All Comments on 'No Strings Attached Ch. 07'

by Tara Cox

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
eightytuneseightytunesabout 4 years ago
The Mirror Smiles Back

Hope, that feeling, gives strength to carry on. THAT is what Jon now needs. Strength to get better in his mind, as his heart has gotten bigger. His little daughter needs her DADDY. She will have lots of questions, and Alicia and Jon have to be honest with her, and Hope, doesn't care what he looks like, because telling her how he got hurt will make it all more important for her, to tell everyone, her DADDY is a hero, A MARINE, who got hurt fighting as he protected her country. And Hope will stand up against anyone who says something bad about her DAD. (Surely with his family wealth, reconstructive surgery is available).

To make it all about commitment, Alicia challenges Jon, "if you're only interested in being her daddy when it is convenient or easy for you", then you will fail your daughter. Damn Jon, you are A MARINE. Stand-up soldier. Then Jon can stop *hiding in plain sight*.

They get to meet his mother, the Tyler family history, and just maybe a little one for Hope to have as a play pal? Oh but it's your story, Tara. You know where you want the story to go.

BentNotBrokenBentNotBrokenabout 4 years ago
Beautiful story

Your realistic and sensitive portrayal of the characters plays like a move with humor as the cherry on top Thank you and please keep them coming!

.......pack of batteries and risked carpal tunnel.. hahahahaha

beatricethecleverbeatricethecleveralmost 4 years ago
Maybe it’s just me

But why can’t they come up with something different? Why have the kid? Why need to marry? Why not come up with something close enough to the truth? Why not say ‘families are all a little different, and it’s just the two of us, don’t be so upset about Amy’?

All the characters are just acting on autopilot to me. I just...don’t get everyone’s choices, especially the leap from the kid is sad about having one parent to I need to marry someone I don’t know. They. Know. Nothing about each other and I would be so protective as a parent - and just told them sperm bank and then the truth when it was age appropriate. And Jon really should be asking many more questions about his role.

I love most of your stories but I’m lost here.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTara Cox@Tara Cox
UPDATE: If you are wondering what happened to me, I have not died. I left Lit. Please do NOT comment or complain about unfinished stories. Completed versions of many are available on my website to read for FREE. If you follow the links: http://taracoxwriter.com Twitter: @...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories