New Life

Story Info
A man wakes up and notices that things are changing.
1.4k words
3.96
3.5k
2
0

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/17/2023
Created 08/11/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

September 24, 2012 (Monday - 5 days to the Full Moon)

Rashad's eyes shot open, and it took a moment for him to realize that he was lying in his bed on his stomach. He rolled over slightly and felt to see if Tracy was still there, He felt her butt and heard her moan and was satisfied. He rolled back on his stomach and was about to fall back asleep when the events of the previous night hit him like a sledgehammer. He opened his eyes again and reached over to the nightstand to pick up his cell phone and see what time it was, 4:45 am. He rolled out of bed and went to the bathroom.

As he walked into the bathroom, he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and used the toilet. While he was relieving himself, he thought about the previous night. He had been hanging out with Sean in the woods; they had heard a strange sound coming from the woods. At first, he had been curious as to what it was, considering they were near a military base, there shouldn't be too many wild animals out here. He had started to investigate, but then he could have sworn he saw a wolf looking at him in the distance.

He backed up slowly, and the wolf matched his pace. He would stop and so would the wolf. His fight or flight instinct kicked in and he decided to fight. He looked around for a branch or something to defend himself, he found one and when he looked up, the wolf was gone. He looked around for it and didn't hear it coming up from behind. The next thing he knew he heard snarling and he felt pain in his wrist. He dropped the branch and began running, not caring if the wolf was following him.

He stumbled out of the woods and onto the road and almost got hit by Sean's Camaro. The next hour was a blur, but he did remember getting home, wrapping his arm...His arm! Rashad finished going to the bathroom, washed his hands and then looked at his gauze wrapped wrist. It didn't hurt anymore and he slowly un-wrapped it, and was shocked to find no bite marks, no scar whatsoever. Just some faint blood on the gauze was the only sign that there might have been a wound there. He shook his head, suddenly feeling very tired. He threw the gauze in the trash and turned off the light. He walked back into the bedroom, lay down, and before his head hit the pillow, he was asleep.

He awoke again, but this time he noticed that the sun was out. He checked his phone again and saw that it was 1:30 in the afternoon and he had a couple of text messages. He opened his messages and saw one was from Tracy. It read 'Getting gas on the way home, don't forget to stir the meat. Love you'. He checked the second message and saw that it was from his friend Resa, it read 'U up?' He rolled out of bed and grabbed his glasses and was about to get up when he noticed that his glasses were blurry. He took them off and wiped them with his t-shirt. He put them back on and they were still blurry. He took them back off, and then realized that it wasn't his glasses. He looked around the room and realized he was seeing things a lot more clearly without them on. He stood up and left the bedroom with his glasses in hand.

He went to his office and sat down at the computer. When it came on, he had to back up, it was too large, which was weird because he hadn't changed any settings on it. He went to the control panel and lowered the font, restarted the computer and when it came on, it seemed to be at the right font. He began messing around on his computer for the next hour or so.

While he was messing around on the internet, he kept hearing a low buzzing flying by his ear. He looked up and realized that it was a fly. He watched it fly by and kept coming closer and then flew away. As he watched it, he noticed that it seemed to start to slow down. Then it just stopped in midair. He reached out and grabbed it but didn't kill it. He opened his palm and saw that it lay in the middle, wings barely moving, 'Correction' he thought, it is moving, but slower.

He looked around the room and realized that the music he was listening to was going slower also. He typed a few words on the story he had been working on and saw that there was a slight delay till it hit the computer. Then suddenly, everything caught up to him. He felt the fly in his palm, and he crushed it and threw its body in the trashcan. He decided that he needed to take a shower and clear his head.

He shifted his overweight body into the shower and let the water hit him and clear his head. At 6'5" he weighed well over 400 lbs. He had been trying to diet and walk, but it was hard when you were that big. He had been cutting his calorie intake and been trying to walk when he had the opportunity, but unfortunately his natural laziness had been working against him.

He washed his body and then rinsed off and washed his head. When he was finished, he walked into the bedroom and put his jeans and a T-shirt on. He felt like doing something, he needed to move; now how far he was going to move, that was up to his body. He put his shoes on and headed toward the door. He made sure he had his keys and wallet and headed out the door and down the front steps. He checked his cell phone and saw that it was 3:45 pm.

He began walking to the exit of the trailer park and was shocked when he made it to the entrance, and he wasn't tired. He decided to continue walking and headed toward the intersection of Newtown Rd. and Virginia Beach Blvd. While he was walking, he let his mind wander. He was thinking of his friends, school the next week, his future and jobs that he wanted.

HONK! Suddenly Rashad looked up and saw that he was walking in the cross walk of a street and almost got hit by a car. He hurried across the street and waited for his heart to stop beating. He looked around and realized that he was near the Cinema Café in Kemps Ville. 'How did I get here?' He thought to himself as he looked at his cell phone, and almost dropped it when he saw what time it was. The clock on his phone read 5:15 pm. 'This can't be right.'

He looked around, and realized that he still felt like walking, and he wasn't hungry. He decided to walk back to his trailer. Once again as he walked, his mind wandered. When he came back to reality he was sitting outside of his trailer on his porch. He checked the time and saw that it was 7:00 pm. 'This day is getting weirder and weirder' he thought to himself.

He went into his trailer and sat on the broken couch and turned his Xbox 360 on. He began playing NCAA Football 13. He was only half paying attention to the game as he thought back on himself walking today. He couldn't figure out how he had made it there and back in less than 4 hours, that's not something he should be able to do at his current weight level. Yet, somehow, he had. He tried to tune his thoughts out as he played the game, but there was a nagging feeling in the pit of his stomach that wouldn't go away.

He played a few games of football, and then put in Mass Effect 3 and zoned out on the multiplayer game. He was able to tune out the persistent thoughts that plagued him. He received a text message at some point from Sean. It read 'How u doing?" Rashad thought for a moment and then replied, "I am fine."

Sean replied with a 'Cool', and Rashad turned off his Xbox and began watching TV. The rest of the night went off fine, no other scary things happened, except Tracy asking Rashad why he wasn't wearing his glasses. He explained, and she said they would have to go to the eye doctors for her appointment and they could see what was going on with his eyes then. He said alright and after dinner, went to his office and played video poker with friends online.