All Comments on 'Not a Second Time'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 123 Comments
WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 3 years ago
Well written.

Well executed and well...well fucked up.

But n enjoyable read nonetheless.

stev2244stev2244about 3 years ago

Damn, you forced me to read a western, although you know exactly how much I dislike them. As if that wasn't enough, you even forced me to enjoy it! Well done.

penneydog55penneydog55about 3 years ago

Damned fine read..

5 Stars🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🤕

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 3 years ago
It was the damned Yankees that cornholed each other, . . .

. . . not us Rebs!

RolanRunnRolanRunnabout 3 years ago
Not complete yet...

I liked how you went through this story. But there are still certain questions that might need answering. Did the family know Becky cheated and why? Will Jess forgive Becky and start up the marriage again or will he forgive but won’t be with her again.

Will there be more bad guys coming to attack the ranch?

amyyumamyyumabout 3 years ago
You old softie HDK

As usual a lot of originality, some really weird circumstances, and a happy ending. Fun!

Hugs & Kisses, Amy

DFWBeastDFWBeastabout 3 years ago

Thanks HDK! Enjoyed the read.

Killian

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 3 years ago

Great story. Loved the western take on the theme. 5 stars.

Hooked

AbctoyAbctoyabout 3 years ago
Good read

Nice western 5*

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 3 years ago

Nice! A Western! Randi loves Westerns. Well done, Mr. Knight. Thank you, Randi.

ptolmetptolmetabout 3 years ago

I truly enjoyed that.

oldsage_1oldsage_1about 3 years ago

Nice read. I enjoy a good Western once in awhile. Well done though not quite Louis Lamar but quite an enjoyable tale. Five stars and a tip-o-the-hat for a job well done! There may be another short follow on with Becky nursing Jess back to health and a convoluted happily ever after ending.

Of course you will have to steer clear of the BTB crowd since Becky is a tarnished lady after Big Jim.

Cheers

SAGE

PmillPmillabout 3 years ago

I really enjoyed it. You should have made a novel out of it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
OK story but she cheated

Even though he knows why she cheated, and she said she would do it all over again, I hope he moves on.

I thought it was a rape but turns out she let the guy have her.

Why stay with a wife when you know she would as she said give up pussy? She could have worked with her family to go after this guy. So if Jess gets back together what happens next time her brother gets in a situation?

Sounds like tough guy Jess can get any woman he wants being a tough good lucking cowboy.

lukeshortlukeshortabout 3 years ago
Formula Story

Pretty good story except it followed a recipe/formula - wife didn't cheat. She was blackmailed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The ending wasn't quite as lazy but once again you leave more questions which just further shows that your closing ability sucks. I wish someone could explain why you all like this guy. Every single story ends like this. Fuck, you don't even have to work that much harder to provide a convincing resolution. I have seen you do it but I think those are mistakes on your part. Jesus.

Pmill, you really don't want that. It would be half finished.

Bh76Bh76about 3 years ago

Loved it. I’ve been getting into western novels lately. I’ve been watching the movies all my life, but never got into the written word. Thanks for a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Pretty well written old Wild West story but it pretty much follows the normal tale with nothing else as a mystery. Still a 4* from me as he does write well.

patilliepatillieabout 3 years ago
Great story

have no idea how this isnt rating higher. A shorter Western that compares favorably with some of the best Westerns on here. 5*

MediocreGingerMediocreGingerabout 3 years ago

Feels like there should be more here. Like does Jess forgive her. Is all the gang gone? Does everyone find out she got conned into bed by Big Joe? Good story but feels like there could be more.

nestorb30nestorb30about 3 years ago

I liked it over all, but a reconciliation in the end, no

nestorb30nestorb30about 3 years ago

Ok story but her cheating is problematic. She is sorry but would do it all over again? Move on

lujon2019lujon2019about 3 years ago

So she willingly cheated, and told him she WILL do it again in the future under the right circumstances?

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 3 years agoAuthor

Man, I was hoping Luke Short would like the story. He's one of my favorite western writers, as well as a damn good gunfighter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I understand her logic. I fucked my sister for almost three years while her husband was in a coma from a car accident.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Great story, as usual. In fact, it's one of your "tighter" stories in a while. Always famous for fitting a lot of story in short prose, this had several unexpected twists and you created characters with depth that continued to build as the story went on. Thanks for posting and I wish we saw more of you than we do. 5*

PowersworderPowersworderabout 3 years ago

An odd place to end it, especially without any epilogue.

I think Jess should've walked away. Becky was a deranged slut. She willingly fucked some repulsive guy "to save her brother", then watched the asshole almost beat her husband to death.

Does she feel any guilt or regret for cheating on Jess and nearly getting him killed? Nope! She's furious at him and lied to her family that he abandoned her. What's more, she defiantly tells Jess that she'd do it all over again.

What a cunt.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

Yee Haw! When men were tough and women even tougher.

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
That other anonymous

Left a stupid comment

You wrote a good story again

arrowglassarrowglassabout 3 years ago
A good read!

Well done!

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

No idea why Becky was so hostile after meeting Jess, considering how things went down the last time they'd seen each other. You'd think she'd want to tell him about the blackmail ASAP instead of telling him to fuck off.

Omart57Omart57about 3 years ago
You do have

a flair for westerns, HDK! Loved it!

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

It was a nice story and entertaining. I think I read another of your stories.

When reading your writing it is a bit 'choppy' form some reason it just doesn't flow smoothly. Maybe you a little smoother details about what's gong on. I wish I could explain it better. Try reading some of the more popular authors on LIT like QHML1 and Todd172. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

Just loved it!!!!

An old fashioned western, reminded me of all those westerns I watched as a kid, Paladin, Cheyenne, Bronco, and Sugarfoot. Great black and whites.

This great story gets 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I liked it

I like it a different take from the normal modern-day story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
TOO BAD!

All that time and effort and all you managed to produce was another pathetic RAAC story.

Rolando1225Rolando1225about 3 years ago
Nice old west story

Nice old west story. Well-written, interesting, and entertaining. Thanks for the story and the time to write it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Zane Grey rides again!

Entertaining little ditty. My only complaint is that you left it short.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 3 years ago
The Lone Writer writes again

Great story. A bit quirky but a fun read.

hermie55hermie55about 3 years ago

You did it again Hard day's night. Everything you write turns out near gold. Five stars.

skruff101skruff101about 3 years ago

Not quite Louis L'amour but pretty cool. I’ll give it five.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago
Great little Western

Well, more J T than Louis or Luke..but that's a good thing. Many thanks HDK.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Nice story

The old west. Very different

PierremanvisPierremanvisabout 3 years ago

Enjoyed . A fun read, easy to know the good guys and who the bad guys. But then I always enjoyed those old Cowboy tales. Thanks .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You should have called it the CUCK COWBOY , you always go full CUCK, I gave it a 1 star ya cream pie eater

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
??? Sam Blocker = Sam Jackson ???

...

bob4300sbob4300sabout 3 years ago

So pleased to see both a new story from you, and another old western drama! Cant thank you enough for continuing to write!

Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So?? If I threaten to kill Becky's brother she'll fuck me?? Jess should be mighty proud to have a good loyal loving wife like Becky. 🤣

tazz317tazz317about 3 years ago
THE TALES OF POST BELLUM ARE ATROCIOUS

and it occurred multi times, to our nation through out the land. TK U MLJ LV NV

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

HDK does the Old West with the LW version of the Virginian. Good one!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This was a great yarn as a Western. Well paced, with enough about the characters to identify with them. Liked the drama and action. Great story. Definite 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A Decent Effort, Even If It Demeans Women

Yeah, pioneer women were just vaginas with some surrounding tissue useful for nursing children and keeping house. You should try watching fewer Hollywood Westerns and maybe read some history.

Women can be deadly warriors, and in the days of new settlements and Indian conflicts they were ready willing and able to fight and kill. Did you even note the irony in your own story, when you first make Becky a helpless stupid cunt, thinking she can bargain with her pussy, then make her a deadly shot with an unfamiliar hand gun. Yet she says she'd fuck Big Joe again if she thought it would save her brother! Its only in Hollywood that women are that stupid and helpless, and have to use their sex to get what they want. Hmm, guess that's still true today.

Despite your portrayal of wild west lawlessness and brutality, a person was safer then than they are today in most American cities. Plenty of research shows the rate of murder today when most people are unarmed is higher than in the old west where most people, including women, could and did carry the tools to defend themselves.

I appreciate your effort, but you could be more accurate and realistic about the women of the old west. Many of us are alive today because they refused to be victims back then.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Lukeshort..........You make a comment and judge others although I see you've never made any contributions yourself. What a sissy. Have balls enough to write a story or just keep your mouth shut and enjoy others stories.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
Coulda been longer

But I guess we can say that about many good stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Usually, I’m not too big on period pieces. This was an exception. Good story.

Don’t know if the Dirk Blocker character was a shout-out to the actor (and son of Dan Blocker.....Hoss Cartwright on the old Bonanza show) or not.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 3 years agoAuthor

Etchiboy. Nope, they were 2 different bad guys. Sam Jackson is laid up in a whore house in Kansas with a bad knee. Sam Blocker's bones were picked clean by the buzzards, who have to eat, too.

It's always good to get a comment from my most loyal fan, Latex Larry, the king of the used condom fetish, cream pies and the general ingestion of spunk in new and creative ways. I do wonder how much easier it is to type "ya" rather than "you"? Maybe he has pudgy fingers and a track phone?

The "demeaning women" comment came out of left field for me. I don't think I invented the notion or women trading sex for something they badly want, like the life of their twin. The statement about people being safer in the years after the Civil War than they are now would need some statistical support, at the very least. Personally, I like women, for many reasons. Thanks to all for reading and commenting. I try to read every comment and consider it's message.

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 3 years ago

i really like it but it needs a few more pages

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

@RolanRunn - Of course Jess will forgive Becky now that he knows the whole story. I don't think the family cares about much else, but if they try to chastise Jess for running off, I would expect Becky to set them straight.

/

I do agree with the question of why was she so angry at him? She had to know why he left, assuming that he even survived the beating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Solo 3 estrellas

Lo puedes hacer mejor, tiene mas agujeros que historia.

rodryder44rodryder44about 3 years ago

This is not a Zane Grey story, but it was nice reading.

BigJim48BigJim48about 3 years ago

I truly hate unfinished stories! It was good while it lasted but since there is no indicator that here is a Ch2, I could only give it a *2.

sanman52sanman52about 3 years ago

Nicely told story. 5 stars.

I did find all the chance meetings a little too convenient and the ending only told of Becky's resolve to restart her marriage but no word from Jess on his feelings about that. Still excellent.

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago
Nice Story

Well put together, just a bit short for my liking.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 3 years ago

That was a damn fine post-Civil War romantic Western.

Zane Grey would have been proud to write something like that. A good, 5* job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good story - but more of a ‘end of the rape’ rather than an affair - still a cracking’ good Western. Love to read more

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Poor

Poor story.Instead of writing this sort of stuff,the author would do better to finish off the Lady in Red fantasy.

Helen1899Helen1899about 3 years ago

Non erotic, not this authors finest, but a good old West yarn

chytownchytownabout 3 years ago

Now that was different and one great piece of storytelling. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Darn, I like the gist of the tale. But I'm a stickler for geography. And it makes little sense to me that 2 or 3 families, a wandering vet, and a vicious bad guy--from the same neighborhood in VA--all find each other again in KS...and finish up outstanding business!

usaretusaretalmost 3 years ago

Could have dragged ending out a little more.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15almost 3 years ago
Anonymous

The West was amazingly small in many ways. It was not uncommon to meet people you knew from times before.

Excellent story.

inbigjimflinbigjimflalmost 3 years ago

I enjoyed it good story the end good have better

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessalmost 3 years ago

Didn't make any sense to me. Why was Becky such a bitch at first? What difference did it make that Big Joe had lied? She still knew her husband caught her fucking another man and got the shit kicked out of him. So she knew why he left.

Why was she bad mouthing him all that time, why wasn't she sorry or trying to explain herself, why was Jess ever the bad guy in her eyes? Why was she such a capital C when she saw him again? Why did the revelation that she was tricked turn her around 180? She always knew she'd been caught fucking another guy by Jess.

It would have made a million times more sense if Jess had seen her fucking Big Joe and just left to join the army because of a broken heart. Then she wouldn't know that he knew, or why he left.

The story makes zero sense if she is aware that Jess knew.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The previous comment says it all. He/she has raised the exact questions I had in mind. She was to blame but her aggressiveness indicated that she felt SHE was hard done by. Not logical.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
Yeah. That was my first question when we were shown Jess had found Becky fucking the deputy.

“Why the hell is she so mad at Jess for leaving when she knows EXACTLY why he left. Heck, for all she knew, after he saw Joe Buck with her. Remember, she knew she was sleeping with Joe “voluntarily”, and Jess saw her. And she sees Joe beat the crap out of Jess. Why the hell is she so pissed at Jess for leaving?” is what I said to myself.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
@anony 3/20/21 — really? You don’t get it?

“So?? If I threaten to kill Becky's brother she'll fuck me?? Jess should be mighty proud to have a good loyal loving wife like Becky. 🤣”

The LOL denotes sarcasm. Did you really mean to be sarcastic when Becky put her body on the line for saving her twin brother’s life, whether she was married or not?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It was ok.

Where the hell is book three of Gwen and Steve at?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Nice

I'm not a big western fan but this was decent. It had a ring of reality to it. Way to go.

Five Stars

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

Good as Louis Lamor !

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The whole of American history is full of loudmouth rapists, stealing from people and shooting them. Such a proud history. Ow you all

Want to be able

To kill anyone you disagree with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

would have been a five; except for the use of words like "keen" and "copse" - hahaha.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice. She spent two years bitchin to her family about how he just up and left her when she got caught given it up to somebody else. Flees as he gets beaten near to death when trying to intervene. Then says she'd do it again if she had to to save her brothers life. Shes nuts. He's nuttier if he sticks around.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Okay, fess up. Who’s the Anon who knows so much about American history and knows ALL about what we want? Come on, give us a name. Good story, HDK, but I have to say I don’t remember that title from the Fab Four.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Becky is a cheating slut, 2 years after she knew the truth about being lied to she admits she would do it all over again.

Jess is a dumbass for going back to save the family. Twice he saved Jack’s life even though his wife is a slut, he owed them nothing. Jess’ life would have been better leaving town with his supplies right after saving Jack and Maggie instead of helping them get home.

1 star for the RAAC ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another unfinished story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bloody good.

HDK always did have his head screwed on.

Curiousss

GumpershnickalGumpershnickalover 2 years ago

story was pretty good for the first couple pages. end was like you typed something quick so you could submit it. i don't care how dumb and evil you are if over half your crew just got shot and killed you dont stop over the first hill for a quick rape break

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

A cheating western where people say Shit!! cOOL

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Enjoyed. Could read more. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I like the story, for the most part, but feel that the ending could have been better. As someone else posted, I had a problem with "Big Joe" stopping to get a quick rape in when he had just lost most of his crew. He could have taken her with him, which would have allowed you to write out a few pages more of wounded Jess tracking Big Joe down and rescuing Becky. One other note, the Colt Revolving rifle was a P.O.S. It had a nasty habit of chain-firing, which usually ended up with the user losing most, if not all of his left hand. A Henry would have been a better choice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Awesome. Turn it into a series of at least 3 more.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 2 years ago
Simple Definition

...of "whore" is someone who trades sexual favors in exchange for something of value. But it's all oaky-doaky because it was for her brother's life. But he lied. And then she was pissed off at her beat-up husband. I'm having trouble with the logic flow here...

I enjoyed HDK's well written story while wishing for a more logical plot flow.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

To the anon who doesn't recognise the title of this story as a Beatles song, I can confirm that it is. It can be found on their second album 'With The Beatles'.

26thNC26thNCalmost 2 years ago

Again, pretty darn good Western by a LW writer. Great ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Entertaining and original story. Thanks.

Ed

kirei8kirei8almost 2 years ago

Yeah, I agree with Willowghby. She's pissed because she was a whoring slut in her husband's eyes and he had to hide and run for his life from her supposed lover. Then the story just ends because she now wants to nurse her estranged husband back to health. ???? FTDS is gone but this story needs an ending.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...