All Comments on 'New Girl in Town Pt. 23'

by AuroraIncident

Sort by:
  • 109 Comments
silicon1silicon1almost 3 years ago

***** A truly fine addition to the series. Nothing happens, but a lot happens. And plenty of food for thought about where life is going down there. My heart goes out to AuroraIncident, and am thankful that he has chosen to share his gift of storytelling with us once again. Episode 24 should be great.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Glad to finally see another chapter. I had just about given up. But I’m gonna be honest I’m pretty disappointed because it seems like majority of this chapter was fluff that didn’t move the storyline and a very very anti climactic ending to the whole Patrick fiasco. Buck flat out admitted Patrick wanted payback and pretty much screwed himself and the attorney just settles. It would have been great to see the setup for a very public and dramatic court case. Buck turning around and creating more issues by firing Mr Goldens team. The hidden soil sample reports appearing. The “pillar of the community” being revealed as nothing more than rotten timber painted to look new. Also it just seems too obvious/repetitive with somer joining the group now. I get that the misfits are an accepting bunch but what next? They start hanging out with patrick at his house?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great to see this series back! Thanks!

cliqueggecliqueggealmost 3 years ago

Welcome back - enjoying the story line again - hope all is well

BruceWoBruceWoalmost 3 years ago

Thank you. I have missed your wonderful writing. Dialogue always do crisp and witty.

If you were on Patreon I would have gladly paid $5/chapter. Literotica please enable a donation section please.

dwoelfledwoelflealmost 3 years ago

Great having you back. Really enjoyed this. Looking forward to the next chapter. Take care.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Please post more soon, I love this story and the wait from 22 to 23 almost killed me!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So glad to be reading more of this tale. Thank you. It made my day.

WistfulSeniorWistfulSenioralmost 3 years ago
Welcome back!

It is so great to have Jessica, Jake and company back. I have really missed them. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great chapter - great to have you back. Looking forward to more.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 3 years ago

Great new chapter!

5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Fun story. I hope all is well for you and the reason for your hiatus wasn't too serious. You are most certainly one of the most talented authors on here. I truly enjoy your action stories and look forward to more of your writings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This story has simply mired down in endless chatter with no direction or purpose. You are floundering now.

BruceWoBruceWoalmost 3 years ago

But what I hope to see in Chapter 27 is Jake as a tryout walk on QB at UCLA. Would love to see his perseverance rewarded.

Likewise for our favourite female volleyball player, albeit her pathway to first grade is more certain. As such the two of them training together to achieve their goals is something I am looking forward to.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ugh! Now I have to wait for the next one. Just kidding. Very good chapter, and lots not yet resolved so we know more is coming. Really good touch with the settlement offer, which pissed me off, and then their lawyer’s response. Can’t wait for the next chapter.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 3 years ago
So glad to have you back!

So enjoy this better than ever story! Much more please!!!

drycreeksdrycreeksalmost 3 years ago

Awesome as the previous chapters . Just pls dont make us wait so long this time. Great work

nycreadernycreaderalmost 3 years ago

Good to see "AuroraIncident" (with the help of "Devir Ginator" and their collaborator Jessica) -- and good to see more of New Girl in Town (I was just looking at "AuroraIncident" 's Biography a few days ago, saw nothing new since January, and I was wondering what was happening with the next installment -- and then I found it last night, and was both surprised (to see it there) and happy (that it was there, and with the story).

I (politely) disagree with the Commenter who said that "nothing" happened in this Chapter, and I actually think that Our Author (with his collaborators/editors) actually "got back into his groove" in this Chapter (as opposed to some shakiness after the Chapter in which our protagonists *nearly died* : the story and its characters are moving forward, the humor is back, and I'm glad that Our Author and his team found at least one antagonist left after even Patrick started to atone for being a villain (he was written as a villain, but he doesn't know that ; ) ).

(Advice: if "Buck" gets to be a good person, I guess that the (former) "Misfits" are just going to have to find things to do and tell jokes with each other (?) -- and that more sex scenes await.)

(I'm also glad to see Coach Pennington back as a mento figure and friend to Jake and Jessica; maybe the UCLA recruiting crew could call in from time to time (?) -- as long as their own story doesn't threaten to eclipse Jessica and Jake's again.)

-------------

I do gather that Our Author has had some troubles in Real Life ; I hope that this story indicates some greater contentment (at least for now).

Sincerely,

E. ("nycreader" when speaking up with respect to Literotica and a similar site) in New York City.

PS: I haven't completely finished this story, but have skimmed much of it.

E.

HragsHragsalmost 3 years ago

I am glad u added another chapter. Been waiting for more. Hope chapters 24 & 25 come soon. Really have enjoyed reading this story. Look forward to it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Glad you are back. Another great chapter. Thanks for your hard work.

JaceyTreyJaceyTreyalmost 3 years ago

This is my favorite series on this site. I'm so glad you're back! 5 🌟

brownmobbrownmobalmost 3 years ago

please keep em coming, and why the hell wouldn't Jake buy Phoebe, come on it the logical solution to his car problem.

and agree with BruceWo, make him a champion in waiting, but gets to UCLA and really shines

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So happy to read this wish it didn't take me so long to get to it after it posted but life works that way sometimes you haven't lost your touch one bit and love how you threw the minivan choice from discord back at their faces lol once a muscle always a muscle until fatherhood atleast 5 stars and great editing too please keep it coming I don't know if fans count for much in life but you have plenty here

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You're back, you're back, you're really back!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Maybe it is just me, maybe it is just because I have read the previous chapters "several" times since you posted chapter 22 and then maybe, to me, you have in this chapter set up the story to end with Jess and Jake breaking up. In all of those maybe's, I hope I am completely wrong. I really hope you continue this story just like the author who wrote "Lady in Red". PLEASE!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thank you for continuing this. I checked once weekly practically in the hopes of more of this beautiful saga. Carry on sir!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Glad you are back writing this story again looking forward to the next installment. I hope things are looking up for you. That being said, Don't even think of breaking theses two up! This was a well written story. You are one of the best writers on this website, IMHO. When I look back at your first stories the improvement in your writing is absolutely huge. Keep up the good work! I very much like that the stories are not all about sex and have a good story line. You have just enough sex to keep it interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Really love this story. Hopefully you will continue this journey

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So glad,

I was thrilled to find your latest installment. I so enjoy your writing style and imagination. Please stay with the story.

DP

SamKetchumSamKetchumalmost 3 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

...just another echo to what the others have said. It's a wonderful story with PLENTY of suggestions for a very long story or some very interesting spin-offs. Thank you again!

SawbSawbalmost 3 years ago

So glad you are writing again. Can't wait for the next chapter.

VividlyLucid29VividlyLucid29almost 3 years ago

Glad your back.

I feel sorry for Mrs. Greene, she seems like an actual good person

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Glad you're back to writing

Love the story. I'm a little worried though because of the idea that Jess and Jake would breakup. Please don't do that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another excellent chapter, but now I’m hanging again for the next one!!! I love this storyline an do have read and re-read it over and over again...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Great to see your continuing with this story

This is the third time I have read this story

I have enjoyed your work each time

And this time I was pleasantly surprised to find you are continuing with this story

I look forward to reading more

Thankyou

CRW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

To all who are worried about the story track... trust the author and his team. Many stories are written in 3 acts:

1) introduction and character/plot development.

2) all hell breaks lose and all seems lost.

3) resolving the crises.

In long or serial novels, this can happen over and over again...

In this chapter AuroraIncident resolves previous threads... OR does he?! Watching for plot twists and more problems and extending the narrative!!!

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

Truly hoping that this is not the end!!! Seems like so much more to go. Hoping Mr. Fishel sells him the Chevelle!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Love the story. I feel like I'm a part of the Misfits.😃

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Always love to read a new chapter

Thank you for giving us a new chapter of “new girl” I know life sometimes gets in the way of a writer’s passions. I know this story could still have a lot more to tell about the misfits as they are growing, I hope you keep writing.

Thanks for time and effort. KS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I love the story and have been reading it for a while now. The characters are so well written that I'm missing them right now because I have caught up to the most recent chapter. Please keep them coming because they feel like they are people I care about!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

First off, let me start by welcoming you back. You have been missed. Secondly, I feel I have to voice my displeasure with Jake and Jessica. Not speaking at the sentencing and then complaining about too low sentence is the same as not voting then complaining about politics. Bullshit. You can however make it up to me. Make Jakes new car a 1969 Chevy Camaro SS with a big block motor and restomodded with pro-trouring frame and suspension. Yes. Please. Pretty please? There's some evil looking camaro builds out there for inspiration.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Overall I enjoy this series. I think they are putting too much emphasis on punishing Jake. If she really loves him she should be supporting him more in his recovery. More about loving and less about punishing. As much as Jake has loved and supported them (especially Jess), they should cut him some slack during his recovery. This is why I can't give it a 5. I'm stretching to get up to a 4.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The new girl in town is a very good read. I’ve been with you the whole way, listening on my Bose speaker while I work. You’ve taken us on an emotional roller coaster ride from the beginning but now, it just stopped. I seriously hope that you are not planning on letting such a good story end without a real conclusion. Several more chapters regarding Jake’s new car, Jessica‘s and Jake’s rehabilitation and their new lives in California together are a necessity. Even if the two of them split up at some point while going to college, like relationships often do, we need to hear it.

Larry

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You, dear author, dropped the bomb in the negotiations with the attorney (an officer of the court). Buck stated that the wreck was for revenge and not an accident. The tape should go to the judge and DA to have Patrick's plea deal vacated. How many times did Patrick tell Jamie to "take Jake out" or"I want him gone". Previous bad actions could then be admitted as evidence to show that the wreck was premeditated attempted murder. Please don't let Buck's arrogance go to waste.

This is good story so please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I’ve really enjoyed the story so far. Can’t wait for another chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great Chapter! :D

When can we expect another chapter?

Regards,

I.W.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I hope this is not the prelude to them breaking up or the end of the story. You have a GREAT story here so please continue it like Harddaysknight did with Lady in Red. PLEASE!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I only found this story a few days ago, but I was so hooked into it that I pretty much couldn’t put it down. The main issue was to be careful in any public place considering the website and possible content, but it was worth it. And while there are a few things that could be better here and there, and for some reason it feels like a word is missing every once in a while, I love this story so so so much and cannot wait time see it continued! I don’t blame you for having life going on and all that, but I’ll check back every once in a while excited for any future updates

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love this story! I can’t wait for more! I hope for a successful relationship with degrees, acclaim, and babies!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Been a while now... Does anyone have any recommendations of similar stories with a strong plot and well-rounded characters?

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

Feeling like we’re done here, if so thanks!

MetadiMetadiover 2 years ago

I really like this series. Good, believable characters and couples with give and take between them.

I am not a lawyer but I think Patrick being an adult at the time of his crime would protect his parents from legal liability. I have two, one sentence suggestions to fix this hole if I’m correct.

1) Have Bruce’s lawyer say something like “I told you to not mix your personal and company funds! Having Patrick on the payroll and his Camaro a company car opens your company to liability here.”

2) Have the family money in Patrick’s name with the lawyer saying something like this “Bruce when (pick grandparent) died Patrick inherited with you as executor with a yearly stipend for life. Most of the wealth is in Patrick’s name and thus open for liable.”

Patrick would probably not have known in either case but both would give Bruce motivation beyond being a bully.

I hope your personal situation improves and you can come back to writing more.

getxgetxover 2 years ago

Will there be another chapter?..... Pls

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story.. hope to see more. I have it saved waiting on the possible continuation but I’m getting grey hairs here lol. I’d like to see jake in a restored 55 Chevy.. shortbed. It’s classic and a sweet looking ride when done up nice. Besides all the things you can do in the back of a truck brings back great memories for me.

Patrick is a turd but I like that you’ve made him remorseful instead of continuing the bully/stalker theme. His dad needs to be jailed in court somehow.. maybe badgering a witness or assault on his lawyer type scenario as he goes for his own son.? Dunno I hate to guess too much but I hope you put me out of my misery and add another chapter soon

The_OutlanderThe_Outlanderover 2 years ago

Excellent series, thank you for writing.

Several comments for similar or good stories below. I can recommend:

Abby by Kezza67 - a long romance in 37 sections.

RobinLane has published three very good war and romance stories on here.

RubenR has some great stories set in Ethiopia.

Passeggiata (complete 2016) Adrian Leverkuhn

Like Father Like Son by smilodonwriter.

I also got into a great series entitled Doc by kingkey, but it remains unfinished at chapter 27.

Lastly there's the writer that got me hooked on here, GaryAPB with excellent and completed series. I am puzzled though, as his detective yarns have been removed. Anyway, there are a lot of very good stories on this website so contact me for other recommendations at your leisure and enjoy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Tried getting into AI's Discord group to get an update. Used to work - now it insists that I need to verify my account (I don't have one) and no matter what I try I can't get back in. Anyone who can, can you provide an update?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

To get back on Discord, go to Aurora Incident's biography page. At the bottom is a link to the page with an invite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

will you continue this story???

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

please continue this story!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oh, thank goodness, I found my way back to this story! I don't know what you're going through, but I hope things are getting better. Take care of yourself, and if you find yourself able to write more, there will be plenty of us eager to read it.

TarlosoTarlosoover 2 years ago

Great story..glad I kept coming back....more soon please

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Any updates?

Benny_6Benny_6over 2 years ago

Will we get a part 24?

Darkest_knight13Darkest_knight13over 2 years ago

Hello, so this is the 2nd... no, 3rd time I have read this story, and I just wanted to let you know that I think you are awesome! I really appreciate you for writing such an amazing story! I hope everything is going well for you. And it's getting close, I want to wish you a happy new year!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I have read this story several times and enjoy it each time. I have read your other stories several times also and will go through them again, waiting for you to write other stories or add on your old stories. Thank you for the great stories by a great author,

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 2 years ago

Excellent story and as an 80's Metalhead love teh Maiden references - "Up the Irons!"

JusteenKJusteenKover 2 years ago

I see that you've been writing this story for over 4 years. I've enjoyed it so much that I've read it all in less than a day!

I hope you are ok and still writing, I'd love for chapter 24 to come along one day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Third time reading this story still hoping for more chapters.

OlebloodOlebloodover 2 years ago

Hope all is well with you. Since it's been a long while for another chapter, I have to wonder if this story had ended. Tell me it isn't so!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Seems like the author has abandoned the series.

MbC56MbC56over 2 years ago

Please finish this story, I've so enjoyed it thus far!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

new game take a shot every time the author says the word “tease”. story has become so redundant with this “let’s tease and make fun of jake because we love him” that this story could’ve legit been done after 10 chapters. you’ve dragged this story out to 23 chapters through this teasing thing alone. also why was jakes dream never talked about? seemed like a massive plot point considering it brought him out of his coma…

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

For those wondering, the author is working on new chapters, but life seems to have gotten in the way of writing. Check out his Discord link on his biography page if you want more details. Great series, looking forward to the next chapters.

Sam23312Sam23312about 2 years ago

Great story! I've read it straight through and have been engaged the entire time. Only one concern. You seem to be leading up to group sex. I emplore you to reconsider! If Jake and Jess are committed as much as it seems, adding partners will undermine the theme of the entire story. I have read too many romance stories that have been ruined by such a turn of character just for the sake of a little erotica. I would hate to lose the respect for the misfits with such a turn. Looking forward to the following chapters!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

i hope there is more comming

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A shame that this story will likely remain unresolved. I had been quite enjoying it. The massive gaps between publishing the last few chapters means that either you gave up on the story or writing altogether. Too bad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is a great story I hope that it will continue since ALL parts were a 5. The characters are great and I can't wait to see where they go. If you start writing books I hope that you will post your writing name. Your other stories are great too. This is the first time I have commented on any author

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I so hope this great story continues.

PhotoMeisterPhotoMeisterabout 2 years ago

I liked the story very much, but it does't seem quite finished. Perhaps some kind of epilogue that tells what some or all of the 'misfits' did after high school? Plus, maybe a new story about Jess and Jake at UCLA.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another dead end story. Almost a year since the last chapter so I don't really see this one finishing. I'm going to pretend it ended when Mr Golden gave Jake the scholarship

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I truly hope you continue this story. You are doing such an outstanding job with it that I would like it to be continued like the story of "Lady in Red" but if not, continue with Jess and Jake going through college together, and after that in starting their life in marriage. I suppose you could play the story other ways but I would REALLY, Really like the J's to continue on in being together. You have done such an outstanding job so please continue.

Cal59Cal59about 2 years ago

Author updated his bio on 30/3, he’s writing but no timeline for the next chapter

RobjustRobRobjustRobabout 2 years ago

+1 vote for more please and thank you. Love this series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The continual use of “masseuse” in lieu of “masseur” really grated with me.

And the sidetrack into Jessica L's love-life just served to slow the pace down and waste the reader's time for no discernable reason. I found some of the American football technical stuff boring and repetetive, but that is probably because I am a European and do not really understand it.

Overall 'though this story really held my attention and once started I could not stop until I reached the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I just Googled this story, wondering what had happened to it. I hope you're doing okay, and I can't wait for the next chapter.

strebor190strebor190almost 2 years ago

From what I see in the comments, the few things that I didn't like in the story have all been mentioned by someone else already so I won't mention them again. Overall, still loving the story and I hope there is going to be more to come. If you've got the time and inspiration to add some more to this story, you can count on me as a fan who will continue to follow this series. Thank for all the effort that went into it and thanks for the good read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

How come this series seems to have stopped, without finishing?

Part 23 was Posted at the beginning of LAST NOVEMBER, six MONTHS ao.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Why are there not anymore chapters, it is like you left your readers hanging. Please finish this story, it has ajoy reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I hope this great story continues! We need to see Jake's research on the soil at the lake lead to Buck's imprisonment for faking/hiding the soil tests. Jake can work with Mr Golden's company on the marina. Also, Mr Fishel needs to Google Dynacorn and order Catherine a whole new body shell...all the other parts are readily available, she could ride again!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Please continue the series. You’ve done a masterful job. It would be excellent to know how you would finish it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Can't wait for remainder of story. Is Author really Rebel Carter???

Would love this as a Netflix series, would be so good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Awesome story, please continue. Really enjoy the way that you write!

General_OGeneral_Oalmost 2 years ago

Have loved this story please write the next chapter

DuncanitaDuncanitaover 1 year ago

Damn, this is SO good... please continue!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I guess you gave up on this type of writting

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story but needs to be completed.( Do they get to UCLA, married, what?)

homey145homey145over 1 year ago

i enjoyed the story and hope you get back to it at some point

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

are you going to finish the story?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAuroraIncident@AuroraIncident
March 6th update: Currently working on the next story in the Grayson series and I have a plan for at least one to two more follow up stories to New Girl. I'll keep everyone posted here and on my Discord. Also, keep an eye out for New Twins in Town set in the New Girl universe...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES