New Life Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well here's my card," she said as she pushed two across the desk. "We'll see what we can do about getting you in my chair. See you in a couple weeks Neville. It was nice to finally meet you."

"Me, too right?" was Gianni pleading addition but all she did was laugh and shake her head as she went back to work. "She wants me," he said once we got to the street and all I could do was shake my head. "What, she gave me her number."

"She gave it to me too dumbass," I said showing him my card before I slipped it into my wallet. "Look man I don't need you fucking up me and Breeze's good thing with your cock bud."

"Aww come on big fella I'm a changed man," he said jokingly but I sensed a bit of sincerity in his jest. "But real talk she did an awesome job. I know somebody's getting his dick wet tonight..."

"Stop it," I told him with a shove and he stumbled away from me. "And for your information, I ain't need a haircut for that," I said and he made a face.

"Aight man TMI," he said shaking his head and I laughed.

"You started it."

"Yeah and you finished it so let's just leave it there," he said with a smirking shake of his head.

We walked a couple more blocks in silence mostly before we turned into a tailor shop. Gianni said because of my size it would be best to get measured before I bought anything, and since I'd never done it before I didn't dispute it. When he asked one of the guys working if "Carmine" was around, I didn't expect his brother to come strolling out from behind a curtain. We'd never met but they were almost carbon copies. Same hieght, same swarthy complexion, same wiry build. The only difference was Carmine was clean shaven and had brown eyes. I imagined there weren't any tattoos under his tailored blue shirt and black vest, or pierced nipples. Even their way of speaking was similar, they made the same gestures and it wasn't long before they drifted into their first language as I stood back waiting to be introduced. They talked a few minutes before Carmine even noticed me standing there and smiled.

"Who's your friend," he said with a nod at me and Gianni looked over like he forgot I was there. "New boo?" He asked teasingly and Gianni gagged.

"Eww bro..."

"Like you never thought about it," I said with sucked teeth and they both laughed.

"That's not the point and that was like forever ago...anyway Carmine this is my buddy Neville. He needs help getting some new duds."

"So I see," Carmine said with an appraising look but he wasn't being a jerk about it, even though Gianni gave his chest a little backhanded slap. "Well Neville let's get you measured up and see what we can do for you today."

Carmine was all business as he took my measurements, ignoring Gianni's teasing and generally distracting behavior. After a while I got a feel for the dynamics of their relationship. Typical big brother/little brother stuff and it seemed that the traumas of the past had been forgotten between them. I could hear Carmine giving him familial updates as I tried on anything they brought me, even stuff I wouldn't pick on my own. I'm not a flashy guy and I could tell who brought what by how close it was to my simple style. I ended up getting a few pairs of pants and a couple shirts. Carmine was nice enough to give me the family discount saying, "Anybody who willingly hangs out with him must be blood." He also wrote down my measurements for me and promised to tailor anything I brought in personally.

We went to lunch after that, a little cafe we'd been to before. Gianni went to school with the owner and he came out to chat a little while we ate. He'd sent food to the hospital a few times while I was out and I thanked him profusely for it. He accepted but said it was a small gesture that any decent person would extend. I told him there weren't that many decent people in the world. He left us but the serious tone he brought to the table stayed. Gianni seemed a little down, like he had something to say but couldn't, which was unnerving because he never had a problem saying anything.

"Yo when's the last time you talked to Colin," he asked finally and I furrowed my brow, thinking. It had been a while.

"He came to see me a few time while I was in the hospital and I called him once or twice since I've been home but no reponse. Why what's up?"

"He's not doing too good with the whole being out thing. Those fuckers he lived with kicked him out so he's back at his parents. Ty offered him your room but he didn't take it. You know how he is about handouts. He's in a bad way, and I'm not saying it's your fault or even that you have anything to do with it, but I think he might think that now that you and Breeze are together..."

"Like I think he was just a piece of ass or something. That's bullshit bud," I said a little too loud but I was pissed that anybody would assume that of me.

"I know, I know big fella that's not you but he don't know you like I do," Gianni said with a hand on my arm. "And he's not the type to ask either. He knows you're happy and that's pretty much all that matters to him. He don't want to do anything to change that. Probably why he's not calling you back."

"I don't like that."

"I know that's why I'm breaking guy code to tell you," he said with a chuckle and I smirked a little. "You think Breeze would have a problem with him?" That made me laugh.

"Only if he couldn't watch," I said and it took him a minute but he picked up what I was putting down.

"Really?"

"Let's just say that Red helped Breeze see the light," I said with a wink.

"Well shit if it's like that then there's only one thing to do about it now."

"He-Den," I said with my half-empty glass of iced tea raised.

"He-Den," he replied as he clinked.

"What you doing tonight bud," I asked him and he smiled. I checked the time on my phone and he snorted.

"How long before you gotta pick up the missus," he asked with a smirk.

"You know he'd have you swallowing teeth he heard you say that," I said and he rolled his eyes. "He's gonna call when he's ready."

"So we got time for shoes then," he asked with a glance down at my boots. They weren't the ones I wore to work but they were still construction boots. Both he and Breeze always had something to say about them but they don't know how hard is for someone to find fashionable 15 ½s. "I see that look on your face big fella but I know just the place for you."

I had my doubts but I shrugged my shoulders and paid our tab. Of course he fought me on it but I'm bigger so I won. It took a few blocks but I noticed we were backtracking towards my car and before I knew it we were passing Brion's gym and heading into the sneaker store a few doors down. When we went in, I was surprised to find a guy my size working behind the counter. That was nearly unheard of for me in less the store had "big" or "tall" in it's name. And there weren't just shoes on the walls, there were racks of casual clothes, hats, belts, and it all seemed larger than a 2x. I guess I should have taken a closer look at the sign outside. It did say "Big Body Apparel" but I assumed it was just a name. He was ringing up a couple girls and gave us a nod as he finished up with them. As they left he came around the counter and gave Gianni dap before he turned to me.

"Damn bro I ain't been eye to eye with nobody since I stopped playing ball," he said to me as he stuck out his hand which I took to be pulled into the familiar half hug that men do. "G brought you to the right place my friend."

"I been by here a few times but never came inside," I said already looking around. "My partner works at the gym in the high rise..."

"Hard body Black dude...light skin, goatee," he said and I smirked a little. "Damn and here I thought I ain't have a chance. I see him running every now and then...shoulda took a chance huh G."

"Woulda been a waste bro. That's Nev's boo from way back."

"He's gonna kick ya ass when he see you bud," I told Gianni and he waved me away.

"We shot a fair one once already. Ain't no thang."

"Hey man I ain't mean no disrespect or nothing..."

"Chill bud, you good" I said, swatting away his apology. "I know what he look like."

"Yeah I'm sure you do," Big Body said with a far off look, like he was imagining it for himself. "Anyway now that I'm thoroughly jealous, let's get you hooked up shall we."

Big Body, or Craig as I prefered to call him, was a godsend. Aside from body size, we shared similar stories. We were both collegiate level athletes who lived very closeted lives before bad decisions forced us to get real about who we are. My bad decisions lead me to prison, his sent him to rehab where he made a few other tough life choices. Turned out he really didn't like playing basketball, it was just something to do to win his parents approval. Lucky for him, he didn't really need to do anything but be happy so when he got out and expressed an interest in fashion they didn't think twice about sending him to art school. When he was done and came to them with his idea of opening a store for the dapper man of a certain size, they invested heavily in his dream. In a college town that touted nationally ranked football and basketball teams, there was no shortage of clientele and within a year he was able to payback his parents.

With all the trying on, talking, and joking I lost complete track of time until my phone rang in the fitting room. I cursed when I realized I hadn't put it on silent and D'Angelo started playing. With my pants in a knot on the floor, it took two rounds of the chorus for "Untitled" before I got it out to answer it.

"Wassup Breeze," I said a little breathless, shaking my head as the two clowns on the other side of the curtain sang along. "You ready?"

"Uhhh...yeah...why you sound like that," he asked, his tone more concerned than accusatory, either way it made me smile.

"I'm at that store down from your place trying on shit..."

"I told you to change that ringtone bruh," he said laughing and I rolled my eyes. "Tell the Italian stallion he ain't the only one with the magic stick."

"I'll do no such thing."

"Man, you ain't no fun," he said with sucked teeth. "And stop rolling your eyes, I'll be there in a sec."

Not two minutes later I heard the door buzz and Gianni yell, "The champ is here." A little joke about their first encounter that had yet to get old. There were slapped hands and introductions made as I got dressed and gathered up the armload of swag I planned to purchase. But when I got out to the register Brion was already standing there, tapping his card on the glass. I shook my head and he gave me his back.

"Well shit let me toss a couple things on that pile," Gianni said from behind me and Brion flipped him the bird. "If that's what it takes bro you know I'm down. I'm not above doing something strange."

"It wouldn't be that strange," Craig said and Gianni shot him a look. "I know you ain't cover up that tat bro."

"Wait, wait, wait," I said, waving my hands back and forth. I'd always wondered and I'd asked about it but never gotten a straight answer. "You're the BB on his ass?"

"In the flesh," he said with a blown kiss at Gianni as he rang up my stuff.

"Oh yeah, well you better watch your back Breeze...and your front for that matter. You got a secret admirer..."

"Really bro I thought we was boys," Craig said and Brion took a comically large step away from the counter. "I catch you running every now and then but I'm kinda shy you know and I kinda figured you for straight so I kinda just watched you float by every now and then..."

"I'm handsome I know," Brion said with that cocky grin of his and a pat to his arm to cut off his rambling. Craig's face had turned beet red beneath his light brown beard and sweat had started to bead on his neck. If he lifted his arms I was sure he probably had pit stains. "Shoulda took a chance bruh," he added with a wink.

"Aight that's enough of that," I said as I grabbed the bags in one hand and slipped my other around Brion's shoulders, steering him towards the door. "Keep your ogling at a distance bud," I said to Craig over my shoulder and he chuckled a little.

"I can do that," he said with a salute and I noticed the way his eyes shifted down to Brion's ass. I let that one slide, I'm sure it wasn't the first time.

It was dark by the time we finally made it outside and I was feeling pretty good about the day I had, even better about what the night might promise. I knew Breeze had to be at his gym in the afternoon but that never stopped him from partying the night before. We hadn't been out since I came home and I thought we both needed to do something more than watch ESPN in our underwear on a Friday night. Don't get me wrong, I loved the normal but we're too young to be so settled.

"You know Dezy said we need to get out some," Brion said as he slipped his arms around my waist. His chin on my chest, he looked up at me and smirked at my furrowed brow. "My therapist," he said, answering the question on my face. "Said going back to work is just the first step of getting through all this and I think I agree with him. So what's say me, you, and that asshole in there go get in some trouble like before."

"We were just talking about that actually," I said after a quick kiss to his forehead. A group of guys caught us as they passed and one of them mumbled something like "Get a room fags," but before either of us could say anything one of his buddies gave him a kick in the ass and told him to grow up. But the best part was Brion's reaction, or better yet, lack of one all together. Something like that would have enraged him and I would have been breaking up a fight but all he did was laugh and turn his attention back to me. The therapy was helping him through more than what happened and I was glad for it. "We was thinking about making a trip to the club..."

"The club huh," he said with a raised eyebrow and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Yeah bro," Gianni said as he lit a cigarette. "I already got a car so we can do it up old school."

"We ain't known each other long enough to do anything "old school"," Brion said with air quotes around the last. He was right of course but it never felt that way.

"Aww come on Breeze don't be a Debbie Downer...save that for the big fella later on tonight," Gianni said with a wink at me and I stepped out of the line of fire. "I'm saying why not solidify what we got going on here by going back to where it all started," he explained as he threw an arm around us both. Brion shook him off though and rolled his eye.

"Well we missing someone ain't we," Breeze said with a wink at me and I smiled a little. "I mean if we gonna kick it old school. Right?"

"That's what's up bro," Gianni shouted with a fist pump before he jostled Breeze about the shoulders. "Wanna pregame at my place?"

"Nope come to ours. It needs breaking in," Brion said and narrowed his eyes at him, squashing any dirty comeback and Gianni raised his hands in mock defense.

"Aight I'll call and change the pick up spot but I'm not staying over..."

"Who invited you," I said and Gianni pretended to be hurt. "I love you bud but I know you don't wanna hear what we got going on these days."

"Good point," he said. There was more, I could tell but he kept it to himself. "Aight I'll bring some food. Call Colin."

"As soon as I get to the crib," I told him and he shook his head. "Now?"

"I'm sure he's just getting home, don't give him a chance to get settled or make other plans."

He had a point so I did as he told me as we parted ways. It rang twice before it went to voicemail so I knew he'd forwarded the call. I didn't leave a message, instead sent a text before I called back. He picked up on the first ring.

"I'm not avoiding you I swear," he said with a nervous laugh.

"You on speaker...I'm driving."

"Not alone then huh," he said, sounding a little disappointed and I laughed.

"I could plug my ears if you want," Breeze said making Colin laugh for real and I liked that.

"You don't have to. I'll be respectful, I promise," he said quietly and I heard him moving around in the background.

"Fuck that bruh be real...you miss him," he said and I nearly swerved off the road. All he did was wink and pat my thigh. There was a long silence and I swear I thought he might hang up. But he didn't, we could hear his breath through my speakers.

"Yes," he said eventually. It came out in a whisper and then there was more breathing. "So much," he added with a little more conviction.

"Then come out with us tonight," Breeze said, taking over the entire conversation. "Let me work," he mouthed to me and I shook my head. "I mean if you don't have anything better to do. Me, Nev, and Gianni was just gonna have a couple drinks at our place then make a trip up to He-Den if you're interested. Nothing big."

"I don't know," he said after another long pause and I started to speak but Brion put his hand over my mouth. "Don't you think that might be a little weird...seeing as...well...the last time..."

"Yeah I was an ass last time so let me make it up to you. I wanted to before but everything happened so fast, I never really got the chance. And I never thanked you for speaking up for us. That took a lot of balls bruh, shaking your life up like that when you didn't really have to..."

"I needed too," Colin said and I could hear him choking back emotion. "Things might be a little shitty for me right now but I'm glad I did and you don't need to thank me."

"Then let me buy you a few drinks to help make things a little less shitty," Breeze said quickly as I pulled into the driveway but we didn't get out, waiting for Colin's response. "I think we all need a little less shitty in our lives these days, don't you think?"

A sniffling chuckle, then, "Yeah...alright I'm in! What time should I come by?"

"Whenever bruh, you remember the address?"

"Yup, now that I'm at my parent's I ride past your street everyday. I'm literally two streets over..."

"Then why the hell haven't you been by," I said, not meaning to be so gruff but they both laughed.

"Didn't know how welcomed I'd be...since you guys...you know..."

"Fuck that bruh," Brion said almost as intense as I had but Colin still laughed. "Bring your welcomed ass over anytime."

"Alright, alright. Lemme get showered up and stuff I'll be over in a few."

"Good shit bruh, see you then," Breeze said before he hit the end button on the console without letting me say a word. Just as I was about to open my mouth to tell him about himself, he shoved his tongue in and I lost my train of thought. That cocky grin was on his face when he pulled away and I couldn't say he didn't deserve to be wearing it. "I ain't mean to hijack that but I think he needs this like we do."

"You been talking to Gianni, too?" I asked as we got out of the car.

"No but I can only imagine how he's doing. Granted his situation might have been a little less...intense but he carried it around with him for a lot longer. I wasn't bullshitting about anything I said to him. That wasn't game," he said as we made it into the house and I tossed my bags on the floor by the door. Brion gave me a look and I sucked my teeth. He folded his arms across his chest and I rolled my eyes. "Please," he said, almost pleading and I folded, took the bags to the bedroom and he continued speaking like it was nothing. What he told Colin might have been sincere but what he did to me was game.

"I been doing a lot of thinking about us and how we ended up here. He played a bigger role in us than I think either of us realize. My memory might be a little fuzzy but yall wanted to take me home but he insisted that you take me back...that I needed to be watched. What if you did bring me back here and that crazy fucker got in..."

"I wouldn't have left you here alone Brion. You gotta know better than that," I told him as I worked my new clothes on to hangers and he undressed. I was not at all distracted by his bare skin in boxer briefs, or his manly scent in the air.