All Comments on 'Nobody's Fault But Mine'

by IABH

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

This is all very sad. I can't see Ben and Flora lasting and I don't know enough about Cheryl and Alan to think that they will. (That is not a criticism - I don't need to know any more about them as Ben is your focus). I suppose that I hoped that Ben and Cheryl would get back together after their early affirmations of love, but it's probably too late now. After that early love there is a lot of anger flying around. This is a good, well-written story, I know that because I am concerned about your characters, they feel like real people in an emotional car crash. Many thanks for posting it.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Thanks for your story! It resonated with me.

5

other2other1other2other1over 1 year ago

I enjoyed his come back, the effort he made to build himself back up. That he found Flora at a point to help him just gave him additional motivation.

While this falls into the category of Romance and not LW, I felt a little disappointed in Cheryl, sure she was upset that her husband was unwell. but she did nothing from what I can see to help him recover other than leave him a note saying she didn't love him. Sound like she was cheating on him before leaving him. She deserves a shity life for treating him like that!

Great story, enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

But of course.

How I had a good laugh reading the story.

The guy is a big whale, pathetic and contemptuous, blaming everyone but him for everything, and nothing is his fault.

And of course, despite this ungrateful physique, his attitude and his shitty behavior, he finds himself with a hottie much younger than him as soon as he leaves the house.

Completely ridiculous and stupid.

Turn off your screen, get out of your house to watch real life.

It's not Disney World.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Seems too much like an implausible and unreal dream.

Husband and father who abandoned his marriage and his family through his choices and self-destructive behavior, finds a gorgeous, younger, more beautiful wife...in 5 minutes.

Stop wandering around outside your home, at the end of the day you would have a real harem.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it.

Unlike some of our readers this is not REAL LIFE it is Fiction, so that means that is the opposite of Fact. Get it guys! make belief because real life is so shitty we run away to here for relief!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Isn't that some sort anxiety transfer? She couldn't save her brother, so she will save Ben instead. He is her project. When he is saved, she will dump him. The author had a decent start, but lost it. It could have been pretty interesting if he would have let that scenario play out instead.

mac1729mac1729over 1 year ago

I really get a kick out of the comments that this would never happen blah, blah, blah.. It is fiction, entertaining and well written. It's a come back story and while I wasn't 45 I was in fact 55 and 30 lbs overweight and out of shape. I lost the weight and it did indeed help with a number of health issues including high blood pressure and E.D..

Bh76Bh76over 1 year ago

It is Disney World because they wrote it as such. Literotica ain’t real life people. If a fat guy losing his wife meets a hot chubby chaser, God bless America.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Why the rushed end? The first 2/3's was really good, probably something thousands experience every day. The last third went a bit off the rails with a rushed ending. 4*

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 1 year ago

Nice feel-good romantic story.

Thanks for sharing.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 1 year ago

Would like to know about wifes cheating with this guy Alan.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Welcome to the modern world your a fat, lazy, lard ass its not your fault. Find your own truth.....🤔🤔🤔🤔 Fuck I can't even pretend to care about decrepit people who can't care enough to fucking help themselves.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Kinda sad story. Not much romance. Fiona was a total cliche' and Cheryl was ugly inside. Why was she even married to him? Not much romantic about a 350 lb guy who didn't give a shit about his family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The author wrote a fictional story. Why did he write what he did?

Three authors with a story or two (one of them has nearly a hundred) liked the story and praised the quality from various viewpoints. 'Anonymous's panned it. Mac who had been there praised it. I think this is one for people to read!!! I gave it 5.

A Guest reader.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Dreams can come true, it can happen to you if yourre' young at heart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So nice that he is following SAD, Standard American Diet. I tried it and variations of it and it didn't work. Now I do my own thing and eat 4 to 6 eggs a day and I have lots of fat in my diet. Also a good bit of veggies. I lost weight and now in the best shape ever. I just watch the glycemic value of food and it makes a huge difference. My numbers are in the fantastic range and my Doctor is impressed. Ancel Keys screwed us up.

Po8pPo8pover 1 year ago

This wasn't the most grammatically perfect story I've read on here, not the long kind I prefer but it was way so relatable I'd even think it a true story.

Thanks for sharing, it's great

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I’ve enjoyed the author’s other stories, so I was looking forward to this one. IABH took every opportunity to portray the MC as a loser…especially of respect for himself. There seemed to be nothing that would lead to a course correction. And then he started to take serious steps to control his life. At the same time, he ran into Flora. Would Ben have made similar progress on his own? Hard to know. But for me, it was a hope filled story that a person could find a way (maybe hitting rock bottom? Or maybe running into someone who believed in him?) to change his life for the better. Maybe more Hallmark movie than Disney, but I’d like to think it would happen occasionally in RL. And I thank IABH for telling an uplifting (and somewhat romantic) story.

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

I liked it. A fairy tale romance, but it could have happened. He was likely suffering from depression and eating/drinking made him feel better for a few minutes. Too bad his wife didn’t try to force him into counseling with her BEFORE blowing up the marriage. I’m guessing she was getting what she needed from good old Alan and had already emotionally departed from the marriage. But, he’s right, it was his fault he let himself go and never sought help. Fortunately, Flora saved him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonder how much of a relationship Cheryl had with Alan *before* she 'ended' the marriage... Interesting to wonder if it was as far back as the ass smacking incident.

Not that he didn't contribute to it ending but she's the one who pulled the plug...

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

The alcohol was the catalyst for all the rest of his problems. Once he knocked that, everything else fell into place.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another idiot whose problems started with alcohol. I guess people will never learn. He deserved everything he got except a happy ending. His wife and sons should have had the happy ending. He should have died of alcohol poisoning. Seems like there is no justice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story but feel it is incomplete 4 ****

Nothingman83Nothingman83over 1 year ago

Life gave him lemons, he made sugar-free lemonade. Screw the naysayers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story but needed a page or two,more. Still, 5 *s.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Lovely story as it stands. I prefer to think about possible outcomes than being spoon-fed saccharin...

inka2222inka22229 months ago

@anon - I'm not a person who would defend alcoholics, but being an alcoholic does NOT deserve being cheated on. Not to mention, the wife never EVER tried to fix the marriage by telling him his alcohol or weight were a problem and she'd divorce him in X time if he didn't fix it. No, she just used him up while he was paying for her lifestyle, then abandoned him for a supposedly better model. I'm sure he didn't cheat on her when se didn't feel like sex or whatnot. Whether he deserved Flora or not, debatable. I can see it being argued both ways. He was a selfish lazy asshole before, but he was also a good and caring husband before THAT, and Flora was smart/wise enough to figure out she could pull the first from under the second. She got the reward.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Agree with @anon who said it could use a bit more.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt3 months ago

Fun, funny, loving, tough loving, honest, caring, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Good story, but it's missing an epilog to make it great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Ben doesn’t deserve happiness. He brought all of this on himself. What an absolute asshole. When did he actually care about his wife and children. If my dad I would not have reconciled with him. No way would I be bought off with the use of a crappy old car. What a self serving piece of shit he is. He should have just died of the potential heart attack, at least his wife would have go his insurance payout and been happy. Why does he get to be happy and not the wife who stood by him until it got unbearable so that he was dragging her down. She tried to talk to him, tried to help him and he ignored her. According to the children she ends up with another assshole. Not really fair he rides off in to the sunset and she looks like she is going to be unhappy. You can tell this is not one of my favorite stories of yours. Perhaps if you had made her meet a nice guy and she was happy then ok. And for the readers who quote “for better or worse” tell me who would stand the situation she was in. No one.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIABH@IABH
2/9/24: 2 new stories are submitted. I have a few more I’m working on to come. Purple Haze’s conclusion is waiting Lit approval. Sorry it took so long. Music means a lot to me and I include references to it in my stories and even some of my story names are song titles from ...

SIMILAR Stories