All Comments on 'Not in Kenya'

by sr71plt

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
DaddyneedsDaddyneedsabout 8 years ago
excuse you...

Im actually kenyan and yes the country does not condone homosexuality and i know there badly treated but please we are not monkeys and our police do not ride on bicycles and we all can speak good English.And what do youbmean starvation,yes some people do starve to death just like in any other country but ts not some kind of normal thing occuring

sr71pltsr71pltabout 8 years agoAuthor
From the News

This story was inspired by a TV documentary on police brutality toward homosexuality in Kenya (in which there were policemen on bicycles). Maybe your ire should be going in another direction if you don't believe in police brutality toward homosexuals in Kenya. Sorry you didn't like the story, though. Can't please everyone, especially when trying to keep up with the news.

greystongreystonabout 8 years ago

The author DID NOT refer to Kenyans as monkeys. I have visited Kenya four times during the past ten years on business trips. Police brutality against homosexuals was witnessed on all of my visits. And yes, the use of bicycles by police although in decreased frequency was still noted during my visit last year. And readers, buy at least the Sunday newspaper, and READ!

nanobotnanobotabout 8 years ago
Marvelous

Very much a needed tale. I do read the world newspapers and I can see how difficult it is for people to abandon past prejudices- they fear they are losing their traditions and dignity- as every generation does, however, the truth is: men largely fear losing their power over others- peers, woman and people of different ethnicity and, in that fear, they exact laws to secure it. Sadly, it is a mistaken belief that perpetuates isolation and misery.

It's strange to me that we should fear change since it is the source of all our achievements which include modern comforts as well as the right to determine our own destinies. Standing on shoulders of giants does not guarantee a view.

One man's acrimonious comment here is a telling source of this shame and fear- that we originate from Gorillas and that somehow by disassociating ourselves from that origin means we are better than they, when in actuality,we continue a cycle of antipathy that hinders our advancement beyond the savage mentality. There is more to being a man than power as there is more to being a gorilla than being a Silverback.

That being said, your writing always conveys a sense of urgency and depth of understanding of the workings of the modern world and the curious needs of men. That love can look like surrender when it is a victory and clever men have bigger balls;) I salute you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Am also from Kenya and the part where the guy was well built becoz he was in the UK, are you serious? All in all thanks for the story and you did some research on the towns. Its great your work is diverse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Disappointed

Wanted to love this but it was very ignorantly worded. The authors attitude towards Kenyan people seems on par with that of Americans. Could’ve been a beautiful story without generalizing Kenyans.

RikkahRikkahover 2 years ago

"He hadn't been home long enough for starvation to have had its effect."

Like seriously 😂😂 guess all of us Kenyans are starving or something jeez!

Not a bad story if you disregard some non-facts about the country the story is based on, it's well written and an insightful read. B

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersr71plt@sr71plt
Former SR71 pilot, currently professional writer and book editor; writes under name "habu" on other erotica sites. My erotica books can be found under the author name habu or Dirk Hessian (and coauthored books with Sabb under the names Shabbu or Stephen Kessel) at S...