Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
and here is where you lost me

you changed him from an everyday joe to a war hero, friend of royalty etc. etc.

shame

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
the local minister and his bishop!?!

Presbyterians fought wars to keep the English from imposing bishops on the Scottish church. Either move the wedding to an Episcopal church or lose the bishop.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 7 years ago
Orders of magnitude

Fun read, interesting character development, exciting action. Thanks.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
WHILE THE PUDDING HAS THICKENED

for the plot to unfold we must not forget Coda TK U MLJ LV NV

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 7 years ago
This is a fun story!

Thanks for the obvious hard work you put into this one. It's real trip!

Ironman52Ironman52about 7 years ago
What fun!

I am staying up late for Chapter 3. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

LONG WINDED BULLSHIT!!!! .

SouthPacificSouthPacificabout 7 years ago
Geographical note, and others

I DO like the story! However, there are a couple of major flaws.

First - the Taliban were (and still are) in Afghanistan. The Crusades were in the Holy Land of Palestine, thousands of miles away, so the chance of there being a Crusader castle in Taliban territory is absolutely zero.

Second - British titles. If you start talking lords and ladies, it is a bit more complicated (and a lot more formal) than you have written. Amanda does NOT become Lady Amanda McLough on her marriage - the title of Lady first name (e.g. Lady Elizabeth) is reserved for the daughters of Dukes, Marquesses and Earls. They get it when they are born, and they retain the title after marriage if they marry a commoner. If they marry another member of the nobility they then take the feminine version of their husband's title - e.g. Duchess, Countess, Baroness, etc, although they will still be referred to as (for example) Lady Elizabeth Frant, Duchess of Arundel, where Frant is the family's surname and Duke of Arundel is the title.

Any noble-born daughter of lower rank than Earl, and any commoner marrying into the nobility, simply becomes known upon their marriage as first name, Lady surname so, in this case, she will be Amanda, Lady McLough. In the example above, if Elizabeth were a teacher's daughter (for example), she would become Elizabeth, Lady Frant, Duchess of Arundel.

Hopefully that's clear enough, and not too boring!

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingabout 7 years ago
Hoorah!

@Long Winded Bullshit Anon 3/18 - to me long-winded BS is an essential ingredient in a successful art of storytelling. Thank you, Q, for taking us on this marvelous journey with this stellar story. Looking fwd to the reading final segment. Welcome back. We've missed you. You are easily my all-time favorite writer on this site. May you contribute again in future Legends Events. Mega kudos!!!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Thoughts

“He seemed like a nice guy. I wasn't an Angliophile, so I didn't make the connection.” – He didn’t recognize Prince Charles? Come on!

Um, “Bonnie Prince Charlie” was Charles Edward Stuart, I’m no expert, but I don’t think that appellation was ever used for the current Prince Charles!

Quite the ride!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Another Thought

Unless I missed it, she still hasn't told him what she mumbled in Masai. She was supposed to tell him when he told her the history of his tattoo.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great

Still loved it, but the first chapter was better. Also, neither Presbyterians or Episcopalians use Latin anymore.

Boyd Percy

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
Simple factory worker transformed

A fellow with low motivation and ambition has a secret past as war hero and becomes lead performer in an ethnic/cultural musical group. A young medical student emerges as a transplant from Africa by way of Great Britain. Actually the way all was revealed was a creative use of a plot device. The mutual telling of tales from the past was more than back story, it brought forward new people and additional cultures. A story within a story.

But, the I'll tell you about my tattoo if you will tell me what you said in Masai segment, while educational is still incomplete. What did she mutter?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 7 years ago

Plenty of action and movement in the storyline, but just not very compelling for me. Five stars for quality writing, but this is truly more a romance than LW.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Interesting

Well written and an action story but you need to proof read a bit more. Careful about going from first person to third and back. It's not good style or grammar.

A part of this story should be more detail about Kim, who began as a "loving wife" and who was her new paramour? Is there any revenge on either or do they actually just fade away? If so, it would detract some.

Seems like Ewan is just a super stud with all the magic pizazz. Isn't he at least a bit normal? A bit too much for this story. I assume we will meet Dr. Kroll again.

Tiny Tim

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 7 years ago
Very good so far

Great fantasy telling. Only one issue, very minor in the big story, no Crusades (or crusader castles) in Afghanistan. As an American from the Clan MacLeod, I really like the hero.

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7almost 7 years ago
Lots of fun

Lots of fun. Delightfully over the top. Five out of five.

I look forward to the third chapter.

Steve

amischiefmakeramischiefmakeralmost 7 years ago
This didn't just "jump the shark;"

this jumped a pod of Orcas!

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
Multicultural Drama

and lots of fun and love

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Proofreading Needed

I totally agree with Anonymous that more proofreading, or perhaps I should say better proofreading, is needed. I loved the story but would give only 4 stars because of the many errors. Perhaps it is just carelessness but a good author will not let this continue.

jackh1962jackh1962over 6 years ago
The Afghanistan castle

About the castle,he never said that it was a Crusade castle,but from the time period of the Crusades.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Castle

No medieval Christian castles were EVER constructed in Afghanistan!

rodryder44rodryder44almost 6 years ago

Highly improbable but a damn good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I no it's only fantasy. nice reed. slap hapy papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Can't wait for THE MOVIE .....

🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 ....

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

The story just gets better and better, even the second time around.

AnAncientAnAncientalmost 3 years ago

I loved the Masai combat! A great story overall.

When I was a young child my father had a job in Sierra Leone for a while.

And a couple of weeks ago I finished a short Romance about a Zulu girl and a European boy who met at University. Her sister came to visit, and both sisters were quite happy to wander around topless in their apartment with him, provided no one else was there. The sisters talked in isiZulu, and pretended to discuss if they should both marry him. Not dramatic like qhml1's story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Beyond excellent. Thx

6*

BJ

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

Too much unbelievable war stories.

030251pervert030251pervertover 1 year ago

I'm amazed as I read comments from anonymous users criticizing works of authors as if they are professional writers themselves. If you are going to be critical, at least sign your work the way the author has instead of being anonymous and hiding behind it.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Who said Superman was dead, lol. Love a story that's both entertaining and fanciful, like this one. I enjoy reading stories that aren't just non-stop sex to the point of being boring because it's mostly cut and paste. Looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another fun chapter.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

@030251pervert - Do you expect me to believe that your parents named you 030251pervert, or am I allowed to be smart enough to know that you're just some anonymous person hiding behind a fake name?

JimDiamondJimDiamondabout 1 year ago

Not much sex, but a well written fantasy. As a Scott I can't believe a real Scott would put much store in the fuck'n British nobility. :-) I look forward to the next chapter of your story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What an enjoyable romp 😀 looking forward to seeing what's next.

BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Bit too much and unrealistic even for fiction lol. 4 stars. First and last chapters are better.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thank you Q, love your tales!

somewhere east of Omaha

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman3 months ago

really liked part 1. This part not as much. Author many times makes the MC part Superman, Iron man, James Bond when he doesn't have to be just to make a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Well developed and written. BTW I appreciate how you introduce past events via discussion. Nice job, in a Five star story.

JPB NOT BOB

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8995 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories