All Comments on 'Not Just for Christmas Ch. 10-13'

by Alwaysraining

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Another great chapter...

Thank you for another great chapter. Easily worth 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Definitely 5/5!

Excellent plot; well executed. ram

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This Story is Off the Rails

I've been reading this story as it was posted anticipating Claire & Mike would figure out how not to have their heads explode at every imagined slight. Now they are married and still reacting as if they had no idea what the other person might have been thinking.

I suppose you might tie this all up in a bow at the end, but their behavior has become ridiculous, irrational reactions to contrived situations.

Characters that once were sympathetic are now just exasperating.

I just want to slap them both.

Anonymous Andy

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Enjoying it

Though I admit it is beginning to sound like soap opera. I guess that if I had a big book in hand and knew that I still had a lot of words to the front, I would not have these slightly negative feelings. But I will continue following their adventures and tempests.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
you cant love

an abused woman..sorry they will just tear it all all apart....it is a virus will no cure. So good luck but sorry all they are is hurt and pain, and since you dont hit them they dont know they matter and get worse and worse till you leave them, to justify there own self loathing.....sad but they become worse than there abuser.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great writing unbelievable plot

You do such a great job developing characters the. You seem to get very twisted up in sudden realizations by the Wronged party that it is really his fault for failing to understand why his wife chose another man over him (the Way Back) or chose to fall under the sway of acquaintances rather than the person who literally lifted her out of the gutter. I feel very frustrated because I love your work up to the catharsis When the story just fails and I feel like I've wasted my time. Really, she's catatonic one minute and he's marrying her the next?!?

SpudnickSpudnickover 8 years ago
I give up

I loved the first part but I cant finish after these last two parts it has just draged on to lpng.

bluemtnsmanbluemtnsmanover 7 years ago
well,,,

The first chapters were quite enjoyable. Your apparent attempt at "humanizing" the hero have failed miserably and turned Mike into a scum sucking toad. Too bad that. This is beyond boring and depressing at this point.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
It is hard to watch

as they ride their emotional roller coaster.

Talking about Gary and comparing the way he would treat Claire while Mike and Claire are being intimate is really off-putting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I quit

The first few chapters were great and the plot remains so. I slogged thru the previous chapter and then started this one, determined to make it to the end. I didn't. Half way thru this one, I could not handle it. The petty petulance and emotional immaturity of Mike, and the contrived and unrealistic machinations of Cheryl and her cadre of willing or unknowing cohorts are nauseating. Even Claire has become unlikeable. I gladly gave the first couple chapters 5 stars; grudgingly gave the previous one a 3. This one gets 1 star. You really didn't need to drag it out.

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 6 years ago
You should review your timeline

How many first times together can one couple have; perhaps shouldn’t write whilst under the influence??

AnAncientAnAncientalmost 3 years ago

I understand Mike's personality: he is very passionate but tackles things mostly through his intellect. He expects a high degree of loyalty and has difficulty realizing that most people have human weaknesses that complicate things. Fairly typical Asperger's

TheSoucouyantTheSoucouyantover 2 years ago

Mike is just too to take sometimes. I think he needs to see some kind of therapist.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlwaysraining@Alwaysraining
I live the the North West of England, where we get more than our share of rain, hence my pen-name. Before I retired, more years ago than I care to think about, I had a job which exercised my mind to the full. I never had time to write anything but text books and manuals. Si...