All Comments on 'Not in That Way Ch. 04'

by thealphamale

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
armplasmaarmplasmaover 2 years ago

I love this so much. "Best friend falling in love" is probably my favorite genre. That's why I love your stories so much, especially The Chase and this one.

dnsontndnsontnover 2 years ago

Another great chapter. C'mon Gabe, tell him how you feel!

JRSONJRSONover 2 years ago

Things are making more sense to me after the last two chapters!

I hope Gabe just might allow himself to become vulnerable enough to let Dustin in again while grieving his dad! It would take something drastic to happen for them both to let the walls crumble a little bit!! This unresolved loss could actually be the catalyst for them both to get out of the way and let nature take its fateful course!

While Gabe was trying to justify with the drunk Keith why they cannot ever be more!! Gabe reply's... "Keith" He says, a bit annoyed at his persistence. "I love Dustin, I do. But we can't be together. End of story" WHY?????? Is that because he feels the same as Dustin, that in his eyes he is not good enough for him either! How fucking sad! Not sure why I just realized that was the dynamic both ways! Both feeling like they are not good enough in the others eyes to be wanted as more than best friends!!

How can they be so close and not see that they could easily be much more?? I just don't understand... two stubborn idiots, that cannot seem to see how wrong they both are!

After my critical comments on chapter 3 about Dustin being selfish, and using others to get his rocks off! I feel like I judged him to harshly with this new dynamic becoming more clear! I look forward to real feelings becoming more clear for both of them, hopefully soon!

MThomasMarkMThomasMarkover 2 years ago

Ugh, man, you're killing me . This is my favorite series. I love these two characters so much!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WTF. Why God Why did they not kiss🥲

PockettRockettPockettRockettabout 2 years ago

After reading this chapter I’m beginning to think Gabe is keeping himself at arms length from Dustin because he believes he’s not good enough for Dustin. Something you said triggered me - about Dustin feeling Gabe is broken - has me thinking those are Gabe’s thoughts as well. I live those feelings everyday myself. I too am broken, and yet while I have someone who loves me, I always fear they’ll leave because they’ve had enough of the mess. While part of me is rooting for a Dust/Gabe romance, another part is rooting for great friends to stay just thst way. Only a few more chapters will tell.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous