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
TO LIE TO LAY

IF YOU LOOK THESE TWO VERBS UP. YOU MAY LEARN SOMETHING.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
lie or lay?

If that's all you got out of this story then you shouldn't read it. I read it back again and I had to look hard to find your issue. It's a story, not an english test, if you don't enjoy the story say why. If you do enjoy it then urge the guy to finish it. I'm curious myself and looking forward to the next part. I actually feel this guys pain and if he's for real then my heart goes out to him.

rickydean56rickydean56almost 10 years agoAuthor
thx

Although I took your comment as kind of harsh it was truthful. I did learn something. When I think back to typing that sentence I was not sure about it, I hesitated for a brief second and then went on and didn't think on it again. Now I'm curious so I looked it up and instead of "laying there" I was "lying"? I did learn something because prior to this little exercise I would have thought lying was telling a fib.

And to the second comment, thanks for your support. And yes I'm just telling a story, but the man is real. His problems are real and this is my way of dealing with it. I can't very well talk to family or friends about this dark subject so I am trying this instead. And for those who worry about grammar, I never finished high school back in the 60's and when I went English was not my best subject. I'm not a proper writer, I'm just sharing my dreams, and I write the way I talk. Plain.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrickydean56@rickydean56
Just write to help come to terms with my own issues. I'm just a crippled up old fart with nothing left but my mind. I just noticed that the three sisters seems to get more interest than I expected. That was a 30 minute story I wrote without any plan or direction just let my...