All Comments on 'No Greater Love'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 183 Comments (Page 2)
flareb2343flareb2343over 3 years ago
RESPECT

have the great respect for those that have served . they do it for all of us back home and for the man and on their left and right. they are their brothers in arms.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 Stars

This Story is in My Top 10 on this Site .. 90% of all serviceman are good people . But that other 10 % are not anyone you want to Know or trust .. I Loved My fellow Soldiers in My Platoon . They always had My Six , Just like I had their Six . And Yes I cried when I had time thinking about them and their loss . The True Heroes are The Ones that Never made it back .

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another great story

Loved the story and the whole series. Love how you are pulling characters from various stories into each other. Keep up the great story telling. Thank-you

brian_scooby

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

Wow, what a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nam Vet

Thank You so much for writing about our vets in such a loving way. Having personally experienced much of what you wrote about. I can personally say “Thank You for your service”. And for the memorial to all soldiers and sailors who did not make it back.

Ugh 1 Vet

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
WTF

I did enjoy the story until you killed the wronged party and hero, after that it was just fucked up. For the most part you did a good job of portraying military life though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Well written.

PdgriggsPdgriggsabout 3 years ago

Thank-you for writing this excellent story. You give honor to all of us who served. Please keep writing these great stories!!! 5 Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

All Vets and active duty know this " All gave Some Some gave All" Yes we all gave and are still giving. we all came home in War or Peace service our country with losses and pain and many of us still can not talk about it except to a buddy that when through it together. the loss the betrail of loved ones still huts and in our memory's day in and day out. I would say the Captain was not thinking of family or lass just the men he served with, He want to protect them from harms way and to be able to return home to there loved one, we are all brothers & sisters. there is nothing different between us we all bleed "RED" and die the same.

Thank you SaddleTramp for another great story and for telling it the way it is, was ,will be for all that serve this Great Nation Oorah to all God Bless America and Her fighting Forces.

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336about 3 years ago

Thank You Saddletramp thank you very much. As I write this a flood of memories come back to me of Marines I have known from a time I try to forget but never can. There is only one thing I can say after reading your story and that is please do not ever stop writing. We need to be reminded every now and then of who we are and who we were. Oh and one more thing "Semper Fi."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The entire storyline is a mess. As soon as Mike had video evidence of an affair between his wife and his commanding General, all Mike had to do was pass the evidence to the JAG Commander and other Generals up the line as well as leak it to news outlets. That would have resulted in the General being dishonorably discharged.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Really ?

You didn't make mike after enough so you had to kill him ?

WTF

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wow. Having been in a command position for some years myself, you learn that there are those at the top that are rotten to the core. They can also be very hard to bring down. I think the Captain handled himself very well in a very difficult situation. Please remember everyone it's a story so take it as such.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Yes, I know this is a work of fiction but, Rest In Peace Captain, Rest in Peace.

Ocker53Ocker53almost 3 years ago

She fucked nearly 500 men on a cruise, give me a fucking break!⭐️⭐️

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

What a great story, to bad it ended with our hero's death. Well done 5 stars

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 2 years ago

Great story

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

froggytreefroggytreeover 2 years ago

When Taps is played at a military funeral, that's a very powerful thing. You feel that in your soul when they present the flag to a loved one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pretty nice story. Right up until the phone call from dead Mike to his cheating skank of a wife. That little bit of supernatural hocus pocus bullshit ruined it for me. If I wanted to read about phone calls from the dead I’d be reading the sci-fi/fantasy section. I don’t, so I don’t. Two stars. And two stars off for the phone call from hell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cheesy as shit. Funny, even the guy's wife got sick of hearing how awesome he was, this story is virtue porn!

I did like the brother calling the wife and pretending to be Mike... Or maybe it was the dad? He did say he had connections...

pummel187pummel187over 2 years ago

.... WTF. Please men and women of the United States DO NOT join the military! I have nothing but respect for those who have fought and died for their fellow comrades, but THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA military does not protect freedoms or to keep "America safe"... we are owned and operated by the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, lets hear what Abraham Lincoln said:

"this war (the war between the States) would have never been possible without the sinister influence of the JESUITS, we owe it to popery that we now see our land reddened with the blood of it's noblest sons, though there were great differences of opinion between the North and South on the issue of slavery, neither Jeff Davis or any of the leading men of the South would have dare fired upon the North, if it were not for the promise of the JESUITS of arms and money from France and Rome if they (the South) would but attack us"

quote from ---- Abraham Lincoln ---- found in the book:

"The Suppressed Truth about the Assassination of Abraham Lincoln"

by: Burke McCarty

Bob80paBob80paover 2 years ago
NITWIT

pummel187 is a certifiable cowardly nitwit! God Bless the USA and our military!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pummel187 is a whiny little b***h not fit to clean latrines for the serving members of our forces, or for the veterans who remember and live by the oath they swore.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent! Thank you.....

greasedsilvergreasedsilverabout 2 years ago

From a combat veteran to Saddletramp1956... you brought so many emotions out from my memory that I had to write you a note thanking you for your story. Let those that complain about content, or sentence structure, or even mystical phone calls realize your intention to awaken emotions in those of us that could relate to the situations presented, even if in portions. This story hit very close to home with me and I appreciate the release it gave me, for what that is worth. Keep on writing, please. You reach more than you know.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

As a man who has sounded Taps at more than a thousand funerals for servicemen, this one really touched home. I've known a good many of them, respected them all for their honor, courage, and sacrifice. This story captures the essence of their existence in a way few can understand who have never been there. Well done....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

My Father 1told Me many years ago that the saddest song ever played is Taps . Respect to all Vets who have fought for this country . Sadly I can only give this Story 5 Stars . RESPECT

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 2 years ago

It’s amazing how many times you kill the good guy and leave the whore untouched

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I grew up in a Military family. I can honestly say That I hate Taps. Every time I hear it, I know a good man or women has died. . Having been a Sargeant in the Army I have had seen too many people I have served with get the dear John Letter and 2 Ladies . John 15:13 is my favorite passage in the bible . Yes I would like to think that I would have done the same as Mike . But I am sad that I lost more men to IED's and RPG's . Yes I still stay in touch with as Many of my men as i can .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The "fictitious" unit you made up exist, The 75th Infantry regiment (ranger) and its 3 battalions perform the exact type of mission you created. You do them a great disservice. The SF are not the only elite army unit.

MasterKoteMasterKotealmost 2 years ago

Pretty good story but the end ruined it for me. She should've burn in hell and not of added that call from beyond the grave

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I never provide a "5 star" vote (or rarely). THIS is one exception!

Smokepole

rruymannrruymannover 1 year ago

Lynette and Masters got off easy!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A fascinating, complex story. I don't often finish reading with tears in my eyes and hatred in my heart, but here we are. A spell-binding story.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99over 1 year ago

My one question is this, Why was the General given access to a firearm?

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Very

A very good story.

GeorgeGaleGeorgeGaleover 1 year ago

Different from most of your 'burn the bitch' stories. Surprised the the husband forgave his wife and wanted to be with her in the 'afterlife'. Also, surprised that you killed off the husband in your story............():\

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is truly farcical writing masquerading as a tribute story with the audacity to trade on the fame and respect earned by true heroes of the United States with the sacrifice of their own blood. The plot holes are numerous and deep in this ill considered submission. No doubt the author, while obsessing over some MAGA conspiracy theory of white Christian victimization, had Lee Greenwood playing in the background on a loop as he wrote this deluded drivel.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
Farcical…

Alienation of affection suit? In the military? Not applicable, and completely unnecessary. A general officer having an affair with the wife of a junior officer would be court-martialed and bounced out of the military with a probable dishonorable discharge. Maybe even a prison term.

That behavior is so toxic to good order and discipline that the military absolutely cannot tolerate it in the least.

Please do at least SOME basic research before making a public fool of yourself in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hey ST

A bittersweet story and very well done. I love how you weave in the supernatural.

One thing though, senior officer screwing a Junior offices wife is a COURT MARTIAL offense. Could serve time in Levenworth and absolutely would get a BDC.

The military, for all its failings could not wink at that. Doing so wound undermine the ordered security of officers and enlisted. One charge? " Conduct unbecoming an Office". If serious enough it would by the offender a BDC at the least.

BabalooieBabalooieover 1 year ago

Another great job.

Norseman123Norseman123over 1 year ago

I'm seventy years old and have been there and done that, but this story still brought tears to my eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Damn man that was depressing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Uggh. Sorry but this was way too dark and revolting. On so many levels.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5 Stars on this one for sure .. I have read this story many times and it always brings tears to My eyes .. I hate the song Taps . Yes My Father is buries in a Military Cemetery .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sad, sad, truly very emotional for me. I did not expect that to happen. I immediately thought of all the members of my family that have passed away; my wife, my son, two of my brothers and very soon my sister. Tears fell as soon as he died and didn't stop throughout the ending.

However sad it was, I believe it was an exceptional story and dug deep into the reality of the futility of the wars in the middle east.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

WOW! Just WOW! DMW Spec-4 US ARMY.

BlueHemiBlueHemiabout 1 year ago

Brilliant story. Mike's death at the end, while tragic, was an unexpected twist. Very well written.

davezqdavezq12 months ago

"Is there such a thing as a quick game of Monopoly?" In my experience that answer would be No. :-)

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

An overwhelming different, albeit bitch/ bastard burning wring from this fine author, but with all due respect to the great men/ women (by inference, I believe) in the military. Of course, there's the grossly cheating spouse who's willingly seduced by this General who's not only after her, but getting her to become a huge slut on a "party" boat, which includes him being in bed with some terrorists.

>>> That they're found out along with pictures, etc. not only on the boat but upon departing, where the General threatens to kill hubby Mike was great; having a family that knows people is the key. However, there's probably all too many men & women in the service that don't have this benefit, & while it's not as extreme as in this story, the adultery, possible disrespect of their military spouses, & divorce comes without this extreme punishment.

>>> Lynette knew of Mike's need for serving afar, having worked for the General who at least helped make the orders, but still betrayed him in the worse way. And after having sex with multitudes of guys on the ship & being crowned Top Slut or whatever, she expects that Mike'll take her back, that they can reconcile? Especially after she disrespected both him & his family? Moronic comes to mind.

>>> I had to laugh at the question of a quick game of monopoly; there could be a quick game if you call 1-2 hours playing it quick! Haha

>>> In the end, Mike falling upon that grenade ending his life but saving those of his fellow soldiers showed the remarkable traits I believe & trust is within most of our soldiers. The service for him was written with sensitivity & love that you can almost forget who the author's writing this (somewhat a departure from the usual BTB stories he writes) & that this's mostly a story of great betrayal. And I admit that the writing moved me to tears. A fine. fine piece of writing. 5 stars. Bob

Tim_the_cajunTim_the_cajun11 months ago

Beautiful story. The emotions were brilliantly written. Another classic from saddletramp1956. Thanks.

Calico75Calico7511 months ago

Wow. Saddletramp, you must have been in a dark mood when you wrote this. Sad and moving, this story is wonderfully written. I don't think I have read all the connected stories, but this one seemed to stand alone effectively.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Sally the useless lawyer should be advising him whst to do......supposedly a shark lawyer, more like an ass lawyer!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Tramp writer had to go kill the MC....while the cheating assholes hang around.....another crap story, one too many, from this writer!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

"She was found two weeks later when base housing personnel entered the house to collect Mike's belongings.".......BULLSHIT MUCH !!! He went home to pack where he met her so how thr fuck where his things still therr

oldpantythiefoldpantythief10 months ago

Not sure if I know how to rate this story. I don't understand why the General put Lynette through all that on the ship? She was already cheating on Mike, why run up the score like that? Didn't seem to serve a purpose except to make her look as despicable as possible. The ending was rather lame IMHO, just because he's dead now he forgives Lynette? I think she's going a different direction than Mike is; he gave his life, she took her life, big difference. Not one of your better stories. Had a lot of good parts but then had a lot of bad parts too.

RodimusMikeRodimusMike10 months ago
Mike and Lynette.

The whole concept of Lynette being a Soldiers Wife to Mike is likely but highly unusual,for Lynette to start out as a Loving Wife,but then coerced and seduces by her Boss General Masters to get her to throw away her Marriage Vows and Commitment to Mike.

To get Lynette to go on a Sex Cruise where the General offered Lynette who willingly took drugs to up her Sex Drive by a thousand percent,so Lynette could become the "Creampie Gangbang Queen" by taking 450 cumshots in her mouth,pussy,and ass to become the Winner like it was a Badge Of Honor.

But Lynette regardless of being drugged or not made her feelings perfectly clear that Mike's Family were Trash in Lynette's eyes and insulted and degraded them openly when she told General Masters what she thought of all of them.

Then after the Cruise when Lynette was ecstatic to be the "Creampie Gangbang Queen" before she stepped off the gangplank she was Proud to have taken 450 cumshots from all those Men,but Lynette being Lynette in other words a Stupid Naive Cheating Whore thought all those Men were disease and STD free but surprise Lynette You Two-Faced Cheating Whore you ended up with probably every STD there is.

And for Lynette to come home and expect Mike to just overlook her blatant whoredom attitude after what she said about him and his family,really does show how stupid and naive Lynette is.And a special touch how no mention whatsoever of Lynette after Mike was killed.

Finally Lynette being the delusional bitch she was thinking she got a call or text from Mike that he forgives her and for her to come join him,and again her being insane to the max goes and swallows a bottle full of sleeping pills thinking she was gonna be reunited with the man she claimed to love,but alas Lynette was just plain batshit crazy and probably ended up in hell and fucking demons everyday for eternity where she fucking belongs.

RanDog025RanDog0259 months ago

Daaaaamn! I served and I don't care if those that give a shit read this. I saw a very fucked up Military due to the same ass hole Generals, State Dept. Morons and the CIA. Now it's even worse! How would you love to be in the SandBox returning fire3 with a transvestite cowering next to you or a Faggot Queer ass hole that only think about his next cornhoing? My records are sealed and no benefits. The only record I could get was my induction medical exam. I would never do it again because whether you know it or not, it isn't war, not unless Congress Declares it so. Fuckers!

RanDog025RanDog0259 months ago

Oh yeah, another 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The writing is definitely 5 star.

The creampie queen taking the easy way out and not suffering while watching Mike and his family be honored for his sacrifice. Her not being turned away at his funeral, not having to face the investigations into her and the general’s actions feels hallow.

The general was shown to be a coward on the battlefield so his suicide, while it cheats justice, is not a let down.

nixroxnixrox9 months ago

1 star - as you already know - I always give a single star rating when there is any violence.

There are so many ways to express your opinion about certain circumstances, but violence should never be your first go to. I am a military veteran and suffer with PTSD, plus a few other progressively worse ailments. I really abhor violence of any kind, because I have seen too much of it first hand.

Better luck with your next story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

@ RodimusMike: Interesting take on the story that Lynette imagined Mike calling her, forgiving her, asking her to join him, after he’s killed. I kinda thought it might be a demon from Hell calling her, enticing her to off herself, just so he could drag her down to his domain and torture her for eternity. It was a pleasant thought anyway.

And ‘nixrox’, you really ought to see someone about that PTSD. It may not be curable but it is treatable. I know from experience.

Another great one, ‘Tramp. Thanks.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Holy fuck, some of you guys in the comments are just vile, with how your hopes of punishment for her, even after death. I seriously hope none of you're different irl. (Yes, I realize this is fiction and I hope they do too.)

RePhilRePhil8 months ago

That didn’t read like a fictional piece. Very well done. You do take us readers on the most fascinating journeys

Calico75Calico757 months ago

Good story but I hate when the good guys die. Too sad.

photogman18photogman187 months ago

Great story. From a 27 year soldier, First Sergeat is 1SG and captain is CPT. Well written. Keep an eye on your timeline, Mike wouldn't be old enough to be an officer, much less a CPT and commander in SoF.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Literally every single story from this dude is rehashed macho Gary Stu bullshit with the exact same themes.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Thankyou.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

On page four. Your use of 1st Sgt. interferes with the flow of the story, especially when the 1st is super scripted. First sergeant would flow so much more smoothly. Even First Sgt. would work. Back to the story.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A story pretty well told, although there were readability issues. Four stars

Did have some major waterworks toward the end, though.maybe it was allergies?

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I wish it were possible to give more than 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I had tears in my eyes at the end. The ?"Bard" below, scores this story and misses the point. For those of us who been at the sharp end of the Stick the story of this soldier is a tribute to others like him, living and dead, and stories like this one should serve to remember and honor them.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It definitely was NOT the dead husband calling the slut, since the voice was inviting her to come join him. Where he is, she will NEVER be, from eternity to eternity, worlds without end!!!

ZK

Harvey8910Harvey89104 months ago

This was an incredibly moving story. Five stars, for sure. I loved it. This author never ceases to amaze me with his stories. Great job on this story!!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I am a 0 year vet and want you to know that your story brought tears to my eyes.

Lowrider2020Lowrider20203 months ago

Five stars, that's all that needs to be said.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The ending was moving. And the story was well written. But Lynette's descent into treachery is almost comical on its extent and depravity. Regardless of any drugs, she would have committed suicide long ago. 450? Please. Sure wasn't her first gangbang rodeo. Despite being her boss, she would have zero feeking fir David after first couple of incidents once the drugs wore off. He didn't try to blackmail her. And asshole still sent her husband into danger. She was a caricature of a person. The rest was well done. Could have had all of the story with the great ending without the crazed depravity. It added nothing to the story and actually undermined it. The idea she was distraught about being served after everything she had done comes off as ludicrous. No one compartmentalizes that level of depravity unless she was insane. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The mysterious postmortem call to the slut was left unexplained to the severe detriment of an otherwise good story. The author's decision to introduce the possibility a noble and principled man like Mike would want to spend eternity with someone who so throughly betrayed all he held dear makes a mockery of the values and traditions the author so shamelessly exploited in this submission.

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban3 months ago

I chalked up the phone call to Lynette from her dead husband as one of the side effects of the drugs she was on. That and a guilty conscience. Very well written. 5/5 BRB

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The phone call was definitely because of the drug. Earlier in the story they said side effects were hallucinations and some people killed themselves.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 2 months ago

Lost interest when you killed off Mike.

ImshakenImshakenabout 1 month ago

That was one awesome story. I'll definitely re-read this in the future. Thanks for sharing this

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...

SIMILAR Stories