All Comments on 'No More Februarys'

by SelfTherapy

Sort by:
  • 112 Comments (Page 2)
EastCoaster1EastCoaster13 months ago

Very dark and very different.

Well-written technically... but the Jim in all of FebSux was always concerned about his kids, and this is an absolute change of his character in what he did to them.

Three stars because of the damage to the kids being so unrealistic for the Jom character.

sdc97230sdc972303 months ago

Ended way too soon. The emphasis in FS followups in which Jim commits suicide need to be on aftermath, as Linda experiences the consequences of becoming infamous as the cheating wife who drove her innocent, faithful husband and father of their children to end his life. The condemnation of her parents, Jim's parents, their children, the tabloid front pages and True Crime TV spots about the new "black widow husband killer," etc.

LazyDiogenesLazyDiogenes3 months ago

Excellent premise and well-executed but damn, the ending.

26thNC26thNC3 months ago

Didn’t like it, even though well written. I can’t see even a broken man not insuring that at least Marc joined him in death.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

To all wimps who defend stories like this and then bitch like little old women with wet panties - we all realize that you find it hard to understand let alone emulate real men in your feminised lives but real men show self control above all else. So go ahead and lose your minds and bitch and moan like the little bitches you are

pummel187pummel1873 months ago

Anonymous commenters = ARE WIMPS

To Anonymous about 11 hours ago .... "real men show self control above all else" . Explain that to me please, I understand what self control is but I have witnessed a serial killer who has self control, a ruthless captain of Wall Street, a scumbag politician who possessed self control and countless other men who are NOT to high on the character chart 📈, yet I considered them real men....

Men who possess high moral characters is what my definition of a real man is.... self control is a piece of that character but. ....... be all end all????? na.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A cheating skank was divorced and the husband and kids moved on. 5*

James G 5James G 53 months ago

Realistic, but I agree with those who say it feels unfinished and a look at what happens to Linda and the kids would be better.

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker602 months ago

Quite a few men think in a sort of life mathematics. Note the comparison note to himself. The question is always the same, can I fix things and is it worth it. Looks like everything was coming up short and either unfixable, or not worth it. With his heart eviserated and his wife proving to be a worthless piece of shit, he no longer felt like continuing to live. Her betrayal made his life not worth living for him. I don’t know if he was right or wrong. We can dispute his decision to end his life. Ultimately these are questions we ALL have to answer. I don’t care for this dark and depressing story, but it was well written and it does show a pathway for too many people who have been betrayed and abandoned by the people who are supposed to love them the most. I blame FOMO.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Understand Jim all too well. Certainly that is all the need be said.

arsawyerarsawyer2 months ago

I thought that we were going to get some life lessons for Linda from the Uber driver, but the story instead went dark. Maybe this was a twilight zone reality where Linda was her own Uber driver and she could have been observing the morning that would change her life for the worse as she lost not only her husband but his financial support. No life insurance payments for sure.

LJ7352LJ735210 days ago

What a fucking cop out. Absolute waste of time.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSelfTherapy@SelfTherapy
I am a retired engineer who took as many writing courses in college as the engineering curriculum would allow. But for four decades my writing was entirely technical: presentations, reports, proposals and training for other engineers. Now that I’m retired I’m trying my hand ...

story TAGS