All Comments on 'Northern Lights'

by Wark2002

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Amazingly well written, it took me away and I was in the story. I'd love to read a follow-up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Beautifully written

I love this, with its combination of the fraility of youth and the sensuousness of good sex, among good friends. A five for sure!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Loved it!

I have canoed the Boundary Waters, in the 70's, and loved your references; Cheech and Chong, John Denver, Lake Agnes and more. Beyond that, it was also well written, and made you feel it was happening to you. Great job!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

Fun times in a great location!

5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Excellent!

Finally, a first-time story that's been proofread! I would have liked, though, if you had shown the relationships developing before they went skinny-dipping. I'm looking for more of your work.

The Comma Monster.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 4 years ago
Excellent

Excellent story, excellently written. How cool to lose your virginity under the northern lights, talk about a memory! I, like allot of readers would like to hear there rest of their story. Thank you for this one!

Wark2002Wark2002almost 4 years agoAuthor
Thank you!

Many thanks for the positive comments! It's been a good 40 years since I put anything "out there" for an audience to read, aside from personal storytelling shows, and the comments and the votes have been, well, as the actress Ruth Gordon said when getting her Oscar at age 72, "I can't tell you how encouraging a thing like this is ..."

There is a follow-up I could put out there. I have something else I'll be finishing up soon, and then I'll work on it.

Thanks again! And keep in touch!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Brought back a flood of memories!

I Loved it! Had a similar experience just after graduating from high school on my last trip as a Girl Scout.

My first happened on a similar two week, 60+ mile canoe trip In 1977 on Ross Lake in Washington states north Cascades, all the way to the end of the dammed up lake across the Canadian border.

There were around 9 girls and 11 guys from Girl and Boy Scout Troops all of us 17 or 18, Either new seniors or just graduated seniors with two adult (married) chaperones. The girls would wait until just before dark to find a secluded spot to skinny dip apart from the guys who were Supposed to be doing the same. I remember to this day just how icy cold the lake water was even in late July.

I’d been eyeing up a guy, Chip who I knew pretty well from high school. My best friend Ginny had been doing the same with a boy called Stu. On the second day, Ginny and I had both managed to swap out our original canoe partners for Chip and Stu. About the Third evening Ginny and would stay behind and be the last of the girls out of the lake. About the same time, two rather interesting boys were doing the same. Eventually finding our secluded swimming spot!

Ginny and I were both virgins with our “virgin freshness seals” intact, I know Chip was and I’m pretty sure Stu was as well. It didn’t take long for the four of us to figure out something completely natural to do with our spare time in the evenings. We had a whole lot of fun teaching and learning.

Like a lot of girls then, Ginny and I were both on the pill (to regulate my periods, really). Even so after we got back home, both Ginny and I were on pins and needles waiting for Auntie Flo’s next visit. Lucky for both of us, she arrived right on time!

Chip and I dated all through college, broke up for over a year and came to our senses and have been married for almost 38 amazing years! Thank you for reminding us of a long ago canoe trip that brought us together!

Beth

raucousraucousalmost 4 years ago

We had a cabin not far from the Boundary Waters when I was growing up in the '70s. None of my canoe trips from there were anything like this but it's a great take on what could have happened to add to my memories of those trips. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great read

Excellent story, well written. Looking forward to more.

fd8984596fd8984596over 3 years ago

What a GREAT 1st post!

CanadianMCanadianMover 3 years ago
Nicely Done

Well written, nicely developed... enjoyed it.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 3 years ago

Virginity usually isn't "lost"

It generally is given away--with great enthusiasm! :)

Great story. I'd be willing to read a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great first effort!

Excellent "first time" for you and your characters. More of this story, if you please.

theo_minortheo_minorover 3 years ago
Lovely. . .

Very sweet, tender First-Time story. There's something incredibly sexy about teenage camping trips, isn't there?

You also remind me of the time my wife and I snuck out at night to make love on the beach of Lake Michigan, and were blessed by the Northern Lights filling the sky above us as we mated. . . Sweet memory, that. . .

chytownchytownover 3 years ago
Excellent Description Of A First Time Story*****

If only it has been that easy back in the day. Good read thanks for sharing.

th0ts0vuth0ts0vualmost 3 years ago

Great story. I had to smile at your description of June. We were there two months before this story is set. We paddled up to the border and then headed back south. We had ice a couple of nights and portages through rain and mud a couple of times. Great memories. 😀

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunalmost 3 years ago

Really well written story, and not just for a first effort. So descriptive, made you feel like you were there. I really like your style. Now I'll have to read more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

My awesome wife of almost 40 years and I have camped extensively in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. A couple of times, we have been lucky enough to make love under the Northern Lights. I highly recommend it. 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWark2002@Wark2002
Reader and writer of literature. Probably not the thing to say on an erotic lit site but I'm a huge fan of Victorian Literature.

SIMILAR Stories