New Habits

Story Info
Covid-19 didn't beat us.
5.6k words
4.45
48k
57
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I hope you enjoy my submission into Literotica's "Love the One(s) Your With" contest.

New Habits

Covid-19 didn't beat us!

I was conflicted, as I leaned against the railing on the deck of our Essex, Connecticut waterfront summer home on that early August 2020 morning. I was watching my family; Trish, my wife of thirty-four years, my son Michael and his beautiful wife Lori along with their new born daughter Kylee, another son Steven and his wife Meg and my youngest, a daughter Gretchen, her husband Phil along with their unborn baby. Gretchen was six months pregnant and her belly was just starting to show, under her over-sized tee shirt.

My family was sitting in the sand on blankets, just out of the reach of the slowly rolling waves. Although the worst of the Covid-19 virus had passed, our family still practiced social distancing. The beach blankets were spread in a circle, each several feet from the next.

Our kids had driven down to our home, earlier this morning. They all lived in the central Connecticut area where they grew up

The biggest challenge that Trish and I still faced was we hadn't been allowed to hold our first grandchild. Kylee was almost a month old. Current guidelines directed that new born babies be isolated from everyone other than their parents, until they received their six week immunizations. Although we were disappointed we were unable to hold and kiss our precious Kylee, we understood that our kids were in charge of their daughters' well-being and we wouldn't interfere.

As our family had been personally and professionally touched by the destruction of the Covid pandemic, we were careful to follow sensible rules and regulations.

But overall, I was still conflicted. While the world had been ravished by the God-awful virus, Trish and I had taken the time and transformed our stale marriage and mundane life into something special.

Six months earlier

"Can you make me a drink?" Trish yelled, as she walked from the garage and into our kitchen on that mid-March, Friday afternoon.

I walked out of my home office, holding a half finished glass of bourbon and headed to the bar in our family room. After pouring a couple of inches of tequila and topping the glass off with ice, frozen berries and lime, I added another inch of Knob Creek to my glass.

"Here," I said as I passed Trish her drink.

"You're not going to believe what the asshole school bigwigs decided today," Trish said. "They're closing the schools for the next two weeks."

"It's not just your town. All schools in the state are closed through the end of the month."

"Fuck! I'll be making up school days into July."

"No you won't," I told Trish. "I read that this two week shutdown won't extend the school year. You'll be getting out in mid-June."

Trish took a sip of her drink, sighed and asked, "Where are we going for dinner?"

Since becoming empty nesters, with a well above average disposable income, Trish and I have dinner out three or four nights a week.

"Haven't you been listening to the news? All restaurants are shut down."

"Then what the hell are we going to do?" Trish wanted to know.

"I had some time at lunch today and went to the grocery store. I stocked the basement freezer with meat and bought other essentials. I'll grill some asparagus, shrimp and steaks."

Our dinner was delicious, but we ate mostly in silence. We split a bottle of wine and when our plates were empty, Trish volunteered, "I'll clean up, if you take the dog out."

Without saying a word, I grabbed my bourbon glass, went to the bar and poured another drink. I called for the dog and together, we walked through the backyard to the trails leading into the woods. As was my habit, I walked Gordon, our twelve year old shepherd until my drink was finished and then returned to our home.

I poured another drink for me and refreshed Trish's tequila, before sitting in my arm chair and falling asleep. Trish woke me for bed, several hours later and insisted that I had been snoring uncontrollably. "I want you to sleep in the guest room tonight," was her order.

The following morning was slow, as Trish and I nursed slight hangovers. I took Gordon for her morning walk. The only difference is my drink of choice was a steaming cup of black coffee.

We were sitting around the kitchen table at around 10 am realizing that our options for an active Saturday were very limited. Our gym was closed, as were all other non-essential businesses and federal and state officials were suggesting that everyone remain home.

"Let's go to the beach house. We can open up and give it a nice clean."

Trish almost immediately dismissed my idea and we sat with our own thoughts for the next few minutes.

Eventually, I got up from the kitchen table. "Where are you going?" She wanted to know.

"I'm going to pack for overnight and head to the beach," I told her.

I was heading to the stairs leading to the second floor, when Trish bellowed, "What the hell am I supposed to do?"

I ignored her rhetorical question. Five minutes later, Trish entered the bedroom and watched for a short few seconds, before she went into her closet and brought out her overnight duffle bag and packed her needed clothes and accessories for the night and next day.

My suggestion to clean our summer house was a gross exaggeration. We have a service that comes in at the beginning of March. They clean the winter dust from the cottage, scrub the kitchen and bathrooms and set up the deck and patio furniture.

By 1 pm, Trish and I were walking along the beach and watching Gordon chasing the waves. I grilled chicken for dinner and Trish made a nice garden salad. Since we hadn't turned on the cable and internet service, we took another long walk after dinner. The beach is cold in mid-March and we bundled up in winter coats, hats and gloves for our walk. That night, we slept like logs.

"What are you thinking about?" Trish wanted to know. I was sitting at our kitchen bar drinking a cup of coffee and looking through the living room and out to Long Island Sound.

"You have next week off from school, right?" Trish nodded her agreement. "I've told my sales team to conform to all local shutdown provisions. In discussions with my customers, I know our products and associated surgeries have been deemed non-essential at most hospitals. Surgeries will be postponed. I'm not going to have a lot of work to do over the next week or so." Looking up at Trish, I asked, "Let's stay here."

I could tell that Trish's first reaction was to tell me no. I was happy to see her catch herself. She sat on the stool next to me and looked out over the water.

"We'll need internet service."

I lifted my cell phone from the countertop, looked up our local cable and internet provider and dialed customer service. Five minutes later, I told Trish, "the service will be on later today."

Still looking out at the gray water, I could see a twitch of a smile. Trish said, "Let's run home, pack what we need for the week and be back by dinner."

Later that night, as I grilled a pork loin, Trish opened the sliding glass door and said, "I was going to make us a couple of drinks. You packed my tequila, but forgot your bourbon."

"I didn't forget it," I admitted. "I've been drinking a little too much over the last year. I decided to give the beer, wine and booze a break for the week."

Trish looked on in surprise. "Can I get you anything?" She asked.

I shrugged and told her, "I'd love a seltzer."

Two days later, a little after 5 am, I was getting ready to take Gordon on our normal two mile morning walk. Trish was in the living room, in front of the TV and was about to start a forty five minute You Tube yoga routine.

"Can I ask you a favor?" I wanted to know.

Trish looked over and raised her brow. "My chiropractor is closed, due to the shut down and I know my back will start to stiffen up over the next few days. Dr. Joe sent out an email to his patients to begin yoga stretches."

"Ok?"

"Will you come for a walk with Gordon and me? After we get back I'd like to do yoga with you."

Trish tried to stifle a laugh, but failed miserably. "You know I'm going to laugh at you?"

I nodded and told her, "And you know I'm going to be staring at your ass."

"You're still a dirty old pervert!"

On Wednesday morning, after reading an email from her school system superintendent, Trish told me, "School is opening up for virtual learning in two weeks. I have a full week starting on Monday. We're going to be trained on different internet teaching platforms." After another minute of thought, she asked, "Do you think we should go home?"

"What do you think?" I wanted to know.

Trish shrugged, smiled and said, "I'd rather not."

Later that afternoon, I returned from Lowes. I had two six foot folding tables and two folding chairs.

Our home has two stories. The first floor has an open floor plan and is our living and entertainment area. The second floor consists of three bedrooms and two baths. The master bedroom suite is in front of the house and has a large window that faces the water. The two smaller guest bedrooms have windows that look either north or south along the shore line.

Trish helped me move some furniture and in less than an hour, we had set up two offices. Each bedroom was equipped with a temporary desk that had a view of a mile or two of beach.

Trish had been back to our home and had returned with her teaching supplies. As she set up her new office, I sat on the deck and started another project.

"What the heck is that?" asked Trish. She had a huge smile on her face.

"It's a smoker. I'm going to teach myself how to smoke fish and meat."

"And you're going to do that without a glass of bourbon?" Trish said with a laugh.

She laughed harder, as I flipped her the bird. "When are you going to impress me with your first smoked meal?"

"I bought the ingredients for my culinary delight. We will be dining at 6:30."

My pasta, bacon and smoked shrimp dinner was a spectacular success. I watched as Trish wiped her nearly clean plate with the last chunk of bread. She sopped up the remaining oil, garlic and a bit of Kalamata olive. The morsel was halfway to her open mouth, when she said, "I can't eat another bite." Instead she reached across the table and fed me.

"That was delicious Chris. I love you."

Our lives went along for the next couple of weeks. We continued to wake up at 5 am, take Gordon for a walk and do our morning yoga routine. My initial, utterly embarrassing attempts at the different poses gradually got better. Or at least, Trish no longer laughed hysterically. I still paid a great deal of attention to her heart shaped ass!

Around 7:30 each morning, we went to our offices and started the work day. Generally, Trish worked straight through until 1 pm and had most of the afternoon to herself. I found if I worked from 7:30 until 11, noon until 2 and 3:30 until 5, I could stay on top of my professional responsibilities.

As part of our property, we have an oversized stand alone, two car garage, with a second floor storage area. We kept the building in good working shape, but hardly ever used the garage. Instead, we parked in the yard, close to the house.

It was mid-April and we'd been living at the shore for a month, when I made a decision. I got a few recommendations, made some calls and set up three appointments. At 10 am that morning, I poked my head into the back bedroom that Trish used as her office.

"Will you do me a favor, sweetheart?"

Trish looked up and said, "Sure."

"You might hear talking over the next hour. I'm working on a surprise. Will you stay in your office?"

"Ummm. OK. I guess."

I made the same request, two more times during the course of the day and each time, Trish agreed. By the end of the week, I had three quotes and plans to turn our unused garage into an art studio for Trish and a separate home gym area. The storage area above the garage would become a bunkroom for our future grandchildren.

When the builders and other workmen showed up the following Monday, Trish was at wits end. "You've got to tell me what's going on!"

"For the last twelve years, you've spent your entire summer here. Summer is the only time you have to concentrate on your art. I'm building you an art room in half the garage and a home gym in the other half. The second floor will be a bunk room for our tribe of savage grand kids. After the renovations are completed, we can get a truck and bring your art supplies and some of our workout equipment from home.

I was able to smile. For once, Trish was at a loss for words. It wasn't until lunch that I found out how excited Trish was. I was making us a salad, when Trish came into the kitchen. She walked up, pressed her hot body against me and gave me a tonsil tickling kiss. We kissed non-stop for over a minute, a record for the last few years.

I was stunned when she dropped to her knees, unbuttoned my jeans and pulled them, along with my boxers to my knees. Her blow job was slow, sensual and best of all, balls deep. She kept me on the edge of orgasm for several minutes. When I knew I was about to burst, I warned her and was doubly stunned, when she took me to my root, hugged my ass and let me cum down her throat. I was dizzy when Trish stood and with a devilish grin, stuck her tongue back in my throat.

When Trish heard me return to the house on Friday, around mid-afternoon, she came down the stairs. "You've been gone a couple of hours. Where have you been?" She leaned in and gave me a kiss, as she finished her question.

"I took your list of things you wanted from home and went to get them ... along with a few other things."

Trish could tell, by the sound of my voice that I was up to something. "A few other things?" She repeated with a raised eyebrow.

I held up my favorite of her little black dresses and the pair of black come-fuck-me heels that made her legs and ass look even more spectacular.

"We are going out on a date tonight and will be leaving at 6:30."

"Chris? Everything is shut down. What do you mean; we're going on a date?"

I leaned in, kissed her lips and whispered, "6:30."

I was dressed in a navy blue pinstripe suit, white shirt and a red regimental tie, when Trish came down the stairs, only a few minutes late.

When I said, "Wow!" and gave a whistle, Trish's smile grew. "You don't look half bad yourself, stud!"

After she kissed me, she stepped back and tugged at my suit jacket. "How much weight have you lost?" She wanted to know.

I shrugged and said, "I'm not sure," before taking her arm and leading her out to our car.

After stopping at Leoni's, our favorite area Italian restaurant and picking up each of our favorite appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts, I drove to White's marina. My neighbor Joe had a 32" sail boat docked at White's. Earlier in the day, I had set up a small dinner table in the cockpit at the stern of the boat. I had brought a couple of candles, cloth napkins and silverware.

As it was still April, I brought a heavy blanket for Trish to wrap herself in, as we ate. The wine I opened and served with dinner was the first alcohol we'd had since moving to the shore.

I had wondered all day if Trish would appreciate my efforts. Her smile and flirty conversation left little doubt that she was happy. And after dinner, when she took my hand and guided me to one of the bench seats and took down my pants, pushed me back on the bench, pulled up her dress showing me her beautiful bald, wet pussy and climbed into my lap, left no doubt that my bride loved me.

I reached around and palmed each small, tight, athletic cheek, while Trish banged her pussy onto my cock. We each grunted loudly, as we orgasmed together a few minutes later.

At lunch time, the following Monday, Trish went out to Wal-Mart. I was sitting on the deck, when she returned. I looked up as the sliding door opened and saw Trish standing naked, just inside the house. "I need you! I need you right now!" She turned and I followed her tight toned fifty-seven year old body, as she led me upstairs.

When I turned into our room, Trish had crawled onto our bed. Her ass was high, her legs were spread in a wide "V" and she was resting her head on the mattress. "Don't say a word! I don't want foreplay. I just want you to fuck me!"

It only took a moment to drop my pants and boxers. When I slid into Trish's snug pussy, I was stunned at how wet she was. I was going to comment, until she cried out, "Pound me and make me cum."

When we lay in each other's arms breathing heavily a number of minutes later, I had to ask, "What the hell was that about?"

Trish giggled like the school girl I remembered and asked, "Do you promise not to get mad?"

"That sounds ominous. Maybe you shouldn't tell me!"

She giggled hard and told me, "I was at Wal-Mart and was trying to get a 40 pound bag of dog food into the carriage. A young guy came over and offered to help. Like me, he was wearing a protective mask. When he was done, he looked me in the eye, then looked at my cleavage and said, "You have beautiful eyes!"

I couldn't believe it! This young kid was trying to pick me up! He said, "If you'd like, I would be happy to follow you home and carry the bag into your house." I'm glad that I was wearing the mask, because my face must have turned crimson. I thanked him and said, "I think my husband can manage to get the dog food inside." As I walked away, I looked over my shoulder. His eyes were glued to my ass. I got so hot thinking about a young guy trying to pick me up, that I raced home, wanting to fuck you."

The next night at dinner, Trish said, "I feel bad about something,"

"What's wrong?" I wanted to know.

"There's been so much death, destruction and misery, since the virus hit. It's all around us. You and I both know people who have died from Covid. But you and me? We seem to be doing better than we have, in a long time."

I smiled, reached across the table and pulled Trish's hand to my lips. After kissing her hand, I agreed. .

In addition to our morning and evening walks with Gordon, along with yoga, Trish and I added a quick forty-five minute barbell and dumbbell workout at noon. After the renovation was completed on our garage, I brought the weight sets that my sons used through high school, college and as young adults, to the shore. Trish and I weren't looking to become bodybuilders. We just wanted to remain strong and fit.

As we finished our workout one afternoon, Trish asked, "Can we talk?"

We were sitting on exercise benches facing each other, when I said, "Of course."

"I've been thinking about retiring, after this school year." When I didn't say anything, Trish continued, "I know I need one more year to max-out my pension, but I've lost my passion for teaching. I'm bored. I'm angry. I can't compete with the younger, idealistic teachers. What do you think?"

I smiled and said, "It looks like I need to plan a retirement party."

I was surprised when Trish stubbornly said, "No! You can't just say, 'retire'. I want to talk about it."

"OK," I nodded. "Let's talk."

"What would I do?"

I was going to flippantly say, "Anything you want," but at the last second, I held back. Instead, after a few moments thought, I told Trish, "I'll be traveling again, after the pandemic runs its course. I'd like you to consider traveling with me. Perhaps not every trip, but once or twice a month would be perfect. You can explore the cities during the day, while I work. In the evening, we can have dinner together."

"You'll be a new grandmother in six weeks. You could watch the baby one day a week."

After thinking for a few more moments, I told Trish, "You've given up your passion for art over the last few decades and instead have been a math teacher. Go back to your passion. Become the artist we all know you want to be."

12