No Strings Attached Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

But why, his mind screamed. Why would a woman like Alicia ever look at someone like him? That thought was better than an icy cold shower. It allowed him to step back, break the kiss, and take control.

"Why, Alicia?"

He studied her stunned features. She was breathing as erratically as he was. Those magnificent tits that he had held in the palms of his hand a moment before were heaving. Her lips were swollen. Her hair mussed, falling about her face in soft tendrils from the ponytail. He longed to touch it. To drew this woman back into his arms and never let her go. But...

"I won't be some pity fuck." The vitriol of his words shocked even him. And the look of pain that crossed her pretty face stung his soul. He wanted to reach for her, apologize, take the words back. But he could not. They were the truth. And he needed her to understand that.

He had survived his mother's social climbing, her constant diatribes reserved for her imperfect son. He had survived his wife's and best friend's betrayal. Hell, his body, if not his mind, had survived the blast that claimed six of his best men.

He could not marry her, sleep in the same bed with the woman he loved, night after night, and make love to her because she felt sorry for the poor scarred, lame Vet. He might not have much pride left. As much time as he has spent in those damned open-backed hospital gowns, his dignity was long since gone.

But he could not do what she asked. He could not live with her pity. He shook his head, "I'm sorry, Alicia. But there must be another way."


12