All Comments on 'No Strings Attached Ch. 08'

by Tara Cox

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
My 2 cents

Too short, but still beautiful. I love the characters and the pace. Im a Vietnam vet and it pains me to see other vets suffering. You know how to put emotions in your scenes. keep going and I will keep reading. Thanks for your time and imagination.

eightytuneseightytunesabout 4 years ago
It isn't about what you look like. It's ABOUT WHO YOU ARE inside that she SEES.

Tara, I really am so thankful for this particular chapter, because now we get to see Jon gain back his PRIDE. Chris may not be a psychologist, but he learned through his struggles how to adapt and now Jon has heard how to how to become who Alicia craves. She wants the man who left to come back, but not as a broken man but as a MARINE. As you wrote, "not about comparisons about being; accepting just what is". AND, so o important for Jon to understand what Alicia thinks and wants, "Love is miraculous. The more you give, the more you have. But you gotta learn to give it". To give of himself for the love that the two girls want, Hope wants her DADDY ("what if she gets bullied because her daddy is a freak", is not what Hope thinks or cares), just as Alicia wants her MAN, that man who is NEEDED to help them all grow together as a family. You pushed Jon that now he feels how to live and love, "be at the school for the girls...Their girls". It is so fitting to end this chapter this way, "Jon felt more Hopeful than he had - ever", *hope* in feeling, *Hope* as is who is his little girl's name.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Drill Instructor not Drill Sergeant

Great story...many thanks. One small technical point. FYI: No Marine would ever say “drill sergeant voice”...Marines have “”Drill Instructors” or “DI”s— not “Drill Sergeants.”

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Perfect

I honestly love this story, the title of this chapter actually produced genuine vocal LoLs, it’s so easy to get stuck in your own mind and need an honest friend to point things out.

I hope you’re planning to publish to a wider audience, you have real talent.

Tess (uk)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTara Cox@Tara Cox
UPDATE: If you are wondering what happened to me, I have not died. I left Lit. Please do NOT comment or complain about unfinished stories. Completed versions of many are available on my website to read for FREE. If you follow the links: http://taracoxwriter.com Twitter: @...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories