All Comments on 'No More Februarys'

by SelfTherapy

Sort by:
  • 111 Comments
Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed3 months ago

This version went where I was afraid it would, sadly. I hoped that the poor Uber driver would become the focus of Jim’s salvation from a horrible situation. There seemed to be a heck of a potential back there. Alas , it was not to be. 3 stars for a fair attempt.

DaddyWarBucksDaddyWarBucks3 months ago

What a sad story. One that I can relate to. Hate the pain, but have to respect the writing ability. I gave it a 5

jazzharpjazzharp3 months ago

Good, solid 4! Jim's problem-solving notes didn't contribute much value to your story. But this is one of the best follow-ups to this stupid trope.

truthandjustice99truthandjustice993 months ago

Coward took him own life no thought of other

SwordWielderSwordWielder3 months ago

Very good. I would like to see it finished. She may or may not go crazy and need to be committed. The grandparents or one of their brothers or sisters will probably have to raise their kids. No doubt everyone in both families will curse her; chances are she will attempt or succeed at suicide. Either way her kids will be screwed up for life.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Ouchies, would love to see the aftermath.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not sensible. But understandable.

Good story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Yep. Because even the toughest guy will let this option peek out from under a rock until sanity puts a size 12 boot on top of it and shoves it back into the mud.

PorterrhPorterrh3 months ago

Really liked the start - well written …. But hated the ending went for a 5 to a 2

MarmadukephuknukleMarmadukephuknukle3 months ago

Great ending to GA's classic. Surprise ending. Bravo. Five stars.

mndhanson017mndhanson0173 months ago

I wouldn't say this is the best follow up because there is no aftermath, which dulls everything, sure she finds him dead, then what?

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy0353 months ago

Good first story, lots of potential and nice to see a new slant on this classic.

114FSO114FSO3 months ago

Another GREAT Ending in a different direction. ENTITLED BITCH receives her JUST REWARDS. She still gets all the money, house, kids, bring in any boyfriend she wants, and no hassle of divorce. Even in death, Jim was still taking care of his family.

NoTalentHackNoTalentHack3 months ago

A very fine, very dark first effort.

MattblackUKMattblackUK3 months ago

A sad ending, but a logical one. Welcome back to the world of creative writing.

FaceForRadioFaceForRadio3 months ago

A 5 —- I don’t have the greatest imagination for visualizing stories I read, but this one is fixed in my noggin! Would have liked more on the Uber driver, n fact I thought that’s the direction the story was headed.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanm3 months ago

My guess is she won't ever live that fantasy again. I think being single like she wanted would be too much for Linda. Good story, but why have Jim kill himself.

darklogicdarklogic3 months ago

Linda deserves to endure the hell of finding Jim's corpse over and over again for the rest of eternity. She deserves the fate of outliving her children and lowering them into their graves, over and over again, until the end of time.

Everything less extreme than that is too good for her.

LWLover60LWLover603 months ago

Great first effort! Well written and dark; a realistic outcome.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now3 months ago

This one tugs at my heart. Well done. Good writing.

littleone35littleone353 months ago

so much pain, no way out

mathur_nkmathur_nk3 months ago
Why should he die?

What is his fault? Why should he die? Such a l9gical problem solver can never do that!!!

imhaplessimhapless3 months ago

The February Sucks stories need to die; but this was at least original.

demanderdemander3 months ago

This guy would never leave his kids to be raised by that slut. But, he had a pistol handy. He was depressed. He was stressed. He was drunk. And now he'd dead. If no pistol, no splatter. No death, probably. Just a spur of the moment thing. But so permanent. D

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice3 months ago

An original take. I would not like this as a standalone story, but given that the writer was trying to come up with something original, I do appreciate this quick story for coming up with some different.

Wavedave45Wavedave453 months ago

Just don't read the February Sucks stories if you don't like them. It's not like they trick you into reading them.

I like them because 99% of these stories are the same anyway. Especially the setups. Rarely is there important info in the setup. That's the beauty of these February stories, they cut straight to the action.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A new approach

Well written

Good effort all undone with a very dark ending

Black enough to make me regret reading it

Like the regret from having an affair

This story cannot be unread just as a unfaithful spouse cannot unscrew their affair partner

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Leave it at the 40 years of not writing. This has a good beginning, but where is the rest???

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I like the novelty, but the lack of follow-through after she makes the discovery means it only rates an average. If you'd gone for a full story instead of just half assing it, I'd have gone for a full 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is probably one of the more realistic versions for an ending of FebSucks stories, this is how things could actually happen in real life.

This does stand up on it's own, but a slight follow up with the aftermath could also be explored.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I vacillated between three stars and four. Frankly, it is a pretty good follow-up. Not a satisfactory ending, but clearly very possible. In his ramblings in his notes, he clearly saw no positive way forward. The Uber driver was a pretty good plot device.

I settled on Four stars.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Another extreme femdom menhater derivation from one of the worst fetish-cuck fantasy. This is even worst than the usual RAACs, this is a rare disgusting reversed BTB in which the cheated husband pays with his own life for the selfishness, narcissistic and immature behaviour of the cheater and betrayer whore wife. Probably one of the worst variant ever seen of the already awful Feb-suks plot.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good always let the cheater live a life in guilt

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well-written, but hate the suicide ending. It means Jim feels he has no other options, he feels pathetically weak and is unable to put the blame squarely on Linda, where it belongs. It does not fit the character of Jim, who would naturally be hurt but moreso enraged, just not at himself; plus, he would never damage his children like this. You points for creativity but IMHO you have seriously missed who Jim really is.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Public service announcement: to anyone wanting to do Feb Sux; GET HELP. You have unaddressed mental issues.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This story started out well because of the new perspective, then went down the tubes. Another cuck offs himself instead of his cheating cunt wife and Marc. *yawn*

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Dark, but a decent read. Not altogether implausible either. A betrayal of this magnitude could trigger it some folks, absolutely.

OlefishermanOlefisherman3 months ago

It's not red it's more of a brownish red with bits and pieces of carry though with it and of course the hole,the smell will greet you first. I won't go into that but any former medic,EMT,or Officer reading that cares to set any author straight about this type of suicide be my guest.

SelfTherapySelfTherapy3 months agoAuthor

Wow, the feedback so far has been more encouraging than I could possibly have hoped. And the things people don’t like bothered me a bit too. I nearly cut Jim’s List out entirely but I needed his anguish and he’s gone before my story starts.

The Uber driver started as simply transportation, then became an emotional counterpoint to Linda, then seriously threatened to hijack the story and throw Linda out in the street. If I figure out how to give her a happy ending I’ll definitely write her story. Despite this dark one I like happy, or at least satisfying endings.

Escape_WithinEscape_Within3 months ago

Good tale. From a technical stand point I had a concern with viewpoint. The thoughts of the uber driver (in my humble opinion) might have been presented as dialogue. The shift from the driver to LInda entering the house detracts by the shift in viewpoint or narrator. Other than that, full marks. If my wife had ever done this level of disrespect to me she would have found me hanging in the closet. (Personally acquainted with three successful individuals). Historians say Roman soldiers fell on their swords. Samurai had a ritual. Respect and dignity.

sf_operative63sf_operative633 months ago

Brutal but honest take...

.DOL

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

First effort? Wow. Please keep writing.

Frank66Frank663 months ago

Think 'Mattblack' nailed it- "A sad ending, but a logical one." Also, it was very original. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good writing, but so sad. And sadly a realistic possibility.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nope! Never kill yourself! If the situation is bad enough that someone deserves death over it, then make sure that the guilty person gets it!!!

ZK

funperson969funperson9693 months ago

Wow, just wow. I was waiting for an ending like this, but when it came, well done as it was, it hurt. Welcome to the ranks. A 5* thud.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

With out rereading original yet again. Don’t believe Jim had mental issues.

Vulcan logic does not seem logical.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well Jim the pussy sure showed her didn’t he? What a pathetic excuse for a story and you couldn’t even come up with an original idea. Since this is your first story please make it your last also.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

So, when a slut betrayer wife destroy her marriage and family, the cheated husband should kill himself ??? Really ? In real life these roles are usually reversed and to pay is the cheater, not the cheated.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good message to all the cheated husbands: kill yourselves and let the whore wife live the good life she deserve for her sluttishness. An extreme femdom anti-BTB tale asking for the "never touch the cheating wife" sacrament.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow. Unusual spin to an over worked story. Sad that Jim killed himself before taking care of yhe source of his pain and suffering. He should have gut shot Linda first and watched as she slowly died before killing himself. He let her win.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good follow up to what has become a very dreary series .

Well written and easy to follow . There was the expectation that something dramatic was about to happen.

I didn't expect that ending and didn't care for it , but it's not my story . I guess most of the possible endings must have been done by now , so that leaves suicide ?

If I was Jim I know I wouldn't kill myself over her . Killing her would be more likely .

DK . 4 *

Thanks for posting and allowing comments .

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Liked the Uber (?) driver insertion, gave an original element to something that has been done to death.

,

But the suicide at the end was really dumb. I'd take my kids and leave the country before I'd leave them in the slut's hands. Or shoot Mark and her and let the grandparents or the state take them. Anything but let them be raised by guaranteed filth.

.

Other than disagreeing with the plot -- would people really shoot themselves and leave the slut alive? -- the basic storytelling was good. Looking forward to your original stories.

JRandyJJRandyJ3 months ago

This sucks, Negative 5 stars

GreyMatter46GreyMatter463 months ago

Very probable outcome. thanks

SDN1955SDN19553 months ago

Most definitely a different take and an interesting one. Four stars for a good first story. I hated the ending, but that did not affect the score as I only base scores on the quality of the writing, and not on the outcomes. They’re your borrowed characters after all.

BehindbluisBehindbluis3 months ago

Seems to be a pretty good explanation of how people get to that situation, and once you cross the line and pull the trigger or empty the med bottle it's too late. Hate for things to happen that way but alcohol frequently speeds up that decision and the depression gives you the myopic view of despair and abandonment. Congratulations Linda, you succeeded to excess.

c24jc24j3 months ago

This ending is a very real possibility. Alcohol (and the inability to think clearly after trauma and alcohol) led to this tragic but realistic possibility. Yes NORMALLY he would have thought of the kids, NORMALLY he might have planned a future . . . but he LOVED and trusted her, and as such, was severely traumatized. If he'd somehow been able to give himself more time, he might well have come to the conclusions and/or taken the actions many wanted. Unfortunately, in a situation like this, that's not always possible.

.

Depending upon how much Linda actually loved him, this might indeed be the best, if most tragic revenge. Like in another recent version, she might have been traumatized enough to be left with no sex drive. Now she'd be raising the kids on her own, her husband physically gone, but an ever-present memory, a constant shame and sadness. Any good part of her and her kids life would be something she would regret not being able to share with him. In her mind, she would always remember this as her having gone crazy for a night, and then shooting dead the man she loved more than anything else . . . Linda's own feelings providing a true, complete, perhaps lifetime revenge upon herself.

.

This is a true tragedy. Well written, well done!

BlueFox007BlueFox0073 months ago

Wow. That was a surprise. Very original. And highly likely.

The whole thing is just so depressing. Thank you for sharing.

5*****

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This story offered an unconventional POV. Beginning with the Über driver and migrating over to Linda's stream of consciousness during her telephone conversation with Dee. Some people have become tired of the FebSucks sequels. From my perspective, I find it interesting that the sequels have progressively improved in the quality of the narratives and the writing. But, to each their own.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Death should never be part of the story. 0 stars

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban3 months ago

Yeah..... I thought the story was overall well written. A unique vision and setting - the Uber. But I absolutely hated the ending. Anyone who has read the original George Anderson story - and the many, many subsequent tales - knows that Jim was a very strong person. With the deep love he had for his children, parents, and in-laws he would never off himself. Adding my strong personal opinion that no woman on the face of the earth is ever worth dying over - I have to rate this a 2/5. BRB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Jim killed himself in other versions as well. Suicide over another person is a waste. No one is worth taking your own life. Jim was a coward and Linda a dirty slut.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x3 months ago

"We'll get through this together." - That's for when things happen TO you, not for when you're the cause.

\

"It's just me, the same old me...well, not exactly" - It's about time one of these Linda's realized that they're NOT the same.

\

So, then what?

\

I don't see it, not with children.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Stopped reading just hope you stop writing!

GardenshedGardenshed3 months ago

Well written, good story, drinking and guns don’t mix. Unfortunately Jim made a bad decision. The whole family destroyed.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Reality 55555+

nixroxnixrox3 months ago

1 star - because that is what I always give to writers who include any violence in LW stories.

However, you did pick one of the worst stories on this website to be your first rehash.

PLUS you needed to include more tags - ie: suicide, cuckold, cheating, slut - THEN my filters would have weeded this crap story out.

Please do not under any circumstance ever write another LW story even remotely like this one.

Humor always works better.

Hopefully, your next attempt is better.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good writing with a lousy ending.

16GaDouble16GaDouble3 months ago

Powerful ending. Sadly, once in a while it really ends like this. It really is no-win, only lose.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Sad, bit true. Lost my brother to something close to this kind of thing. The cheating bitch pushed him to his limit.

kirei8kirei83 months ago

Lucy's got a lot of 'splaining to do!

Schwanze1Schwanze13 months ago

Well that went to shit. Nothing wrong with your writing skills though.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Yes! Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Any husband who shoots himself because of a cheating wife is really not to smart. Jim what about the kids? She wins dumb guy, house, kids, life insurance and any salary due you. You should have stuck around if only for your kids and torture the cheater with no sex and her realizing Marc was the last dick , in more ways than one.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Excellent story- first story or not. Hope you keep writing. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I don't understand why so many readers have posted comments conveying an inability to understand Jim's suicide. While I don't necessarily agree with it it seems an entirely believable outcome for someone experiencing such a level of emotional trauma. I can't imagine anything that would make me off myself but we're not all wired the same way.

This is an excellent work and the lady cab driver is an inspired piece of casting.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I loved your original angle and your writing style… You are clearly so much more talented than 95% of the writers on this site. The ending was shocking and brilliant. NO MORE NEEDED TO BE SAID! I hope you write more 🙏

NickTeeNickTee3 months ago

Well writen. You clearly know what you're doing but I hated the story. Big strong Jim gets drunk like an out of control teenager and then commits suicide over his slut wife. It just doesn't ring true. Also I won't be the first to tell you that Feb Sux is not a well liked story because the author turned the MC into a complete wimp. Sadly it seems you did the same. On a positive note you know how to tell a story to the point where I'm jealous of your skills so please write another...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I started with such high hopes which were later bludgeoned to death by the wimpy suicide of what was always a strong man. I'm also sick of authors whose main characters crawl into bottles and self-harm. They certainly don't reflect real men. Lastly can we please put this shitty story to bed once and for all. The only reason it took on a life of its own was because GA went out of his way to deny Jim any justice and most authors who have followed have done the same. You too!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Thank you.

This was so well written and powerful.

I am looking forward to much more from such a talent.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

sad & dark

LoriRobinsonGaLoriRobinsonGa3 months ago

#123 FS sequel read. Definitely one of the darkest.

TexarManTexarMan3 months ago

It's a nightmare she will remember the rest of her life. Sad . All the stories I have Read most likely ending for someone who feels like he lost everything that mattered to him.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion3 months ago

Good story writing but too dark for my taste. I've known a couple friends from work that committed suicide. The act is thoughtless and makes no sense to me. All who are left behind suffer, the wife deserves to suffer but maybe not to that extent, but the kids will have to live with that horror for life. Suicide? Truely the coward's way out.

jbpeters74jbpeters743 months ago

The sad part is this happens because people just want the pain to stop. They can not think clearly and doubt everything in their life. So sad, but so possible.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Can't say I liked how it ended though plausible. Life can often be tragic, particularly poignant in this case since Luna really seems to understand how she's failed, as people do. Typically we have to deal with things as they are and move forward. There is no going back and in this case emphatically so.

Well done telling, in a fresh way, of a story many have had a go at. I look forward to more from this author hopefully.

RuttweilerRuttweiler3 months ago
A twist for your story...

How about something really clever? Instead of Jim blowing his brains out, we find out the Author of the story has blown his brains out, after finishing the story?

I'd give you five stars for that one...

Kernow2023Kernow20233 months ago

realistic ending to the story

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Resolution please. I think Jim killed himself, but you don't provide an answer.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I have lost 5 friends to suicide over the years and every one of them was over a relationship with a woman gone bad , apparently they felt checking out was their least painful choice . So your take on this overexposed story was very much in line with reality . A very well written and plausible conclusion . I certainly hope to see more of your stories in the near future , you certainly haven’t lost your touch for creative writing over the years . 5stars and a standing ovation !

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow. Really dark, but I kind of liked it for its bold outrageousness. Maximum damage to Linda. Damage she’ll never recover from. I believe in RAACs, but if you’re gonna ditch it, this gets er done.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

My only regret for this story is that it stirred up all the blow hands who feel the need to lecture us about what “real men,” would do. As if they’d have a clue. Here’s something for you blow bags to consider — real

Men don’t read LW stories and feel

The need to generate real life lecture series from the stories. They’re stories, not real life you morons.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Tastefully dark. Good writing talent. Thank you for an original twist on the baseline story.

Ed

drbenchpress66drbenchpress663 months ago

I feel like with these type of endings you either feel it or you don’t and this one didn’t really do it for me. But that might just be because of the original story. Like I’ve read too many sort of thing haha

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not an enjoyable story for me but well done on the excellent writing. Also please ignore comments from Nixrox and his ilk. They are very damaged souls.

bacchant2bacchant23 months ago

The wife wins out the day when the mc commits suicide. For me, not a satisfying way to finish a story especially as the children will suffer.

AccelarVesterAccelarVester3 months ago

Well written with an unique point of view. Didn't like the ending.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSelfTherapy@SelfTherapy
I am a retired engineer who took as many writing courses in college as the engineering curriculum would allow. But for four decades my writing was entirely technical: presentations, reports, proposals and training for other engineers. Now that I’m retired I’m trying my hand ...

story TAGS