New Girl in Town Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Jessica, no tickling at the table," Dr. Golden says as she grabs Sarah's glass before it spills.

"Oops, sorry mom," Jessica says leaning back.

"How was your day Jess," her mom asks.

"It was pretty fun," she answers. "I ate lunch with a different group today and they do trades."

"Trades," Mr. Golden asks so Jessica explains and he chuckles. "They sound like an innovative bunch."

"I get the impression that they started this a long time ago but they let me join in."

"Sounds like fun. How'd you do?" Her dad asks.

"I kept my fruit cup, well most of it, but got a different sandwich and chips. They were pretty good."

"So who is this new group you sat with?"

"Shelly and Jody, I've told you about them, there's also Jake, Bobby and Roxie. Jake's in three of my classes, Bobby's in art with us but I don't share a class with Roxie."

"So this Jake is in the AP program as well?" Mr. Golden asks.

Jessica nods. "He's in my English and Biology class. He's my lab partner actually. Oh, that reminds me, we're going out Saturday night."

"You've got a date already, I thought that you weren't going to date anyone this year," Her mother asks excitedly.

"Oh no, sorry, it's not a date, not really. See our biology teacher gives extra credit if you attend science-based events around town and there's one at the planetarium Saturday night. I asked Jake to take me. Well, I was going to ask him but he agreed before I got the chance."

"How's that work?" Dr. Golden asks.

"I was building up to ask him and he agreed before I could actually ask him."

"Sounds an awful lot like a date to me," Mr. Golden says with a grin.

"Boy's are icky," Sarah reminds her.

"This one is okay Sar-bear," Jessica says giggling then turns back to her parents. "We both say that it's not a date. He knows the city and is nice enough to show me around."

"Well make sure that you have him come over before Saturday so that we can meet him before you go on your date," her mother says.

"It's not a date Mom."

A little later Jessica is seated on the couch, her knees drawn up and her biology book resting on her thighs when the doorbell chimes.

Dr. Golden looks up from her tablet. "Who could that be?"

"I dunno," Jessica, says looking at the clock.

"I'll get it," Sarah announces hoping to her feet but Jessica stops her.

"You stay, I'll get it," Jessica tells her as she gets up. She flips on the porch light as she pulls open the door and is surprised at who's standing there. "Patrick?"

"Surprise."

****

Wednesday

"Heard you took a couple of shots at practice yesterday Shadow," Patrick calls out as I approach Ms. Simpson's classroom.

"Yeah, how's that ass feel after I knocked you on it," Jamie adds with a laugh.

"Your concern about my ass is touching Jamie," I tell them as I get closer but they just laugh.

"It's not like you're going to do anything about it bitch," Jamie chuckles and I again feel the urge to launch my fist into his smug face but I just pass by and head to my seat.

I'm surprised to see Jessica already in her seat and give her a smile. "Good morning," I say giving her a smile.

"Can I ask you something?"

"You just did," I jokingly answer.

"I'm serious," she states.

"Sorry," I apologize. "What's up?"

She takes a breath. "What would you think if a classmate just showed up at your house without letting you know they were coming over? Also, they shouldn't even know your address but they got it without asking you."

"I guess it would depend on the classmate." I answer.

"Like if she were hot, it wouldn't be a problem," She asks sounding angry. "Thanks, that helps a lot."

"Hey, that isn't what I said," I respond. "Why don't you tell me what this is about so I don't piss you off even more?"

She pauses for a moment; I hope to calm down and then answers me. "Patrick showed up at my house last night after practice."

"Oh, that's... odd." I say trying to figure out the correct word to use.

"To say the least," She answers. "I'm right that it's weirding me out aren't I?"

"Since I'm fairly certain that he's not in any of your classes, yes it's weird. How'd he even get your address?"

"He said he "has a connection" in the school office."

"Sounds pretty illegal," I tell her.

"Right," She agrees.

"Did it get worse?"

She shakes her head. "Not really I guess. He said he came by because he missed me at lunch yesterday and blah blah blah. My parents were not happy about it and made sure they stayed where they could see us the whole time."

"Sorry about that," I apologize.

"You didn't have anything to do with it."

I start to tell her that it was because I was sorry she had to put up with him but Ms. Simpson calls the class to order so I let it drop. Jessica looks a bit more relieved now so I assume that everything is good.

****

"I meant to ask you something else before class but kind of got derailed by the Patrick talk." Jessica says as we're walking together towards our second classes.

"Ask away," I tell her.

"Do you have practice tonight?"

I shake my head. "Nope, Wednesday is our free night. I think it's because some kids have church and whatnot."

"So you're free tonight?"

"I have no plans for the night other than homework." I answer.

"Would you be able to come over to my place to meet my parents? They want to meet you before we go to that weather thing on Saturday." She explains.

"Is that a great idea? I mean they're already pissed about Patrick and if I show up the next night..."

"They know Patrick wasn't invited over and you have been asked to come over. Also I'm giving you my address, not some office sneak." She explains.

"I guess that would make a difference," I concede.

"Huge one," She answers as we reach her classroom.

"See you at lunch," I ask.

"Of course, I brought some good trades for today."

****

"Give me your cell phone," Jessica states as we're sitting down to eat lunch the next day.

"That's not up for trade." I tell her.

"Just give it or no more pineapple feeding for you," She threatens.

"That was nice," I comment as I pull out my phone and pass it to her. Bobby and Roxie share a look of curiosity as Jessica pecks away for several moments before handing it back.

"My number and address is in there so go ahead and call me so I can get your info," She orders me.

I open the contacts and find her entry. "You just put "Jessica," I tell her.

"You know another Jessica," she asks.

"No but I figured that you'd out in some joke name or something."

"Check the nickname," She says with a smile.

I scroll a bit and blush slightly when I find it. This is not missed by Bobby or Roxie.

"Ooo, what did you put on there Tall Girl?" Roxie asks.

"It must be good, look as his face," Bobby laughs.

"Just a private joke between my lab partner and me," She answers cryptically.

"Whoa, what did we miss," Shelly asks as she and Jody join the group.

"I don't think I've seen Jake so red before," Jody adds as she sits.

"Jessica got him again," Bobby says laughing.

"She's good," Roxie says, "we could have used her freshman year when he was all tight lipped and shy."

"Him," Jessica asks pointing at me.

"He had his moments," Roxie says giving me a look before continuing, "but he was a quiet guy for the longest time."

"Aw, I hate I missed that. The quiet would be so nice at times." Jessica teases.

"Are you planning on abusing me like this in front of your parents tonight?" I ask.

"Wait, what," Shelly asks nearly choking on her grilled chicken.

"I told my parents about the extra credit thing on Saturday and since Jake's taking me, they want to meet him." Jessica explains to Shelly then turns to me. "I'm nothing compared to my little sister. She got Patrick so pissed that I swear I could see steam coming out of his ears."

"Serves him right for coming over without permission," Shelly says. "I still can't believe he did that."

"He's an asshole, of course he did that." Roxie states happily munching on her brownie.

"You still need to call me," Jessica reminds me.

"Not sure I want to now," I joke.

"Now he wants to be quiet," She shoots back. "Just push the button lab partner."

"Yes ma'am," I nod and do as ordered. Her phone rings a moment later and she picks up just long enough for her phone to register my number then hangs up so she can start entering my info with the number. "I expect an appropriate ring tone to be chosen for me."

"I'm making a mental note to download "You Drive Me Crazy" by Britney the first chance I get and you'd better choose carefully for mine mister."

"I'll be careful," I answer as Bobby begins to hum L. A. Gun's song "I Wanna Be Your Man."

"What's that song Bobby," Jessica asks.

"Just a suggestion for Jake and I'm sure he'll tell you if he takes it."

"While I appreciate the suggestion, I'll choose something a little more appropriate for my lab partner."

"Can't use Blinded Me with Science," Jessica tells me.

"I... wasn't."

"Better cancel that download quick Jake," Jody teases and once again, everyone is laughing at my expense but at least I can laugh along with my friends.

****

At six thirty four I'm standing on Jessica's porch with my finger depressing the doorbell button. She'd told me when we were leaving Art class that anytime between six thirty and six forty five should be fine. Inside I hear the chime sound then take a step back, readjust my backpack nervously and wait.

A couple of seconds pass then the door opens and a man is standing there. "Yes, can I help you?" He asks.

"Um, Yes sir, is this the Golden residence?"

"I gave at the office," he states and starts to close the door.

"Daddy, stop messing around," I hear Jessica say from behind him. He steps to the side and I see her smiling face.

"Hey Jess," I say giving her a relieved smile. "Did I come at a bad time?"

"No, you're right on time; Dad was just having some fun with you." She tells me.

"Nice one sir," I tell him.

"Come on in Jake, it's nice to meet you." He says extending his hand. I start to shake it but he stops and goes, "No way!"

"Okay Dad, enough with the jokes," Jessica tells him.

"So that rumbling was your car pulling up. Is she a '69?" He asks and I realize that he's looking past me to my car.

"Yes sir, sorry about that," I answer. "I try not to rattle the windows but she's always been like that."

"Man, I'd love to take a look at her." He begins but Jessica pulls him back.

"Can I do introductions before you drag him outside to ogle the lines of his car?"

"Of course, sorry Jess, please come in and meet the family Jake," Mr. Golden states stepping back.

Jessica takes me by my arm, "Come on Jake, let the gauntlet begin."

"Jake, I'd like you to meet my mom, Dr. Valerie Golden. She works in the emergency room at the hospital." Jessica explains. This is my little sister Sarah and you met my dad already. His name's Tim."

"I'll stick with Sir if it's all the same," I joke getting a small laugh from the adults.

"You don't look like a shark when you smile," Sarah points out.

"Sarah," Jessica warns but I chuckle.

"No, I guess I don't but I do that thing a dog does when you scratch behind my ears." I tell Sarah.

"Nu huh," She counters so I kneel down to her level and point to the back of my neck. Sarah hops down from the couch and immediately begins scratching behind my left ear so I start making a kicking motion with my right leg. She squeals with laughter then switches ears so I switch legs garnering about peal of laughter from the pint sized Jessica clone.

"You're funny," She determines. "Wanna see my room?"

Jessica laughs and tells her, "In a little while Sar-bear."

"Deal," Sarah asks sticking out her hand to me, which I promptly shake.

"Deal," I tell her and she seems satisfied with that so I get back to my feet. "It's nice to meet you Dr. Golden. You have a lovely home."

"Thank you dear, that's awfully sweet of you to say," Dr. Golden says giving me a warm smile. "We just finished dinner, would you care for something? A drink maybe?"

"I'm good for now but thank you," I answer.

"Please have a seat and make yourself comfortable Jake," Mr. Golden says. "We just wanted to have a quick chat with you before your date Saturday."

"It's not a date, dad," Jessica says then looks at me. "Back me up please."

"Not a date," I answer.

"It's an extra credit thing for Biology class."

"Not that I think Jess needs it but it comes in handy."

"Extra credit is always a plus," Mr. Golden states. "So Jake, Jessica tells me that you're on the football team as well."

"Yes sir," I answer and before I can elaborate, Sarah chimes in.

"Football's boring. Can I show you my room now?"

We all laugh and I get up. "I'd be honored Sarah. Lead the way."

She takes my hand and leads me to the stairs leaving the rest of the family seated in the living room sharing smiles.

****

"That's my teddy bear and that's my dolly," Sarah points out as she gives the tour of her room.

"Greetings Mr. Bear," I say shaking his stuffed paw then I turn to the doll and bow. "Madam, it's an honor to make your acquaintance."

"Let's have a tea party," Sarah announces but Jessica pops her head in the door.

"Okay, Sar-bear, I need Jake back."

"Awww," Sarah sighs.

"Sorry sweetie but he and I have homework to work on and I promised dad that he could look at Jake's car."

"Sarah, how about I come back when we have more time and I'll gladly have a tea party with you?"

"Promise," she asks.

I hold out my pinky and she locks it with her own. "I promise." As I'm leaving I again bow to the doll and nod towards the bear, "I thank you for your hospitality and I shall see you both again soon."

****

"That was really sweet of you," Jessica states as we sit at her kitchen table working on our individual homework assignments.

"I just felt like I was being rude if I gave you that pencil that I was chewing on."

She nudges my arm causing me to make an inadvertent mark on my paper. "Serves you right," She giggles as I erase it.

"Yeah, I know. Sarah's a sweetheart, I just hope I didn't overstep."

"How so," She asks.

"I practically invited myself back over. That was presumptuous of me."

"Whoa, five dollar word usage. Wait until I tell Ms. Simpson about this." She jokes.

"Jessica, don't tease your friend like that," Dr. Golden scolds her. "Jake, you are more than welcome to come back over and see Sarah; Jessica too if you want that burden put upon yourself."

"Mom," Jessica cries out laughing.

"Thank you Dr. Golden. I see where Jessica gets her sharp wit from."

"Oh she's made you a target huh," she asks.

"All in good fun, or at least that's what I tell myself so I don't cry myself to sleep at night," I tell her.

"You do not," Jessica shouts at me then turns to her mom, "He does not. Look at how well he dishes it out; I know he can take it."

Dr. Golden laughs. "It certainly sounds like he can."

"This is the loudest study session I believe I've ever heard," Mr. Golden says as he enters. "Is anyone getting any work done?"

"Sorry sir," I apologize.

"We're taking a much needed break daddy," Jessica tells him.

"They've earned it Tim," Dr. Golden assures him. "You just want to them to hurry up so you can get a look at Jake's Mustang."

"Busted," Jessica laughs.

"Careful with this one Jake, I think she got the mind reading powers that her mom posses." He tells me. "Now can we go look at that piece of artwork that's sitting in my driveway?"

"We were just about done anyway," Jessica says. "Come on Jake; dad's an architect so let's allow him to drool over your beast before you have to go."

****

"So how'd Jake go over with your parents?" Shelly asks when Jessica calls her after Jake had left.

"Oh my god Shelly, where do I start," Jessica asks.

"Uh oh, what happened?"

"He was such a huge hit that he got himself invited to come over whenever he wants." Jessica tells her.

"For real," Shelly asks.

"Yep," Jessica confirms. "My little sister took him to her room and didn't want to give him back!"

"I guess I should have warned you that kids love him."

"It was so cute," Jessica shares. "He had her laughing within five minutes and got himself invited to a tea party."

"Of course he did," Shelly laughs. "So you two are still on for Saturday then?"

"Our quote, unquote date is still on."

"Sorry Jess but you know how it is, when a guy and a girl go someplace together it's going to be called a date."

"It's fine," She says. "Jake and I both know that it's not a date and I learned long ago that I can't control what others think."

"Previous troubles in that area," Shelly asks.

"More like continuing troubles but I'm used to it. You guys being so welcoming to me really helped."

"Hey you fit right in, how could we not welcome you to the misfits?"

"How did you guys all become friends anyway?" Jessica asks.

"Yeah, we're an oddly assembled bunch for sure. Well Jake and I are related which you knew."

"You act like brother and sister half the time."

"Blame our parents. Our mom's are sisters and they're close so that put Jake and me together a lot. Jody came along in middle school and became my bestie. Jake brought in Roxie our freshman year and Bobby came along our sophomore year."

"Now I've wormed my way in," Jessica says.

"Wormed nothing, we dragged you in."

"I was lured in with lunch trading."

Shelly laughs. "That's your story huh?"

"It's the one I'm sticking too." Jessica answers then looks at her clock. "Wow, it's getting late. I should be getting to bed."

"Same," Shelly says. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Night Shelly," Jessica says.

****

Thursday

"Hey Jessica wait up a second," Patrick says catching her coming in the school door the following morning.

"What do you want Patrick?" She asks not hiding her annoyance.

"What's going on with you and Shadow?"

"His name is Jake and I don't see how it's any of your business." She answers.

"I thought you and I had something going on but last night I swing by your house and his car's there."

"So you were just going to drop in uninvited again huh," she asks. "I told you not to do that again. My parents weren't happy about the other night."

"But it's okay for Shadow to be there though," He asks angrily.

"He was invited. My parents wanted to meet the guy that's taking me out on Saturday."

Patrick is stunned into a brief silence so Jessica continues on. "Look I've got to get to class. See ya."

"What's wrong with you?" Jamie asks as he finds his pal standing in the hall looking dumbfounded.

"She's... she's going out on Saturday." He stammers.

"Congrats then," Jamie laughs patting his back. "Hey, you gotta let me if the curtains match the drapes all right?"

"It's not with me," He answers. "She's going out with Shadow."

"Bullshit," Jamie laughs thinking it's a joke.

"His car was in her driveway last night so she isn't lying about it."

"Damn, I guess Ray was right about Shadow being ahead of you."

"Shut the fuck up. I've still got this, it just might take a little longer than usual."

****

"So how bad did this bozo screw up when he met your parents?" Bobby asks Jessica as she sits down on the stadium bleachers.

"I'm surprised they let me come back to school after meeting him." Jessica quips.

"Seriously," Roxie asks.

Jessica shakes her head. "No, I'm only teasing him. He got himself invited back anytime he pleases."

"That's Jake all right," Bobby laughs.

"So does that mean that the date..."

"Not a date," Jessica and I both say cutting her off then we share a laugh.

"Call it a... SPOT if you have to call it anything." I tell them.