All Comments on 'Nothing to Talk About!'

by likegoodwine

Sort by:
  • 209 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good tale

However, the protagonist (him) should of had some justice. The antagonist (her) should of suffered some true pain (as well as her slut sister). A reasonable ending would of been for the partying four to end up with a shared and very aggressive STD.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 11 years ago
Nice Touch

Enjoyed he bit of impromptu theatre there at the end.

Well done.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
Jake, Ythebadger?

Except for that a fairly good tail.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Same problem

I understand that some people enjoy these types of stories for emotional reasons. However, for a neutral reader such as myself, this story has the same old plot fault. The husband is a saint and completely innocent. The wife, for no other reason than that she is a slut, is to blame.

Real life? This doesn't make any sense at all. After such a long happy marriage (the plot device to prove how loving and innocent the husband is) I can only conclude that the husband is a compete idiot for not noticing the so-called true character of the wife.

So, as a cathartic experience for those readers who feel themselves hurt and wronged and are still seeking revenge, fine. They don't need a well-rounded character. They only need a scape goat. But for other readers looking for real characters, this story is flat.

dmhackdmhackalmost 11 years ago
Reality

While I like BTB stories (come on, they're fun fantasies) this was closer to reality. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great Story!

Like all cheaters, she couldn't come clean; she had her children pass on her lie that her husband had seen her the only time she had cheated, when we know it must have been going on ever since she went for the "promotion". He knew it, too, which is what made him determined to move on.

She had incredible gall to cheat, when he had taken such a firm stand on her sister's cheating. I suppose some nut will say that he asked for it, given that he had banned her sister from the house. But infidelity is nothing if not a choice.

I liked his plan for the day he knew she would eventually show up!

Amazing how they can lie, disrespect, and betray you, but expect you to still love them and believe that they still love you. (The worst are StangStar's women; they believe that by sheer force of their "love", they can will their betrayed husbands back to them. They must be the biggest collection of seriously fucked up women in the history of literature!)

One nice thing was the children not pressing him to get back with Mom, even if they believed it was only the one time. Children do get in the way of their parents' marriages, and are often so used to being catered to, that they just can't imagine the perfect bubble of their world imploding through divorce. I like that they treated their father as an adult who knew his own mind. But then, maybe that's the way he raised them and treated them, now that they were adults. You reap what you sow.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Damn

A better ending would have Louisa really being his girlfriend and not his employee. It would be showing his life was better now than before and the whore really would have severe regrets about cheating. Still a good tale, just not great.

elHosedelHosedalmost 11 years ago
Good read...

...50% of guys would likely have gone this route. I liked how you explored his thought patterns so we could better understand his behavior. Most writers on here don't do that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Fine Story

Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous