Sort by:
  • 221 Comments (Page 2)
PattyMarieIIPattyMarieIIover 6 years ago
Don't usually read without a bit of wife sharing

I've waited for the last segment to leave a comment. I have to say that while I come to Literotica for some hard hitting erotica so I usually give stories that don't deliver a pass. That and the fact I tend to prefer stories by women authors since they tend to write more realistically about their involvement in the clinches. So, it speaks of the talent of qhml1 that as I pursued the opening page to see what he did with man in a skirt trope that I got involve in the story enough to read it to the end in one sitting.

This is an epic tale that has a bit of everything (except wife sharing) for everyone. It's good solid story about good triumphing over evil. OK, so it's a bit of a fantasy... but with any good fiction, it's necessary set reality aside. In this story, our hero shows himself to be a man of honor and valor in many arenas. On the battlefield, in his relationships and as husband and friend. What's not to love. Three times he managed to bring me to tears with his actions and romanticism. All women should be lucky enough to find a man as devoted to them as Ewan is to Amanda.

Five stars for content, five stars for character development, five stars for knowing how to end a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sorry

But the utterly ridiculous characterisation of the Brits in this is beyond stupid.

The British characters were as far from reality as it is possible to get.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thanks

Thanks. Not what I expected on this site, but enjoyed it thoroughly.

DadforfiveDadforfiveover 6 years ago
Utterly outrageous... And I love Every second of it.

There is too much serious in this world already. If you want to be depressed watch the evening news. Was this story over the top? Hell yes. For the histories of the main characters, even close to believable? Hell no. Were they meant to be? Probably not. But were they were, was a completely engaging and entertaining fairy tale. I laughed, I got mad. Some of the characters I wanted to kiss. And some of them I wanted to kick their ass. What else do you read a story for? Congratulations Sir. One more time 5 stars just isn't enough.

DoctimeDoctimeover 6 years ago

Great story. Lovely fantasy. Brings tears to my romantic soul. Keep writing. You are one of the stars of Lit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
What ...

... is this piece of crap - totally devoid of erotica - doing on this site??? This is not "Fantasia"; it's "Literotica"!! Flush your toilet in someone else's back yard!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
read it again and again

totally can happen ! 5 stars !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Radical

Would have given 10 stars ... tears in my eyes ... Thanks for writing such a beautiful piece.

Decal_lastDecal_lastabout 6 years ago
This Yank Was Over There Also!

Great story. Spent four great years in the UK. One trip for a golf weekend in Scotland. This tale brought back a lot of memories, smiles, and smug satisfaction. Job well done.

WoodbgoodWoodbgoodabout 6 years ago
Wonderful Story.

Another wonderful story.

Woodbgood

GrimmerGrimmerabout 6 years ago
5

This tale had it all. Even had a kilt 👍🏻

One of the best here.

peter944peter944almost 6 years ago
Excellent story

Ok a bit over the top in places and maybe a few editing quibbles, however; a great read and entertaining piece. Please write all the other "spinoffs" you mentioned would really like to see just how they turn out. Overall a great read.

rodryder44rodryder44almost 6 years ago
Through the Looking Glass

Almost forgot there was a Kim in the story. What an ending. Five stars.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 6 years ago
Above

Above and beyond the call! So glad you saw the fella in the kilt with his lovely black lady. Such a great story, fantasy is a good thing. Five Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Silly fella!

What an ignorant clown! Everybody, and sometimes even their mothers know that under every kilt is where they hide those five pointy things they call stars!

Enjoyed the ride - thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very well done

A few quibbles, certainly, but nothing that really detracted from the story. Over the top? Again, certainly. But, well written. I came here for sex stories, but instead, found a tearjerker romance that completely engaged me. If you aren't already writing more ambitious stuff, you should be!

Infantry Lieutenant Colonel, retired

tangledweedtangledweedover 5 years ago
Over the top or over the hills (and far away).

A far fetched romance that touches on all the usual cliches, but does it so very well that you can't help but be caught up in it. It's like the effect great pop music songs can have when silencing your inner music snob; you end up tapping your feet and singing along for the sheer joy of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I loved it.

Great story, this last part felt a little bit like stretching the story a bit, but anyway I truly enjoyable read.

if I can add my 2 cents, you tend to go over the top with your hero. The only thing he couldn't do was flight with an "S" on his chest.

And what about the ex? How come she didn't know any of his background?

In any case, just some minor details in a maginificent story.

Thanks so much for sharing.

PS. I also enjoyed "songbook". I knew some of the song you mentioned, but not all of them, so I was looking for them in YouTube while reading.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 5 years ago
5th read

I still cried through the ending. 5*+++

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I cried ...again

2nd read and 2nd time crying. Amazingly written you are easily the best author on this site easily.

chaoddicchaoddicover 5 years ago
Loved it

Very emotionally charged...sign of a top author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Why did I wait so long to read this

As has been said by many, "Wow, what a story". Saw the title years ago but didn't read the by-line, drawing my own conclusions about what the story could be about. Boy was I wrong, what a heart warming story, maybe a little out there but it's a story so who cares. Might just get me to buckle down and type up a story of my own I've thought about. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Lover of men in kilts!

My husband wears a kilt and plays the pipes. Being curious l was unsure what the story could possibly be about. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Well written and aHEA. Hope there is more to come.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 5 years ago
Thank you for making me laugh and cry at the same time!

What an epic tale!

I've been avoiding reading it for the longest time, but finally good sense and sensibility won me over, and wow, am I glad I did!

This saga took place over three or four continents, depending on how you categorize where he served. There was royalty in England, Norway, and somewhat in Kenya. He was a soldier's soldier, loyal to family first, countries, his heart, and all who were good, fair, and just. He loved fully and completely. Wow...

Yeah. Over the top. But in a good way. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Scots story

Great story! Thank you for sharing it.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 4 years ago

I'd put it reading this for ages but just decided to finally read it after starting on the hogue Chronicles and couldn't be more impressed. Just wish hogue and brother would get finished.

paulsubpaulsubover 4 years ago
A Romantic Lovely Tear-jerker

I worked my way through several of your other great stories and found this is one of your best. I couldn't think of picking my favorite of yours , but this ties with several others!

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 4 years ago

second read for me- It is still one of my favorites !

Thank you Qmhl1

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Pick a GD POV!

I skimmed most of this. This chapter, with it’s wildly switching POV just made me irritated. Not enough porn. Too much machismo bluster and pompous posturing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Q you is good.!

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 4 years ago

Another masterpiece. It gets better every time I read it.

Thank you for sharing your talents.

shadowjack17shadowjack17over 4 years ago
Infidels who do not understand...

Scotland and North Carolina are always going to be joined THAT closely. As a son of a Scotsman from Oban living in North Carolina I get it. Those who do not need to attend the Grandfather Mountain games. I have said enough.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
I liked it

Ignore the anon trolls, this was really good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Decent

Decent story,though I would have liked to know what happened to the doctor and Amy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Top notch

Excellent read. I’ve read it a couple times.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Presbyterian Bishop?

The Presbyterian Church does not have bishops; it has a representative government.

Nor is Latin part of its liturgy.

danbo56danbo56almost 4 years ago
heart warming

brilliant story would have liked to see how Amy and Dave got on and Robbie and molly possibly as different stories but fabulous read 6 stars for me

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Nice conclusion

Great ending to a heartwarming story. Curious what happened with Amy the cheating slut?

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984almost 4 years ago

Still a bloody good read after the 4th or 5th time love to see the story continued.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

For some reason my eyes were leaking. I’ve had those comrades in arms like this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Marvelous

Ok, I'm not nit picky. ALTHOUGH, I would suggest adding a small warning just before that part about "Jalapeno Haggis". I shot coffee out my nose and darn near scalded our dog. Anyway, I think it is an excellent story. And yes, I agree. There's uncounted number of ways people can be ugly to others, but skin color should never be one of them. (That includes red necks too!)

brownmobbrownmobover 3 years ago
about the 10th read

Still makes my eyes leak, must be the dust, this was the first story i made my favorite, and is still No 1. cant stop reading this when i need a bloody good story. Thankyou QHML1 cant thank you enough for this effing awesome story.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

Very good story, tears, happiness, hating the bad guys, rejoicing in the justice served, sadness for the cheaters and their faulty thinking. How can a cheater ever think their life would be better with the one they were cheating with there can't possibly be any trust.

Keep writin' we are hear waiting.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Great fantasy!!!

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 3 years ago
Q, Ya done good lad

I totally loved your story. I am partly Scottish from my dads side. His Mother was a Macgregor and his Dad was a Cameron. My Moms side is Swedish. I did a bit of piping many years ago but I always ended up with a fierce headache after playing for awhile. I loved the pipes but gave it up and past them on to my brother. He plays now and is in a band. I did keep one of my chanters and still play a tune now and then.We attend the Highland games when we can in the PNW. Thanks for the memories. To me the total story was awesome thanks so much. KUDOS WELL DONE Oh yeah I have the kilt and the whole kit. :>)

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Yes, over the top, just a bit, but a great story, and brought a few tears off of this old coot - who, according to Ancestry's DNA profile is 31 percent Scot - far more than any other ethnicity - yup, I'm a typical American mutt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What do you want from a storie.... I want everything. And this is it. Iam nearly 60 and I hade tears in my eyes in The end. So thanks for bringin me The story of The man in The kilt. It makes me feel good and I forgot to go to sleep. Sorry for bbad wright

The same as on top.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Another great one! Thanks! So enjoyable

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 3 years ago

Most excellent! Thank you for sharing this with us.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Well! Had hard time reading the last two chapters, something in my eyes. What a great story teller. I think Amy will get what she deserves and maybe the guy screwing her to.. Keep writing QM

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Five stars if for no other reason than one hell of an imagination ! ! I'd give even more for such a great story but alas, I've already used my limit. Thank you Q.

somewhere east of Omaha

northshore_bumnorthshore_bumalmost 3 years ago

God, I love this story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Damm, I hate the romantic ones..

Not enough stars on the page for this whirlwind...

linnearlinnearalmost 3 years ago
Amazing Series

Absolutely wonderful series, every single part was good. I did want to know what happened with Dave and Amy.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Twice now. Gets better except for that damn dust keeps gettin in my eye.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you for this gift. Your story touched my heart and brought back wonderful memories. I never was a hero like Ewan, but I fought my battles. Sometimes winning. Sometimes losing. I too experienced divorce and I too found the love of my life - an incredible woman and I still wonder how she chose me as the love of her life. I've read many of your stories and I've enjoyed each and every one. Thanks again. K

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, though Amy part was left open.

campomancampomanover 2 years ago

Man, can you write!

blkuserblkuserover 2 years ago

Probably the best of your stories that I have read so far.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 2 years ago

Stunning. 5*s per is no where near enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fantabulous! Loved it. Fulfilling and heart warming. Thank you so much!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It’s 04:48 on Nee Years day as I finish this, with having to blow my nose and dry my eyes. Just wish Amy hadn’t succumbed to a rat, I’ve been on the other end of that with a couple wives But seeing Amanda get revenge on the scum bag in her life and getting reunited at the glorious end of their set

bobareenobobareenoover 2 years ago

I thought that being a Navy Seal was the way of this genre. Nope, the author upped the ante. The cheating spouse was a bit of a cypher, given her ex-husband's stellar attributes. But none of that negatively impacted a very enjoyable tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you Q! So many times I see comments that say that this tale or that story is your best yet. I think that every time I read one of your stories and I'm right every time! Thanks Q.

somewhere east of Omaha

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 2 years ago

Great love story. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yet another gem in the portfolio that is Q’s work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Love it. The changing PoVs and first/third person mixups could do with an edit though...

Oh, and there are neither Dukes nor Knights in the Kingdom of Denmark. But who cares; it is a fantasy - and a bloody good one at that!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it! From laughing to crying in a matter of a couple of paragraphs. Well done!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved it. Yes it's a fantasy but an excellent story, well told and with the right resolution. Just as I would expect. I have only one criticism - Kirsty MacColl not Christie.

RamazaRamazaabout 2 years ago

The jumping back and forth between the characters could be more clear, but a side from that a good story, and to the commenter that said that there are no knights in the kingdom of Denmark, you are very ill informed, the title is in Danish “ Ridder af Dannebrog” or “ Ridder af Elefant ordenen”, the latter is mostly for Danish royalty and some foreign dignitaries.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

While all the parts were excellent in their own rights, the whole story is a masterpiece full of emotions and enough details to make it most believable. When I find holes or large weaknesses, I do not hesitate to criticize, sometimes rather harshly. But this story is for glorification only. Is this mainly due to Randi's intervention? Thx for this story.

6* +++++

BJ

TechumsahTechumsahalmost 2 years ago

Great story. Did Dave and Amy get their own story?

GrimmerGrimmerover 1 year ago

Still one of me all time fav’s!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A wee bit grandiose. But 'twas bonny guid!

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

Reread. Great again, no surprise there

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A pleasure to read, a little over the top but would not hsve been as good with lessor.

tallbet52tallbet52over 1 year ago

Well done, Q! I love all of your stories. I especially liked your reference to Amanda saying 'arsehole' in the Birtish style, rather than American. 5 stars.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Q sure knows how to turn on the water works. I think the ending was about perfect since it left a lot to our imaginations on how things turned out. Loved the story and sorry I can only give it five stars.

MVarroMVarroover 1 year ago

I‘ve just spent a quiet Sunday afternoon rereading this masterfully written tale, yet again. Thank you qhml1 for your writing. I am sure I am by far not the only one hoping for more of your wonderful stories.

BeeJay67BeeJay67over 1 year ago

A great story. However, it kind of lost something with the whole royal family inclusion. It sort of spiralled into a totally unnecessary fantasy which was neither needed nor required. It lost reality which was a pity. But it was still a 5 star read.

Drache111Drache111over 1 year ago

Very good story, i like it also because it is sometimes over the top.

OnlyInMyMindOnlyInMyMindover 1 year ago

Great story with a couple of clumsy mistakes. The last part seemed to have been rushed; the narrative switched from first to third person, sometimes in the same sentence.

E.g. "I had forgotten I needed My (sic) passport, and was near hysteria when I remembered the Colonel telling her if I ever needed anything, to call him, no matter the time of day."

'I' to 'her' and back to 'I' in a couple of lines. Doh!

I know its a fantasy but it's an urban myth that the British royal succession is that detailed. If it was, then my kids would be about the hundred thousandth in line to the throne (maternal line, I'm an oik).

The SAS would probably not want to put their faces on public display, however happy it would make some bagpipe player.

Still loved the story no matter how loopy it got.😁

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Four stars. I would have given five, but the last part was a holy hot mess of unannounced switching perspectives. A really fine story was almost ruined by careless writing and lack of proofreading. I could have gone to three stars, but the story demanded four. I mean really!!! JPB.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This story was a lot like a mountain road. You spend a lot of time and cover a lot of ground to really only go a short distance.

It wasn't a bad story, but it's not really the kind of story I come to this site for, definitely not the kind of story I look in this category for, and not polished enough to compare to the choices where I would go to look for this kind of story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another of the few that deserve ten stars in the scale of one to five.

An intriguing story made up of series of improbable events that put together made for a great story.

I could only wish that it could be true. Very well done.

Bill S.

JimDiamondJimDiamondabout 1 year ago

A sweet story. Thanks...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yes, over the top.

Yes, implausible.

Yes, Q’s penchant for syrup.

Yes,… Please sir, can you write another?

A Ten on the five scale.

spud65spud65about 1 year ago

I seem to enjoy stories with a military theme and this one was excellent. Both of my children are now MD’s and I’ve heard several stories about absolute self important a-holes doctors both during and after their medical training. Great story Q.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt12 months ago

Solid, love it! Might need an epilogue bringing Amy back into the family!!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I am halfway through the last page, but am so upset by atrocious lack of editing ruining a great story, which I will be scoring ar four stars. The continual pov flipping, often within sentences, is just to egregious to overlook. It should be five stars, but NO WAY.

JPB

ZyderveldZyderveld11 months ago

Hahaha I started writing my glowing review, then I read the 'atrocious' review left anonymously below. What a tosser!

It was a beautiful fantasy, and the pov switches, while sometimes a bit confusing, added a lot of depth. Story had me in tears a few time. Great writing.

KahunabobKahunabob11 months ago

5/5 stars. Found myself searching for the songs in the story on Spotify to listen to while reading. Yes, it's fantasy, yes, it's completely over the top. But it was a VERY fun read. Thanks for this feelgood trilogy, Qhml1 :-)

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Rollicking good tale. I just roll through the minor editing and spelling stuff because the story is the important thing. Thanks. Keep up the good work.

LMJ

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Loved the cultural mixtures.

MarkT63MarkT6310 months ago

Great second read!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

As the author says an over the top romp but thoroughly enjoyable for all of that. Enough loose ends available to cover a sequel or two if Q ever fancies writing them. If not we'll we all have imaginations as to what happens. Really liked this story it works for me on several levels. BardnotBard

HT81HT8110 months ago

Wow. Just wow. 5/5 stars!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...