Nothing is Ever What It Seems Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He was doing it on purpose.

She knew Jack was provoking and punishing her for leaving earlier to attend to their daughter. Hallie knew he would do anything as a form of punishment, and the children would always be dragged in the equation. Jack never hesitated to use the children against her or to control her.

Hallie walked in front of the TV, only part covering the large screen. One hand reached behind and she slowly turned the volume down. She could see the anger rise in Jack's changing expression. To him, she was clearly defying him. When the volume was low enough, she undid the loose knot on her dressing gown and pushed it back.

She closed her eyes, not wanting to see what would likely be a smirk on his face. You have no dignity. NO FUCKING DIGNITY, those words wouldn't stop repeating itself in her mind, as she let the gown fall and pool around her feet. She hoped this would be enough to entice him and temporarily put on hold the game he was playing.

His lips slowly lifted up into a crooked smirk. Taking the cue, Hallie walked to the bed. He pulled her to him and quickly rolled on top of her. He painfully kneaded her breasts, making Hallie moan in pain. He was oblivious to it, thinking her moan was due to pleasure... or maybe he didn't really care.

"Those little shits... the only thing they ever did for me was make your tits bigger." He said squeezing it even harder, his short nails digging and piercing into her skin.

Hallie bit her lip, trying to contain her cries of pain. In her mind, she tried to think of anything to block out the image in front of her.

But it didn't work.

Stripped of her self-respect, Hallie felt disgusted and dirty with herself for letting him touch her again.

She closed her eyes and mentally started to recite numbers, as she waited for him to finish.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The strong sunlight penetrated the room, waking Hallie up. She tried to scrunch her eyes shut, turn away from the offending light, throw an arm over her eyes, but nothing worked.

In the end, she slowly opened one eye to vaguely deduce she was alone in the room.

She sat up to her aching body screaming at her, especially her most intimate parts. Her eyes quickly filled with tears, but she quickly wiped it away, refusing to let it fall. To her, this was another day and at least she could live through this. It was a relief to know Jack had already left. He had some meeting with a client on Monday and would be gone for likely a week.

Hallie turned to the bedside table to see it was just gone half past ten. She loved the weekend. This meant she could let her children to sleep in, which in turn, allowed some time for her to sew new garments for her children- something she thoroughly enjoyed doing.

She stood up, but suddenly felt really lightheaded and her vision blurred. Maybe it was due to the lack of sleep or the pain. Hallie tried to rid it by massaging her temples. Putting on her gown, she was about to go in the adjoining bathroom when a loud bang sounded from downstairs.

Hallie froze in panic. She wasn't expecting anyone on a Saturday and Jack was definitely out. Her children were sleeping three rooms down and she was worried the person would soon be coming upstairs to harm them.

She had to act fast.

Slowly opening the door, she tiptoed outside onto the landing, but more noises were coming downstairs. It was similar to people rifling around the house looking for something.

She crept back into her room and scanned around for a weapon. Hallie spied her husband's prized golf clubs. They'd have to do she thought. Grabbing hold of one sturdy club, she tiptoed downstairs.

The noises were coming from the kitchen. She didn't have time to think it strange that the kitchen was where the assailant chose to be in.

Hallie stayed on the left hand side of the doorway to the kitchen. Her hands were sweaty due to her strong grip on the golf club. She peaked around and vaguely saw a man with blond hair. She should have recognised the assailant. Most importantly, she should have noted the man was not a threat.

Clearly, her judgement was clouded by her pumping adrenaline and her notable fatigue. Walking quickly towards the man, Hallie was ready to strike him when three things happened simultaneously: the man turned around, Hallie recognised the man and she heard Alex call for her.

The man held off the club that was about to strike him, "Hallie, great to see you too." He grinned.

Hallie dropped the golf club on the floor and smiled widely.

"Brad," She gasped, "Why did you not call me before hand?" Hallie looked around just in case her husband was still at home. His suitcases were gone and there were no other signs of his presence. She let out a sigh of relief. "How did you get in?"

"This little clever fella." He gestured to her son, "I knocked for a while, about to give up when he opened the door. I thought I'd surprise you and the kids. Haven't seen Alex for a long time. The little one I haven't met at all." He cooed at the baby. "Besides, if I called beforehand there would be a risk of your husband picking up. So, no thanks, I still value my life. I knew he was going to be out of town this weekend."

Turning to the side, she saw Alex eating breakfast cereal and Penny sat on her high chair with an empty bowl in front of her. She could see the nervous yet admiration expression on Alex's face for he had only seen his uncle once.

Brad had been in and out of hospital for most of his childhood years through to his early 20's - he was diagnosed with Heart Disease as a child. It was hereditary from his mother's side, which explained why she cared for him more than Jack. She felt that she was responsible. They managed his health well by controlling his diet and encouraging him to ultimately lead a healthy lifestyle, but by his teenage years and 20's that changed. Jack had always seen this as his brother's way of wanting to gain attention.

Brad's health worsened later on. After losing his wife and his unborn baby due to complications in surgery, he had turned to alcohol and drugs to mask his pain. It was surprising that with his heart condition, he didn't drop dead with the amount of alcohol and drugs he consumed.

It was a big surprise to see Brad again. Hallie could see Brad had finally put those demons behind him. He was back to his old self again. She was always close to Brad, even with the short time she had known him, but Jack hated their easy, carefree relationship.

To say the brothers didn't get along was possibly the biggest understatement.

They hated each other with passion.

Brad had not been an outright advocate of their relationship, but he was nice to her, which Hallie assumed to be his silent moral support. Jack had always grunted his disapproval with Brad. Therefore, Hallie never let on the extent of her relationship with his brother to Jack.

It was painfully obvious to Hallie after her marriage that even with all his success, Jack was jealous of his brother. He was jealous at the fact that their parents seemed to care about his younger brother more, completely missing the point that if they hadn't, it was likely that Brad would have spiralled even out of control, after the deaths. It also occurred to Hallie much later on that Brad could lead such a carefree life, whereas Jack had to keep a low profile and pretend to be a loving family man.

A week before their wedding, Jack had pulled Hallie aside and quietly demanded to know what the hell was going on between Hallie and his brother. Shocked, Hallie had explained that absolutely nothing was going on. Before Jack departed, he left her with a warning that his brother was a little shit who loved to compete with him and would do anything to take away things that belonged to him.

Hallie was shocked and upset that her future husband could make such a ridiculous statement. It came as no surprise to her that Jack disliked - no scrap that - hated his own brother. On the contrary, there really weren't many people Jack actually did like.

"We miss you too, Brad. It's good to have you back! It's been a long time and you look so well.

"We?" He laughed, "If you're referring to you and Jack, then I know you're trying to be diplomatic. Jack was not happy to see me last night. Although he did manage to fool everyone how glad he was to see me." He rolled his eyes, we haven't seen each other for at least 3 years and still his hate for me is still so all-consuming. Mind you I still don't know why he hates me so much."

"As for looking so well," he gave her a charming smile, "I guess rehab was great. Hot nurses and meditation worked a treat."

Hallie chuckled but also rolled her eyes. Brad deserved all the happiness in the world. He was like a brother to her. When Alin and Jared split up, she had tried to set her and Brad up, but it was obvious Alin was never really over Jared.

Hallie hadn't expected Brad to like her when they had first met. Jack was the opposite of his younger brother. At the age of thirty, he had already established himself to be one of the up-and-coming lawyers in the country. He was successful, highly intelligent and a family man.

Brad however, was a social service worker, working alongside schools. He quit his jobs as his addiction got worst, but now he was studying for his master's degree hoping to work as a clinical social worker. He was not as successful as his older brother, in terms of wealth and power, but he was definitely a lot happier. Hallie was surprised but relieved with how far Brad had come. At one point, she was worried he wouldn't live to see the next day. He had pushed all those away that cared for him, isolating himself...

Which you are also doing too - hypocrite!

Yeah, but I'm different...

How -?

Hallie mentally told herself to stop. She and Brad were different. Everyone wanted what was best for him. His decisions were ruled by himself only. She had a lot more things to consider.

"Hallie, are you okay?" Brad was concerned for her. She didn't look well. He knew most of it was attributed to his brother. He knew better to bring it up. Hallie was clearly in denial. He would know because that was what he did after the death of his wife.

"Yeah, w-we got back really late night." She changed the topic quickly, "Anyway, stay for dinner tonight?"

"What do you think I came here for? I miss home cooking - especially yours. You were a great cook even back then, I'm sure you've improved a lot since then. You cook, I clean."

"Deal!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Yesss, please don't stop. Please, baby you feel so good and big inside me." She purred in his ear.

She was riding him hard and moving like a madwoman on top of him. She was possessed, digging her nails into his skin as she climaxed. Inevitably he joined her and his eyes remained on her face as they both climaxed.

He stared at her lovely face.

Her wavy hair was sweaty and messy. She smiled that little sexy smile, beckoning and teasing him to the point of insanity. She was satisfied and he was the one that made her feel this way. Most of all, her liquid eyes were the deepest shade of brown, and staring at her always made him lose his mind. It was better than a dream, this was real, and she was real, here on top of him-

"Ryan, baby." The woman rocked herself on him. He was exhausted both mentally and physically, a soft purr jolted him back to reality. Quickly he rubbed his eyes.

Hallie's hair is not blonde. Her mouth would always lift up into a bright smile but also somehow sensual. Erotic. Her liquid eyes would light up in the throes of passion.

He knew that.

He guessed that.

He Imagined that.

The woman on top of him had cat-like eyes, a sharp green colour. She was sexy, voluptuous and moved on top of him like an animal. She was wild and beautiful. She was everything a man loved to have in his bed.

Everything Ryan liked - should like.

But she wasn't her.

She wasn't Hallie.

She rolled off him and snuggled close to him, "Babe, that's so good. You always give it to me so good." One hand drifted down to stroke his soft cock. "You know I thought I could get over how good you are. I thought," She paused and smiled as she felt his cock slowly hardening under her ministrations, "Every time I come back to you, you remind why this stupid no string attach thing I said sounds so stupid."

When he didn't say anything she sat up a little and kissed his cheek, her hand still stroking up and down his cock. She whispered, "Kelly Harris, it does have a nice ring to it doesn't it?"

She chuckled to herself, thinking she had him nicely wrapped around her little finger. "Hmmm, baby what would you do without me, huh? Only I know how to take care of you..."

Ryan didn't know whether to indulge her or tell her how he felt. After his soon-to-be-wife, Tiffany deserted him, Kelly, a so-called acquaintance had called him out of the blue to offer her condolences. She was available and told him straight she wanted nothing out of him in terms of commitment, though she never hesitated to call him regarding money issues.

He allowed himself to be used. He accepted almost anything she proposed, though after spending a few months with her, he knew he couldn't do the no-string attached thing. He wanted her and found that he really cared for her. She hadn't felt the same and laughed in his face.

It did hurt his pride, but nothing compared to what Tiffany had put him through. Kelly left and Ryan thought that was it. But over the years, he found Kelly would always come back to him for a period of time and then leave him again, especially if she needed something from him.

Ryan had realized he didn't really care about her. He was vulnerable at the time, and was glad she didn't want to be with him. However, she thought she was so irresistible, that when she decided it was time to settle down, Ryan would be waiting for her.

He didn't want her.

If he couldn't have the woman he truly loved, he would not settle for anything less.

"Ryan, Ryan. Are you listening to me?"

"Yeah, I am. You said no strings, I remember."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

He was so pumped tonight. After getting off the company's private jet, Jack was more than ready to party to his heart content. The client who he was due to represent on Monday was a close friend. His client was charged with attempting to murder his estranged wife. The case was a sure win for Jack. Although the prosecutors alleged possessed new evidence, Jack knew it would never be enough to incriminate his client. So, for now, both men would be partying in all the hotspots in the Bay Area.

Jack loved his freedom and it frustrated him that he had to hide his ways. It was also ideal to get out of New York for a few weeks. He had landed in shit a few months ago. That little bitch he hired as an intern really fucked him up. He couldn't believe she dared to bring a Wrongful Termination, Sexual Harassment and Sex Discrimination suit against him and his firm.

He had never lost a case before, nor even had to resort to settling out of court. But this little bitch had tainted his reputation and made him a laughing stock. He had bargained with her... well, more on the verge of threatening her that if she didn't drop the case, he would personally make sure that she was finished in the legal industry.

His exact words to her were: if you don't drop this case, I'd make sure you won't even get a job in the mail room at any law firm.

He could see her demeanour change when he uttered those words. He knew she was going to drop the case...

That was, until Ryan Harris stepped in.

Ryan knew the managing partner from rival firm, Morgan & White, and had introduced the intern to them. Not only did Morgan & White take on the suit the intern bought against them, they had decided to offer her a position as an associate.

That was a punch in his face. He had demanded for Morgan &White to drop the case, telling them it was absolutely ludicrous of them to take on this case. Of course they were the ones to laugh at him.

It sure had guilt written over it that a powerful law firm would be willing to take on her case, and especially as a pro bono. Jack knew it was a smear campaign against him. After all, the two firms were bitter rivals and had pouched clients from each other.

He couldn't let the case go on. It could take months for it to even get to trial. So when they had given him an ultimatum of settling out of court or going to trial, Jack naturally took the former.

To add salt to his wound he was dubbed the Intern Killer amongst his cohorts. Of course, before this whole fiasco, he was pretty proud of that label. Carter & Stone would only offer training contracts to Ivy League candidates, so competition was fierce - most young, beautiful and zealous interns did not hesitate to fuck their way to the top. This was taken great advantage by Jack.

But now it was a fucking liability.

Everyone in the industry had known about this so-called sexual harassment with the supposed slutty intern. No one ever dared ask him directly about the lawsuit, but they would drop subtle comments mocking him during social and business events. He was now a laughing stock amongst those fat, old balding fellow attorneys who used to be envious of him.

Jack was used to using those little desperate whores. But when he met this hot intern at a welcoming party at his firm, he wanted to know her. He had seen her look at his direction many times throughout the night. She was not a familiar face and Jack knew she didn't work at his firm. He would definitely not forget her, if he'd seen her before. He deduced she must be someone's girlfriend or wife.

But she wasn't. she was merely a friend of one of those poor third year associate. It was obvious that she was using the associate. Jack knew this girl had an ulterior motive.

He was not wrong. She had brazenly introduced herself to him. She was a fresh graduate and wanted to work at his firm.

She didn't beat around the bush, and to Jack that was extremely refreshing.

She was different.

For one, she wasn't Ivy League educated unlike any of the other associates. Though he tried to hire ones that were attractive, it was also important if they weren't dumb as fuck. After all, he was still somewhat aware of his priorities.

But Jack was enamoured by her. She may not be an Ivy League graduate but in terms of her credibility as an employee, he would be a fool not to hire her. The glowing recommendations from her college and from summer internships made it almost impossible for anyone to disagree with his decision. But that wasn't only it.

She had balls and challenged him, where no other freshly graduate would ever even dare speak with him. She had an aura of confidence that was so strangely attractive for a man that was used to getting his ways.

She knew she affected him, and she definitely did not hesitate to cleverly use it to her advantage. She was charming, sharp, extremely intelligent, and also beautiful, which led Jack to break the company's number one rule of hiring someone outside of the Elite colleges.

Jack had made sure he would be training her personally. She was his associate and everyone knew what that meant. Unlike other female associate, she was always subtle and did not throw herself at him. He liked a challenge and knew she was definitely worth chasing for. He knew the day when he finally fucked her, it would definitely be extremely satisfying.

But the waiting wasn't easy. Her mere presence was a tease in itself.