All Comments on 'Not a Bit Too Far'

by SouthernCrossfire

Sort by:
  • 155 Comments
SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfire5 months agoAuthor

Author’s Follow-up Note:

Private Detective Dawna Hightower also appeared in my story “A Fool No More.”

tangoperutangoperu5 months ago

Feels incomplete without the ex-wife's POV.

Jlyn1Jlyn15 months ago

I wanted Reagan's side of the story. At least an explanation as to the hinted hypersexual issue that many were aware of

except for her husband?

Ravey19Ravey195 months ago

Excellent. Yes, it would have been good to have some of Reagan's POV but not particularly concerned over that. 5⛤

JoshFrom53JoshFrom535 months ago

What a wonderful story. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I'm I awe of your story telling and the way you write them down.

ScottishTexanScottishTexan5 months ago

Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another, you've been messing around.

-

I read this from beginning to end even though I hate stuff about a cheating wife. Since this is a contest piece and votes count, I voted a 5 star rating. The writing was really good. Only one or two typos. But I might have been inclined to give it a lower score under certain circumstances. 🤔

However, I did immensely appreciate the comeuppance that both of the cheating individuals received in the end. You don't get any of that kind of closure in real life.

technofrog2002technofrog20025 months ago

I thoroughly enjoyed this story, it was also nice when you made reference to the north Georgia mountains. I’ve lived up there for several years.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Boring, predictable. I've now read 3 stories in this author invitation and found they're all the same, only different. I won't waste any more time trying to read others.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story, but the MC was kind of a knob. I really don't get this, not taking the cheating wife's calls or texts and avoiding her at all costs. Is it a lame attempt at, "I'll show her, I'll make her hurt by ignoring her"? I would want to know why she did it and most people I know who have gone through cheating, had alot to say to each other. Also, not originally risking the new relationship because he might have bad memories in dealing with her ex said alot.

HemmingswayHemmingsway5 months ago

Well written but nothing new here.

kage440kage4405 months ago
Great story

Great story. The only exception is a "tiger can't change its spots", Either a tiger can't change its stripes or a leopard can't change its spots, lol.

Other than that, great read. a 5

JRandyJJRandyJ5 months ago

Tigers don't have spots.

MormonJackMormonJack5 months ago

Loved it! Thank you!

Just a small thing: shouldn't it have been leopards, not tigers?

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart5 months ago

I do wonder whether the ex-wife really loved the MC and was just a sex addict or was just using him but ultimately it doesn't matter beyond idle curiosity, she cheated and it doesn't really matter the excuses. Been nice to know but doesn't hurt the story not knowing. 5 star story, some good revenge with the best revenge living well with the two cheated upon spouses getting together.

6King6King5 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Just_WordsJust_Words5 months ago

And that is what revenge really looks like when you live your life in the future and not the past

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice5 months ago

Very entertaining read. I liked that the MC didn't go nuclear and played things smart. Over the top has its merits, but I prefer things more realistic, like this story.

WisquejacWisquejac5 months ago

Excellent story. Thanks.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft5 months ago

A very enjoyable read. I’m definitely a sucker for a happy ending. Very nice to see Trent and Melissa together at the end. 5*

12bolt12bolt5 months ago

Enjoyable story with a happy ending. Thankyou

SkubabillSkubabill5 months ago

Best so far. Five stars

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfun5 months ago

5 Stars! Well done. Loved the happy ending, too.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith5 months ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Darn fine tale, well done.

ForensicFossilForensicFossil5 months ago

So, what, actual nymphomania, Martian slut ray, multiple personality disorder...The loving way Reagan was written just does not jibe with her hysterical promiscuity. The heart of a LW story is the confrontation and the attempted explanation. This piece omits all of that. It is the author's prerogative of course, but without those elements it is hollow to me.

PowersworderPowersworder5 months ago

This badly needed a final confrontation with the wife.

Her cheating was so extreme, and showed so little respect for her husband, I was curious how she'd try to justify it.

-

With regard to the "revenge" he took on the ex-wife and her lover, it was practically non-existent. I was expecting something really extreme with all the ominous foreshadowing, but... nothing.

So he moved out of the house, then ghosted the ex-wife? There's nothing remotely illegal about that.

He ends spousal support when she gets married? That was her own fault for getting remarried.

Even getting Noah fired was weaksauce. He just went and got a new job.

-

Unfortunately, the ending was a let down too, with him settling for a single mom. His initial gut reaction was the right one. In reality, getting involved with a single mother is often a recipe for disaster.

60022Mallard60022Mallard5 months ago

I personally two couples who swapped spouses without prior knowledge of each other pre a split!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The one gem in this event, loved it

Hiram325Hiram3255 months ago

A fine story and well crafted. 5*

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

Great story. I don’t think I’ve read any of work previously, but this makes me want to read more.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well done!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This is just stupid:

quote I didn't listen to the message or read the texts before deleting them. Unquote

Just because you read it on Literotica does not mean that it is a good idea.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Trent is a little bitch crybaby. Melissa should wise up and dump is twat ass.

RePhilRePhil5 months ago

A very good read! Good balance between narration and dialogue. The dialogue moved the story forward nicely too. It would have added value to the story to have some response or input directly from Reagan. It is also nice to hear the antagonist bemoan their plight. Btw. Most likely an intentional turn of phrase but Tigers have stripes and Leopards have spots. 5&FAV&Follow

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMom5 months ago

And the award for whining bitch goes to Trent! Melissa should have just laughed in his face.

ibuguseribuguser5 months ago

Good story but Trent tends to hold grudges for a long time.

Doesn't seem like the mature type but hey, it's your story.

⭐⭐⭐⭐

WillDevoWillDevo5 months ago

Impeccable writing, as always, SC!

In fact, this tale has given me an idea for a plot in a new one! Keep it up. 5*.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

No alimony for an adulterer in Georgia if you can prove opportunity and motive. Of could photo, video and witness testimony are best. However, condonation, i.e., forgiveness occurs if you have knowingly have sex with the adulterer after the fact. A new act of adultery restarts the clock. Otherwise, story needed more about ex-wife’s motivation to cheat.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Dec. 4, 2023 has been a banner day for Loving Wives and the 'Take it on the Run" invitational. A number of highly rated stories have been presented. I wonder what made them so popular? 5★

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This same storyline gets rolled out time after time to the point of boredom from sheer predictability.

In saying that, though, this was quite well written and I gave it four stars.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

These stories are so much better in shorter forms. Otherwise they repeating the same basic information and leave you waiting for a foregone conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Your a good writer but you make your mc such a coward that he lost my sympathy. He doesnt even have the guts to confront his wife. And you introduce a fact that she had been waywrd before. It all read like a vehicle for hate rather than the disintegration for a loving relationship. The wife was given no character so basically it was predictable and more about who the mc would end up with, i started skimming by page 4.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Farfetched but we'll written complex story showing a betrayed spouse mentally dealing with the issues

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

solid 5 well written

SeeingEyeSeeingEye5 months ago

I don’t understand why LW authors seem to have a fetish for the protagonist marrying the ex-wife of the man who cuckolded him. It is absurd and would never happen in real life. Why would you want to spend the rest of your life with a person who is a constant reminder that you were cuckolded, who loved the man who broke up your marriage, who spent years sleeping with the guy who seduced your wife? It just makes no sense.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Funny. The deneumont can almost make it break some stories. In this case, it took it from four stars to five.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Gotta agree that holding on to the vengeance a bit too long. Still, a 5☆!

Frank66Frank665 months ago

Very much lacking, in that a major part of the story- Reagan, never gets to tell her story. The 'why' of why she was a cheater, even tho completely loving her husband, is ESSENTIAL. So much time spent on detailing his sex with her and others also- what a waste.

vanyevanye5 months ago

Knowing Reagan's side would have helped with this story

DreddrasDreddras5 months ago

I enjoyed this story but I agree with several commenters that it would be significantly stronger if we got some insight into Reagan's thinking. We don't really find out the rationale for her behavior, instead she's just portrayed as a nymphomaniac, which is honestly a bit of a cop out. In general, I'm not all that into LW stories where the cheating spouse is dehumanized by being given some sort of irresistible impulse to cheat.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight5 months ago

This was very well written and plotted. I enjoyed it from start to finish. Thanks for the hard word and taking part in the invitational. It is appreciated.

MrSpoojerMrSpoojer5 months ago

Great story, start to finish. Wish there was more content from Reagan's side but a good read just the same.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

God that was a tedious read. It seemed more like a how to report on protecting oneself in a divorce and burning the ex in the process! A good story requires conflict. Where’s was the conflict? Never heard wife’s story. There was no climatic meeting or even graphic explanation if the wife and lovers being served. There was plenty of poorly written and repetitive sex scenes. They weren’t erotic at all as they to felt like obligatory reports of sex.

Lector77Lector775 months ago

Nicely written, and the characters have some depth, so it earned a 4. What was lacking was dramatic tension. Everything proceeded as if pre-ordained.

redbaron172redbaron1725 months ago

Good Story !!! Worthy of an award!! 5 Stars!!!

Regguy69Regguy695 months ago

Well done. Not sure I would have deleted all her messages, (she may have given him the "Why" he needed), but I agree with not wanting to speak with her directly.

He certainly got the best of the trade and Noah gets to be reminded of that for the next decade or so.

Thanks for sharing.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

And it WAS a compelling read. Of particular note, I loved the subtle way you tied the theme song into Ethan's reveal about Reagan cheating. I'll be the contrarian to the commenters wanting to know Reagan's mindset. I think you painted a general enough picture for the reader, along with some direct references that she had a mental health issue related to sex addiction. Any additional depth would have not added to the core plot lines of the story. It may make a good separate story someday if you're bored, but otherwise leave it as is.Well done! 4.9*

someoneothersomeoneother5 months ago

Just another LW plotline, but entirely missing wife's explanation.

Men do not prove their manhood by refusing to talk to their wives or ex-wives. Any man who does not want to have all the information, even from disreputable sources, demonstrates only a delusion that they know everything.

MattblackUKMattblackUK5 months ago

A great 5* story that does not go down the "the betrayed husband sued the employer of his wife and her boss lover for sixty quizilion Dollars."

BGHillmanBGHillman5 months ago

Divorce is nasty business in the best of circumstances. Its ok to ad lib some!!

WargamerWargamer5 months ago

Great story, even better BTB, l loved it!!!!

Scores 5/5 well done!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Having only one side of a story is great for a two page shorty, but after 6 pages you needed her side or at least a real good detailed confrontation. Pardon the pun but it makes the story less "one dimensional." Hell, we know more about the secondary pregnant character then the cheating wife. Good premise and effort. 4 stars.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon5 months ago

Great story. Just one thing bothered me. When Trent called her parents, her father talked about her previous behavior, but nowhere was it mentioned that Trent knew this or Reagan had told him about her past in any way. From the phone conversation, it sounded as though Trent knew that information.

Other than that, solid tale!

BulldogfortyfourBulldogfortyfour5 months ago

Dang! What a well written story! I enjoyed it from start to finish.

Thank you for sharing!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

MbgdallasMbgdallas5 months ago

What an asshole Trent was. He didn’t stick to his vows either. He forgot the”for better or worse.”

She obviously has a problem that needs to be addressed but he couldn’t even be bothered to talk with her. A wimp and a loser who has an ego problem. The worst kind of man that there is.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

5 stars. Very well written. I'm somewhat disappointed that the author chose to not give the cheating wife any harsher downside (doesn't have to even be from MC), but the Living Well revenge made up for some of that lack.

/

@deddras - why would anyone care about insight about cheating bitch's thinking? She thought she wanted shit, and being a selfish bitch with zero empathy, caring, consideration, honor or morals, she decided that if she could have her fun, why not, there was zero downside for her. This is a story about the main character, not about a low-life.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

@seeingeye - if you are asking why the AUTHORS choose that, it's easy. First, it makes for a nice symmetry. Second, it eliminates the need to write the backstory of how main character met his next woman. Third, it makes sense from MC's viewpoint.

/

From the viewpoint of the person doing it, there's also a couple of reasons. First, it actually serves as a "ego"/"karma" type mini revenge. Prior dynamics: "Asshole A took something valuable from me, my wife/marriage". New fixed dynamics: "Asshole A took something valuable from me, my wife/marriage; now I took A's wife, so he's hasn't won". Second, sometimes it's simply that the person is THAT worth it. Great looks, great personality. Third, a cheating victim is probably less likely to cheat in the future; since they know the pain. Lastly, it isn't always easy to meet women and make connections for a guy, especially if he's not super hot and super outgoing. The cheaters' ex is already there, they already communicated and established a connection, so it may very well simply practically be the most likely woman he is around who he likes AND feels has a shot with.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

@anon - oh great wise one, please enlighten us why it's so stupid to refuse to listen to anything that **a proven liar and a sociopath says**? There will be ZERO new information useful to the cheating victim conveyed. AT BEST, it will be a bunch of useless lies and excuses. Worse, it will be the cheater dumping their garbage emptions on their victim. And worst of all, the cheater is trying to emotionally blackmail the victim into reconciliation abusing their prior love and good feelings for the cheater. So, go ahead, provide even a single shred of idea of any upside of listening anything a cheating asswipe says?

TajfaTajfa5 months ago

Tigers don't change their spots?

Anyway, some would like to hear from Reagan some wouldn't. Personally, I thing a few paragraphs where we hear her thoughts on the disaster that is her life would have added to the story. It didn't need a confrontation or a discussion, but what the hell was she thinking? It seemed that she did love him but couldn't control herself. Still a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This was probably 2 possibly 3 pages too long.Trent moved from 1 crazy woman to another with Melissa seemingly falling for him after meeting him once for a few minutes where he told her that her husband was cheating on her.

Trent and Mel ending up together was painfully unoriginal and shows a lack of creativity.

It would have helped the story to find out why Reagan was such a giant slut but I guess you couldn't think of a reason.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirens5 months ago

Very enjoyable! It’s your story, and you told it well. 5*

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit5 months ago

Nice. Well written

stev2244stev22445 months ago

Well written and entertaining story. 5*

GardenshedGardenshed5 months ago

Very good story, well written. Could feel Trent’s emotion through out the story. I think the way Trent told Noah that Melissa was the better deal than Reagan, was the best possible revenge.

Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I liked it but wish there had been some confrontation so there could be closure. Never speaking to her again seems impossible given how divorce works. Anyway, it was great to see a guy with character and backbone!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

While the buildup to his realization of Regan’s cheating seemed a little long in the telling, it’s a good story, well told and fits a modest BTB format quite well.

Not breaking any new ground here, but telling a good, solid story your way.

I liked it!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I kept expecting that Reagan would pull some crazy shit, great read

VTSnowVTSnow5 months ago

Well written story! Clearly Reagan has a problem. Too bad she chose to cheat instead of talking with Trent about her problem and getting help before she destroyed her marriage. At the point Trent found out all the ways she was cheating on him, talking about her issues would be like closing the barn door after the horses have escaped.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

3 stars, it would have been 5 if Trent had ended up with someone other than Melissa

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nice story telling. Happy ending always appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Two cheaters married! One a nymphomaniac, the other a serial womanizing cheater . Both have an illness in compulsive behavior. Marriage that’s crazy!

inka2222inka22225 months ago

@Tajfa - unless she literally had a diagnosed mental health disease involving compulsion, "coudln't control herself" is a BS excuse, not a reason. Most people CAN control themselves - they simply choose whether they do or not. And the fact that she CHOSE not to control herself, indicates she didn't actually love him. Because when you love someone, everything you do is ALWAYS filtered through the prism of "how will my behavior and choices affect the person I love". If it isn't - then it's NOT "love".

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

@Mgbdallas, so the slut cheats, but somehow TRENT is the asshole? Only a narcissistic, misandrist bitch could use the idiotic logic you just used.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It was OK. The story generates some obvious questions:

\

Apparently Reagan was notoriously promiscuous before the stupid cuck married her. Even her father was aware of his daughter's lack of discipline, lack of self respect, and her casual attitude toward recreational sex. So why did the stupid cuck ever marry her? And why was he so unaware of her proclivity? Reads like another deaf dumb and blind cuck husband.

\

But if Reagan was a sex addict, why did she end up marrying her regular fuck buddy? That sounds like a romantic affair, not scratching the sex itch. Which makes it even more puzzling how the stupid cuck could miss the lost emotional attachment and her obvious lack of respect for him and their marriage. Authors who want to pull this presto cheating rabbit out of the marriage hat ignore normal human behavior that sends numerous signals that the marriage relationship is distancing. So we have to assume Reagan was some kind of sociopath who could put forth different and contradictory personalities and behavior patterns at the flip of a switch. But a true sociopath also reveals themself to those who interact with them regularly and intimately, if you are paying attention.

\

So in the end the story was barely believable. An outrageous monstrous promiscuous slut deceives her husband for months if not years. Except other people around her, even her father, knew she had the history and the proclivity, and the husband finds out only because some acquaintance feeds the rumors to him. And of course the author never allows the whore to explain herself, that's just too much work. Got it. It was an interesting if incomplete story. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Five stars with knobs on.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good ones, sometimes the good guy or gal wins.

SatyrDickSatyrDick5 months ago

[07.12.23]

Top Shelf!

11/10!!!!!

oldmanbill69oldmanbill695 months ago

Well told and great story ! 5 for me.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It was way too long for too little content. No new grounds here.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Another loving wife transformation story from Slut to Angel with 4 pages of how clever the deceived handled there situation. Getting kinds boring.

Harryin VAHarryin VA5 months ago

This is a three star story. This could have been a four or five star story but the nymphomaniac excuse begged the question..... Why did the husband the main character marry such a person in the first place? Did he not know that she had a sexual fixation problem?

.

The other problem is that there is no confrontation with the deranged slut crazy wife.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Excellent story! 5 stars for your effort and thank you SouthernCrossfire!

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree5 months ago

Well done!

First LW story from SouthernCrossfire is a beauty.

One fine plot, well worked and well written.

What a treat.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wow. What a great story! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What can I say? I liked it! Would have liked to see Noah and Reagan each get a little more payback- maybe from someone else's spouse. ))

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ5 months ago

All's well in the end! Thanks

Karn9Karn95 months ago

A wonderful well written story. Entertaining and enjoyable read. 5*

ChopinesqueChopinesque5 months ago

Reagan never got to plead her case. She wouldn't have fared any better, probably, but we'll never know.

I see that as a flaw in the story. A point knocked off the rating. Was she a person, or just a two-dimensional character? What was her problem? How did she feel about what she did?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSouthernCrossfire@SouthernCrossfire
4/4/24 Update: "Crossed Paths," a story of old friends reuniting, was recently published for the Wicked Games challenge, in which everything isn't as it seems. Hope you'll read and enjoy! If you're looking for something older, you might try "The Valentine's Dance," a late 1...

SIMILAR Stories