All Comments on 'Not with My Wife'

by CarterCounty

Sort by:
  • 85 Comments
chytownchytownalmost 13 years ago
Good One!!!!!

This is the way a short story is written.!!!!! Thanks for a great read!!!!!

Mousse9Mousse9almost 13 years ago

Quick and to the point. Almost a flash story.

I can't believe what I'm gonna say, but I think he overreacted by just up and leaving.

zed0zed0almost 13 years ago
Don't Normaly Like Flash Storie

But this one was perfect. Mark was a little over the top, but when you're kicking the shit out of some dog who's been hounding your wife, you sure don't want her defending him no matter what her reasons are.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Literotica

You do understand that this site is supposed to be for erotic literature, hence the name Literotica?

Besides that, Mark was an ass. Where's the apology? Rose was a victim, not a villain. But, to Mark, she's neither, because he'd then have to acknowledge her humanity. But, a wife isn't a person in his eyes, just property.

Absolute shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
too many

The world is full of marks and sams no wonder there is so much war they both are assholes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
I was waiting...

I was waiting...but, it didn't happen. maybe this post would be better in a love story site.

looking4itlooking4italmost 13 years ago
LOL@ Anonymous

If you think that every story here is a stroke story then you better find a different site or read the disclaimer at the beginning provided by the author. Man, some people are such self-centered idiots.

Rob ConnerRob Conneralmost 13 years ago
Good Story!

Liked it! Well Written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
MARK is Fucktard!!!

And she is better off without him. Lets face it, he jumped to conclusions and showed ZERO trust in his wife. Then he proceeded to get shitfaced for two weeks and never once deal with the situation. He's not a real man, a real man solves his shit not acts like shit or treat his wife like shit.

Divorce Mark and find a real man...with Marks money.

Jringo21Jringo21almost 13 years ago
Pretty Good

I liked it. Somewhat predictable, but well written.

RePhilRePhilalmost 13 years ago
Nice job

Fairness and fidelity what a wonderful combo!

shaman43shaman43almost 13 years ago
Mark is not worth it

Any husband who has any balls at all would have found out more of what went down in that office. With what he saw and heard it is only by changing reality that he gave her a difficult time of it. She should have given him ultimatums or divorced him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
An OK story

Not much original here.

1 Bringing flowers to the wife, a rare event

2 Surprise! Finding her being kissed by the boss (A first time event)

3 Beat up the bounder

4 Husband in a blind rage doesn't listen to the wife

5 Idiot runs away

6 later finds out she was innocent

7 They live happily ever after.

Did I miss a cliche?

That said the writing, technically speaking was good. Think some more about situations, imagine how you would feel, and write about that.

bruce22bruce22almost 13 years ago
Short and to the point

Amusing and entertaining, as well as sounding like something that could really happen!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Okay story. But I would say that trust must come into this partnership. If Sam was coming on to the wife why didn't she tell the husband? Did the husband go over the top? maybe, but it's always good to clarify things before you do something stupid.

Thanks for the story.

RehnquistRehnquistalmost 13 years ago
Commenters should read more closely

CarterCounty fully explained every character's motivations. Remember Rose's little memory of hubby going bonkers when a cowboy grabbed her ass and kissed her? It took three people to get him off the guy, and he damned near killed him. She knew that; she saw the look on his face when she turned; and she watched him again go bonkers, including pulling a knife. Are you telling me she shouldn't have stopped him from killing the guy? That her failure to cheer her husband on in gutting the sleazy womanizer--thereby earning a long stretch in prison--indicates she was a cheating bitch? You're kidding me, right?

So no, I don't see any validity in the comments slamming Rose for defending the sleazebag to prevent Mark from killing him. He heard her before he entered: "We can't do this." He jumped to a conclusion in his blind rage when he saw them kissing, and he'd done it in the past.

That really brings my only complaint: Mark really was, as one commenter put it, a Fucktard. This is not a criticism of the story, mind you. To the contrary, it is a criticism of the character CC created, and he created Mark well enough in this flash story that my dislike of Mark is pretty intense. He really does, as another commenter put it, treat Rose as property. She's like his favorite baseball card. He immediately jumped to the wrong conclusion, wouldn't listen to her, and--after beating down Sam Silk--ran off for over a month to get lost in a bottle.

If he really, truly loved his wife as much as he professed, then one would think Mark would've actually had a conversation to find out what the deal was before he ran.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 13 years ago
Good Flash Story

I think Rehnquist was a little hard on Mark's character - not all men are articulate or good at expressing themselves and being able to listen, especially under emotional duress. Rose handled him well.

rjordanrjordanalmost 13 years ago
Good story

I think Mark is a dickhead, but he's consistent with his dickheadedness. I don't have to like him, but CarterCounty gives me enough to understand his actions in the story.

It's CarterCounty's story and his characters. To me, the only criticism should come from whether his characters act according to what we know about the characters. What they do, and how they do it is up to the storyteller.

Thanks for the story.

LakesLakesalmost 13 years ago
Completely agree with Rehnquist's comments.

I had an intense dislike for the main character, but he and the other characters were portrayed consistently and with excellent story flow.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Not worth it

My main problem is just in my opinion no piece of tail is worth getting yourself in jail for. No one owns another, and if they think they do they are completely mistaken.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Ho Hum, soooo boring.....

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 13 years ago
A short but complete story

Nicely developed characters, and a well edited story. Smooth flowing and fast moving. Tightly written and straight to the point writing style.

A good story, thanks for the read.

RHinSCRHinSCalmost 13 years ago
Damn good

Mark wasn't a bad guy, he was normal. It was said that it takes alot to piss him off. The cowboy groping Marks wife in the bar should be enough to piss off any man. It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. Mark had seen how the boss operated, he was probably a little pissed every time that he saw him. That didn't help. He was not out of line. Conversations such as this usually start with, Hey muthafucker, and end with broken shit. I know, a school teacher wouldn't handle it this way. One of the reasons he left town was to avoid sticking a blade in the man and jerking it sideways. He was showing restraint in the office. He was smart enough to realize that he couldn't get away with it. And of course, his heart was broken. A man who will not protect his empire is a different breed, a breed of what I am not sure.

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzalmost 13 years ago
He may not own her

but just like an auto loan he is making the payments.. If a woman wants to be with someone else she should allow the first to stop payments and set up a new plan.

Same goes the other way around.

The reaction was not out of line, just a little extreme. The drinking was too much, though. You can't drink away a problem any more than you can tax a nation into prosperity....

Scorpio44Scorpio44almost 13 years ago
He jumped to a conclusion...

just like many men do. It cost him months of misery. The story was well written and flowed well IMHO.

Thanks

OldHidekiOldHidekialmost 13 years ago
Throwing the disk in the river was brilliant!

It completely says "I trust you" to his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Realistic tale

Is there a man anywhere that would not have beaten the hell out of Sam after walking in and finding this guy kissing his wife? As for leaving home; well in the husband's defense, the wife had been deceiving him by not telling him about Sam's advances. So in effect she set up the misunderstanding. I think he should have talked to his wife after cooling off though.

As for Reinquest idea of ownership, that is true. Except a wife is much more important than a valuable baseball card. It is written that two people become one in marriage. The man takes ownership of his wife's body and the wife takes ownership of her husband body. Neither has authority over their own bodies. Many people today view marriage as a legal boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. Marriage is a spiritual, emotional and physical bond.

We have too many divorces because many people do not understand the special nature of marriage. We have become contemptuous of the bond mostly because of sex outside of marriage. Our husbands and wives should be our first and only sexual experience. If they are the 10th or 20th sexual partner, then what is special about that?

This story was petty good. No one should say how anyone else should behave when faced with possible infidelity. That sin is akin to murder and to my mind treason. We execute both in the U.S.

jiminabjiminabalmost 13 years ago
A good short read

but I agree with the judge. The hubby character was way over the top with his reaction. He even heard her say that this is wrong. But good regardless. Thanks. Jim

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Mark has issues

You trust your wife or you don't! Mark is immature and doesn't trust his wife. Beautiful or attractive women get hit on continually and have learned to ward off those they do not want. If she wanted to cheat, she would have done so. Mark could not have prevented her from doing so.

I understand that he already mistrusted Silk, but from the beginning he "did not" trust his wife enough to resist getting insanely angry. The other signs of immaturity were refusing to talk it over with her, running off to sulk, and stay drunk to spite her. He caused her a lot of unhappiness and I agree that she should have dumped him because of that. He may eventually hurt her physically because of his mistrust and anger problems.

That some of you say that is normal indicates your immaturity.

A marriage is built on trust, love, and compatibility. Having sex with just each other is idealogical but somedom achieved forever. Harder for men because they have been encouraged throughout life to score often. Women realize that doing so will cause them to lose their family and respect within the community and the dislike or distrust of other women. Men are not worried about that because they will get a slap on the back for being so macho.

Rehnquist was spot on with his comments. The wife in this story was a saint in this story. She loved him enough to keep her problems from her husband because she knew her husband was jealous and tended to overreact by trying to kill whoever dared to touch her.

That is not love or trust readers. He showed little concern for her as he ran off and sulked over a kiss she tried not to participate in. Like a child, he waited until she came and proved it to him. Even then his condition was that she no longer worked for the "Silk". More evidence that he did not think he could trust her around agressive men.

This was a realistic story only when it applys to teenagers or immature men. Yet, I liked it because it covers all that.

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Pretty good for a short story like this!

Rose wasn't developed much as a character but Mark was, temper and all. Without poor communication there wouldn't be a "Loving Wives" category, at least of the ones I read. (I can't stand the please fuck my wife variety.)

RHinSCRHinSCalmost 13 years ago
RonRWood

You are an idiot. The trust you speak or was breeched when his wife didn't tell him what was happening with the boss. That is what started this mess. That is the first thing she should have done. I did not read it again, but I do not remember the man having a long history of violence. I know the wimps here do not believe it, but protecting your wifes honor is normal. Kicking the shit out of someone in that situation does not make him a crazed lunatic. I am referring to the bar fight. If the wife was smart enough she could have told him and calmed him down somewhat, she did not trust him enough to tell him. Maybe YOU should read the story again, it was the wifes actions that caused this. I will say that the drinking didn't solve anything.

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
I agree with the last statement on both parts

I also think she should have said something, granted he has a bad temp but sometime a man has to protect what's his.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Young

If there is a typical construction worker mentality (which is doubtful) then what we have is a young, verile, potective and loving young man who protects his wife. The brawl in the bar - grab my wife and fondle her, you might still be in the hospital!

She got moody and didn't want to tell him about her problem for two weeks because - she liked her job, she felt she could handle Sam and she knew that her husband would be livid - he would have a right - what man lets' another man handle his wife?

A good story about two young and inexperienced people. He's raised to take care of her nd she is sweet and caring. As far as him over reacting and leaving - yes, he needs to grow a bit.

Thanks for a good story!

JLRemoraJLRemoraover 12 years ago

No fictional story is perfect. Neither is real life. If we divest truth from one then it becomes a fantasy, and if we fill the gaps with truths in the other, it becomes real. Mark is not perfect, and his character traits, although questionable, don't really make him less believable than someone who confronts their spouse, rather than leaving.

Some might say Mark is a coward at some level, but then again, it's hard to think logically or rationally when suddenly emotionally wrought. Nevertheless, running off for a month is extreme. But, it works for the story.

Overall, this story is pretty good.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
THOSE HILLBILLYs KNOW HOW TO HOLD A GRUDGE

but they can be persuaded to hear the truth,, TK U MLJ LV NV

norcal62norcal62over 12 years ago
Why the oldest of LW cliches here?

Immature male with little self control, cowardly running off from situation, and a drunken bum. What a basis for a story. Why would a wife want to reunite with such a guy?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I AGREE WITH NORCAL62

nearly all the husbands in LW stories are pathetic.

either stupid, immature, and/or feminine. feminine as in whiny, disingenuous, and materialistic.

i know the authors have to use some plot devices to move the story along, but the sensitive/dumb/weak/hypocritical protagonist is a shitty one to use. more often than not im hoping hubby kills himself, because there just isn't anything about him that i can/want to identify with.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wimps

You last two commenters I can excuse if you are women but if you are men then you are wimps. There is a reason that the runaway plot is popular. A guy is primarily physical and when you suffer as much as a guy who is in love and is betrayed then you have an overwhelming need to lash out. And if you really have feelings for this woman, it will hurt you greatly to hurt them and likely put you in jail also. So the smart guy is going to get as far away from her as he can. If you can honestly say you wouldn't feel that way in that situation then I'd dare say you'd better get checked for low testosterone cause those balls aren't working. And as far as the alcohol goes, its age old for drowning your sorrows. Some people need it to cope. Simple as that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Perfect ending to a perfect story. Why did he leave to not spend the rest of his life in jail-da. I would have to leave also if my wife did such a thing. Sorry but killing someone and spending the rest of my life behind bars not a choice I want to make. I will leave. Now do you really think he is a wimp-cause he didn't want to go to jail.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
SUPRISES ALWAYS LEAVES

elements of doubt for the eyes. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Good Tale

I always like reading about a non-cheating wife. The would-be lothario deserved a beating anyway so that made this tale twice a good.

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 11 years ago
A bit hot headed

His temper got the best of him again.

Rose told Sam, "We can't do this.". She dind't say 'now', or 'here'. He replayed the owrds over and over in his mind but he didn't hear what she was saying.

He's lucky she loved him enough to forgive him for his lack of trust

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Nice little 'TLW misunderstood' tale

But WHERE is the adventuresome wife??? This belongs in Romance, NOT LW.

nakdsubnakdsubover 11 years ago
I'd say he was a little quick on the trigger...

Not for clocking Sam, but for moving out so quickly. If there had been any evidence of her participation it would be different but he clearly heard her reject him. I took one star off that, otherwise I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Dude fucking deserves to have his balls cut off for the way he treated his wife. Even a woman who had no reason to trust her showed more respect and trust for her than he did, and he even HEARD his wife reject the asshole. Wish the BTBs got handed out a little more equally around here. They're a lot of fun, and when some trustless disrespectful cunt treats their spouse like that, be they man or woman, they need the full weight of some karma.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago

Interesting tale. Thanks.

phil2213phil2213about 10 years ago
Nice and short but to the point.

Title says it all. Very emotional and not wordy at all. Very entertaining ....Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A good one!!!

Nice, write some more

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Good story

but why can't the wives seem to trust their husbands enough to tell them when something is getting out of hand at work. Not wanting to involve your spouse in a potentially devastating to your marriage situation seems to be looking for trouble, to me. Shows him that you don't value him. When the husband is kept in the dark it emboldens the predator to ramp up his actions. Also makes it look like the wife is willing, just playing hard to get. Now, before you fems and libbers get all bent out of shape, that is how these "men" look at things. Fact of life in the story genre. It was gonna end in fucking, mark my words. Always does here. Predators attack weakness and an indecisive response will get you eaten. You can't be nice to them, you can't talk to them and you can't bury your head in the sand.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
If he runs off not knowing what really went down what next.?

She should move on. Short fuses always explode.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Always a favorite story

I love this story. It is well written and has an important lesson in it. The wife knows her husband and his temper so she tries to let the problem slide. The lesson is a very simple one, deal with a problem from the start before it becomes a major life changing problem. As it was eventually everything turned out ok so I have no gripes about the story. For all my BTB conviction I still love a story where the wife is faithful and the bad guy gets shafted the best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

He is wound to tight. She should warn him that the next time he leaves, he can stay gone, it is not worth the heartache.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail,com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Don't blame Mark

He is mildly retarded.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I agree with the comment made by the guy 2 down from this. And by the way you write good.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 8 years ago
God Story

For a change a real loving wife in the story.

Good read

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Finally, A True Loving Wife Story

Four Stars. Would have been five, but Sam got off too lightly. And hubby slunk away with his tail tucked between his legs. And he wound up in the bottom of a bottle.

rastageorgerastageorgealmost 6 years ago
Another story from this Author with a DUMB ASS Husband!!!

"Stop it Sam. We can't do this, it isn't right." Coward runs away from a situation that is Obviously NOT Adulterous. Be for real, all of you who think this a good story. Still gave it 3 stars because of the happy ending though.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Liked it

A rare true loving wife , and a guy with a temper like mine.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
This Is A Good Story

I am considered to be a big man...6'4" and a few pounds over 200 lbs. But I have a bad temper when it comes to someone messing with my wife. Well,, make that my ex-wife. My marriage didn't survive. Probably because when I left, my wife made no effort to come get me to come back. And we had far more years involved.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
That was lovely! 5*****

It was absolutely delightful. He had good friends and a great wife. Lucky guy!

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
CarterCounty

Wrote a few stories worth reading again. This was one of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Loving your stories

Im so glad I came across your stories, finally an author with actual "loving wife" stories.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Good one

I like your stories, and this was a good one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Mark is a drunk coward

And a piece of shit for running away like a little mama’s boy. His wife did nothing wrong and he just ran away. What a worthless loser. Not a man.

gingerhuntergingerhunterover 3 years ago
The wife's response to the kiss was poor

If the wife had no interest in her boss, her response to his unwanted kiss should have been much more forceful. An expression of outrage followed by a command to never take such liberties again would have been appropriate. What she said implied she shared her boss' desire for intimacy but could not proceed because of external pressures (both married to others, laws regarding undue influence of a supervisor in the workplace, etc).

If I were her husband, I would have found little solace in her words. He should have held onto that DVD. They should watch it together and discuss her response at length.

ctdansctdansover 3 years ago
I agree with some others

His temper will get him in jail sooner or later. Serious anger management issues. Ya, be mad at what you saw but wait five minutes for her explanation and some way get to see the video of what happened. If what she said was true she can go to the cops and get them after the guy for sexual assault. Even if it isn't, that gives them (cops) reason to view the video.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 3 years ago

A good story.

And really well written.

Almost as much fun reading the comments.

I expected opinions pro wife and others

pro husband.

But I was shocked by how nasty

some comments were against the husband.

Shame on those commenters!

They are more in need of anger management

than the husband in this story.

I agree that the husband reacted harshly.

Communication is so important in relationships.

But let's not forget,

communication failure started with the wife.

Her failure sparked the mistrust.

Because of that she needed to proof her innocent.

Husband didn't demand that.

That is the reason I give this story 4 out of 5,

instead of top ratings.

She needed to earn back his trust.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

Carter's heroes may always be smaller than the asshole, but they're tougher.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I agree with the others. "*We* can't do this" is not something you say when somebody is forcing himself on you...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Cool story,proves one thing .do not jump to conclusions without knowing the true facts. Even so rose should have communicated with mark on the job and the boss hitting on her. Getting drug on what he heard which really proved nothing and running what a waste. People can kill for even less.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

An average story. AA++

Cringo31Cringo31about 2 years ago

I found this story to be a fun read. Yes the wife needed to communicate better but I was happy to see the husband let Sam have it. Should have been worse. Thought the ending was spot on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

How seriously was waitress Sally trying to get Mark? She probably fucked him all the time while he was dead drunk. His trailer probably stank of sex and alcohol.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I enjoyed it, even though a bit long.

The dialogue was especially done well. It helped make for a very good read.

RuttweilerRuttweiler12 months ago
Too eager to be butt hurt.

See something and run away. Don’t bother communicating, don’t bother to settle yourself down and take stock. Don’t listen and don’t think. Just react and run away.

Seems to me that the only reason the guy would do that is if he thinks he’s already lost. If he thinks he’s already a loser. Sounds like low self-confidence and low self-esteem. Ya know, real manly stuff.

Two stars, because the dialogue was ok.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good story. But I never understood the running away part. No confrontation. No discussion. Just drop the mic and leave. Sigh.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Ah the run away strategy. No discussion. Works every time. Brilliant! /sarcasm off

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story. Have to say that the "drop the mic" exit while dramatic is not particularly smart. Hope people don't do that in real life. Confront, argue, fight, only leave when no hope or Carthage has been razed.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

These wives sure do love to pick husbands with severe anger issues and a proclivity for avoiding discussions that involve things of great importance to their marriage. Oh and they tend to drink a lot as well. I'm sensing a common theme here. Is there some kind of checklist for writing husbands that avoid confrontation with their wife in the LW category? Sure feels like it.

"Waaaah he kissed my wife." *runs away and hides* Honestly it was obvious she wasn't doing anything; he even heard her saying they can't do this, which based on his wife's personality, is her version of "this isn't fucking happening buddy so back off!" Sam was coming onto her and given that he's rather large and is her boss, she was just trying to defuse the situation without blowing a gasket. Rose is better off without this man-child to be honest. But of course they'll be fine. They've got issues to work out though or there'll be trouble ahead.

WolfOfTheWorldWolfOfTheWorld3 months ago

Good story, but the ending was wrong. He should have found another place to stay after his friend showed up. Or sent Rose away. Even if she didn't cheat, she still did not tell her husband.

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19813 months ago

Likely story she may have not done something then but in the 2 weeks before she definitely has done something if she was really so worried about it that she supposedly thought she was going to have to quit her job she would have told her husband not just take it and sit on it so yeah she definitely was enjoying it and more than likely done something just probably not at the office

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

Not bad. But, the wife didn't say/mention anything to her husband. Doesn't really pass the smell test.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 hours ago

Had to give it a 4. I would have rated it a five but husband was an asshole and had no faith in his wife or himself. I've never been of the assholes that just make a wrong assumption and run away, being the husband or wife.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous