All Comments on 'Not a Second Time'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 127 Comments (Page 2)
DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

This was stupid. Becky has been angry at her husband because he joined the union? He got totally beat up and she did nothing? Lots of holes in this one. She never ever told anyone the truth ? So husband is just supposed to accept? This sounds like a GA story where the man must forgive at all costs while wifey get to do anything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That Beth may be a good rancher but she's certainty a shitty partner, let alone wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry, didnt like the ending. Too short. Did he forgive her? I liked the action, but not enough story. 4 stars.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

An odd one this is, a story but it was short and didn’t really go anywhere

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sadly, a week later Jess dies from infection, but with a smile on his face. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I can’t accept her reasoning as to fucking the bastard to save her brother’s life.

Not if she were married.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

She is still just another whore

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat11 months ago

Personally, I liked it very much. 5*

chasbo38chasbo389 months ago

This story reminds me of the many Zane Grey western novels I read sixty years ago. Except that he would not have had a bimbo like Beth as his main female character. Beth is having sex with the town bully when her husband appears and tries to save her. She sneaks off while he his getting almost killed. She gets angry because he never comes back. Short ,memory his last sight of her was getting fucked by another guy. Then he saves her brothers life and brings him home and she is pissed off because he does not stay around to see the woman he is lasts saw getting fucked by another man. This woman is unbelievably self centered or simply stupid !!!!!

She would not have gotten more than a paragraph from good old Zane Grey.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Interesting plot but Becky is neither a heroine nor a desirable woman, but a selfish ..... which sort of took the joy out of reading an otherwise good story. Very disappointing from a normally very good writer.

JamesthegoshdarnlegJamesthegoshdarnleg7 months ago

Loved the story but I’d like to think once healed Jess said a big fuck you to Becky, told her family how she’s an idiotic adulterer and rode off

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

sounds like a bitch.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story the the ending.stupid ending.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

3 Stars on this one . I hope that Jess leaves his so called loving wife at the ranch . With a wife like her you do not need any enemies .

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story, HDK, thanks for sharing. And please, pay no attention to the idiot comments from the peanut gallery. (You idiot peanuts know who you are).

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Becky: "Jess! You're awake," croaked Becky before proceeding to completely jeopardize Jess' vision by hugging his head to her breast. "I'm so sorry I let that bastard into our bed! He had Jack in jail for stealing a horse and they were going to hang him in the morning. He said he'd let Jack join the Confederate Army if I slept with him.

"Jack's my twin brother, Jess. I thought I had to do it to save him. You weren't supposed to be home for a day or two and I was desperate," continued Becky as huge sobs wracked her body.

===> Blackmail sex is rarely an excuse for adultery, but a serious threat of physical violence or death to a loved one with no chance to her her and no time, is perfectly understandable. And Big Joe taunting her when about to rape her a second time (blackmail sex is rape!) with how he made her moan is not relevant. A lot of rapists magnify the sex in their mind that their victim wants it, to feed their sick egos. Or she was acting to get the asshole to ejaculate and end it sooner. Or her body betrayed her and she gave in, despite being torn up about it inside her heart. Doesn't matter. It was clear she was raped by the asshole. And he finally paid for it.

She at first thought her husband had died and could noy find him. And then two years later realized he was fighting on the other side of the Civil War and saved her brother but would not deign to speak with her and she would not be forgiven. This built up a great Dela of shame but also anger that she never got a chance to explain. That grows like a cancer with time. Hence her immature and irascible greeting to Jess when he rode to their ranch with her brother and sister-in-law. The West was after all a very dangerous place.

A great story. Thankfully Will was an ace shooter with good insticnts and 18 montgs in the military. He wrecked that gang. Anywaysa classic western from HDK. Not Split Trails Ranch but still really entertaining. Kudos. 5 blazing stars.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Story had OK bones, but too many inconsistencies.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos4 months ago

Good story, I suspected the "twist" when we found out who it was in bed with Becky. The only complaint I have is that it ended so damn abruptly.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not sure how I feel about this one. Yes she went to bed with the asshole to "save" her brothers life. Yes he lied to her about her brother. She kept her secret and either enabled the lie about him running off on her or started the lie to cover what she did. I can get all of that and her anger at the asshole when she found out he'd manipulated her. What doesn't work for me is her being angry with Jess when he returns. She knew he'd seen what happened she knew he was beaten badly because of it. The story fell apart at that point for a while. I can even get the reconciliation as she was forced to do what she did. The story just missed out on being good because of this. BardnotBard

tsgtcapttsgtcapt4 months ago

Good, not great, story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Pretty good story, HDK, thanks for sharing it. Of course it does have your signature “abrupt ending”, but I’m starting to used to that.

Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Got to agree with bardnotbard's anon comment. Becky's anger at Jess seems misplaced and while I get that it could be the result of her buying into her own cover story, I'd have thought that two years thinking he was dead would have been long enough to get over any anger and possibly love, the fact that Jess then saves her twins life should have endebted her to Jess considering what she was prepared to do to save her twins life. Maybe, just maybe the guilt caused by the bubble of cog dis breaking with first contact could explain her initial actions, but then I'd expect a much longer time scale required to overcome the psychological gymnastics her mind would have undergone.

Of course, the other alternative is that she was a shallow slut that just allowed the excuse of her twins predicament to enable her to get something she already wanted. That her focus on life was never anyone other than herself and so became angry at Jess because she could see her carefully crafted persona was in risk of being shattered.

Again, the quick turn around at the end just seems, well too quick.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Another stupid woman making another stupid decision that she knows will lose her her husband whom she supposedly loves, not supported by her decisions/actions.

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

Loved the story…

Nothingman83Nothingman837 days ago

Great story, but the Colt Revolving rifle was not well liked, as it had a nasty habit of chain firing and taking the unfortunate shooter's left hand off. Now the Henry, that was another story altogether. Incredible accurate, held 13 round in a tubular magazine and the soldiers joked that your could "Load it on Monday and shoot until Sunday without having to reload." Jayhawkers were no better that Quintrell's Bushwhackers.

AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

Thanks, a great story I enjoyed reading! DerMtMan

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...