All Comments on 'Now I'm Here'

by IABH

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A joy to read. The portions dealing with the alcoholic were frightfully real. You have done yourself proud.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 2 years ago

Great read. Needs another part though

mac1729mac1729about 2 years ago

A very sweet story

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 2 years ago

I know this is Fantasyland, but this is ridiculous. Everyone is an extreme something. Dave is the ultimate in abusive, alcoholic boyfriends, Adam is the ultimate in rich, caring mother's-boyfriends, Josh....well you have the message. Since no one I know fits any of these characters and I assume that few, if any people do, this is utter nonsense. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sweet, but too short.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow, This is the best story I've ever read. Thank you so much.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionabout 2 years ago

Damsel in distress as a main character. I dislike these types of stories.

Still, the writing is good, the situation is engaging. 5 stars.

IABHIABHabout 2 years agoAuthor

What must it be like to live in a world where everything has to be realistic in our entertainment?

Sorry, George. A laser sword? Nah. It’s not realistic enough.

Sorry, lady. Magic kids? Pass. We need more realism. People need to know people like the characters for a story to work.

For what it’s worth, Dave, Josh and Jenny are based on real people I knew. Twenty years later, “Josh and Jenny” have three great kids and one lazy dumbass kid. But that would be a boring story.

Who wants to read about normal life in suburbia? Where the hero likes to watch reality cooking shows while yelling at his lazy kid to put his phone down and talk to him. Or a heroine whose hips are wider and butt is bigger than in her twenties, and her husband loves it?

Go ahead and write that story where the characters are like people you know and life is realistic and boring. I’ll read it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I think there is potential with the story line, but there is little depth to the characters other than with Dave. They are just extreme stereotypes. Why do they fall in love (or is it just lust)? Is it really just physical? Seems that way.

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 years ago

Some of the commenters here would bitch if you hung them with a new rope. I am pretty sure one of the author’s intentions here was to entertain. In my case he cut the X.

storycentralstorycentralabout 2 years ago

If Josh’s father and Jenny’s mother marry, they are not in-laws. They are step-siblings. It amazes me how many writers confuse steps, in-laws, and half siblings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Delightful story. Why do people quibble about how a story develops? Or how the author develops it? Man, you have free choice; if the story is not up to your standards, give it a bye and stop reading that author's stories!! Move on to someone else. 5*s for this one!

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

Sinderella story, too mushi

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Jenny's mother is a bitch

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Mary met Josh at a bar yet she never considered Josh and Jenny knowing full well her daughter was keeping a drunk felon as a boyfriend. Surely she wanted better for her daughter!! Mary seems like a fucking fake!! She struck a lucky packet with Adam so she thought only of herself!! Mary is a bitch of a mother

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Her mother was an unlikable character, a bitch desperate for her next husband who caring for her daughter felt FAKE!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Quite wonderful, although with an overdose of sugar. 4*. Btw: If a man with a son marries a woman with a daughter, the son is the daughter‘s stepbrother, not brother-in-law.

inka2222inka22229 months ago

Sorry, 1 star. She got rewarded for bad choices with a great man, when a much deserving woman who doesn't make bad choices (including fucking bad boys 'cause they are sexy and ignoring good men) does not. That's completely unfair, and the opposite of entertaining. I easily give out 5 stars for "real" Cindirella stories, where a deserving woman who hasn't done anything wrong and just wasn't lucky in life gets attention of a perfect dream guy; but this one ain't one of them.

Pjam1968Pjam19688 months ago

Love is soo easy when there is money

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFire4 months ago

All you pricks are whining over the MOST ABSURD shit I’ve ever heard.

As for the story, I give it 2 stars because there was a lot of buildup and no ending.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt3 months ago

Great story!! Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIABH@IABH
2/9/24: 2 new stories are submitted. I have a few more I’m working on to come. Purple Haze’s conclusion is waiting Lit approval. Sorry it took so long. Music means a lot to me and I include references to it in my stories and even some of my story names are song titles from ...

SIMILAR Stories