New Girl in Town Pt. 24

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Both our houses have stairs and so does school you goof," Jessica laughed. "They are unavoidable."

"Those are, yes," he grinned. "Adding more to my day seems like a bad idea though."

"Why? Think you'll be too tired for..." Jessica started to tease him until her mother cleared her throat so she quickly said, "dancing?"

"Yes, dancing," Jake shook his head as his face flushed red.

"Jake can't dance in his cast, silly Sis," Sarah jumped in. "He'd just have to sit in his chair while you dance around him."

Jessica giggled while Jake choked on the sip of water he had just taken.

"Jessica," her mother warned as she shook her head. "That doesn't need a comment from you."

"Hey, she said it," Jessica pointed out. "I was only going to add..."

"Please don't," Jake spoke up. "I nearly choked to death already."

"Here, Jake," Sarah said as she handed him a napkin. "You spilled water all over your face, Messy!"

"Think that's funny huh, Sar-bear?" he asked as he dabbed his face.

"Yep," she answered with a smile. "Jake's the messy one for once and not me!"

"You're a verbal mess," Jessica said with a laugh.

"I'm not a gerbil," Sarah argued.

"Before that debate can start there's more," Mr. Golden stated. "We have to wait for the clean up and the EPA to recheck the affected areas so construction won't start back up until late March at the earliest. That leaves me open to escorting Jess and Jake to California over spring break. No one has to take time off of work that way."

"I still want to go," Sarah chimed in.

"You have to stay and watch out for... well mom now I guess," Jessica told her. "You'll be coming along with us when we move out there for college anyway."

"You'll be lucky if she doesn't try and talk you into keeping her in your dorm room once she gets out there, Jess," Dr. Golden laughed. "You can tell that she's a California girl at heart."

"Nah, she's a Carolina girl through and through just like me," Jessica said. "She'll love to visit though, I'm sure. Right, lil sis?"

"Right!" Sarah agreed. "Now lets talk about these boats again. Can we fit my 'scope on one of them?"

****

"Are you sure that you're cool with my dad chaperoning us to California," Jessica asked Jake as she drove him home after they finished their homework.

"I don't think that I had much choice there, Jess," Jake laughed. "I mean I like your dad. He's cool but I don't see us getting too much alone time once we're out there."

"I was thinking the same thing when he said he's taking us," she nodded in agreement. "From what I've heard about my itinerary once we're there, we may not have had that much time anyway."

"True," he nodded. "I'm hoping that we can score some beach time at least if you think that you'll have time for that."

"I have no idea," she admitted. "When I talk with my recruiter it sounds like I'll get back to my room and collapse into my bed from exhaustion until I'm back up and at it the next morning."

"Sounds like you'll need a vacation from spring break," he laughed as his cell phone chimed.

He pulled out his phone and checked his text while Jessica drove on.

"Tell your mom that we're almost there," she said as she slowed for a turn. "And yes, I will totally need some relaxation after this trip. Good thing we're heading to the beach here when we get back. Might be too cold to get into the ocean but there's a heated pool."

"Sounds good," Jake nodded as he read the text. "It's from Jamie. He just left Patrick's."

"How'd that go?" she asked.

"He says it was fine. Patrick wasn't a dick at all," Jake answered. "Said that Patrick's mom is doing all right. Patrick told him that she's looking for a divorce lawyer."

"Sounds bad but it also sounds like it's for the best," she said as she pulled into Jake's driveway. "Is Jamie okay?"

"He says that he's fine," he said. "Says that it felt weird being back over there and he's not planning on making it a habit. Now he's calling Marie to let her know. He'll talk to us tomorrow at school about it."

"Sounds good," she said as she parked. "Are you going argue with me if I get out to help you get inside?"

"Depends," he smiled in the darkness.

"On?" she asked.

"On if I get to squeeze your butt while you help," he said.

"Like I can stop you from doing that," she laughed. "I'll have my hands full anyway."

"Oh really?" he asked.

"Naughty boy," she laughed. "Someone needing some relief?"

"Yes," he answered. "Not now though. I see my mom looking out the window to make sure that it's us. I better get in."

"Mmm, yes you should," she said as she ran her hand up his thigh and gave it a squeeze.

"Now who's being naughty?" he asked.

"Me," she answered gleefully. "And you love it, Mister!"

"That I do, Jess," he grinned. "That I do."

****

Friday

"Are you sure that you're good with that?" Staci asked Jessica as the pair went through the school lunch line. "I've gotten so used to carrying your tray and books and all of it."

"Yes, it's fine," Jessica answered. "I got the go ahead to lose the cast and my only restriction is no spiking volleyballs until I'm checked out by the training staff at UCLA when Jake and I go there."

"I'm still so jealous," Staci stated. "Are you sure that I can't talk you or Jake into sneaking me into your carry on luggage? I want to see California!"

"While I can totally imagine Jake attempting to lug you around from airport to airport in a suitcase; I don't think that we'll be wanting to test the strength of his newly healed leg," she said. "That and we'd never get through security. You couldn't keep your mouth shut long enough."

"Bitch!" Staci sounded aghast then giggled. "Okay, so, you're probably right but still. Where is Jake anyway? We figured that you'd both be back at the same time."

"He's skipping out on a biology test isn't he, Jess," Bobby stated as the pair sat with their usual group at the table. "Someone kept him from studying, didn't they?"

"No, Bobby," Jessica answered. "His grades are better in there than mine are!"

"Meaning that you're trying to bring his average down," Ray jumped in quickly. "We all can tell."

"Not happening," she defended with a laugh. "While I am now cast free as you all have seen."

She waved her arm for the table to see.

"Jake needed to be fitted for a brace that he's got to wear for a couple more weeks," she finished.

"He is healing all right, right?" Ray asked.

"From his texts, he says that his doctor was impressed with his recovery and how quickly things healed," she shared. "They are just concerned about his leg muscles being too weak at the moment so they're putting him in a brace."

"Is he still going to be using crutches or is he getting a cane?" Bobby asked with a grin. "Please say cane so I can call him Pappy Gibson for the foreseeable future, Jess."

"His crutches for a while longer, Bobby," she answered. "So no more ammunition for you to make fun of him on that front."

"As long as he's still hopping around, I guess that'll have to do," he sighed. "Does he get to take this one off or what?"

"I'm not sure," she answered. "He had to go get fitted and they were going to give him all the things that he can and can't do then. I'm sure that we'll all know once school's out."

"You know that he's going to be texting you first, Jessica," Roxie laughed. "You'll be the one that has to text the rest of us what's going on with him."

"I will not!" she argued. "Okay, maybe with a few of you but that's only because he'll take one row of friends and I'll take the other so everyone knows before we start our homework."

"Yeah, homework ," Staci grinned as she pantomimed giving a blow job.

"You just made your boyfriend make a weird noise over here," Jessica pointed out. "I think that means that you're the one that's going to be doing that kind of homework tonight."

"Probably," Staci giggled. "Doesn't mean that you won't be as well."

"Some of us are trying to eat here, you two," Roxie bemoaned.

"I thought you were through already," Jessica stated then noticed what Roxie had in her hand. "Hey! Is that my brownie?"

"It was," Shelly laughed.

"You snooze, you lose, Jess," Jody said.

"Roxie," Jessica whines pitifully, "That was the only chocolate I was going to get all day and you didn't even offer me a trade. I thought that we only steal from Staci's tray?"

"Hey!" Staci said.

"This is true," Roxie agreed then reached into her lunch bag.

She rummaged around for a moment then pulled out a pack of M&M's and handed them to Jessica.

"I was gonna save those for Art class but if I'm taking your only chocolate I guess you can have them," she said.

"Split'em?" Jessica suggested as she opened the pack and poured half into her hand then handed Roxie back the pack. "I gotta take care of my Foxy Roxie, ya know?"

"Aw, you're sweet," Roxie said then looked around the table. "Guys, I think that we should keep her."

"I'm still on the fence about her," Bobby chimed in.

"You had better get off that fence, baby," Mary Beth told him. "Had she not told me about someone's cute little crush on me I wouldn't be sitting here with you right now."

"Did I say fence? I meant to say that Jess is the best," he amended then gave Mary Beth a quick kiss.

"Damn right," Jessica laughed as the bell rang to end their lunch period.

"I got your books, Jess," Staci said as she hopped to her feet. "And don't give me any lip about your lack of cast now, blah blah blah. I've gotten used to carrying them and you aren't one hundred percent yet."

"No, but I can still..." she started to argue but Staci shushed her.

"Nope," she said. "Still taking care of you at least until you get back from California and no more trying to argue with me."

"You're not having it, huh?" Jessica grinned. "Does this carrying my stuff thing mean that you're going to carry my bags when we go shopping this weekend?"

"I thought that's what Tonya was coming along for?" she asked as they left the cafeteria. "Isn't she supposed to carry all our stuff?"

"Do you honestly think that will last past the second store we go to?" Jessica giggled.

"You have a point there," Staci conceded. "I guess bringing Ray along would be out of the question."

"And watch you sneak him off into the dressing rooms to have some fun while the rest of us try things on?" Jessica asked. "I don't think so."

"Don't be jealous because you didn't think of it first," Staci giggled.

"I'm not jealous... much," Jessica said. "I'm not sure that I can maneuver Jake and his leg well enough to pull off some dressing room fun. That and I don't want to get banned from all the stores at the mall."

"No, huh?" she asked. "How about joining the Mile High Club when you two are flying out to California?"

"With my dad going with us? Yeah, not happening," she stated. "With Dad and how full my schedule looks when I'm there, I'll be lucky if I see Jake anyplace other than the airport."

"That sucks but maybe you can sneak in a little time together," Staci said as they reached Jessica's class.

Jessica stopped at the door and reached for her books.

"I can take those now unless you want to walk me to my desk and pull my chair out for me," she said.

Staci started into the classroom but Jessica stopped her.

"Give me those and get to your own class," she told her. "I'm not going to be responsible for making you late. Now go. I've got these."

"Okay, fine," Staci said. "See you at your locker after school?"

"At Jake's locker," she answered. "I have to grab a couple of his books out of there for homework tonight."

Staci nodded as she headed off to her class while Jessica sat at her and Jake's desk.

"No Jake today?" Lee Ann asked.

"He's getting fitted for a brace about now," she answered. "That or eating some of Smitty's fries which, if he is doing that, he owes me."

"Totally owes you," Lee Ann laughed as the bell rang to start class.

"Jessica, we seem to be missing your partner," Mrs. Harper said as she got up from her desk. "Should we expect him?"

"I'm afraid not, Mrs. Harper," Jessica answered. "He's at the doctor so I'll be needing to get his homework after class, please."

"Of course," she nodded. "Now if you all will open your books to page one twenty two and take a look at..."

****

"How's it feel?" Mr. Fishel asked as Jake made his way to the garage that housed his new car.

"It feels lighter but also heavier in some parts," Jake answered as he moved his new brace around. "If that makes any sense."

"At least you've got a bit more freedom," Mr. Fishel noted. "Your Jess must be happy about that."

"I think she will be," he answered. "She hasn't seen it yet but she'll be here once school's out. She's out of her cast now so she's ecstatic about that."

"I bet that she is," he said then smiled. "Maybe almost as excited about it as you are."

"I'm not complaining," Jake laughed.

"No, you are not," Mr. Fishel nodded. "Are we waiting on the rest of your crew to get here or are we doing some of touch up work that needs doing. All of which, I'll remind you, can be done while you sit down with that leg of yours propped up. I'm not getting the third degree from your Miss Jessica when she gets here and you aren't taking care of yourself."

"That's not something that you have to worry about," Jake laughed as he took a seat on a stool at the workbench and propped his leg up. "I would be the one on the receiving end of her third degree, as you put it, not you."

"Only because I guaranteed her free car washes for a year when she bought her Mustang from me," Mr. Fishel noted with a laugh.

"Remind me again who it is that you got to wash said car?" Jake asked.

"Yes, but I supervise so well that it's almost as if I do it myself," he chuckled as he handed Jake a screwdriver. "Now get the casing off that thing and lets see how the wiring's looking."

An hour later, as the pair worked to install the radio, they heard the distinct growl of Jessica's Mustang then the crunch of the gravel as she pulled up outside.

"I brought snacks," she called out as she entered the garage. "Snacks and homework."

"I know which of those are for me," Mr. Fishel chuckled. "More work for you, Jake. I am taking a break."

"Both of you are taking a break," Jessica said as she put down the sack of snacks she brought. "I haven't even seen Jake's brace thing yet so crawl your butt out of your car and let me get a look at this thing!"

Jake carefully worked his way over so that his leg was out the passenger door. Jessica knelt down and looked over the metal brace.

"Does it hurt?" she asked as she ran her hand over it.

"No," he answered. "It's still kind of heavy but at least it's not as bulky as the cast was and check this out."

Jake reached down and fiddled with the frame outside his knee. Jessica heard a click and watched as Jake was able to bend his knee.

"Hey are you supposed to be doing that?" she asked as he awkwardly moved his leg.

"It's fine," he answered. "It gets locked when I'm standing so it takes any weight I put on it instead of my leg. At least until I get my strength back in my leg."

"So no more crutches?" she asked.

"Only if my leg starts to feel tired," Jake answered as he nodded toward the one crutch that leaned against the nearby workbench. "I'm mostly free now."

"That's great!" Jessica said then leaned in and quickly pressed her lips to his. "Come eat something."

She watched as he locked the brace back in place then stood. He teetered for a moment but stopped as she reached out to steady him.

"I have to get used to this thing," he told her. "Might as well practice now so I don't have to hear it from Bobby, Roxie and the rest tomorrow."

"You know that you'll be hearing it anyway, right?" she asked. "They can't seem to help themselves."

"True," he laughed as they sat at the workbench with Mr. Fishel and started to eat.

"How much more do you have to do here?" she asked after a few minutes.

"We were just fiddling around for the most part," Mr. Fishel answered after he took a drink from his orange soda. "Putting that newfangled radio into this classic beauty."

"This one's radio didn't even work," Jake pointed out. "At least it wasn't an 8-track but still. I can't drive around in silence can I?"

"You can always get Miss Jessica here to sing to ya," Mr. Fishel grinned.

"Oh no," she exclaimed. "Not happening. I want to remain his girlfriend and my singing would definitely put that in jeopardy."

"That's not what Ms. Simpson says," Jake said. "She told me that she wants you to try out for the next play that's put on."

"I'm not the only one that she said that to, mister," she stated. "Now that you're even closer to being fully healed it looks like you're out of excuses to try out yourself."

"I think that backfired on you there, Jake," Mr Fishel chuckled.

"Oh it did," Jake nodded. "Thankfully tryouts are after we get back from California so maybe Jess will forget about it by then."

"Not a chance," Jessica laughed. "If I have to tryout then so do you. Deal?"

"Ugh, fine. Deal," he agreed. "Now please tell me that we don't have two hours of homework tonight."

****

February 14th

"Roxie, are you absolutely sure that you want to do this?" Jessica asked as they stood together in Jessica's living room.

"I don't think that I have any choice, Jess," Roxie said then nodded down toward her legs. "Do I, Sar-Bear?"

"Nope," Sarah answered while she sat on Roxie's feet with her arms around her legs. "She can only go if I go with her."

"I'm pretty sure that we can pry her off you, Rox," Jake said as he fiddled with the button on his suit jacket. "She's wide open for a visit from the tickle monster."

"Ooo, she is!" Jessica exclaimed excitedly.

"Jessica, if you make her pee on me..." Roxie threatened as Sarah started to squirm.

"I wouldn't dream of it, Rox," Jessica assured her. "I'd fall out of this dress if I even tried!"

"Boobies!" Sarah giggled. "Sissy's boobies are going to pop out!"

"They better not," Dr. Golden said as she entered the room. "Sarah, don't sit on Roxie like that. You're liable to make her fall over with all that squirming you're doing."

"It's fine, Mama G," Roxie said. "I'll let her cushion my fall!"

Roxie mimed falling over which caused Sarah to squeal then laugh.

"Again!" Sarah laughed.

"Lord, we'll have to pay her triple tonight," Dr. Golden shook her head then turned to Jessica. "What was Sarah saying when I came in?"

"I almost bent down to tickle my little problem sister but I'm afraid that I might fall out of this dress if I tried," Jessica answered.

"Come with me. I've got just the thing," she told her then patted Jake's shoulder. "Sorry to ruin that opportunity for you, Jake."

"I... I wasn't..." Jake stammered as mom and daughter headed for the stairs.

"Smooth, Jake," Roxie laughed. "Real smooth."

"I didn't even say anything," Jake defended.

"No, but you were certainly looking at something," she said.

"Sissy's boobies," Sarah giggled.

"Sarah, are you trying to get Jake drowned in the lake tonight?" Roxie asked her. "If you keep that up that has a possibility of happening."

"Okay," Sarah agreed. "No more boobies talk. Jake takes me for ice cream and I can't lose that."

"Yeah, he supplies me with brownies so I can't get him into too much trouble either," Roxie smiled.

"Hey! We have a brownie mix in the kitchen," Sarah said. "Can we make them tonight, Roxie? Please!"

"If you get the okay from your mom..." Roxie started to say but that was enough for Sarah to hear as she turned and ran for the stairs.

"I am so gonna regret that," Roxie sighed as she noticed Jake still fidgeting with his suit jacket. "Problem there, Jake?"

1...456789