Night Games Pt. 02

Story Info
Meet the crew.
3.9k words
4.71
3.8k
2
0

Part 2 of the 22 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 01/29/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Coolin' on the corner on a hot summer's day.

Just me and my posse and M.C.A.

A lot of BEER, a lot of GIRLS, and a lot of CURSIN'!

Twenty-two automatic on my person."

-Beastie Boys, "The New Style"

*

The cruise ship moored at the San Finzione Docks. Greeters stood at the bottom of the gangplank to welcome new arrivals to the country. People in the crowd beyond looked for passengers disembarking from the ship. In the midst of the tourists and travelers, Morris Sinclair descended the gangplank and entered San Finzione.

Some distance away, on the other side of San Finzione's border with neighboring Svenborgia, a man dressed as a German hiker walked along until he found a quiet spot where no one was around to see him cross over. He changed clothes and stuffed the lederhosen and alpine hat into his backpack before proceeding into Wine Country on his way to the city. True to his name, Gordon Walker walked into San Finzione.

Spencer Malone arrived via commercial flight. He stopped to admire the giant picture of Contessa Helena de San Finzione welcoming visitors to Augustus de San Finzione International Airport before proceeding to get his bags and rental car. At a nearby bus depot, Oscar Dodge stepped off the bus with a large valise in hand. The depot was convenient to the train station, where Tracy Baker stepped off the platform. Franz Hauber arrived by private yacht and Alice Mei drove a rental car over the border.

One by one, they arrived at their motels near the airport. None of the establishments were owned by Società Finzione, the government of San Finzione's corporation, which had been a deliberate choice on Ms. Baker's part when making the arrangements. Once they'd checked into their rooms, the group convened in the lounge on Hauber's yacht.

"You seem nervous." Oscar told Morris, propping his feet up on a coffee table. Morris sat on a couch and smoked. "I thought you were fearless."

"When it comes to the job, I am." Sinclair replied. "But this place? Do you know who the queen of this country is?"

"A total babe." Said Spencer, emerging from the bathroom. "Why, Morris? You believe the things they say about her online? Criminals really ARE a cowardly, superstitious lot, ain't they?"

"From what I've heard," Gordon Walker said, popping open a beer from behind the bar. "No man's ever crossed her and survived."

"That's because it's not a job for a man." A British woman's voice said from the doorway. Everyone turned and watched the shadow of Tracy Baker enter the room. "And she's a Contessa, not a queen. It's good to see everyone again."

There was a light round of applause when she entered. Walker hoisted his beer to her.

"Thank you, thank you. I just had the idea, though. The Eye of Andalusia was all of you working together."

"That's why we all keep coming back, Boss Lady." Morris told her. "You get the best ideas."

"Try giving us a challenge sometime, fraulein." Hauber said, pouring himself a scotch.

Walker turned to look to him.

"Oh yeah, Franz. I've got your lederhosen in my bag. Thanks again."

"Well, Gentlemen. And Alice." Tracy told the assembled team. "That's what we've come to this country for. Not Franz's lederhosen, we've got another target here that's the real prize. But an offer came to me for a rush job that's too good to pass up."

"How rush?" Sinclair asked.

"Tonight." Tracy replied. "So, we'd better get down to business." Everyone groaned. A pillow from the couch was jokingly thrown at her. "I know, I know. We just got here and it's last minute, but the client is offering top dollar for this one; it's worth the short notice."

"Rush jobs are how mistakes get made." Oscar Dodge pointed out. Tracy walked over to him and put her hand on his shoulder.

"It's a golden opportunity. Right now, the target isn't locked up in some vault. It's in a safe in a secure hotel suite with a couple of armed guards; nothing Gordon can't handle. For the next few days, it's at its most vulnerable. And the client wants it as soon as possible. Tonight is possible for a group that brings everything to the table that we do." She turned to face each occupant of the room and address them.

"Hacker," she said, pointing to Spencer. "Cat burglar." She pointed to Morris, who saluted with his cigarette. Tracy turned to Alice. "Engineering and chemistry." Alice smiled. She moved on to Franz, who raised his glass to her. "Face man." Tracy looked over to Walker. "Weapons and driving." She then completed her circuit of the room and rested her hand on Dodge's shoulder again. "Disguise and forgery. And Idea Woman. We can do this."

"I came on foot. I only brought what I could conceal." Walker spoke up. "If we're going to need anything serious, I'll have to obtain it locally."

"I'll take care of any of that." She said with a smile. "Spencer, if you could dim the lights and start the presentation, we should get to business."

The Texan agreed and hit the switch. He walked over to a laptop that was plugged into a giant-screen TV. A few keystrokes, and graphics filled the screen. Walker leaned over to him.

"PowerPoint?" He murmured.

"You know how she works. I only found out what's on her mind right before boarding my flight. Had to rush the presentation part."

The graphics were wiped away to be replaced by an image of a 60-carat pink diamond pendant. A couple of low whistles came from the audience.

"The Star of Uongo." Tracy explained. "Believe it or not, the country wasn't always like it is today. Before a string of dictatorships, there'd been a royal family. And a few national treasures survived the various regimes. This one is going to be formally presented to La Contessa at a ceremony sometime this week. Except it's not, because we're going to steal it!"

"How much is that thing worth?" Alice asked.

"To the client? Thirty million." Tracy answered. "That's the number that matters." She let that sink in for a moment. "The location..." She waited while Spencer clicked and the next image loaded on the screen. "The Hotel de Riviera de San Finzione. La Familia de San Finzione's first establishment, and the jewel in the crown of Società Finzione's international hospitality empire. Over to you, Spencer."

Tracy sat down and let Spencer bring up the schematics of the building that he was able to locate.

"Being a historical site, the plans were online. Società Finzione owns hundreds of hotels around the world, so there's no uniform design. All of their biggest, most luxurious locations, though, have one thing in common." Spencer zoomed in on the penthouse. "The most expensive room in the joint: The La Contessa Suite. Designed to La Contessa's personal specifications. Luxury and convenience for the traveling world leader, CEO, or in La Contessa's case, both."

Franz spoke up.

"I've stayed in a couple of them. Very nice."

Morris acknowledged that.

"I'll want whatever details you can give me." He turned to face Spencer. "I trust there's a room safe?"

"There is. Top of the line. No cameras in the suite itself, but looking at the movements going in and out, two guards are kept in the room, presumably watching the safe while the stone's in it. They're likely packing."

Tracy stood up and looked at the floorplan on the screen.

"So, we'll need Gordon to take care of the guards and Morris to handle the safe. How do we get them in?"

"I've been looking at that." Spencer told them as he brought up plans of the suite from other hotels. "Access to that floor is either via the stairs or elevator. There's a private express with a voice and handprint lock, so that's out. Both of those means of entrance are heavily guarded. But looking at La Contessa suites from other hotels, I've noticed something that I'd appreciate Alice's opinion on."

She got up and the men on the couch moved so she could sit next to the laptop. Malone continued.

"Now, the suite has access to the rooftop helipad via the express elevator. Another common feature I found. But I also took note of this."

He brought up the rooftop camera and scanned the roof and empty helipad. Spencer pointed out a rooftop access.

"That door leads to the stairwell. Now, look at this."

The camera continued panning until it revealed a second roof access.

"Second stairwell." Alice commented.

"That's what I thought, too. Renovations have been made, but this is a historical building. It predates a few fire codes. It doesn't have a second stairwell."

"So, what's in that fake stairwell?" She asked.

"That's what I was hoping you could tell me. As I said, I looked at a few of their other hotels, and only ones with La Contessa suites have that phony roof access on them.

Alice studied it for a moment. Finally, she spoke.

"Then the important question is 'What's below it?' Show me the suite again."

Spencer clicked back a few images in his presentation until it was on the screen.

"A walk-in closet off the master bedroom."

Franz spoke up again.

"There are many security features in the suite itself. I'll try to remember them for you, Morris. But the master bedroom locks down into a panic room at the guest's request."

Alice studied the plan for another moment, then laughed. Everyone turned to her.

"She's no engineer." Alice pointed out. "And she doesn't have confidence in her own panic room. There's an escape hatch to the roof in that closet. It probably opens from inside the room."

"She's about my height." Tracy said. "So, a ladder or some stairs probably drop down. And she keeps as much of her life as private as someone can with her job. The world doesn't even know who the father of her children is. Someone that secretive would come and go that way, it probably opens from both sides. Think you can figure it out in six hours?"

"Absolutely." Alice replied with a smile.

Oscar spoke up next.

"You say La Contessa designed this room herself?"

"Yes." Morris interjected. "And I'd like to take a moment to address that. You all know why you don't hear a lot of stories about jobs people have pulled in San Finzione, right? Because the woman who sits on the throne of this place is a fucking master criminal herself! I mean, she stole this whole fucking country! Whatever you come up with, Tracy, she's probably already thought of it."

Franz spoke up next.

"I must admit to some trepidation myself, fraulein. Even if I believed the things they say about La Contessa, do you know who else is in this country?" He paused to make sure he had the room's attention. "Luc Allaine. You know, a man who can ID every one of us."

Silence fell for a moment. Everyone was familiar with the Interpol detective one way or another. Tracy finally broke it.

"And therein lies that challenge, everyone! As I say, this job is just something that came across my desk while I was planning the more important score. You see, the Star of Uongo is where we make our money on this trip. That, I'm so confident we can do that we're going tonight." She stood in front of the TV and looked over the group. "And when that's done, we can take that money and go our separate ways if that's what you want. This'll pay enough to keep you all in the lap of luxury for a couple of years; or a couple of months in your case, Franz. I'll have thought up a new, safer score by then."

The German nodded. He knew what she was doing. Tracy continued.

"Or we can stay and accomplish the impossible. You see, I believe in this team. And I know we can pull off a heist that Morris is already thinking can't be done. That's what I have in mind. Pulling off a job right under the nose of 'the world's greatest criminal.'" She turned to Franz again. "And getting one over on 'Interpol's top man' just adds to the fun! Spencer, next slide, please."

Spencer advanced the presentation. The floorplans of the hotel were replaced by the image of a fortress standing atop the tallest hill in the country.

"People. We're going to do this job. And then, we're breaking into Castle Finzione."

* * *

Contessa Helena de San Finzione and Troy Equals sat in her study. Helen watched the news. Next to her, Troy read a book about the African diamond industry.

"Anything helpful?" She asked him. He looked up from the book at her.

"Plenty on the history of it and the horrible things the colonials did in search of them." He set it down on the coffee table in front of them. "Nothing about starting a national diamond industry, but it's been done before." He asked the next question casually. "So, what do you want for your birthday?"

Helen snuggled in closer.

"You already gave it to me right before dinner."

"I'm pretty sure Julie and Susan are planning to give you something similar." Her response to that was to look down at his crotch.

"Then I look forward to getting all my presents at once." She scooted over a little bit before lighting a cigarette and turning back toward the news. The reporter was talking about the theft of the Eye of Andalusia from a museum in New York two days ago. "I could've done that job. Much easier."

"I'd imagine it's pretty easy when you can just walk in and command them to give it to you."

"I wouldn't resort to that! I'd steal it honestly and properly like a good criminal!"

"Mmm." Troy mmm-ed. "I suppose you'd go in through the ceiling on a wire and backflip your way through laser grids to it."

"You just want to see me in a black catsuit, don't you? I have one, you know."

"Save that for MY birthday." He told her. "So, it's almost tomorrow. What've you got planned."

Helen took a drag while she thought.

"Faraji comes back and I conduct a proper tour of the castle and the business wing for him. That's going to take most of the day. Then the San Finzione Orchestra is giving a command performance in the ballroom. So, I'll be close by all day. Just busy."

"It's telling that you're not planning to use Rita for any of that." He replied, picking up his book. "You really care about this, Helen."

Rita Delvecchio was the star of a sketch comedy show in San Finzione that often made fun of politics and world events. She also did a killer impression of Contessa Helena de San Finzione and looked just enough like her in the right wig and makeup that Helen sometimes hired Rita to appear at events she didn't want to go to.

"San Finzione's invested a lot in Uongo. The kind of investments you don't make to see returns on. Your payment is seeing the people happy and free. Vincenzo showed me that. If it turns out they can't make a go of it on their own, I'll work with them to negotiate a better deal than the Devil's Bargain that Balozi's ready to accept. This isn't some Great White Savior thing, Troy. This is about what you and Propappou always tried to teach me: doing the right thing because it's just fucking human."

"And you know we'll do anything to help." Troy thought for a moment. "Why aren't the President and his people staying here in the castle? You've got room for them, and Hospitality is a primary virtue in San Finzione."

"The same reason Mander got a little place in the city for when he comes to do his lines for Mander Force. He didn't want to impose and pushing for it would've been embarrassing. He's in town recording now, actually."

"He's coming to the party, then?"

"Oh, yes."

"He's not in charge of the entertainment, is he?"

"No. I might put him in charge of the music, though."

"Just as long as he's not in charge of the entertainment. If I'm going to spend the night listening to the tunes of the British Invasion, I don't want to have to build a patio or something."

"You two might have some time to hang out. He's avoiding the Uongoian delegation for obvious reasons. Mander Force didn't test well there."

"Trouble waiting to happen." Troy sang, setting the book down again.

"Troilus." Helen giggled. "It's late, and you know what happens when you sing Warren Zevon to me."

"Yes, I do. Send lawyers, guns, and money."

Helen scooted closer and pinned him to the couch. Their tongues danced for a while. When Helen came up for air, she turned her head toward the secret passage that led from the Study to La Contessa's bedroom.

"Wanna go see if Jeanne made the bed again?" She asked him.

Troy's response was to smack her on the ass. Helen giggled again.

"Get the catsuit."

* * *

Morris hoisted himself onto the roof of the Hotel de Riviera de San Finzione. A few seconds later, Gordon followed. Both were clad in black and wore ski masks. They sprinted to an unilluminated corner of the helipad.

"Time for you to do something about that camera." Morris told Spencer through the earbud.

"Good thing I wanted until you were on the roof to start." Spencer replied. He tapped a few keystrokes. "You've got twenty minutes."

The cameras on the rooftop started playing a loop of an empty helipad. Morris and Gordon crossed the pad quickly.

"Nobody told me we'd be climbing." Gordon grumbled.

"That's why we call it 'last-minute.'" Tracy's voice came over the comms. "Uongo and San Finzione are in the same time zone; most everyone should be asleep by now. Helmet-cam on."

Gordon flipped a switch on the helmet he wore. Morris approached the false stairwell, producing his lockpicks. He tried the door first, then went to work with the picks. A few moments passed and the door opened.

They peered into a tiny room. Walker stepped in and found the mechanism for the escape hatch quickly.

"Ok," Alice said, observing over the cam. "Guess the stairwell was supposed to be enough to fool people. There should be a lever on the side facing the wall."

Gordon felt along the side until he found it. A good pull caused the hatch to open and the ladder to descend. The two men quietly entered the suite.

When they got to the door of the walk-in closet, Morris produced an under-door camera and snaked the fiber-optic cord through the crack. He moved the camera around and surveyed the room. He spotted Balozi Faraji sleeping on the bed. Using hand signals, he conveyed to Gordon that the room was clear, but stealth was still called for. Morris carefully opened the closet door, closed it behind them, and the two men crept across the room from one door to the other.

Another inspection with the camera revealed the lights in the suite to be on. More cautious patience with the knob and the door cracked open, causing light to creep into the room. Careful not to get the light on Faraji's face, they proceeded into the suite to the top of the stairs that descended into the central room. Looking down the stairs into the open area, they spotted the two armed guards flanking the room safe. Gordon signaled for Morris to wait, reached up and turned off his helmet-cam, and produced two collapsible metal batons.

"Gordon, why'd you turn your camera off?" Tracy asked.

"Because you're not gonna wanna see this." He responded, bypassing the stairs and leaping over the railing, landing silently on the carpet below. He crouched behind a couch and approached them from behind.

Walker stepped out from behind the couch, bringing one of his batons down on the head of the man closest to him. The second guard turned, reaching for his gun, in time to see the other baton before it whacked him in the face. He went down clutching his nose. Gordon cracked him on the head with the other baton, then gave them both a couple more whacks to make sure they were unconscious. He signaled for Morris to proceed, and he came down the stairs and went to work on the safe.

"That was quick." Morris told him, running a fingerprint scanner over the safe's keypad. He looked over at his partner. "You look disappointed."

"I know quiet was what we want, but I was hoping for more of a fight."

"Who knows how long we'll be here. You might get your chance."

"That's one thing I'm looking forward to. The chance to take on an Ultimado."

12