All Comments on 'Not in That Way Ch. 03'

by thealphamale

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
Hutchison12Hutchison12over 2 years ago

Oh please Dustin …. Just tell him , love the story , just love it

PDreadfulPDreadfulover 2 years ago

Looking forward to more of this! Great story, the pacing feels spot on.

carmelcookeecarmelcookeeover 2 years ago

The wall is chipping away. waiting for the next chapter. loving it, can't wait for them to cross the line.

JRSONJRSONover 2 years ago

This story is becoming to frustrating and painful to read!

I understand the fear of damaging/loosing the friendship over sharing honest feelings, but its past time for the truth to be revealed!! It is not even realistic to believe that Gabe is not aware of Dustin's feelings for him at this point, or visa-versa! Can't either of them see the damage that is being done to the relationship with more hurt like occurred in this chapter! You cannot take that hurt back! It changes things until its just to painful to be together, even as just best friends! The best fish and chips on the planet cannot fix any of it! Its an insult the way Dustin treats all his hookups, and meaningless relationships! If he was a decent person he would stop using others to just get his rocks off, and get his shit together!

I hope one of them can grow some balls and finally address the elephant in the room, before they damage things to the point of no return!

The pink box of cookies, still all tied up in a bow, and the way Gabe felt about Tom, says way more to me than Dustin can let himself see! If I were Gabe I'd have told him to go fuck himself! Which might just cause to him to get real! This is an unhealthy co-depend friendship as it now stands, that needs to end sooner than later!

Dustin's romp with Ethan pissed me the fuck off! It was not hot, or exciting! It disgusted me and made me furious, especially after how shitty way he treated Gabe! Is he so cruel that he cannot see how he uses others, because he is to afraid to be honest even with himself! Dustin is an asshole right now!

Obviously this story is good enough to bring these emotions to the surface! Had I not made some of these same mistakes in my own personal life, it would not be bothering me so much!

There is nothing harder to live with than regret! Missed opportunities, and failed relationships that could have been amazing if the fear of the unknown could have been overcome!

whiteasianlvrwhiteasianlvrover 2 years ago

This is such a well-written story. Many gay men who are insecure about their sexuality or grew up in an era which wasn't so favorable about being gay have probably struggled with unrequited love - loving that seemingly straight guy and being unable to out themselves and admit the cause of all the tension in the room. What is so unique about this story is that "Dust" so totally lacks the courage to just admit his feelings. In this sense, he lacks trust in his best friend's capacity to love, assuming Gabe would never be interested. This is the tragedy. Gabe's gay. He's all Dust has ever wanted and he still can't go for it. We all live in the cages we put ourselves in. I just hope for the sake of a happy ending, Dustin finally has the courage to get beyond his.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous