Not Like the Others

Story Info
"One of these is not like the others."
3k words
4.64
23.4k
52
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Regguy69
Regguy69
1,095 Followers

This is mostly a reflection on how two people from vastly different backgrounds can actually work well together. This is my first posting in Romance, I hope you enjoy it.

It's funny how life changes as we pass through the years. Sitting here reflecting on all that's happened over the past several years, I have finally come to grasp with some realities in my life.

I, Dan Sexton, was the second youngest of six brothers. I grew up in a working class neighborhood in a reasonably stable home. While I loved all five of my brothers, we fought constantly. And I don't mean sniping at each other, I mean fists and elbows. I was often sporting a black eye or a cut lip, but thought nothing of it. My poor mother had tried to reign in the violence, but gave up after my Dad convinced her to "just let them work it out on their own." That's usually exactly what we did. Oddly, my older brothers never bullied us smaller siblings, they just didn't put up with any BS and god help any outsiders that dared mess with any of the Sexton Brothers. My aunt described us as "a pack of wild dogs, always snapping and snarling at each other." Truth be told, it wasn't really that bad.

I joined the Navy right out of high school and spent four years traveling around the world and learning to be an electrician. Then I used the GI Bill at our community college to get my degree in business. I landed a good job with a large commercial electrical contractor. I met and married Donna and we bought a small house in a nice working class neighborhood.

Donna and I loved pro sports, beer, bowling, camping, and sex. Man, did she love sex! Of course I loved it too and so we had a lot of it. For three years she just about wore me out and then, suddenly, she all but ended our sex life. It took me a couple of months but I figured out Donna had decided she loved money too. Lots of money, way more money than I could give her.

Turned out she had met a rich boy and showed him how much she loved sex. He didn't stand a chance, she dumped my poor ass and married him two months later. Funny thing is, I had always just assumed she would dump me, so when it happened, I didn't really care, but I knew I'd miss fucking the energetic Donna.

I floated along in kind of a limbo until I met a University Professor, Carol. Ok, this is confession time. While Carol is attractive, in a well put together, sensible, girl-next-door, type of way, she is not a beauty. A few of my old pals even kinda hinted that a guy with my looks could have done better. What they didn't know, however, was that intellectually, I was way, way, way out of my league. I mean Carol is actually brilliant and I'm, well... average. The combination of brilliant and attractive always turned me on.

Carol was pretty down to earth and never tried to put on an air of superiority. She always spoke in proper English and had impeccable manners. She was very comfortable to be around. I once heard one of our friends describe Carol as, "effortlessly impressive." As I said, she may not be a runway model, but she is definitely way out of my league!

One time she brought home an IQ test. She was reviewing it to see if there were any biases that would distort the scores. When she explained what she was doing, I remarked that I'd never taken an IQ test. A few days later she brought home two tests and suggested we take them together. I scored 116 which I thought was not awful. Carol scored a 168! That put her within a very small upper percentage of very gifted folks.

Without discussing it with Carol, I decided I would try to improve myself and I knew Carol could help me. When I casually mentioned a new interest in art, she gladly took me to museums and exposed me to a new world of art and classical literature. Surprisingly, I liked it all and I learned,... little by little, I learned. I started being more careful with my speech. I stopped using double negatives and saying things like "I seen it" and learned the difference between "implied" and "inferred" and hundreds of other small things that signaled a lack of education.

Carol and I married and we socialized with a small group of her friends. Three PHDs, two double Masters, and a self taught computer genius with an IQ north of 170!... and me, the community college grad. Obviously, one of these is not like the others.

I very much enjoyed being around my new friends. Their insights into world events and human interactions just fascinated me. Our philosophical discussions and the vast array of scholars they quoted always inspired me to read publications I never knew existed. I was like a child sitting with grown ups, I was happy to just absorb some of what was said and tried not to be a distraction.

In all fairness, the group never once acted superior or aloof around me. In fact they often asked my advise about everyday things. They quickly found out I could do simple home projects that completely baffled them, like putting together IKEA furniture, unstopping a toilet, and installing a garage door opener. But still, I knew "one of these is not like the others."

As a wife, Carol was everything I hoped she'd be. She was kind, considerate, and eager in bed. We were very happy. The years rolled by, we had two children and both are "gifted" (So I guess I didn't water down the gene pool too much). Things were going great for us.

One evening we were out with the group when they decided to stop at a BBQ place that had gotten rave reviews. It took me just a few seconds to see it was not the right kind of place for the group, but they didn't seem to notice. We ordered beer and ribs and were having a good time.

One of the guys, Thomas, went to the bar to get more beer and he seemed to be gone longer than necessary. Knowing the bar was a bit rough for my group, I had been on alert and noticed his absence. I excused myself and went looking for Thomas. I quickly found him, backed up against the bar by two hill-jack dudes about a foot taller than Thomas. One of them had a wet sleeve and was yelling at Thomas for spilling beer on him..... Fuck me!

I had tried to hide my rough up bringing from my new friends. They were intellectuals and thought all disagreements could be resolved with open, well reasoned, discussions. In a perfect world, they were right. In a dive bar that served great BBQ?... Not so much.

I slid up next to Thomas and grabbed his arm. I spun him away from the two dudes and shoved him in the direction of our table. "Go check on the ladies, I'll take care of this." He stumbled away and disappeared around the corner. I turned to face the two guys.

"Gentlemen, it seems my clumsy friend has accidentally spilled some beer on you. I'm really sorry that happened, please let me buy both of you another beer."

The two looked at each other, then laughed. The taller of the two said, "I don't want a fucking beer! You let your pussy friend run away so I guess I'll just have to kick your ass instead."

I knew his kind very well. They down a few beers and it makes them mean. Of course they're not so drunk as to pick on anyone their own size. No they look for someone smaller, or as in this case, someone they out number. I smiled at the drunk asshole and sighed, "Well, you could try."

As I expected, the drunk dipshit wound up a haymaker and swung at me. I easily ducked it and drove my fist into his soft belly. He doubled over and dropped to his knees. His friend charged at me swinging wildly. I leaned away from his wild swing and then stomped the outside of his knee. It buckled in and he screamed, as he crumpled to the floor. His friend was struggling to his feet. I grabbed his hair in both hands, yanked his head down and drove my knee into his face. Blood spurted from his nose as he rolled on the floor, groaning.

A couple bouncers appeared and stood between us. "That's Enough! You need to leave, we'll deal with these two!"

I nodded and turned back toward our area. I stopped short,... Carol, Thomas and the others stood staring at me, mouths gaping.... fuck me!

"Danny, are you ok?" Carol asked with a tremble in her voice.

"Yes baby, I'm fine, but we all need to go." I said as I ushered them back to the table to gather up their things. I could feel their eyes on me, all of them suddenly very aware that "one of these is not like the others."

I didn't know what to expect when I got home. Carol was quiet as we undressed and got into bed. I reached for her and she slid into my arms. I kissed her and she shuddered. I softly stroked her hair.

"Baby, I'm so sorry you had to see me like that tonight. That violence is a part of me I'd hoped you'd never have to see. I'm sorry if I embarrassed you in front of our friends."

"Danny,... it was so easy for you... I mean you destroyed those two goons in seconds and with so little effort. I... I never dreamed you could be so violent."

"I'm so sorry, I know you abhor violence, I just reacted to the threat. I'm so embarrassed, I hope I haven't frightened you."

"Baby, back at the bar, it WAS very scary, but I'm not scared. You... you saved Thomas and none of us got hurt. Now I feel,... I don't know,... I feel... I just need you to hold me." She hugged me tightly.

I crushed her to me and kissed her deeply. She went limp in my arms. I rolled onto her and kissed her while I ground my growing excitement against her. She moaned into my mouth and clutched a fistful of my hair.

"Please Danny, I need you, please baby, please."

I slid down her writhing body, stopping to suck her breasts and swirl my tongue around her ridged nipples. She arched her back and pressed my head into her breast. I kissed down across her firm belly and she humped up at my approaching face. She was incredibly wet when my tongue slid across her smooth lips. I lapped at her juices and sucked at her depths. My tongue danced across her clit and she moaned deeply. Both of her hands gripped my hair as she pulled my face into her sloppy pussy. I feverishly licked and sucked as she groaned her pleasure and bucked up into my face.

When I sensed her receding climax, I kissed my way back up across her torso and latched onto one of her hard nipples. I sucked it hard and then swirled my tongue around it as I squeezed her breast. I kissed her neck and she spread her legs wide before grabbing my ass and forcing my dick into her wet pussy.

"Oh god yes! Fuck me Danny, fuck me hard! I want you so bad! Please baby, please!"

I pounded into her, hard and fast. I fucked her more savagely than I ever had before. She wrapped her long legs around me and drove her heels into my ass, urging me to fuck her harder. When she came, her pussy clamped down on my cock like a vise and I exploded into her, grunting as I shot rope after rope into her.

Finally I was spent, I slid off beside her and she clutched at me, her breathing ragged. When I recovered a bit, I lightly stroked her hair and kissed her face.

As I stroked her I asked, "Wow, that was really something, baby. Are you okay?... I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"No Danny, you were wonderful, it was just what I needed," Carol said as she sighed and snuggled closer to me. "Just what I needed," she repeated as she drifted off to sleep.

I woke up alone in the bed. I called out to Carol, but got no answer. A wave of fear passed over me. Had she left me - the violent, barbaric monster that had somehow tricked her into marriage? In a panic, I grabbed my phone to call her... and saw the text she had sent.

good morning my love, I have gone to the grocery to pick up a few things and will be back soon. Thanks again for last night, I love you!

I slowly let out the breath I didn't realize I had been holding and then chastised myself for being such a pussy. But I knew, I was hopelessly in love with Carol and the thought of ever loosing her was gut wrenching.

I had just finished cleaning up my breakfast dishes when she came in. I helped her put things away and then poured us each a fresh cup of coffee.

"Carol, about last evening at the bar...."

"Danny, you did what you thought you needed to do, your actions allowed us to get out of there without injury. Now please stop torturing yourself about it. It happened, It's over, let's just forget about it."

"But babe, last night in bed you..."

"Oh god Danny, I really don't understand my reactions. It must have been some primitive response thing. I was just so hot for you. I have never seen a fight and the brutality of it did something to me. I'm so embarrassed by how I reacted."

"No worries babe, if I knew you'd always react that way, I'd take up boxing!" She hit me and made me promise NOT to take up boxing.

A week or so later, the group was at our house for dinner. We were all having cocktails and discussing some of the current events. The political news of the day was particularly disturbing and they were quite animated. I went into the kitchen to get more wine and Thomas followed me in.

"Dan, I never formally thanked you for saving my bacon at the bar. Had you not shown up... "

"Forget It Thomas, I'm just sorry you all had to see me like that. I've tried so hard to fit in with this group and, well you saw me..."

Thomas scowled at me. "What the hell are you talking about? Fit in? What does that mean? Of course you fit in, we all love you and Carol."

I sadly shook my head, "Thomas, you know I'm different, I'm a roughneck, I'm not gentile like you guys. I know this, so I try to fit in as best I can." I sighed deeply, "it's like the children's TV thing - "one of these is not like the others."

Thomas shook his head. "Pardon my French, but that's fucked up!... Dan, do you really think the diplomas, and titles make us better than you? Do you think we don't respect you for who you are and what you do, the way you treat Carol, the kind of man you are? Fuck dude, that's rather insulting! Please tell me you've never said anything like that to Carol!"

I gaped at him. "I,... well, I,... no, not in so many words, but she's brilliant, like the rest of you, and I'm just not in her league. She could do so much better."

"Damnit, if I wasn't afraid you'd kick my ass, I'd slap you silly right now! Dan, we all have different gifts. I'm a computer guy and those brilliant folks in the other room have the computer literacy of a six year old. Think how many times we've called you to help us with the simplest of tasks? Oh, like when poor John couldn't get his mower started and wanted to borrow yours, but you discovered the oh-so-brilliant Dr. Stevens was simply out of gas. The bottom line is, we're all different, that's what makes our group interesting. Sure there are some learned folks in our group with impressive degrees, but they are no better than you or I"

I nodded my acceptance of his argument, "Thanks Thomas, I guess you're right about us all being different. Please don't say anything to Carol about this."

"Dan, do I look stupid to you?... Wait, don't answer that!"

The dinner party eventually broke up and after hugs all around, everyone headed home. I helped Carol clean up and then sat on the couch. Carol came and sat on my lap.

I kissed her gently and said, "Honey, thank you for being my wife, my life would be so incomplete without you, I am so lucky to have you."

"Carol grinned and kissed me, "funny you should say that, when the ladies were talking tonight there seemed to be a general agreement that I was damn lucky to have found a guy like you. In fact, they spoke so glowingly about you, I think I'm going to have to keep a closer eye on those bitches." Then she laughed at her own silliness.

She kissed me sweetly then said, "I'm going to go freshen up a bit and then I want you in my bed."

"Okay babe, I'll be right up. I just want to finish my wine." I sat for a while thinking about my life, I sipped the last of my wine and and stood. I thought about our group and decided it was true, "one of these is not like the others," but, maybe, that's not a bad thing.

Regguy69
Regguy69
1,095 Followers