All Comments on 'Nothing to Talk About!'

by likegoodwine

Sort by:
  • 209 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Cruel ending. Very good. Thank you

Buster2UBuster2U2 months ago

10 Big Blazing stars for a good story about a couple of skank sisters that NEVER can be faithful, unfortunately, one is married to the Main Character of this story. Good Job good burn. Thks, Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Too bad. So sad. Don't cheat. The assumption of reconciliation is a dangerous risk. While sometimes reconciliation may occur and even be warranted, it can be fraught with peril. Not only must the cheating party commit to repentance, atonement, and diligence to try to repair the breach, it also depends almost entirely on the aggrieved party and their mindset. In the end this means that you asnrhe cheater are NOT in control. Your spouse is a human being (hopefully) and may react in ways contrary to what you think is appropriate or reasonable. Also in this case, Martha knew her husband's personality and did it regardless. And she paid the price. She seemed truly remorseful, owned up to what she did, and tried to atone. And guess what? It wasn't enough! As an aside, I don't get the husband who doesn't confront. Certainly not in my nature.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Eh

MarkT63MarkT634 months ago

One and DONE!!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well written. Yes it appeared to be o ly one time, but she had been getting seduced via Nadia for some time, and the week off was premeditated cheating and a deal breaker, especially since she should have damn well known how her husband thought of cheaters, i.e. Nadia. And her being drunk? So what she premeditated that also to help get over the shame and the guilt. Again it wasn't like getting drunk and then making a terrible one night mistake. Nadia led her I to this, she took a week off from work when she thought her husband would be away, and she got drunk to get herself over the hump. It almost certainly probably wad the first time, as hubby was heading out on the trip and Nadia was using her was a wing woman so she could hook a 20 year older sugar daddy even giving up her anal cherry. Nadia needed her sister as a slut to pleasure the sugar daddy's buddy for a week of naughty sex. Problem is that Martha was married. She obviously got manipulated by Nadia. Doesn't matter. She blew up her marriage. Besides would have been more than one night if hubby had not disrupted her. And besides she seemed quite eager (while drunk) to suck and f$ck the sugar daddy's pal. In reality she might have bailed part of the way through the week, as she sounded quite distraught and guilt ridden, but then again who cares?

My only criticism is personally I could not just leave with no confrontation. He was smart not to try to confront at the house. But I would have taken some video. And just sent it to her phone along with a voice-mail, that I would be moving out of the house. Then let the lawyers hash it out. Dropping the divorce case is fine if she is being a harridan about fighting the divorce. But just never talking to.her again and giving her a piece of my mind comes off as cowardly.

The lie and twist at the end was both funny and brutal. Definitely efficient.

I like a good reconciliation as.mucb as the next guy, but Martha burned her marriage with her lack of communication, lying, intent, and premeditation. One night is bad enough, but one week is just a marriage killer in that situation.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well, finally, a rational story with actions and outcome that would likely be seen in real life.

5 Stars

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMom5 months ago

He should have been called Ythelimpdick. Yet another MC whose lost his balls

jopstorm1945jopstorm19455 months ago

Genious revenge! 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I get fed up.with authors writing about cowards, men who havent got the guts to face up.to the wives who are wholly in the wrong. Its pathetic. Keep on.running wimps.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"Why the deception?", asks the man who tricked her into repudiating her sister and is so smug about it. The same one who "pranked" her in their last meeting.

She shouldn't have cheated, but she'll be better off without that man in her life.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Nice little prank at the end. One time or one hundred doesn't matter. No reason to believe her either way and he's much better off without the cheating skank slut. Maybe she and Nadia can open an escort service and earn some money on their back, knees, etc...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The story was pretty good. I can't believe the people who read these stories who get so exercised over some grammatical or writing errors. The writers are amateurs, for heaven's sake. I wonder what that requirement-of-perfection thing is about.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Apparently some new work indicates that people who cheat on spouses - including women - generally aren't having a problem with their marriage, they just want some excitement or new interest. So I feel sorry for someone like Martha, who messed up and regrets it (that is, yes, I believe her). I'm afraid from experience that I don't think 'if you really love someone you won't cheat,' is true, unless you just want to set the bar for 'really loving someone' at that particular point. This doesn't mean that I would reconcile, it would probably be too hard to trust such a person again. But I'm not feeling as stony-hearted as general opinion requires on this site, I guess. They are not monsters, they can love their spouses, they have messed up their own lives along with everyone else's.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

One thing that always amazes me about these stories, is the wife’s reaction to being caught cheating. 90% of the time, they either expect hubby to be good with “ sharing” them, or they fight the divorce, tooth and nail. I guess my feeling is, if you actually loved your partner at one time, have the decency to let them have their divorce, and treat them fairly. “ You do the crime, be prepared to do the time” 5 stars.

Pjam1968Pjam1968about 1 year ago

A bit unbelievable that he thought he could lie about a second daughter, for sure his kids couldn’t keep that secret

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Good man responds to a Femdom agitprop slut with courage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

If divorce papers go unsigned for 3 years, the case is going to be dismissed for lack of action.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"I was certain of my kids, so I didn't know how she was able to discover the city where I lived." If you know someone's social security number, there are a whole bunch of online people-searcher services that look that stuff up. Renting an apartment, getting cable, getting a cell phone, etc. -- all these activities require personal identifying info, often linked to the social. All that info gets aggregated, and an address get spit out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Contesting the divorce does not stop it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A fictitious man had to make a decision. He chose to protect his heart from further hurt.

The author has him clearly explain his thinking, that is to avoid two people living together in misery. As the wife said, once a cheater ... and then, by defending her own sister's treachery, she showed where her thinking truly was.

The need for editing aside, the author wrote a good story worthy of a high rating.

A world class martial arts artist spoke at a father/son banquet I attended. One of he kids asked if he ever lost a fight. His answer: only once when I fell down running away. It is not cowardice to avoid conflict, It is strength under control.

THC

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

3 stars - for a runaway coward story.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitover 1 year ago

I did rather like this story, but it was so disjointed that it was extremely hard work to plod through it. The final one of these glaring glitches, in the last two or three lines was perhaps the very mildest of them all -

"her betrayal and our live together" - not a very major one this, there are far worse earlier on, but it does still serve to illustrate the point, and is handily placed to refer, cut & paste! Some OTHER person to proof-read BEFORE posting may rectify 98% of such errors, -try it some time, We ourselves are useless as editors, because as we know what it supposed to say, we think that IS what we see, not what it really is! And the best spellchecks in the world won't pick up when you go TWO bed, or go TOO work, or feel to tired to watch Grace-and-Attomy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was the most disjointed, misaligned piece of crap I've ever read. He gets off the phone with hid daughter, and then there's this flashback that makes no sense. He has a dream that's supposed to shock the reader, but it just confuses the eff out of us. Good story under layers of crap. OP obviously doesn't have a shovel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I do have to agree with FD45, as one of the anonymous does have a talent for writing. His little short story above was pretty damn good. Thanks for sharing it whoever you are. I'd love to give you credit, but I don't know who you are. Sometimes I really do think the comments are better than the actual story. (Insert rolling eyes icon here)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I've read this before but never commented on it. It was however a better read the second time around. I agree 100% with Ibeacham, in that it's a sad story, and I'd probably do the same thing IF my wife pulled that shit after 43 years and 2 kids together. I know she hasn't and won't, but I've learned to never say never about things anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If you put an exclamation point at the end of every single fucking sentence or word, you give unnecessary gravitas to said sentence or word. It's as if going to the doctor and yelling out all the answers to basic questions. Do you have insurance? Yes! What is the name of your insurance provider? Alcaminta HC! Is this your first time with us? No! I have been here before! I had an appointment before as well! It was at cardiology! With Dr Suckass!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5/5

Comments were humorous. Someone called him a wimp? He destroyed her. What does she have left but the sae sad lie as her cheating sister. His only mistake, though I doubt it would have made a difference, was to be more firm about the no contact with the sister. It was evident that she was weak, because she gave in to spend time with a home wrecker. Very much like a true life tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Normally I would give such good writing ad clever plot a 5.

Sorry. I felt so empty after reading I gave it a 1.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

why are these wimp so stupid

lbeachamlbeachamalmost 2 years ago

Sad, sad story. And believable. If my wife (47 years) did something against our vows I would leave as quick. I know she never strayed. Good read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

wasn't really an erotic story was it, no sex in it at all..

DrgwngDrgwngabout 2 years ago

The standard formula of the weak Mc denying what is obvious, avoiding confrontation, doing everything to avoid any decipher is getting really old. Do,these lw writer take some class and sign an oath to use the same methodology? I guess it is really easy in modern society to write limp wrist low self esteem Mc because we r seeing it in real life. Since nearly everything built and engineered in the last 200 years. Was produced by a certain work group, and it I said now basically a crime to be a white male, I guess the decline of the American empire is well in hand. Enjoy the fall.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, ended well and totally justified.

Les

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

4 stars. Started out a btb, but ended....?

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Obviously in few stories can the husband immediately confront the wife as the story would then be 5 lines long, yet we have people who will find a cucky story rather good though. Says a lot right there.

That said this could have been better but lets get one thing straight NO ONE WOULD TELL THEIR KIDS THIS "When she got my voice-mail about my imminent return to the house, she had just finished a fuck with her blind date. She was leaking cum when the highway patrol took her to the drunk-tank."

LITERALLY NO ONE!! You just had to try and make her even worse, which works on the lower ranged IQ readers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another wife becomes a casualty of the Martian Slut Ray.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

How does one forget he's in a tree looking in a window? And then step back and fall out of the tree?

JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

genius on his part for asking his friend to pretend they were lovers. hope she feels alil bit of how he felt when he found out she was cheating. im glad he not only left but was able to move on.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

What's it with these weak-assed men? Once you know your wife's not at work, but on "vacation", and she's lying about being in the house where you are, call he back and confront her? "If you're not home in 30-minutes, the marriage is over." That eliminates all the subsequent anxiety, running away, hiding from phone calls and sniveling BS.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Good

I glad this wasn't a RAAC story. She got what she deserved. Especially after the situation with her sister's cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Should’ve set fire to the mansion!

ZK

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

Sigh. This beginning reminds me of the story where the wife fucked Stikner(?) as a "Thank you." As here, he came home, finds her not home, calls her and she tells him she's home. Why the god damn fuck doesn't he call her on the lie?

/

God, how can he be so dense? Even if this wasn't LW, it's obvious she's having an affair! Jake even said he was covering for her AGAIN!

/

"never to see you again." - What about when the kids get married and have kids?

/

She said it was only the one time, but again, Jake said he as covering for her again.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

I almost feel sorry for her. Almost. She knows she paid a huge price for something that was not so great while she now has no way back to what she lost. Why don't people think about this in advance? OR, I suppose that most do and this story is about one that did not. Too bad.

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

An excellent way to destroy a selfish, cheating whore! The only thing better would be if she finished herself off. But I suppose that would be unfair to his children. So, nice job!

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

5 for you.

Good story and realistic fiction - I liked it.

Please write more similar stories.

ResmiHardinResmiHardinover 3 years ago
4*

the ease in which she looked, the content smile and the fucked out look she had and the ease in which she took the guys dick back in her throat, that was not a 1 time thing, martha got the friend, nadia got the fiend, nadia probably bought her along because she didn't want to handle the both of them, martha loved it and didn't want to stop and when she could hide it when he was out of town etc what was the harm.

Remember when they had that talk ad it sounded normal for them...that was the time I would of started looking more deeply into what goes on at work, too simple for her to go along with nadia's ideals.

The signs were there but love and trust goes into one and if 'nothing' changes then you wouldn't have known.

Boardman68Boardman68over 3 years ago
not the first time...

When he talked to her co-worker, he said he had covered for her before. Yet, she claimed it was the first and only time. I think the co-worker disproved that. Plus,

this wasn't a 'one nighter'; she had taken vacation for the whole week according to her co-worker, while Y was at the convention.

You don't do that if you are cheating for the first time. Plus Y commented on how eagerly Martha 'got to work on her lover' that gave him the impression they had done this before. Martha was much more like her sister than Y ever realized.

Makes you wonder how many of their 24 years together they were really married (faithful).

I was married for 7 years to my first wife; only to discover that she was only married to me for 4 years. After her 1st affair, I did everything to make it work...making changes; dedicating myself to make it work. When I discovered later she was having another affair...her comment was "well, you have changed, but I haven't".

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

Excellent way to tell the cheating whore to fuck off!

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Reading again

I love the way he took immediate action against the cheating wife. I doubt seriously that it was her first time either. Good one to read again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
That was a very good story

To bad you aren’t writing now.

tomc55tomc55over 3 years ago
Wasn't the first time

her coworker said he had covered for her before.

LoejtcLoejtcover 3 years ago

The summation of all LW stories.

The next to last paragraph sums up the realistic alternatives when dealing with a cheater. Reconcile and live with suspicion and lack of trust or divorce and live with potentially regretting your decision or thinking reconciliation could have worked. Suspicion or regret, every betrayed spouse must choose. For my money I'll choose regret because most reconciliations rarely produce happy marriages rather they simply prolong the pain and eventually end in divorce.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

When she got my voice-mail about my imminent return to the house, she had just finished a fuck with her blind date. She was leaking cum when the highway patrol took her to the drunk-tank.

Yup no amount of suspension of disbelief can make anyone buy that as something any parent says to their kids.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

What a weak bitch, led by her sister. He IS better off without her

5/5

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaover 3 years ago
Nice story but....

Johsun, got it wrong. It was out of revenge for telling on HER marriage. Nadia was out to cuckold Yvan. She convinced her sister to seek out a big cock with money, and that Yvan was cheating too, so she had every right to have something on the side. At least, that's my thinking as to WHY Martha was cheating. Glad he stuck to his guns and didn't try to communicate with her. He is better off without the cheater. Maybe another chapter to see Martha's side of her story...hmmmm. Very well written with a good standard storyline. Big 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Happy he got away

From that toxicity that would throw away a long term marriage for strange cock.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
As for his deception...

...I suspect the son or daughter will let the cat out of the bag sooner rather than later. I wonder what she will do then?

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
A good but sad story

.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not Too Bad

But I think Martha got off too easy. And there’s really only one way she found him in Arizona. One of his kids betrayed him. Wow, with a family like his, who needs enemies?

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

I like the story. Now I'm just going to have to imagine the bit where Martha got talked, or talked herself, into taking a week's vacation while Y was gone - knowing that she'd be fucking some stranger. And why the heck was the sister doing it if it was hurting? Was it all about money? For a while there, while I read about Y watching from the tree, I wondered if Martha was being blackmailed. Now that would have made for an interesting story.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Good story

I'm proud that the author decided to make the husband a real man. He didn't forgive the whore and kept his manhood. Not a cuck story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A different take

So many forceful comments made by readers about the story in their own heads. For all those who think Martha went to the mansion with Nadia, having it be the other way makes more sense. Remember, Y is only just at that point coming to face that his wife isn't the Martha he thinks he knows, and he had spent the previous several hours trying to find reasons for this situation to be something harmless. Of course he's going to blame Nadia the Slut.

There were enough clues left to make it fairly clear that it wasn't Martha's first time, and probably wasn't the first time with that particular man. Y doesn't know who the men were, or whose house they were in. For all Y, and the reader, knows, it's Martha's CEO's house and she's working on that promotion. Maybe Martha brought Nadia along as a favor to Mr. Big, hoping to hook her up with a sugar daddy.

Perhaps the author made a mistake in not somehow revealing more of the circumstances of that night, as well as Martha's extramarital history, to the reader. However the entire story was written from Y's perspective and he had stated multiple times that he didn't know any details and didn't care to.

English grammar can be a problem and I don't begrudge any author that gets it close enough to be coherent if there are a few bumps here and there. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Interesting

The same author cucks-out the husband in another multipart story in which the cunt wife has an 18 month affair with a younger man. This type of ending would have been far better for the other story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Either way....

A very tough call. That's what makes a good LW's story. 3 years was a lot of time to step back and look at things. Can't blame the husband for his choice. It was his to make. You can't say, 'He shouldn't feel the way he does'. He simply felt he couldn't live with her. Still, a tough call. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Annon Mr Calm Cool and Collected

Annon, Your either a moron or a dumb bitch. You call him a coward. Guys get screwed everyday in divorces. If I had the opportunity to leave a cheating slut like my wife was I would have done the same thing. Men always get the raw end. The only thing that kept me home was the fact while the slut was cheating I had a 13 year old and a 9 year old. So fuck you and your asinine opinion about him being a coward. He was smart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hey

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. She got what was coming to her.

fifteen16fifteen16almost 5 years ago
Issue

Good read which raises family relationships and how to deal with them.Like it or not we have to deal with those we don't like, especially family.In this story it was easy for him to shut his sister in law out of his life, Not so easy for his wife, after all Nadia is her sister and would continue to see her. Why wouldn't she, at the time she may not have approved of her sister but Nadia had not directly done anything to hurt her. Had he not not been so high minded he would have had a better chance of hearing what might take place. Not wanting Nadia around his children, well they were young adults and he could have discreetly talked to them explaining the situation, not to be influenced by Nadia.It's not possible to wrap young people in cotton wool to protect them the world, give them the facts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Cheated One Time Only??

Not likely! The familiarity with which she sucks her lover's cock indicates several trysts. And where was she when she asked Jake, her co-worker to cover for her on other occasions?

She loved the security her husband and children gave her. Why wouldn't the husband bail? He would have to experience unnecessary drama by staying, just to tell her he was leaving! Well written, 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Mr Calm COLD and collected..

..didn't love his wife nearly as much as he claimed. And although he talked a cool game, essentially he ran like a coward. An arrogant man with little in the way of courage. Three stars but then, I've always been too generous...

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
One time?

Tough call. Stay or split is a flip of a coin after so many years of marriage. More than once, much easier to leave. If the marriage was already weak, even easier.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
It's hard to understand wives like this.

They love their husbands and they cheat. I've read about them, written about them, and known a few, but I will never understand them. Well done!

Tootight1Tootight1about 5 years ago
good story

One of the better I've read.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Good story

He should have waited at home.for.her. Could have ended the same, with more satisfaction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
The writing was good....

but the story was stupid! He loved her so much he wouldn't even face or talk to her! What a pussy!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
with regards to nadia winning

In marriage or monogamous relationship the people responsible are the two people who consented to that relationship. Nadia is no different from the other snake in the couple’s garden. Nadia tempted her sister from her marriage, but it was the responsibility of Martha to say NO. Nadia successfully destroying her sister’s marriage (whether with malice or not) is no different than a lothario successfully convincing a wife to open her legs for him.

Martha FAILED to uphold the end of her marriage vows. The evil machination of her sister is irrelevant because at the end of the day Martha always had the power to say FUCK OFF.

Saying “Nadia won” is no different than pushing the blame for that marriage on the sister. A pathetic excuse to blame others on what’s clearly the decision of Martha.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I understand the hurt, but is 24 years of marriage and two children not worth a cooling down period then mature conversation?

I have a better question

Is 24 years of marriage and two children not worth a cooling down period before you fuck someone not your spouse?

CaOldDogCaOldDogabout 5 years ago
I agree with c24j

Nadia is the evil witch that pulled the strings and destroyed her sisters marriage for revenge. Mr "non-confrontation" lacks any common sense and helped with the destruction of his own life. Perhaps if Mr non-confrontational had kept out of his sister-in-laws life he might still have had a happy long term family. Well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Poor decisions

Said from the lips of the Sage: Hasty decisions lead to poor results. I understand the hurt, but is 24 years of marriage and two children not worth a cooling down period then mature conversation? I agree with some of the others, his deception was just as bad as Martha's. It was not the man who seduced Martha, it was Nadia.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 5 years ago
Re: Jareth

"to crush her at her lowest point makes him no better then her honestly"

Lol really?

Martha fucked another man, breaking her husband's heart and destroying 24 years of marriage.

Yvan pretended to have a mistress and daughter, to get his deceitful cunt of a wife to finally give him a divorce after 3 years of her dragging it out.

To even try to say that what Yvan did to her was worse, is beyond ridiculous.

Good story, but it's a shame he was faking the mistress and daughter. It would have been much better for him to have moved on properly, forgetting about the whore.

c24jc24jabout 5 years ago
@Anony's critical of my analysis of the story . . . I stand by it Nadia WINS.

Anonys critical of me (and/or my analysis of the story) . . . If you disagree with the analysis, maybe argue with the points I made, rather than coming up with delusional ideas about what I must be like. By (generally wrongfully) attacking me, rather than the points I was making, you demonstrate that on some level you have no real arguments against my points . . . you probably subconsciously agree with them. Thank you for that !!

Let's review the points:

Nadia (Martha's sister) is the real winner.

1 - She's upset at Y (and to some extent her sister) for revealing her cheating.

This is in the story. It's true.

2 - She plays a major role in breaking up Y's marriage. This is also part of the story.

As part of breaking up the marriage - She exposes her sister, Martha, as a self-righteous hypocrite (when she convinces her to cheat). This is what happened in the story, right?

3 - She also shows Y to be wimpy, and easily turns him into a liar (This is what I expect the Anonys were objecting to - But read the story - Y runs away. He admits he hates confrontation and that if he'd confronted Martha he might have stayed with her (albeit, he suspects, unhappily). This is part of the story! So he runs away (factual to the story), hides from her (factual to the story), breaks up his family (even if Martha is at fault, he's the one who left). Finally, pretends that he has a child with a woman - pretending he's in a common-law sort of relationship with her (factual to the story). These latter relationships are NOT true, but he'd rather immerse himself in a set of lies to make his divorce easier. This is what happened in the story . . . did YOU read it !?!?

So, like it or not, Nadia has gotten revenge. Y revealed her cheating, which resulted in the break up of her marriage. She then not only played a large role in breaking up Y's marriage, she also manipulated both her sister and Y into becoming hypocrites.

I stand by the assessment . . . the sister, NADIA IS THE WINNER, in the story as written.

And for those desiring to somehow point to my flaws for daring to offer one logical assessment of the story . . . well, I've got plenty of 'em . . . short, fat, bald, ugly, not terribly bright . . . somehow married to the same magnificent, intelligent, beautiful woman for 35+ years - my one and only marriage. So believe me, there are plenty of valid criticisms to be made about me without stooping to somewhat delusional guesswork.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
disagree with Jareth

The crushing was necessary and appropriate for him to move on and not look back. Thank heaven no Cuck ending. Excellent story excellent ending.

Jareth05Jareth05over 5 years ago
Unnecessary

The fact that he dumped her I think was good even .but the fact he felt he and to crush her at her lowest point makes him no better then her honestly

Still an interesting story though

gaforrestgaforrestabout 6 years ago

Enjoyed it, thanks for sharing.

chytownchytownabout 6 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing.

chytownchytownabout 6 years ago
Good Read****

Very entertaining, Thanks for sharing.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
Heartbreak hotel stuff.

You never get over catching your spouse cheating. The trust is gone.

Forgiveness? Yes.

Trust? Never.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 6 years ago
Awkward writing

He should get himself an editor, I noticed a number of grammar errors, mostly wrong tenses, and far more sentences that were just worded a bit awkwardly.

My first thought was that the author is not a native English speaker, somewhat supported by the super weird name he gave the protagonist.

PencarrowPencarrowover 6 years ago
A more realistic story

I've been having a reading binge of LW stories while I'm in bed with the flu, and the more I read the more the bulk of them seem cliched and very, very contrived. Nothing wrong with that, but after a while you recognize that real life divorces and LW divorces have little in common.

However, this story is one of the few that appear more realistic to me, especially when the husband realizes that he has to get completely away from his cheating ex for his own sanity and emotional stability. This reflects how I think I would react in a similar situation, and by denying her an opportunity to say her part it also deprives her of unloading some of her guilt (it's her guilt, let her carry the full weight of it). After all, he saw what she was doing and no amount of reasoning on her part could ever excuse that.

The last thing I would want or need in that situation is to have to interact with her. I mean, why have ANYTHING at all to do with someone that hurts you so much? By walking away he has treated her as dead, and like any dead person you’ll never see them again, so no point in even thinking about it.

By the time she turns up three years later he's had time to accept what she did and make some sort of peace with his turmoil, and now he's moved on and seeing her will not trigger an emotional breakdown. His brain has adjusted to his new normalcy and she’s now just a very bad memory.

And I thought the little deception with his house-keeper and her child was perfect.

Well done, 5 stars and thanks for writing it.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 6 years ago
Good story, clear and concise...

Don't know why so many people whine about the husband leaving without talking to her first. Why would he? He saw her with his own eyes and, for this husband, that was all it took. Marriage over; everybody out of the pool. Why give her a soapbox from which to pontificate about all the supposed reasons why this meant nothing, wasn't really her fault, and she'll never do it again?

The husband leaving without wasting all that time talking was fairly decent revenge in and of itself. If it makes you feel better to say he ran away like a scared little boy, then fine. Word it however you want, the end result is the same. She knew what she was risking, got caught, but then wanted to talk him into a different outcome.

She herself said, "Once a cheater always a cheater." She took extended time off from work to party with her "first time" boyfriend. Jake told Y this wasn't the first time he had to cover for her. She was probably influenced by her sister, but for all we know she could have been cheating for years and the sister was only following Martha's example. Martha knew what she was risking and it wasn't enough to dissuade her. She didn't place much value on the years they'd been married, there's no reason why he should. Good story, good writing, good riddance to a cheating wife. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
WEll

At least after Martha saw what happened wih her sister it gave her a life lesson. Not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
About cj24's comment

What story did you read? You are so far off base you're not only not in the stadium but you're in a completely different city. Anybody who thinks Nadia is a successful person is so deep in shit they have no idea of what is going on. Nadia is a slut and a whore and it's so obvious to everyone and that is all she'll be. A rich guy will fuck and abuse a woman like that (remember the guy hurting her by fucking her in the ass) but they will never associate with them. His ex-wife is guilty by association. Him and his children are better off without the slut. 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
For c24j

The story is very clear and very good. How a person can come up with the stupid shit c24j thought up. This is a story, not real, so I'd have to think c24j has some drama very similar to the story. Normally I wouldn't laugh at someone's pain but, you put that shit out there reacting to a damned story.

I hope you see the shit storm you made up for yourself by letting us see how stupid you are no doubt you were dealt with in a like. If you are as blind as Martha just get a large rock weighing about two hundred pounds lay down and have somebody drop it

andyinozandyinozalmost 7 years ago
Well written

I thought the highlight was the telephone conversation with Nadia's husband, when Martha thought "Y" was talking to Nadia. Clever.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 7 years ago
What heydog52 said.

Never should he have had a fleeting thought about getting back with her. Good story, thanks for writing.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 7 years ago
Thanks for sharing your talented skills as a wordsmith.

likegoodwine is a very talented writer. I am sorry to read such comments as posted here. I am starting to believe only people who can log on to this site are allowed to comment. There are so many rude comments on this site by people it's disgusting. Seriously, some of the posters are off balanced. I only hope these comments do not stifle the creativity of some really very creative minds who share their skills.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
This Story Is At Best Lukewarm...

Apathetic, dreary, gray, uninspiring, boring, without character or definition, all in all, just dreary.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
It would have been nice to see the sister get

Karma.

Decades thrown away for the pleasure of cheating on your spouse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
c24j my read on that comment

C24j is a female who cheated. Probably influenced by divorced friend. Remorse quickly followed. She wpuld have been perfect-oh so faithful wife-from that point forward but husband refused to have anything to do with her. Her children are courteous but avoid her and do not invite her to family functions.

She is alone and LONELY! She cannot understand why her husband would not take her back!

In her pain, she refuses to understand and accept the her guilt and responsibility for destruction of her family

I do not feel bad for her as other commenter does.

Two plus decades of marriage makes adultery an even more insidious act of betrayal. No reason, excuse, rationalization for such an act-even if it occured only one time.

Some spouses can work through the hurt. That choice is theirs to make and I do not think ill of them for reconciling.

I am glad I have never had to face that decision

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I disagree concerning previous comments

As far as I'm concerned, the guy is a wimp! He's hurt, but plays his stupid game because he doesn't like confrontation????!!!! WHAT A WIMP!!! So he runs off with his tale between his legs.

Maybe it's just me but, if it were me that climbed the tree and saw what I saw, I would have gone back to the car and got my tire iron and knocked on the door. They would not have been expecting anything, so, when the guy opened the door I'd have crushed him and found the others, did a number on the other guy, bitch slapped both women and told her not to come home!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous