All Comments on 'Now It's My Turn Ch. 03'

by Aussie Bard

Sort by:
  • 414 Comments (Page 5)
AnonymousCriticAnonymousCriticalmost 19 years ago
It's the same Megan

She had an epiphany twice, the first when he left the table with Mary and the second when she discovered he was dating. Her epiphany was that she felt bad (oh, yeah, so he must have also). It's still all about her. There isn't any expression, or inner monologue about feeling bad about how she made him feel. She feels bad because she can't have him if he winds up with someone he's dating. It's all about her. How about some revulsion that she could risk his life by combining drugs and alcohol? How about some revulsion that, if her plan succeeded, he would spend the rest of his life regretting the horrible behavior he never did and how it forced her to humiliate him? How about some revulsion about the self doubts she caused him or the lack of trust that might make it impossible for him to ever have a relationship with anyone, let alone her? Nope. SHE feels bad because SHE is hurt. Epiphany? No. Empathy? No. Self pity. Me. Me. Me.

His parents and Mary in chapters 1 & 2 put on the full court press to just forget and forgive. They magically change between chapters but Mary, who was blackmailed into not seeing him, comes to the aid of her blackmailer to help her try to win him back. Why? Why? Does she love Jack enough to do this for him? If so, she's modeling behavior to Megan that Megan completely missed. More likely it's just a plot device that doesn't make sense in terms of the character of the characters.

In this story, the cheating is not the big deal, it is the betrayal and the intentional infliction of pain on Jack. But he is left to work it out on his own. That should be nearly impossible to overcome. But he does it and we don't know how. There is the weakness of 1st person. We can't know what's in his mind unless he tells us and he hasn't.

It seems to me that the ending was predistined and the author twisted the plot and character traits to make it end the way he wanted. It was well written, but the story doesn't hang together in my opinion.

writingdragonwritingdragonalmost 19 years ago
Actually a very good ending

You showed a real situation, a tad bit overboard in the set-up but fools are what the world is made up of. Megan was the boggest fool in the set up Jack made the decision to bring her back based on two great facts. His love for her and the kids. Without the love for the mate the kids mean nothing.

Unfortunately too many relationships get back or stay together just for the kids without the love and it tears the kids to shreads later.

The third part was believeable and romantic and since it's a story it's allowed to be both.

By the way folks even though it doesn't always work out true love in the real world would make a try to get her back.

romaq7705romaq7705almost 19 years ago
not quite

I gave this story a 25 though I think it is well written. Megan in this chapter is a totally different person from the megan of chapters1 and 2. I was tempted to nominate her for sainthood while reading chapter3. But I still think she doesn’t deserve the happy ending she got. Though jack may love megan very much, love has nothing to do with them staying together. Love just like hate is an act of will. The question is, should jack stay with megan? I think not.

First, a feeling of déjà vu came to me as I read it. The author took the comments on chapter2 to heart when he wrote this chapter. The major elements for a reconciation are there; breaking off her relationship with sylvia, her owning up to her mistake, her suffering while jack thinks the sitiuation over, etc. Even sylvia’s near breakdown is a good touch but I still think this is too contrived, too sterile. I felt the author just humored the people who posted comments so they’ll agree with this ending. IMO, megan’s sin is simply unforgiveable.

2nd, to endear megan to the readers, the author changed the facts in chapter1. It’s unfair if it’s a deliberate act to mislead. But if that is truly megan’s recollection of the events, then, let’s analyze and see where it leads. I take it jack knows all these as these came out in therapy.

in chapter3 megan says Steve was on an ego trip and tried to make Jack out to be some sort of a wimp. At first I went along with it but his attitude grated and eventually I couldn't take it any more. "Steve," I yelled at him. "We both know that Jack had no say in this and that doesn't make him a wimp. He thinks he is saving our marriage, what we are doing is hurting him. If you want to continue lay off the comments about my husband."

From chapter1 jack hears steve saying "That poor sucker of a husband sure doesn't know what he is missing, or maybe he does. What a wimp letting someone else fuck his wife and in his own bed." I waited to hear Megan defend me but it never came.

Ok. Granting, megan said those word when jake left, the question is, does she know if jake heard her or not? Why we she afraid jack left her for good? My thinking is she’s lying. She never said those words. Damage control.

In chater 3 megan says, I needed to take a shower and afterwards decided to talk to Jack and tell him that was it and we could get back to normal again. He wasn't there and I panicked. I thought he had left me but his clothes and things were still there in the closet. I called his cell phone but it was switched off so I rang Sylvia just to talk. Her advice was to keep it going for a few more days otherwise he might be suspicious.

chapter1’s phone converstation, Megan said, "I guess I'll see him again. Things were ok and the sex was great but I was upset when I found out Jack had left. I thought he had left me for good or maybe done something silly and hurt himself. I still love him and don't want to risk losing him. When he came home Sunday I almost told him it was over and I forgave him, but he seemed to have resigned himself to what was happening. I decided to try it a few more times then tell him that I have had my revenge and it is time to move on."

Clearly in chapter1 it was megan’s decision to fuck steve a few more times. Again she’s lying and using sylvia to cover her tracks. Again, damage control.

In chapte3 megan says, To be honest the sex with Steve was disappointing. It was like being back in school with my two boyfriends. Sex with Steve was all about him pleasing him, I took second place. I did get off twice but it still left me with a feeling of emptiness and of being unfulfilled. It took me a while to understand why.

But chapter1 megan says:"Steve was fun and as I said the sex was great. As for his equipment, well it isn't any bigger than Jack's. I can't even say he is a better lover than Jack. I guess it was just different and the fact that what I'm doing is so wrong and exciting."

Which is it? Was the sex great or not? If she was really disappointed with the sex, why would she tell her best friend otherwise? If steve disappointed her, why would she fuck him a few more time? Another lie. She enjoyed sex with steve.

The therapist’s diagnosis is their life together had become plain, clean almost sterile. The excitement and naughtiness of youth had been replaced with predictable behaviour. megan had wanted to replace some of that sterility with a little dirty action. Unfortunately instead of getting her husband to agree she had followed bad advice and listened to Sylvia.

Again she’s using sylvia. but more importantly, what does “a little dirty action” mean? Kinky sex? I think not. She doesn’t need sylvia’s advise for this and I think jack would have gladly done anything with her. She doesn’t want a swinging lifestyle as the mere thought of jack dating upsets her. I think she really wants to have other men. She wants a cuckold lifestyle for jack.

Wow! What an angel! She lies through therapy and would like other men to fuck her and willing cuckold lifestyle for jack. Why would anyone want to live with a girl like this? Sure, she may be the perfect wife for a while but should jack trust her? she is a a selfish lying bitch and that will will surface again soon enough. Like they say, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

PookiePookiealmost 19 years ago
Characters defy how you defined them

You seemed to forget how you'd defined your characters from the first half of the story to contrive a happy ending. I can't ever imagine conspiring with a best friend to fuck another man the way Megan did, and still say with a straight face that I loved my husband. She and her best friend developed a well thought out plan to drug her husband, lied to him to make it seem he had cheated, put him through a big guilt trip over an affair she had staged, and then had her affair right in front of him. I would have to be one cold heartless bitch to do that, even to a boyfriend.

Look at the comments she makes to him during the week after the setup. She brings a man he dislikes into their house and bedroom, with him still at home. Megan seemed to go out of her way to really rub his nose into something she knew he didn't do. And we're supposed to believe she loves him? I don't think so. Megan's character is just impossible for me to believe.

I can't imagine a husband ever trusting a wife again after she drugged him so she could carry out a well planned affair. It's just not realistic. The story would have at least been entertaining if there had been some erotic scenes/twists to carry the plot, but there was little eroticism in the story.

It seems you wanted a happy ending with a good feeling, and really twisted the character development in the second half of the story to make it happen. Rarely do affairs result in anything but breakups/divorce, and very few affairs would ever approach the things Megan did.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Horrible forced ending

Once again, we have a writer create a strong set-up only to fuck it over for a forced illogical and unrealistic happy ending, negating everything that came before. They're back together because he thought of her in the mountains? Big fat haiy deal! Nothing -- NOTHING -- not her realization, not his so-called feelings make up for what she did. I refer not to the cheating but they way she went about it. No matter what words she uses, no matter how strongly she believes it, she could not love him and do that to him. Keep in mind the fact that if he hadn't talked to some people and figured out what she did she would have let him go on thinking he was the bad guy. Her remorse is only because she got caught. If she hadn't been found out she never would have felt any real guilt.

As for him, why does he still love her? There is not one true moment that shows why, only his words, and forced words at that because the writer wanted a happy ending.

rip32rip32almost 19 years ago
My Personal Motto

is never forgive, never forget. However, my ways are not the way of the world. This is a very interesting, well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Loved It!!!

What more is there to say.

The counseling was critical. I disagree with the writer who said that his reaction to Sylvie indicates his lack of total forgiveness for Megan. He obviously sees Sylvie, and correctly I think, as the catalyst for Megan's incredibly poor judgement. In his mind, without Sylvie Megan would never have stumbled.

I have enjoyed all your stories. Keep up the good work.

fakers51fakers51almost 19 years ago
Very believable

It took a long time to breakdown his reserve to take her back. This was a well written story with a lot of believable passages. The part where the daughter almost fell in stream after catching a fish,he saying anything had happen to her then Megan wouldn't have seen her grow. The melding of the families. Her taking penance away from men and getting jealous when she found out he was datin. On and on and, author you wove a fantastic story.

fakers51fakers51almost 19 years ago
Very believable

It took a long time to breakdown his reserve to take her back. This was a well written story with a lot of believable passages. The part where the daughter almost fell in stream after catching a fish,he saying anything had happen to her then Megan wouldn't have seen her grow. The melding of the families. Her taking penance away from men and getting jealous when she found out he was datin. On and on and, author you wove a fantastic story.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 19 years ago
The ending was nice, but

it was her cruel lies and almost vicious treatment of her husband that got her into the situation. Taking a lover was secondary to the way she did it. Call me crazy, but I would prefer the wife to sneak around for an affair, to making me believe I was less than I really am and then rub a local tomcat lover in my face. The woman in this chapter was not the woman in the first. If this is read separately, it is very nice. Read the first chapter and then this one at the same sitting and see if you can forgive the wife. It was an excellent story and done very well. My only problem is the woman in chapter one was a monster beyond forgiveness. She got better? Maybe.

Average-JoeAverage-Joealmost 19 years ago
Great story

As I said before, I like reconciliations and I wasnt sorry to see one in this case.

Most points were covered (Jacks lingering doubts, Megan's initial denial etc) and you showed that Jack and Megan's reconciliation wasnt just a walk in the park. You emphasised the time and work it took before they could even begin to fix things as well as the setbacks they expreienced during while attempting to work on saving the marriage.

I think you glossed over a couple of relatively minor points but it didnt detract much from the story. Nobody mentioned Megan putting Jack's life in danger by getting him sloppy drunk then giving him sleeping pills. Also, Jack’s parents also seemed to have undergone a complete reversal with no explanation given as to why. You could have at least mentioned that once they thought more about Megan’s actions, they decided they were wrong to push Jack into writing the whole thing off. They could have felt guilty about gently berating/blaming their son instead of supporting him etc. Something to explain why they went from seemingly blaming him to wanting to protect him (basically, you could have explained why they started acting normally).

I really liked the last paragraph. You seemed to be going for a 'everything is perfect, true love, forgiveness, hard work and emotional pain conqueres all' ending, then forced the reality of the situation upon us with Jack's reaciton to Sylvia.

With that one comment, it showed that Jack hadnt really released all his anger no matter how much he tried. If Jack could let go enough to completely forgive Megan, there was no reason for him to hold onto his hatred of Sylvia. Maybe he doesnt consciously realize how much bitterness he is still carrying around but its still there. Even if he is rationalising/transferring his emotions etc, his anger with Megan would still come out even if he didn’t recognise it consciously.

Based on Jack’s reaction to Sylvia, it seems likely that he and Megan aren’t back to where they were and probably never will be unless they deal with their lingering problems. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jack is still throwing Steve back in Megan’s face during every argument they have and that cant go on forever. Megan will resent it eventually no matter how much penance she feels she has to endure and Jack will never be able to love her like before as long as he keeps the anger alive.

If you were going for a 100% happy ending, I think Jack would have reacted with indifference or polite disinterest when hearing Sylvia’s name instead of hostility.

A very good, realistic, half-happy conclusion with Jack & Megan trying to make the best of something they could never get over completely.

Thanks for writing. I enjoy your stories & check your page almost every time I turn on the comp. In fact, I got pretty fixated and impatient while waiting for part's 2 and 3 of this story ;) (I hope you take my impatience as the compliment it is rather than a critism).

P.S. I could be wrong about Sylvia too. Maybe love did allow Jack to completely forgive Megan while still retaining his anger towards Sylvia, and the whole incident in general, but I don’t think I could react this way. Since I cant know how others think/feel, I must use my own feelings as a benchmark. I would have to forgive all the players involved or none of them (wouldn’t have to love, or even like them all, but I don’t think I could completely forgive one person while hating the other two).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Great Ending

Thank you for a wonderful ending to the story. Hopefully the moral and/or sexual extremists won't give you too bad a time.

wetapapwetapapalmost 19 years ago
excellent

i love happy endings, but only if they make sence. you did a great job on this one. realistically brought out the emotional feelings of all envolved. almost felt like you had been there in real life. can't wait for your next story, keep up the good work. a fan always.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Excellent

Excellent thought provoking story with well developed characters. Good job.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous