All Comments on 'No Place to Go'

by NoTalentHack

Sort by:
  • 544 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A very well-written and thoughtful story. Unfortunately I hated it. No reflection on your skill as a writer.

Cringo31Cringo31over 1 year ago

It is said that good writers make you feel strong emotions and this story sure had that in abundance. I think the main character did find his peace but along with his hate and anger made him what he became. The question of having no where for your love or hate to go was thoughtful and well done. I do wonder though if the kids had not been his biologically would the story have gone differently.

Cringo31Cringo31over 1 year ago

It is said that good writers make you feel strong emotions and this story sure had that in abundance. I think the main character did find his peace but along with his hate and anger made him what he became. The question of having no where for your love or hate to go was thoughtful and well done. I do wonder though if the kids had not been his biologically would the story have gone differently.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Visiting Marcus in the cemetery was a masterstroke. It brought a 3 star yarn up to a 5 star. The letter to the grieving spouse is hardly a new device, and even though the writing quality was, as ever, at a high level, the story in itself came off as almost trite. The final tribute to Marcus, and retrospectively his actions and counsel were what really took this tale out of the ordinary. Wavering between a 4 and a 5 star rating, I finally chose the higher option. Thank you for the very literate body of work that you have treated us readers to and please continue to contribute to Lit. A selfish request to be sure, but then I don't pretend it to be otherwise, and I am sure a very large number of your readers feel the same way. Thank you again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Usually, in stories like these it's the wife herself pressuring the fellow to do things just the way she wants. Or a relative. Or the husband's boss who she'd been cheating with. She used a lawyer here to frame it so that he had no real options in a way that she could no longer do after her death But she was pretty sure that she would still be controlling Kurt's life when she was gone.

Personally, I think that it gave her comfort that the two younger children would benefit from their (possible) father's inheritance. At her death and in her mind, that was the reality for her.

She was even able to use the lawyer's own feelings to set him up to do what she wanted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Outstanding 5-star story. You're quickly becoming one of the best writers in the LW category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks for sharing...

A Very entertaining story, definitely one of your best! 5*

Thanks again.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 1 year ago

Wow! Excellent story. Sometimes we find out some really dark secrets about our partners after their death's, and it really does change our view of things. I'd also have to agree that holding onto hate is extremely self-destructive.

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

You should change your pen name. You have a lot of talent, and your writing is great. I normally don't like these post death confessions but this was really good and emotional. Well done.

RevlemmonRevlemmonover 1 year ago

Wow, just wow. That was a brutal read.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Wonderful story! I think the protagonist made the right decision in the end.

5

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Wonderful story! I think the protagonist made the right decision in the end.

5

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Wonderful story! I think the protagonist made the right decision in the end.

5

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedover 1 year ago

I gave this story a 5. That rating is because of the fact that it is well written and relatively unlike all but one or two stories I have read here. None of those covered the ground you did with the same detail, however. I hated the subject, as I believe some others will, because it touches some of us too closely. I can’t trash a story or low score it like some will. It is an area of concern for lots of dads these days, so it feels real and hurts accordingly. For me it was cathartic and I thank you for some insights it has in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the best stories I have ever read; on this site, it is THE best I have ever read. From the depths of my flawed soul, I thank you.

servant111servant111over 1 year ago

Yet another simply outstanding tale burnished to a high gloss by excellent authorship.

5 stars

management91399management91399over 1 year ago

Loved it, thank ghod you didn't opt for one of those smarmy afterlife epilogs because in the end all that awaits is the darkness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I've read stories on this site where the husband finds out about the wife's affair after she died. there was a multi-part story where a senior buries his wife and is cleaning out their house when he comes upon her diaries in the attic and it turns out she was the town bike for the whole of their marriage and some of their kids weren't his. That was somewhat entertaining but not at all realistic. THIS story drips with how I would react in that very same situation. It seemed caked in reality and I wondered if there is any RL in this story. If not, this is the best of the stories you've been posting. Well done!!! 5 stars.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 1 year ago

5 stars but godDAMN is he the whiniest bitch to have ever lived!

What she saw in him I’ll never know.

What you didn’t mention was that Lynn was lonely. Her husband was dedicated to his job and she became a single mom who was used as a booty call to sate his needs.

He sacrificed EVERYTHING for his career and she accepted it because she had to.

But he has the temerity, the audacity to lay the blame for her affair on her? Women don’t cheat because they want sex, they cheat because they want love.

And blaming the lawyer? That’s the grand strategy? Shooting the messenger?

Sorry, this was a great story but it is only a half truth and you only alluded to the whole truth.

She took all the blame and that was unfair because he had a hand in her affair when he neglected their family so he could be important at work.

I know this because the husband in your story was me. And while my wife hurt me deeply, she also pointed out that I left the marriage first by making my career the driving force in my life.

So next time, show us his warts. His failings because he’s not perfect and it’s unfair to give him a pass while excoriating her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good honest story well done not some of others on here

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 1 year ago

That was really good.

You certainly have talent.

WittonWittonover 1 year ago

The BTB crowd will be disappointed that the narrator admits that he still loves his first wife - not so much, maybe, but some. The BTBers will think of him as a wimp and pussy - I think of him as as decent man

HenwynHenwynover 1 year ago

You are poorly named. Five stars..

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

You tell the most intense damned stories. My God! But they are roller coaster rides.

The raw emotion tears at one.

You are an amazing storyteller, l dip my lid to you.

Even l hated Lynn, what a self serving, self entitled bitch she was.

Just as Kurt poured whiskey onto Deveraux’s grave in thanks, l would’ve pissed on hers on the anniversary of her death. Damn her eyes!!!!

Scores 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A little too long for what you achieved. But in all a good story and even a loving wife story of sorts.

other2other1other2other1over 1 year ago

Wow, another amazing story!

The emotions flowed up and down, positive and negative like the ocean on the beach. I felt the pain that the MC went through, wanted to rage at his wife for how she hurt him and drive him to believe the kids wasn't his. the Lawyer twist caught me too. very very well done!

Driven2ReadDriven2Readover 1 year ago

Damn -- if ever a pen name was a total miss it's yours.. Your already one of the best writers in LW Genre. I loved this 5* story - you took something so heinous and twisted a plot to save the MC (or co-MC as I thought Marcus was one too) .. but best of all - it was believable. You made me and a lot of others feel the story. That is A+ Talent in spades .... (sure that is a woke micro trigger word but I am an old guy)....

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cracking yarn. The author keeps hitting home runs.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 1 year ago

like the over all story. Its a comparison to Deyak's she chose me. But yours is better considering the kids where his and the wife was still the same kind of sorry slut that has no accountibilty for being the fouled whore she lived as.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There have been other stories of posthumous revelations, so the plot isn’t entirely original. That said, reading this story sure felt like a novel experience. NTH definitely has a talent for exploring emotions. The growing opus is a rich one to which I’ll return in the future, but the stories are so vivid that I’ll need to let them lie fallow. Seeing a new story from NTH provided a great start to my day. I eagerly await the next one.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

I am not reading this nonsense. It's ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a very good story thank you

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

Okay i can't let it go. On what God damned planet does a selfish bitch cheat on her husband and then torture him with a stupid fucking letter after she is dead? That would not be about love, it would be about selfish guilt. That bitch would be a coward; a cruel, narcissistic, selfish cunt. A letter. And this assclown thanks her because she picked a particular lawyer? How about keeping her fucking delusions to herself. She wanted to behave in a rotten, nasty, disrespectful and treacherous way but she just HAD to bare her soul like the fucking coward that she was in life by waiting until she DIDNT have to look her husband in the eye and admit she was a filthy tramp. Fuck that. Thanking her?

Normally I shake my head at Vandemonium's 4 pitchfork overkill stories. Today I have to read it just to cleanse myself of this saccharine bullshit

OnegoodeyeOnegoodeyeover 1 year ago

Fantastic well done thank you

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 1 year ago

A powerful and thought provoking piece of writing.

Mr. Author:

I have enjoyed all of your stories but, this was the best.

Congratulations.

CM

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WOW !

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

a good story but way to wordy - could have been a page shorter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well drafted. 5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Powerful piece, still leaves me uneasy that she didn't tell him when she was alive. She's a real piece of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Bullshit! Devereaux was definitely fucking Lynn. All of us black guys fuck all attractive white chicks, especially married and prone to cheating.

MissMudMissMudover 1 year ago

I think this is a very powerful, emotional, moving story. Don’t know if I could read it again. But sure glad I read it this time! Thanks.

parenthesisparenthesisover 1 year ago

Not fair. I come here for the sex and end up with the sad.

But excellent story, thanks for writing and sharing.

BigK10BigK10over 1 year ago

Excellent…just excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I still carry the hate after 14 years

numbnutz49numbnutz49over 1 year ago

Wow, the tears are still falling . . .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It is necessary to rain or appropriate the charitable foundation that remained after Jeremy's death. The order a tombstone for Lynn in the form of a huge vagina and with the words: "Here lies a cheating cunt."

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This was such a different story. At a couple of points, I had it as an “I Hated It Read ⭐.” Then other times, it was a “Good Read ⭐⭐⭐” that made it on pare with almost every story I read. Just a well written tale. Then as I progressed even more it would switch back and forth between all of the rating scale as I see them.

When I got to the end, I finally concluded that any tale/story that provoked that range of internal thought could only be an “Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐.”

Thanks for another wonderful read.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Was Deb's breathing on the phone too fast, her speech distant? As a trained husband, he now always calls his wife before returning home, so as not to find his new wife in a compromising situation. Well done, hubby!

Sloburn38Sloburn38over 1 year ago

You are a great writer, but, those are some fucked up people you write about. This story was a solid 5* but I don't think I would be friends with any of them.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 1 year ago

Thank you, Thank you. For sharing your talent on this free site. An excellent story. I could feel and also relate to Kurt's frustration. His feeling of helplessness at not having the opportunity to vent/rage against either his wife or her affair partner.

I also felt the same way after I found out, many months after I broke it off with my fiance (for her cheating) that it had been going on with multiple guys, and women, for the previous two years. Her shift work gave her the opportunity... and I never discovered them. After our breakup she moved to another country so I never could confront her. Her friends had known though... so I broke off with all them as well. Anyway, thanks again for a great story. Cheers.

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 1 year ago

I'm sorry but I didn't like this very much. Cheating wife throws a grenade into his life with no recourse. The rest is just bullshit. 2 stars

WaupacaWaupacaover 1 year ago

Not your best but still humming

SaltySurpriseSaltySurpriseover 1 year ago

Great story

I felt Rage then nearly had a tear in my eye at the end.

Great writing keep them coming

DARREN

Gram1Gram1over 1 year ago

Once again - thanks. Another wonderful-and-thought provoking story. I have no critique or literary criticism to offer, but if sharing a meaningful and affecting story was the aim - it's a hit.

tangledweedtangledweedover 1 year ago

I have read other stories where the illusion of a wife's faithful love is shattered after her death and have marveled at the concept of creating a burning desire for revenge against those beyond reach. The author had obviously given a lot of thought to this dilemma and came up with the appropriate phrasing used in the title. It makes for a agonizingly frustrating grind of emotions and a fairly deft touch from the writer to pull it off without making you punch some inanimate object. NoTalentHack managed to finesse this angle skillfully, because you were kept in the husband's head the whole time and could live through the differing emotions with him.

Well done.

KaeyoKaeyoover 1 year ago

What Lynn did was hurtful infidelity. The letter was just cheap and selfish justifications and psychobabble crap. What she did was evil, nothing but deception and lies.

Nicely written, lots of emotion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As usual, notalenthack, shows that he is not. Well done.

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasmover 1 year ago

Two things. First:

Why the fuck is everything sexist and patriarchal nowadays!? Men connect more with other men, and women connect more with other women. There is nothing weird or sexist about it, if a man mourns the loss of his only son more than he thinks he would mourn the loss of one of his daughters. It may not be fair to the other children, if a parent has favorites, but that's just how people work.

Second:

I usually enjoy your writing style, but this time, I found myself skipping over most of the story, wishing you'd get to the point. Somehow, this was just too much "talking around the bush". The whole setup of forcing the husband to go through a set of instructions before they would even answer his questions... honestly, I would've probably kicked the guy out of the house. Dong that to a grieving person is just plain stuipid, and bound to end in an emotional disaster.

jmmj5jmmj5over 1 year ago

Damn. That was a fine story.

One of the best. Really. I doubt it will get the scores it deserves because neither of the cheaters received any payback. During the first page I thought of how selfish she was to reveal this to him. By the end, I wonder if she could have had the testing done to spare him the pain. ...but then there would be no story.

It was so much more complex than the typical LW story (like one I'm working on) and so very well written, which is what makes this story superb. Thanks for sharing this.

amygdalaamygdalaover 1 year ago

Wow author where do you get the inspiration for these amazing tales 👏👏👏👏👏

DontPanic442DontPanic442over 1 year ago

Wow! Another great story from one of my favorite authors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was a remarkable story.,I don’t think I’ve anything like it. You did a wonderful job portraying the characters and their emotions. It captivated me, but I found it sad all the same.

francemanfrancemanover 1 year ago

Wow! Hard! Hard! a real dirty time bomb.

Personally, I find that you stopped at the best moment, that of the real reflection and resolution of this plot: How he solves this pain, this pain, this rage .....

There I just have the impression of a sword stroke, like a trailer.

Please submit the film to us now.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 1 year ago

5* work of beautiful art.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

My grandfather always said: Life is a fight. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. But the important thing is not the punch you give or that you receive, the important thing is how you act afterwards. This is where you show your true colors!

Your story shows us the punch he gets! One hell of a punch! worthy of Iron Mike.

But the real fight was next. It's a shame to have finished your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

While fictional, I've encountered similar stories in reality too many times. when i was younger i wanted marriage and children, but the idea of finding out the person i've dedicated (potentially) decades to had done something like this would kill me. 5 stars because i went a whole range emotion reading this. You did a good job soliciting said emotion.

woodwardwoodwardover 1 year ago

Wow! Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written and well thought out!, but something tells me this is true. I am glad the protagonist found peace,!!!

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63over 1 year ago

Nice story and idea. She is a cold blooded bitch. She did not have the guts to tell him while she was alive, so why tell him at all? It was NOT about the cancer risk, that could have easily been dealt with. What she wanted to do is clear her conscience. She us just a really horrible person. The us NO way you could love someone and do this to him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, what an evill, hateful, witch Lynn was, even in death.

SDN1955SDN1955over 1 year ago

Powerful story.

Personally, I would have had Lynn’s corpse exhumed and taken to the local landfill.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There was no reason the write the letter. If she was so concerned about the children she should have had then tested when she was alive. It would have saved her husband years of anguish and hate. She was a cruel bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sad. Thought provoking. But at the end, comforting. Well done. 5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Use the money to buy as much of Jeremy's art as possible. Then piss on it and burn it all. Erase his life as much as possible. The Wife ended up being nothing but a highly paid whore. A well written but not an enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You are the most talented writer on here. I hope you self publish your own stuff. I’d gladly buy it

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 1 year ago

This was Tim and Ellie and Derek (At the End of the Tour) all over again. Lynn used the same outrageous ‘heartfelt’ rationalizations and professions of love that Ellie and Derek used - but without allowing the opportunity for Kurt to exact his pound of flesh as Tim so thoroughly did. Unrequited hate - rage, as you so aptly wrote. The story left me frustratingly disquieted - until Marcus’ final confession/soliloquy, where he so eloquently described the suffering and torment that he caused his family and himself, and that Lynn, by confessing, must have taken to her grave. So powerful were his words that they saved Kurt from his own rage, saved his future life. Powerful and compelling piece of storytelling. Superb. Thanks very much.

WvrjjrWvrjjrover 1 year ago
5*.

Wow, you are some writer. 5*. But I HATED MANY PARTS of this story.

Gut wrenching, no win situation. Aaaaarrrrrggh!

Again very well done

tejmjm55tejmjm55over 1 year ago

I would of taken the money out of spiteif nothing else. Also ,he could not go after anybody,they were both dead..I like where you let the kids be his.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fine story and a most thought provoking context. Extreme negative emotions can do you great harm, especially over an extended period of time. Makes a lot of sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well developed story! Great plot and a good ending.

Bluehorse64Bluehorse64over 1 year ago

If I value one thing about a story, it is uniqueness. This was unique. A different take on an old theme.

Thank you for sharing your imagination with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I woul3 have gone to her grave and pissed on it once a month. Maybe change the tombstone to read "here lies a slut". That way people for hundreds of years would know the truth.

straightshooter1958straightshooter1958over 1 year ago

Well, that was quite a ride, for a No Talent Hack! Well Done!

ohioohioover 1 year ago

Wow. A great story--many original aspects, and incredibly powerful and compelling. Just beautifully done. You have written a number of great things, and this one is right up near the very top.

Thanks, ohio

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlungerover 1 year ago

Just ingenious, congratulations, I've said it before - you are very good. A very clever story, well told.

Appropriately I feel a degree of hatred to teh dead wife but also that she is partially redeemed by having sought out Marcus who despite his status as a cheater we can understand that cheaters are not necessarily despicable for the rest of time, redemption or at least a degree of it is always possible.

Great read, thank you.

bobareenobobareenoover 1 year ago

The author’s facility with the written word is a pleasure to experience. So many excellent phrases. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Plausible, still pretty deep. Stirs up emotions, while leaving them with no place to go!

shopratshopratover 1 year ago

Best take on the "letter after death" trope I've ever read. Great job, thank you.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 1 year ago

NTH writes a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Odd angle but a really good story.

BriteaseBriteaseover 1 year ago

You picked the wrong pen name.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Noon, the hatred would never go away. And with the DNA evidence of the affair, I would hire Marcus to go after Jeremy's estate for emotional distress. Even it just garnered shame on his family. I would only show up at the whores grave to occasionally piss on it. Perhapfrom time to time a pile of shit would be found on the tombstone it I was passing by and felt the need.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story true or not. Some personal experience there. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNoTalentHack@NoTalentHack
If you want to use one of my characters in your story or write an unofficial sequel or prequel or side story to one of my stories, please feel free to do so. I only ask a few things of you: 1. Credit me as the originator of the character/story. 2. DO NOT monetize it. This in...