All Comments on 'New Beginnings'

by LimeyLady

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
jenorma2012jenorma2012almost 8 years ago
ok

this was well written, but i usually do not lose interest in a story unless it is longer than 3 pages, but with this story i lost interest after the first page, this could not have been more boring if it tried, but hey this is just my opinion

jenorma2012jenorma2012almost 8 years ago
ok

I guess I should be more specific about my comments, i think most of the stories you have written are good, as i said your serious on Hev's story is indeed well written, but with this story i though there was just too much background about Mikki at the start, i do like to know some of the background, but i think the e-mail i got from Anonymous is referring to this story, i still think you are a great writer and look forward to reading more of your stories

gjames17gjames17almost 8 years ago
Very well written and very sweet!

I definitely enjoyed this story and the slow build up. The best stories I've read on this site are the longer, multiple chaptered ones. (Check out the works of Victoria Wright, Scatty Sue, and loverofFun.) This is a wonderful start and I look forward to reading how the lady's relationship progresses. Thank you for sharing this with us!

LimeyLadyLimeyLadyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Feedback for jenorma2012

Thank you for your comments.

"New Beginnings" is a bit of an experiment and I probably did overdo the background (I was sort of introducing Mikki to myself as I wrote it).

Watch out for Heather's Busy Week Pt. 05. It will be submitted tomorrow - policewoman, handcuffs and all - so should be viewable Tues/Weds.

LimeyLadyLimeyLadyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Feedback for gjames17

Thank you for your kind comments.

This story was a little experimental for me. Your description as to how you found it is almost exactly what I was aiming at (warm glow!!). I'm glad it worked for you.

I wasn't particularly planning a "Pt. 02" but I suddenly suspect Mikki and Dave have other ideas. I'll see what I can come up with . . .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

I thought it was lovely.

diningattheYdiningattheYalmost 8 years ago

You really are a wonderful writer. I'm a lover of romance. Beautifully done! I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

LimeyLadyLimeyLadyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Feedback for Anonymous

Thank you. I'm glad you liked it.

LimeyLadyLimeyLadyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Feedback for diningatthe Y

Thank you for enjoying it. It was supposed to be a "one off" but I'm now working on at least one more chapter.

rml65rml65almost 8 years ago
Great story!

Great writing looking forward to reading more from you!

LimeyLadyLimeyLadyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Feedbaack for rml65

Thank you for your comments. More stories are on their way . . .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
And?

Where is the rest of the story?. And Dave is a blob. No personality.no reason to like him, dislike him. Little development of relationship. Lots of cliches like forced to take room with one bed.

LimeyLadyLimeyLadyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Feedback for Anonymous

I had intended this to be a one-off and agree Dave is a bit one-dimensional. That was in fitting with the way the story was supposed to go. But . . .

Having got a bit of positive feedback, I'm doing a follow-up . . . it's a couple of days from being submitted, so 4/5 days away from being there to read on Literotica. Dave is still quite a "closed" personality but, hopefully, you'll warm to her a little. Please let me know if you don't. I value feedback from everyone and could very easily transform her.

Note for anyone who has read the "Heather's Busy Week" series: don't bother asking me to transform her. She is what she is!

vespa69vespa69almost 8 years ago
Good intro

Lovely story. I especially enjoyed the details at the beginning. You really did a good job of letting me get inside the protagonist's head.

LimeyLadyLimeyLadyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Feedback for vespa69

Thank you for your comments.

More from Mikki will follow shortly.

winterreisserwinterreisseralmost 8 years ago
Memories!

Don’t normally like male writers of lesbian stories but you may be the exception!

Still think there is a slight lack of that peculiar femine intuitive thinking needed for a convincing lesbian based story but we all come in various shades and degrees of sexuality so all in all an interesting tale. Will have see what your earlier stories have to offer before judging too harshly.

Give you full marks for the settings as it's nice to know places mentioned though its many years ago that I had the pleasure of the being there.

M

LimeyLadyLimeyLadyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Feedback for wintereisser

Thank you for your comments and for bearing with me.

I didn't set out to be a male writer of lesbian stories, it was all Heather Hunter's fault, honest!

I don't know if you have read the Heather's Busy Week series. If you haven't, she is supposed to be mildly bi but has ideas of her own, beyond my control. She has appeared in other stories of mine. I put HBW - a new, stand-alone venture - on Literotica hoping to get sincere feedback on her (as bi). Then someone asked me to introduce completely new characters, and I came up with Mikki and Dave. Their story got decent feedback so I've followed it up with a couple of sequels (the first should be visible anytime now).

As for femininity . . . I'm trying my best! I did English Lit at A-level and try to model my insight on Jane Austen. That's obviously beyond me (and just about everyone else that's ever lived). I'll keep trying and, I hope, slowly improving . . .

The location is ace, isn't it? There's a lot wrong with the England of today, but places like the Lakes, Cornwall and the Yorkshire Dales make it all worthwhile.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Jolly good.

LimeyLadyLimeyLadyover 7 years agoAuthor
For anonymous

I'm glad you liked it.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 7 years ago
Excellent story!

I truly enjoyed the build-up in this one, as Mikki slowly surrendered to her love for Dave. Thank you for sharing this story with us!

LimeyLadyLimeyLadyover 7 years agoAuthor
Feedback for HiddenInTheOpen

There are some excellent user-names on this site but yours has to be one of the best.

I'm glad you enjoyed the story and hope you read the other episodes and the Two Parts to Every Story sequel (as narrated by Mikki's hated rival).

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaover 6 years ago
Loved it

It was a very good story. Having just returned from England and all though the country side I was able to relate to some of the things you had mentioned. I thought the story was a bit corky, but then that is what made it all the more interesting to read. I do intend on reading the continuing chapters.

LimeyLadyLimeyLadyover 6 years agoAuthor
Feedback for Sexy-Lisa

I'm glad you enjoyed it and hope you enjoyed England too.

New Beginnings was my first attempt at a lesbian romance and was meant to be a bit corky (although I would say that, wouldn't I!). It was supposed to be a one-off but positive feedback encouraged me to turn it into a series of five. My "Two Sides to Every Story" series retells the story from another point of view. So too will my "Davina" series although after 8 episodes of backstory she's hardly got past the end of the first New Beginnings!

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicabout 2 years ago

Cute story. Was recommended by a friend. Love the name Davina! Looking forward to reading the other chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another good story. I must, however, admit that I missed Heather. She really brings zest into a story. I am guessing this took place around 2016 (approx two years before Dave, Heather, Kat and Lizzie got together - although we have yet to see how Dave’s on/off relationship with Kat fits into the story).

D Ellerbeck

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another comment. It's more general this time, but it applies to this story, amongst others.

I have read several stories on LW, by different authors, of straight women who, with the help of a friend or friends, find their lezzie side. This is one such story.

It got me thinking - society likes to put us into categories: straight/hetero, gay, lesbian, bi etc. I have come to the conclusion that it is not as straightforward as that. I think most of us are on a spectrum and that few are 100% straight or 100% gay. Some could be 50/50 - i.e. bi. Many could be 60/40, 90/10 or even 99/1, or any other combination. And furthermore, I think it can change over time. I always considered myself to be 100% straight, but I have on the odd occasion experimented otherwise. And a woman I have known for many years, who has always considered herself to be straight, told me recently of the amazing sex she had with another woman a short while ago.

There is a hidden side to many of us that society has forced us to suppress - and it still does. These stories show that a good friend can help bring out that hidden side and open us up to pleasures we never even knew existed.

D Ellerbeck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"These stories show that a good friend can help bring out that hidden side and open us up to pleasures we never even knew existed."

But under what circumstances?

"Experimenting" under the influence of alcohol or drugs is sexual assault. Furthermore, inviting a friend to experiment during a dramatic emotional episode in their lives is taking advantage of their trust. Many stories in (Lesbian Sex) describe such situations and if people act upon these ideas it's wrong.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous