No Way Out Ch. 02

Story Info
Federal Agents invade the Iron Crowbar's homes.
10.1k words
4.82
6.7k
6

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 10/18/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is part of an ongoing series. The chronological order of my stories is listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racism, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

***

Part 6 - The Relentless Enemy

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Tuesday, January 21st, from the top of the building at Riverside and College, with Police Headquarters in the distant background. Bettina was dressed and made up as well as she possibly could be, obviously having given it extra effort for this particular newscast. "Channel Two News has learned that Police Officer Donald Troy has invoked, taken the Fifth, rather than cooperate with an FBI investigation of him!"

She could not stop herself from smiling broadly as she began her report: "The FBI opened a formal investigation of TCPD Commander Donald Troy after allegations were made that he had sex with a woman in his custody. Nearly three years ago, Troy escorted Betty Morelli from Turpin Heights, in the State south of ours, to The City. Mrs. Morelli was expected to testify before a Federal Grand Jury against her husband, Jerry Morelli, which the FBI says was part of a plea deal between them and her."

A copy of the document that Nash had presented to me and my attorney was shown on the television screen as Bettina said: "The FBI stated that Troy signed documents taking custody of Mrs. Morelli, and that they had sex while en route to The City. By crossing State Lines, Troy allegedly violated Federal Law, and because the sex act is believed to have occurred in this State, State laws were also allegedly violated. It is illegal for a Police Officer to have sex with a person in his custody."

Bettina: "Federal Agents attempted to question Troy in the presence of his lawyer, Mike G. Todd of the Madison & Ives Law Firm. The FBI stated that Troy was not cooperative with them, and took the Fifth rather than answer their questions. We have with us Dr. Adam S. Keller of the City University Rodham Foundation for Political and Social Change." The camera panned out to show Keller standing with Bettina. "Dr. Keller, is Donald Troy trying to hide his guilt by not cooperating with the FBI investigation?"

Dr. Keller said smoothly "He has the right to take the Fifth to avoid self-incrimination, but law-abiding citizens should be asking themselves what Donald Troy has to hide by taking the Fifth. If he's innocent, why doesn't he cooperate with the FBI and answer their questions? These are serious questions that we should be asking ourselves."

Bettina: "Dr. Keller, what does it mean when a Police Officer, of all people, takes the Fifth?"

Keller: "It's very bad, Bettina. It's an embarrassment to the TCPD that their Police Commander took the Fifth, and it also should cause Citizens to question the integrity of the Police. In this day and age when Police are under scrutiny for murdering unarmed and defenseless black persons in their custody, for a Police Officer to take the Fifth like this is an indictment of the integrity of all Police Officers."

"Thank you, Dr. Keller." said a brightly smiling Bettina. "And now let's welcome back our colleague Amber Harris. Amber, congratulations on your new baby!"

The camera went to a split-screen, showing Amber behind the anchor desk at the KXTC studios as she said "Thank you, Bettina! It's great to be back, especially for this developing and very important story!"

Bettina: "What is your take on this, Amber?"

Amber: "Bettina, when I heard of this investigation, the first thing I remembered was that it was Commander Donald Troy who used his Police power on behalf of Governor Jared to intimidate and bring charges against Donna Rodman and Hillary Braselton for making credible claims that Jared sexually harassed them. Commander Troy stonewalled Robert Mullen's Independent State Counsel investigation and the State Legislature then, protecting Jared from being brought to Justice for his crimes."

Amber: "And now we learn that the FBI is investigating Troy for something worse, having sex with a woman in his custody, which is considered to be and is treated like a sexual assault case. While I'm not surprised that Donald Troy stonewalled the FBI's badly needed investigation of these allegations, what he has allegedly done is reprehensible, and he's nothing but a hypocrite after what he did on Jared's behalf."

Bettina. "Thank you, Amber! And now let's go to trusted political reporter Lester Holder. Lester, how seriously should our viewers take these charges? Should they believe what the FBI is alleging?"

Lester Holder came on screen, and yelled angrily into the microphone he was holding: "Bettina, it's just outrageous. Remember, Donald Troy is a philanderer that proudly admits he's cheated on his wife on numerous occasions. He's bred six children by four different women, and one of those illegitimate children is a halfbreed! And now we have allegations that Donald Troy is a sexual predator that has taken advantage of a woman in his custody! It's just unbelievable to me that this man can even exist, much less be a high-ranking Police Officer! It's disgusting, Bettina! It's just disgusting!"

Bettina: "I couldn't agree more, Lester! Thank you for that insightful commentary!" Then Holder disappeared from the screen and Bettina said "Reactions to the allegations against Donald Troy and his taking the Fifth came swiftly, and were very strong. Roll tape."

Tape rolled. First was Councilwoman Kelly Carnes, who yelled "These charges are bad, but for Police Officer Donald Troy to take the Fifth is totally unacceptable! I demand that Troy resign from the Police Force as well as the SBI! If he won't resign, I demand he be suspended without pay, and the process to fire him begin! I demand the Inspector General begin a Board of Inquest, and D.A. Miriam Walters begin a criminal investigation of Donald Troy!"

Councilwoman Susan Weston: "Regardless of the veracity of the charges, Commander Donald Troy has disgraced the TCPD badge by taking the Fifth. He should step down, and if he won't, he should be fired. For a Police Officer to take the Fifth is worse than unacceptable!"

Councilwoman Malinda Adams: "If Commander Troy sexually assaulted a woman in his custody, then a long prison sentence will be needed to satisfy the demands of Justice. It's long past time to stop treating women as objects for the forced sexual pleasure of predatory men."

Councilman Reginald B.F. Lewis: "For a white Police Officer, that carries a crowbar around to use on innocent black men, to take the Fifth himself shows just how biased the American justice system is against People of Color! Troy will skate while the black man being beaten and choked by white cops gets no justice!"

Candidate for I.G. Bruce Finneran: "Donald Troy has abused blacks and discriminated against gays, and now we're faced with the hypocrisy of him taking the Fifth when the FBI investigates him for serious sexual crimes. This is why I'm running for Inspector General, and why I'm needed... to stop Police abuses like this, abuses Horace S. Wellman or James Goodwin will never stop."

State Senator Katherine Woodburn: "I believe the Town & County Police Department is obligated to suspend Commander Troy, and if these allegations are shown to be true, they must fire him. And for him, as a Police Officer sworn to uphold the law, to take the Fifth is a stain upon the entire TCPD, and a total repudiation of any integrity he claims to have!"

Mayor Daniel Allgood: "Commander Troy has every right to protect himself from the FBI's witch hunt---" The tape was cut off, and Bettina came back on screen.

"We apologize for that last bit, which was not intended to be shown." Bettina brazenly said. "As part of this story, many Members of the State Legislature are demanding that SBI Inspector Britt Maxwell open a formal, criminal investigation of Donald Troy for these alleged crimes, but Inspector Maxwell, a close crony of both Donald Troy and deeply unpopular Governor Val Jared, has resisted doing so."

Bettina: "District Attorney Miriam Walters issued a statement saying that the alleged crimes did not occur in the Town & County, and therefore she has no grounds to investigate Troy nor charge him for any local crimes, and Inspector General Horace S. Wellman issued a statement agreeing with D.A. Walters. The Town & County Police have so far issued no statements regarding this matter, and Sheriff Antonio Griswold has not responded to numerous requests by KXTC for comment..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"They're sure enjoying themselves, aren't they?" said Lt. Commander Teresa Croyle as she, Captain Tanya Perlman, and I drank coffee in my office. Yes, me. I was hiding in plain sight, right in my office at TCPD Headquarters.

"Susan Weston sure showed her true colors." said Tanya. "She didn't hesitate to kick you while you're down. She must really think they're going to beat you."

"Did you think it would be that bad, Don?" Teresa asked.

"It was pretty much what I expected overall." I said. "They got in all their salient political points, and Penis Holder took his racist cheap shots at my daughter. Weston's comments, and her being shown making them, was not expected. And them reporting that D.A. Walters wasn't going to take it up was a bit of a surprise."

Tanya said "I'm a bit surprised they didn't have someone from the FBI or a U.S. Attorney on."

I replied: "I don't think the Feds have played their full hand yet. KXTC could also have had more State-level Swamp Frogs on, too. Instead, except for Katherine Woodburn, Bettina stuck to locals. And Katherine is this District's State Senator, of course, so she's local, too."

Teresa said "I don't know whether this is good or bad, but they didn't mention Cindy. At all. And she was with you during that whole trip. Anything to that?"

"Maybe trying to get Cindy to turn on you is the Feds's next move?" Tanya suggested. I just shrugged, having no idea. Tanya continued: "Does she need to protect herself? And does she need our help?"

Teresa said "She's aware of the danger to herself, and she has lawyers ready to go on her behalf, notably Cy Hart and Agnes T. Spires. And yes, she and I expect the Feds to try to force her to snitch on Don."

"So do I." I said. "But so far, they seem to be putting all their eggs in the basket of that document they claim that I signed. I noticed that seemed to have been leaked to KXTC."

"Where is Cindy?" asked Tanya. "And the Chief and Sheriff, for that matter?"

"The Sheriff is on a mission. From God." I said whimsically. "I think the Chief and Cindy are in the Chief's office. And I expect you'll be called in there before the day is over, Teresa. Get ready to become the Police Commander."

"Oh, c'mon." Teresa said. "They're not going to suspend you... well, unless a Federal Grand Jury does indict you."

*CHIME!*

It was Teresa's Police iPhone. "And there it is." she said. "The Chief wants me to come to his office. If you'll excuse me..." I nodded and Teresa got up and exited the office.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hello and welcome to Fox University Sunrise!" said Catrina Pierce at 8:00am in the KFXU studios. "I'm Catrina Pierce, and with me as always is Meredith Peller. Good morning, Meredith!"

"Good morning, Catrina!" said Meredith. "Good morning, everyone. We'll have coverage of the Legislature in Midtown, but first we have the exploding story right here at home."

Meredith: "The FBI has begun an investigation of Town & County Police Commander Donald Troy, accusing him of having sex with a woman in his custody. The FBI alleges that Commander Troy engaged in sex with Betty Morelli as he and Commander Cindy Ross, then a Captain with the TCPD, escorted Mrs. Morelli to testify before a Grand Jury in the City." She then gave the details of the trip, then showing the document that was purportedly signed taking custody of Betty Morelli.

Catrina took it up: "The FBI claims that Commander Troy was non-cooperative with the Special Agents that interviewed them, and then took the Fifth when asked if he had sex with Mrs. Morelli while escorting her to the Grand Jury appearance. Their investigation is ongoing, and both District Attorney Miriam Walters and SBI Inspector Britt Maxwell stated to KFXU that the FBI contacted them about the allegations, but refused to give more details than the document that was disseminated to the Press."

Meredith: "Reaction has been swift and strong. Several local politicians denounced Commander Troy. Roll tape." Tape rolled, showing most of what KXTC had shown, excluding Finneran's thinly disguised campaign speech.

Catrina: "But others defended Commander Troy. Roll tape."

Tape rolled, first showing Mayor Allgood saying ""Commander Troy has every right to protect himself from the FBI's witch hunt by taking the Fifth in the face of their accusations, as all Citizens do."

Councilman John Colby: "We don't know what the FBI's allegations are for sure, but I do know that Commander Troy has Constitutional rights, too, despite the false assertions of the radical Leftists on the Council and running for the I.G. position."

Councilman Edward Steele: "Commander Troy is an outstanding Police Officer and a good man. And until we see some actual proof that he committed a crime, he deserves the benefit of the doubt. It seems that some, including the Mainstream Media, believe that with Commander Troy it's 'guilty until proved innocent'. I wonder how Lester Holder would feel if it were him being accused of a crime."

Back to Catrina live: "And we're honored to have with us Town & County Sheriff Antonio Griswold." As the camera panned out to show Our Sheriff sitting in the chair next to the sofa the women were sitting on, Catrina said "Thank you for coming in this morning, Sheriff."

"Glad to be here, ladies." said Griswold, bedecked in his 'duty dress' Sheriff uniform with jacket, sets of 4 stars on the brown jacket shoulders and beige shirt collars.

Meredith: "Sheriff, the investigation is serious, and we have faith the truth will come out. But what does it say when a Police Officer takes the Fifth when being questioned by the FBI?"

Griswold growled "It says clearly that even if he is a Police Officer, Commander Donald Troy has Constitutional rights like the rest of us. It also says that he doesn't have to immolate himself just because a few Federal Agents are going on a witch hunt against him."

Meredith: "But Sheriff, if he's innocent, why doesn't he cooperate with the investigation?"

"That's not how the Constitution works, Meredith." Griswold growled. "And in part answer, I'd like to remind everyone of something. Some months ago, the State Legislature subpoenaed Commander Troy, trying to force him to say Governor Jared had ordered him to harass those women who lied about the Governor, women that eventually pled guilty to making false charges."

Griswold: "Commander Troy took the Fifth then, because we had learned that State Attorney General Karl Handel intended to indict Commander Troy for perjury unless Commander Troy lied and falsely accused Governor Jared of doing what he did not do." (Author's note: 'One Night In Bangkok', Ch. 04; 'Shipping and Handling', Ch. 01.)

Griswold: "And when he was given Immunity, Commander Troy testified truthfully... and was accused of lying anyway. So it's not like Commander Troy has not taken the Fifth before, and he was right to do so. It's the same here, but his political enemies and the racists at KXTC want to make something negative of it. And they're very selective in who they think should have Constitutional rights, and Commander Troy apparently is not on their 'entitled' list."

Meredith: "Sheriff, if a U.S. Attorney does convene a Federal Grand Jury, and if Commander Troy is indicted, will he be suspended?"

Griswold: "We'll burn that bridge when we come to it, Meredith. As of now, Commander Troy has not been charged with any crime. And if the Feds don't have rock-solid proof of these allegations, he won't be charged with anything..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

9:01am, Tuesday, January 21st. The all-female and mostly college student audience applauded raucously as the hostesses of 'Point Taken' came onto the stage. Asian moderator Connie Chen was followed by white, heavyset Rosie Berkmar; black militant Donna Roselle, wearing a black t-shirt with 'Black Voices Raised' printed in white on it; the gorgeous Zara Zeigler; and the Establishment Elitist Republican Ruby Russell, daughter of the late U.S. Senator Samuel Russell.

"Thank you!" said Connie Chen as the hostesses sat down in the semicircle of chairs. "We're coming to you live! from the television broadcast studios of the University's School of Journalism!" The audience cheered loudly, since the lighted sign told them to. "We'll be here the rest of the week." said Connie Chen.

"And we have a great audience of women from our great University..." said Rosie Berkmar. The women in the audience cheered more loudly.

"I did see some great looking young men on Campus as we came in." said Zara Zeigler, who had spent several hours the night before sampling college cock. "Maybe we can have a special show with men in the audience?" Some of the audience booed, but some cheered.

"Maybe, if we have Dr. Laura Fredricson, the sex professor, on the show." said Connie Chen. "You can get together with her about the men."

"Yeah, since she's going to be divorced soon!" said Rosie Berkmar. There was some laughter.

"Or she'll be visiting her husband in jail!" Donna Roselle practically yelled. Some of the audience cheered loudly. It is possible they were wearing shirts with the same slogan as Roselle's shirt.

"Now, now." said Connie Chen. "The charges are alleged. But yes, this was an auspicious day to have our show here on Campus, as the story is exploding that the FBI is investigating Town & County Police Commander Donald Troy, alleging that he had sex with a woman in his custody nearly three years ago."

Connie did not mention that the show location was very hastily set up the day before, and made it sound like they'd be at the University location anyway.

"But first," Connie said, "we have an announcement from our colleague Ruby Russell. Go ahead, Ruby."

"Thanks, Connie." said Ruby. "I'm here to announce that I am leaving 'Point Taken' in order to run for Lieutenant Governor of the State on a Party platform with Karl Handel." There was polite applause, then Ruby continued: "If you think Val Jared is bad, Sharon Marshall would be ten times worse! I feel it is a duty to which I'm called, to oppose Sharon Marshall. And as your next Lieutenant Governor, I will be doing all I can to oppose Sharon Marshall's white nationalist message of hate." The audience applauded a bit more strongly.

"Good luck to you, Ruby." said Connie politely. "But before you go, what do you think about these allegations against Commander Troy?"

Ruby: "Connie, as you and everyone knows, Commander Troy falsely accused my father of several crimes, then went in and browbeat my mother to recant her testimony that would exonerate my father. He used similar tactics of bullying and suppression to help Governor Jared when Jared was accused of sexual harassment, as well. His bullying tactics were dishonest and should've landed him in jail, but the System was rigged to protect him."