All Comments on 'No Greater Love'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 183 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Maybe you outta take snugglebunny back to E&V

It ain't good.

PapaRomanticPapaRomanticalmost 5 years ago
Oh dear.....

I stopped as soon as I saw "Special Forces" in the pre-story notes. Not my cup of tea, but honestly it's getting to be that the Special Forces "heroes" are as numerous as the women getting zapped by the "Martian Slut Ray."

To be fair, I didn't rate it. I'll leave that task to somebody else.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow

What a great read brought tears to my eyes well done

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 5 years ago

well done. thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good story

Too bad you had to kill off the good guy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Tragic

But very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Why did the General get off so lightly.

FFS a traitor is a traitor.

It woul have been better if, when the General pulled the trigger, nothing happened. Then when the MP's arrived they found the General, with the pistol in his hand, crying like a baby. Then after beating him mercilessly (he is a traitor after all and is armed) they take him to the stockade to await trial.

Then after the trial, and being sentenced to death, every man in the Captains Company volunteers for the firing squad. The judge, in a rare example of common sense, decides lethal injection just does not gives justice and says death by firing squad.

Then, at the time of execution, every man on the firing squad misses the heart and gut shoots the General. The Officer who is tasked with the coup de grace finds his pistol malfunctions and he cannot finish the General off. The General dies in agony and just before his last breath he sees Lucifer laughing at him and beckoning him forward.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What a load of piss

No wonder the Useless States never win wars with amateur soldiers like that

penneydog55penneydog55almost 5 years ago
Sheeeyit Man

I thoroughly enjoyed the story up to when Mike threw himself on the IED. Thats when I was very disappointed.... Question?...Why didn't you have the Brigadier diving on the Grenade?.....Why kill off Mike and then Put in that His wife heard an Angel telling Her to commit suicide (Lets stop there!!!!..No angel tell a living to commit suicide) ...2.Stars.★★ WOOF

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitalmost 5 years ago
some inaccuracies and the cheating wife gets off too easily....

Letting that piece of crap BG get off as easy as suicide didn't fit, but there is no chance he would have stood trial no matter how bad his action. Officers never face the full price of their actions....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow

I assume the last Anon is busy learning Chinese so that he can fit in when the armed forces of the USA is defeated by the PRC. As the old expression said: "love it or leave it!"

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 5 years ago
Excellent story!

Excellent story! Despite a cheating bitch of a wife and a traitorous BG, he showed the quality of love for soldiers that should be emulated.

Thank you for honoring US Army Special Forces. I was Special Forces qualified in the 70s, served on an ODA in the 1970s and 80s, and even got to work at SOCCENT after 9-11-01, again, once again wearing the green beret. I retired in 2003.

As for Anonymous 06/21/19, you show a lot of courage, commenting anonymously. You have no honor, no pride, and certainly have no balls. F you and the horse you rode in on.

SaddleTramp1956, keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
To anon of 6/21/19

Spoken like a truly entitled liberal asshole. Just remember this, if a lot of truly good men and women had not given their lives, a true piece of worthless shit like you would not be able to say what you did without fear of prison or death!

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 5 years ago
To onymous06/21/19

Why did the General get off so lightly.

I think your method was good but what I think would have been better would be to keep him juiced up on Super-E and forced to watch porno's through 3-D goggles, 2036 Advanced Bose headphones and his hands bound so he couldn't touch himself, keeping him with a constant erection and no relief until his cock exploded. Then as they put his casket in the ground they could lay a sash across it with the wods "Winner of the largest cum of the century".

Great story Tramp.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Why kill the good guy?

He should have tossed the slime ball general on the grenade. And the wife got off easy taking the pills.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
It was good....

but that weird ending....with an afterlife and him forgiving her....

look, i'll be the first to admit a clean soul would eventually be able to forgive someone.

but to WANT them back? it's a foreign concept for me. i forgive those that betray me, it lightens everyone's soul. it makes sense. but i don't 'clean slate' people. that goes against memory, data, logic, emotional well-being. if there was a checklist.....it'd be infinitely full of reasons NOT to forget a betrayal.

no one can clean another's slate. their deeds are etched into the lives of others, good or bad. every choice impacts the next. if you give into this fantasy of clean slate, then literally everything else becomes pointless. actions don't have consequences. toxic emotions are the same as positive ones. promises only exist for the novelty of existing, and mean nothing. punishments are pointless.

i understand redemption. i don't understand blanket unconditional forgiveness. everything in life is conditional. for every action, there is a reaction.

i'm willing to believe in some type of afterlife. i'm willing to believe the wife hallucinated everything. but i can't believe he wanted her back.

eightytuneseightytunesalmost 5 years ago
An Honorable Soldier Died

This story is / was about bravery. To the author, great story. Tragic. Nice touch about Mike telling Lynette he is waiting for her. *9.5*.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Right away doubts creep in that we're writing what we know

Twenty-three years in the military and I've had to say it a zillion times to officers. So, I'll point out that the expression is "present OR accounted for." Meaning "they're here OR I know where they are." This one is second only to those who have some character say "over and out" to end a radio conversation.

And we're not saluting to avoid tipping off a sniper--yet we're standing in parade formation with the officers out in front? That's a neon sign.

And then I just couldn't help noticing all the little anomalies through the rest of the story.

clarkgarbleclarkgarblealmost 5 years ago
piled it on kinda thick, don't you think?

You left out the part about Lynette eating live babies she'd just cut from their mothers wombs (just because she can) and Mike ascending to heaven in the arms of Jesus while the angels sang hosannas.

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 5 years ago
Fairly Good

Not a bad tale. Liked the plot however the flow was a bit choppy.

We need to rememeber this was a story, fiction even. As such I do not expect factual accuracy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow.

I gave you a 5 because I can't give you more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Question

Is it possible that a BG would be in the field under the command of a Captain?

And it would have been nice, for Masters to fall on the grenade knowing he was doomed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow

They should have pushed the general on the IED. It would have been an appropriate ending for him.

Boyd Percy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Really contrived and contradictory, but I appreciate the effort.

So she went from loving loyal wife and mother, to arrogant promiscuous gang bang slut, because some blatant despicable asshole Treated Her Well? Did anyone get the license number of the flying saucer?

Then she goes from tepid bland concern for her husband being murdered, to committing suicide out of guilt and remorse?

Just too cartoonish and ridiculous for me. Glad the other Macky D chef's liked it. Your nothing burger tastes just like theirs, so it has to be good.

But at least you allow anonymous comments. If you actually have two testicles maybe you could donate one to King Bandor. But I doubt his body has a place to mount one. Yeah, just keep your two.

Hope the rest of the series goes well.

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 5 years ago
Depending on which sky friend you believe in

Her suicide is pretty much a straight trip to hell.

texxmantexxmanalmost 5 years ago
Uhhh a little too much?

Or a lot! Fun read though. But way over the top for me.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
Ok... With Some Silliness

1. The whole cruise ship tournament thing was absolutely absurd. You want her to look extra bad, use another instrument. The absurdity made it laughable, not to mention absolutely disgusting.

2. Lots of very selfish characters in this story. General Masters and Lynette are obvious. But Mike was extremely selfish too. Suicide when you have a close knit family is an extremely selfish act. To do it where they're the ones likely to find you is a whole another level of selfishness.

3. Just doesn't add up. Mike thought Lynette walked on water. His family thought she was absolutely fantastic. But then on video Lynette is talking shit about them, acting like she hates Mike and his family. Is she feeling guilty so justifying her faithlessness with making them the bad guys? Did she always feel that way about them, but hid it, and these seemingly intelligent people couldn't see it? I think an answer to that question would have been worthwhile, or at least a hint of an answer since we are not privy to a lot of information about Lynette.

@Anon, Mike wasn't really calling her from the Afterlife. Remember the drugs she took had the side effect of causing hallucinations. Her guilt, likely remorse, with the side effects of the drugs caused her to believe Mike was causing her.

Ok story. Would have given it a solid four if it wasn't for the tournament.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Shoulda

Great story. Remember folks, it's fiction. Too bad he couldn't have thrown the General on the grenade. Would have been a nice neat solution for the Army... No scandal. I know, the President didn't tell him to get rid of the sleaze bag.

Olddave1951 forgot his password.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
Excellent story! 5*****

I'm going to call it "improbable", but who cares. That was beautifully written and very powerful. Great job!

Impo_64Impo_64almost 5 years ago
A good story, but...

A very good story, but it's a little too dramatic and with some twilight zone events...However 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Ugh.

Please no more Green Berets, Navy Seals, Delta Force, French Foreign Legion, kung fu masters or anything of the like.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
More Stars

If there was a six, seven or ten stars, this Veteran would give them to you for this superb story.

jesemmojesemmoalmost 5 years ago
Good story but...

Maybe I'm naïve, but is it possible for a women to have been fucked 500 in such a short period of time and survive?

Second I doubt Mike contacted his wife after his death by the telephone. It doesn't work that way. The story was choppy, but interesting and I'm wondering why setting of the story is in 2036.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 5 years ago
Thanks ST, I enjoyed it. To the critics, yes it was OTT and unrealistic in places. Take it like a Western, not a documentary

I've known men dumb enough and shallow enough to do what this wife did.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Another dead solder .

What glory in death? . Weird ending a cheater wife forgiven from her dead husband asked to join him in death. Take the metal and shove it. You can’t bring back the dead.. I was a medic during the Vietnam war era . A war that never should have happen ,.as our politicians kill our young men for what . Just look what happen after Iraq . As bad as sadam Hassan what happen after was worse.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Yawn

Military shit is boring. Story was lame.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
To clarkgarble

Yes there were liberties taken in the story and I decided to check you out since you were so adamant about how the story was written. The statement said it all ... "This user does not have any submissions yet". Pussy.......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Put up or shut up!

You bunch of pussies! I take it you are too much a faggot/coward to respect the military! Well your comments show your true colors. Prissy fagot pink, just like our lying idiot in chief who is currently stinking up the white house!

Put that in your weed pipe and smoke it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
1 star

Wasted time stupid ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I am a die-hard BTB reader,

but I feel like I have been sniffing glue after that.

There is artistic license, then there is OTT, and then there is this story.

My apologies to the author, but just calling it as I see it.

chastenchastenalmost 5 years ago

I didn't particularly warm to this one. Mostly, it was because the affair was so over-the-top (that cruise contest...whoa!) and then the very strange ending: strange in both the paranormal aspect and in Mike's post mortem feelings for Lynette. Given how much contempt she expressed for him and his family, it was jarring to see him want to be with her.

As former military, I did notice a lot of the mistakes in that area that others have pointed out. They didn't particularly bother me; it's become normal. I did raise an eyebrow that providers are triangulating cell phones well over a hundred miles beyond the maximum reach of a cell tower but, oh well. On the other hand, to all those who say, "It's just fiction, facts don't matter": why can't fiction be factually accurate? It's more immersive which equals better story.

Anyway, not a bad concept but a thorough beta read might have helped this.

clarkgarbleclarkgarblealmost 5 years ago
to anonymous 6/22 re: re clarkgable

There sits another brave anon in the basement wearing the panties he filched from grandma's drawer, drinking lite beer one of the older kids bought for him and masturbating to Sports Illustrated. No...I dont mean the swimsuit issue.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylovealmost 5 years ago
Martian slut ray

Strikes again ...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
PennyDog

Why didn't the general jump on the grenade? The same reason General Eisenhower wasn't part of the amphibious landing at Normandy; it's not what generals do. They send others to put their lives in danger.

AileyInnAileyInnalmost 5 years ago
Great story...

And we realize it is a story published on an erotic literature website. That being said, people are supposed to be sneaky, fuck around, be deceitful, and disrespectful to their love interest(s). Usually there are those that are unwillingly shit on, victimized, and often conduct themselves morally and with great courage. This one checked all of those boxes...

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

The ending sucked ass! Mike should have pushed the general onto the grenade.

Lynette was also pretty ridiculous. She ignores her husband for 6 months, then gets gangbanged by hundreds of guys... and is in tears when he divorces her? What about only staying with him to get his money? From the way she was talking to David, she hated Mike's guts!

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Not that bad

Read the comments and I disagree with most. I Thought it was a pretty good story over all. There were over the top element, such as the orgy cruise and the tournament. Als, don't think POTUS is going to be on the radio with a company commander during a firefight. Last nitpick, any Army 1SGT that I've known would have tossed the BG on the grenade before the captain could move. Good story with a lot of heart. Thanks SaddleTramp.

GoesGruntGoesGruntalmost 5 years ago
Struck Out

While plenty of over the top tales are just fine, or even better than fine, this one missed the boat.

The significant failing is being too damn depressing. Nothing wrong with the occasional 'tear jerker,' but there wasn't a big enough connection to the characters here and there were too many unbelievable moments.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
Very nice indeed.

Quite the tale. Reading the comments I look what's posting. A few dickhead comments but those commenters don't write anyway, so fuck them. saddletramp1956, this is one of my favorites of yours. Very well written and compelling read. Battlefield stuff was played low key but was extremely effective. 5 stars. Thanks for sharing, great storytelling.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
@ Powerworders

"Should have thrown the general on the grenade"

When I got to that part I felt the same way. Mike was a soldier who had his head in the game and wasn't thinking of his marriage, he was thinking of his men.

Just guessing.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 5 years ago
Good read well written

Story got bogged at times, and not sure why you ended it like you did. It seemed overdone with no obvious purpose.

No revenge either as far as I could determine. He divorced her and they split the assets. Apart from burning her wedding dress and call her some bad names, that was all he did.

But for cheating wife story it was good, the rest was unnecessary except to pad it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
After reading this... I think...

GOT ending wasn’t that bad 🤔

bruce22bruce22almost 5 years ago
Not much enjoyment here

There was a constant repetition of phrases and ideas. This works well in songs especially with a large audience. The OTT's jarred me constantly. I guess that I am out of touch with the Modern World and its super heroes and villains.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Juvenile

and WAY over the top but still choked me up in spots. Enjoyed it!

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Anonymous load of piss

If they made this into a movie, you would be perfect for the part of General Masters.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 5 years ago

Yes, it's a story of fiction but usually there is a purpose to the story. The ending just lacked the good-guy wins - we like to see. But for me it went into Buck-Rogers stupid with the POTUS call.

I strongly agree with 26th; "any Army 1SGT that I've known would have tossed the BG on the grenade before the captain could move." And this would have been a more fitting ending.

But POTUS calling the Captain in the field in a firefight - NOT going to happen (or Obama would have had the SEAL Team stand-down before taking out OBL). The technology is here but - any top SOG General/Admiral would have never let the call go through during a fire fight (for unknown technical reasons of course). The arrest can come after the area is secure and NOT jeopardize the mission for a lame arrest that can take place any time later! The POTUS call went into NO F'ing-way killing all credibility of the story.

This writer must never have been in combat - and harbors a hidden need to kill off relevant military members. barely 3.6*

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754almost 5 years ago
Afghanistan is in Asia, not Africa

And, I found it hard to keep up with who was speaking. The formatting of this story could have been improved upon greatly. Always start a new paragraph when there is a change of who is speaking. Please close your quotation marks so we know when the character is no longer speaking.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
@SilverWolf

WTF are you smoking, asshole? Afghanistan isn't even mentioned in the story. Do you always insert words that aren't there?

I thoroughly enjoyed the story. Thanks for posting! 5 *

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxalmost 5 years ago
WOAH, WOW!!

Stellar read. Thanks

ttom76ttom76almost 5 years ago
UCMJ

5 pages for nothing. A simple call to your JAG office and hey, presto! The BG is toast! Adultery is a CRIMINAL offense in the Military. Even Gen. Petraeus got nailed, for an affair after he retired. (Generals are held accountable to the UCMJ for life. His pension was about $200k.) The recent update to the UCMJ now has stiffer penalties for the commanding officers "Those in a position of trust".

I personally couldn't serve (4F) but I assisted the 5th JAG via my cousin who was a JAG officer. He handled a number of such cases, often by having the offending party quietly retire. Here the BG did a double no-no, with another officer's wife. This one would go to trial.

I stopped reading after the 1st page and skimmed the rest. If i missed something that explained this, mea culpa.) That said, what BG or wife would be so stupid??? "Hey, I'm in Europe but the staff know and report that we both are on leave. I'm never home when I know you will be" Geez, way too many military personnel knew about it, someone would have reported it.

If you ever redo the story, rewrite the affair where she did everything but announce it. Give them a smidgen of intelligence to try to hide it.

Sorry for the negative response, obviously others didn't mind.

ttom

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Sucky ending just killing him off like that, the author obviously has no idea how to write a satisfying conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Nothing

Alll that build up and a flat ending. Not good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Enjoyed Story.....Needed a Better Ending

General got off much to easy. Like one writer said he should have been thrown on to the grenade.

Actually the Captain should have acted sooner over his wife's lack of response to his emails and mail. Obviously he knew that something wasn't right.

Enjoyed the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Made sad

I recently started stories from this group, normally I do avoid LW as most of those are crap, perversion, very weak husband out of those many acted as pimp and full of slutty whore wifes. Very low percentage with love and romance. For revenge wives became whore to punish husband or husband start to pimp to punish wives. In my short journey ( though I am following other types for long time ) in this type I found very few authors to care for building the story, love, romance and revenge as a true nature. The author of this story became one of my favorite for this type of stories. Few things of this story made me sad. Was it necessary to kill the husband ? Was waiting for justice but he can not able to enjoy that. Also the wife, was doing betray and whoring for long time and at last how it went? experiencing hallucinations of husband asking for joining at afterlife like romantic, devoted couple though she didn't has any feeling for him for long time. Not realistic at all. Anyway thank you for the story but ending made me sad and incomplete. But that how the life goes

RanDog025RanDog025almost 5 years ago
A GOOD 5 STAR STORY

BROUGHT BACK SOME HARD MEMORIES.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good men

Thanks for the story. SSG Jonathan J Armstrong was a man like that. His actions will never be in the public eye. He is why I and many others walk this Earth. No greater love. His memory will live in my heart as long as I live.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 4 years ago
Good storyline...

I’ve never served, but have great respect for our service men and women. It’s a travesty that more aren’t recognized for their service. One should not have to make the ultimate sacrifice for recognition. We also do a terrible job supporting them after separation from their service.

I enjoyed the story, up to the point where Mike died. From there it seemed rushed, and sanitized. Dying immediately after arresting his nemesis was a stretch. If he had to die, it could have been after his wife and Masters got their due. Also, suicide, IMO, was a cop-out for the cheater and the traitor. It would have made the story longer, but that would have been a good thing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
He still loved her ?

The story sound very female/ the love crap is pretty sickening , a hero that can't shed a fitly slut of the lowest type .. No hero in my book , wimp limp dick looser , and she must have thought the same thing ..

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
haha

too bad you can't even spell loser retread. Oorah

RodimusMikeRodimusMikeover 4 years ago
Did it really ring?

At the end when Lynette received a phone call from Mike from the great beyond did it really happen that Mike forgave Lynette and asked her to join him true?.I kinda want to believe it did,and as screwed up and insane as Lynette was just before she took her own life with those sleeping pills I feel she was just as clear headed and aware and realized the mistakes she made and to show her love for Mike she literally did join him.

Even tho Lynette was not mentioned after that at Mikes Funeral I think both Mike and Lynette were reunited in death,can it be said to commit suicide for many is any less virtuous as doing it for the one you love as Lynette did for Mike.That to me shows Lynette redeemed herself.

Now as for the storyline itself I absolutely hated this because the main characters died,albeit heroic and loving type deaths it made me so heartbroken and emotional I literally have a love/hate mindset about the end,so in closing instead of just five stars I raise it to ten stars,for overall plot I give 0 stars,but for the heroism and love shown I give 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Over the top

Wow really

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 4 years ago
4 stars

Interesting story. Being Ex Army myself I got in to it. BUT... some inconsistencies. No Captain would talk to a General the way the main character did. Its just not done. Even if the general was a sleazebag; which he was. Also the captain being military would have required some military legal consultations on his divorce. Not just a civilian lawyer, but in conjunction with.

And again, the go to bad people are... swingers. I was in the lifestyle and never ever met people like the ones on that cruise.

Your story was pretty much set with the wife cheating with a general that you didn't need to do the over the top swinger crap. If you research it, there have been army officers who have gotten caught using their tank to force sex out of subordinates. If you had left it at that, your story would have been better and more believable.

450 men? Seriously? You should have gone with 1000. Why stop there. Maybe a million...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Come on

Great story until you killed the protagonist then it sucked.

Come on, who kills off the hero in fiction?

012Say012Sayover 4 years ago
Great story

Truth told, a bit Shakespearean for me, but I like stories that don’t go where I think they should. The deaths provided a reconciliation possibility, for the victim wife that life would not have permitted.

RubyRedLipsRubyRedLipsover 4 years ago
Formulaic Drivel!

I stopped reading after I got to the part where the husband was coming home from a combat zone, and his wife responded that she wouldn't be available. Really?

I like a little human reality in the stories that I read, and this one loses sight of the human touch.

ashman48ashman48over 4 years ago
Five Stars and Tears

Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
VERY GOOD STORY BUT VERY FUCKED UP DETAILS

(((Fort Huachua)))

Fort Huachuca is the correct spelling..... I spent three months there in 1960. Very bright sun, hot as Hell and dry as a bone. Absolutely NOTHING for miles in any direction. (just Buzzards, Jack Rabbits, Skunks, Coyotes, snakes and soldiers wishing their mom's hadn't caught them so they could still be living at home and fucking their Jr. & Sr. high school sisters)

Mike’s parents were married in 2002… it’s 2019 so that makes Mike 17 yrs. old and he’s a CAPTAIN with combat command experience in the Army? That’s one hell of a stretch… even for fiction. To be a CAPTAIN, he’d have had to be 12 yrs old. when he joined.

Fucked up as it was, I still gave it 5 stars.

beanburner69beanburner69over 4 years ago
Taps

Anyone who has attended a military funeral knows the effect taps has. Another good story but at the same time very sad.

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
Good story

Saddletramp does some pretty good stories. This was a little over the top, but very entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
well written,

being a vet also , I can feel and understand what you write ,

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Good story, more than a little weepy at the end.

'Voices from the grave' - nice touch, liked it in a previous story of yours too.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoabout 4 years ago

simply the best story ever on literotica... the best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
One of a kind

Simply outstanding!! One of the very best,

arrowglassarrowglassabout 4 years ago
What an incredible story!

.....and what an ending!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

A good story and an emotional story. The only negative part was the wife's response when she confronted her husband. The whole story until her coming home to face her husband was dislike and contempt for appro 7 to 8 months of screwing the General.

groundrod52groundrod52about 4 years ago
Outstanding

Great story

Wookie007Wookie007about 4 years ago

emotional and gripping. One of the best stories I have ever read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Terrible ending, a lot of maudlin BS doesn't make up for Mike just being killed off.

Makes the whole story feel pointless.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Title, Perfect.

really liked and enjoyed story...so much so I cried.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
What bullshit!

Didn’t this author ever watch Band of Brothers series. Lieutenant Winters saw the potato masher which was thrown into the slip trench. He didn’t jump on it! Winters jumped out of the trench as he yelled at Joe to move away from it! Where do get the idea that solders WANT to die!. General Patton stated that in war you don’t die for your country! You make the other guy die for his country! You have been watching too many World War 2 phony movies!

gfrhgfrhalmost 4 years ago
Good emotional story.

I read some of the other comments. FYI people, having served myself, I personally know and know of several men that have sacrificed themselves to save their bother in arms. Those that don't believe it happens; either join up or eat shit and die.

Good story, it struck home for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great Story

The terrible insults of his wife and his final honorable commitment to his real family - those he served with. I’ve seen that commitment too many times in the past.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
THE CHEATING, ADULTERY AND DISRESPECT CONTINUES IN THE MILITARY WITH ALL DEPLOYMENTS

thats general knowledge in and out civilian, military or politics. Most times its human nature but the acts more or less criminal leads to stronger ties which changes of alliances, The family remains waiting behind. TK U MLJ LV NV

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobalmost 4 years ago
Great story

A great read. Thank you for this.

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 4 years ago
What a pussy...

Mike learns all of this about his wife and doesn't "know if they can still be friends"? Doesn't know "if he'll be able to forgive her"?

Of course he fucking doesn't want to be friends... of course he'll never forgive her...

She crushed him, made him suicidal, said awful things about his family... no way he calls her after his death and says "hey, come be with me."

He *might* have called and told her how sorry he is that she's such a disgusting human being.

And being even remotely polite to the general? I call foul on that...

Not to mention "house arrest"...??? How about a trip to Gitmo...? Or Leavenworth...? It was treason during war... pretty sure that trumps any rights to due process...

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 4 years ago
I never get the forgiveness thing

I was once told that, a husband should forgive the unforgivable. He need said that for the husband. So I would guess that the man is suppose to forgive any and everything a woman does.............NOPE, not happening

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Huedogg2 said it all

Done

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 3 years ago
Great...

The common greeting to vets is " Thank you for your service." When we came home from Viet Nam, we got spit on .Chants of baby burner, and murderer were common. A more appropriate greeting to all Vets is " WELCOME HOME. " In my opinion. 21 stars. I can count but they don't give the opportunity to give more. Welcome Home, Captain. The Bear approves.

The BEAR

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
Gotta Love It

For those commenters with excess pride in their math skills and rather poor reading comprehension:

The first sentence in the story goes, "June 3, 2036"

Yes, ST56 was OTT on his story. Otherwise, a nice little tragedy drama with a military theme. My interpretation of the posthumous phone call is back to the hallucinations attributed to those who suddenly withdraw from the Super-E drug. Lynnette followed the script given by the nurse mother and "aunt" regarding hallucinations and suicide. (another opportunity to exercise those comprehension skills.)

Thanks to ST56. Keep 'em comin'.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Lt56linebacker

Thank you for your comment. Those of us that served in country and came home were spit on and called baby killers and treated like we were scum. Lot of us did not want to be there but we did our duty.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...

SIMILAR Stories