Nuë and the Djinn Ch. 01

Story Info
Nuë meets a Djinn.
8.5k words
4.75
25.8k
44

Part 1 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/02/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hey, everyone--

Long note, so feel free to skip it. When I pulled the Vanata novels from this site, someone gently blasted me with: "This is where we on literotica never hear from you again." (Hello, pretty).

I didn't think that. It actually didn't occur to me, and I began to feel badly when people emailed me noting the books were gone. So, I whined about that and the same person said, basically: "Then write something else that's fun for literotica readers and stop being an asshole," but in the nicest way (Hello again, pretty). So, I posted a note on my profile saying "Sorry! Hold that thought. I'll get right back to you." To make a long story even longer, this is it.

Nuë and the Djinn is a full-length erotic novel just for literotica. As usual, it's already complete. I don't want to post the whole thing at once, because what's the fun in that, but I will post a chapter daily, lit editors willing. If there's a delay, it's not me. This novel is similar to my other full-length erotic novels, like Siblin & the Siren, that are odd reinterpretation of existing folklore. I just find doing that really fun.

I personally cherish The Thousand and One Nights, which is this mind-blowing collection of Middle-Eastern folktales. For this book, I kept pretty close to the cannon for djinns. Because of that, it's not so much the blue genie and rubbing lamps and granting wishes, which is a Western interpretation of one tale from that book. And, besides the subject, I wanted to try an erotic novel concentrating primarily on non-con for readers here and try my best to sustain it.

I had a great deal of fun with music in this novel. Some of the traditional Russian songs I researched were remarkable. I play the bodhran, so I am especially partial to drums. I do find it a challenge to try to describe music in prose. I want to pipe it in during those scenes so you can hear it, but there you go.

My email address is on my profile and I regularly update the information there. I'll get back to you if you contact me.

My beta readers are frigging awesome. Hey to Bellie44, who keeps me in line and makes me laugh and always champions this site, and hadaly, whose spirit would be, I believe, clear as glass. Thank you for being honest. I don't know their lit callsigns, but they will know whom I mean: Hey to Psk., whom I've just met and like already, and also to T.H., with whom I have had some fabulous back-and-forths about the ethics of non-con and also about gender and art and cool stuff. Also, graysam, who spontaneously offers interesting critiques that have made for cool conversations. Thanks for everything.

I hope you enjoy it--

Harp (semiosis50)

NUË AND THE DJINN

Chapter 1

There was an old, poor fisherman who cast his net four times a day and only four times. One day he went to the shore and cast his net. When he tried to pull it up, he found it to be heavy.

-"The Fisherman and the Jinee," from The Thousand and One Nights.

Nuë was humming. It was morning, already warm. She had bathed. A bottle of scented oil was in her hand, which would feel good on her skin. The water came to her thighs. She stood on the submerged rocks and took her time, her hands moving slowly. She dribbled oil and set the open jar on a wide rock jutting out of the water, cupping her own breasts, running over her nipples repeatedly. Her hands traveled down to her belly, one hand going between her legs, briefly enjoying the sensations. The fingers of her other hand idly squeezed her nipple.

The oil was slippery. She began to rinse it off, bending over, her hair already clean and still wet, spreading and regaining color and motion where it touched the water. She thought there was something there, looking up, still bent over. It was nothing. She looked down again and then straightened quickly.

Her nipple. She looked around. Touching her own nipple where she'd felt it, she frowned lightly and dribbled more oil, reaching around to apply it to her back, turning her head a little, and felt a tugging on her other nipple. It felt so good that she froze, letting it happen.

She backed away, the sensation stopping. Her eyes darted around herself. She touched her other nipple and felt something brush the first, a small, sharp bite of pleasure. She looked down, not understanding, her other hand rising. Now she was cupping both her breasts. Feeling a brush on her inner thigh, she dropped her hands and whirled around, and then turned again to where she'd been. She looked over her shoulder and then down into the water.

Facing forward, Nuë began to move faster, dribbling the oil out, looking around herself. There was nobody here. She finally stood, setting the oil down, going still, seeing what would happen.

She wasn't sure. She thought she felt something, but it was so light. She concentrated on the feeling, and then she was sure as her nipple twinged with pleasure. Her breath caught and she closed her eyes, her head falling back a little. She was alone here. She would allow it to happen for just a small time.

The tugging became more insistent. Her breathing hitched. She didn't open her eyes. She was sure it would stop if she did. It was all going straight between her legs. When she felt a touch on her inner thigh, she opened them a little. She waited, the sucking on her nipples so good.

She felt an aching burn go through her sex as there was the lightest touch, pressing, finding her. Rubbing. She went still, not wanting it to end. She opened her eyes cautiously, looking down. Nothing. She closed them again. There was a finger going into her body, a gentle motion, pressing and withdrawing, doing it again. She felt herself swell open and she moved to make it easier, voicing a soft cry. Wet. She was very wet, the feelings building fast.

It was going to happen and it all stopped. She gave another kind of cry, panting, her cheeks hot, twinges of denied need going all through her sex. She felt several tiny pulses, sharp sensations. Then she heard footsteps through the brush. She grabbed her tunic, pulling it in front of her and turning to face the sound.

Matine came through the bushes. Matine stopped. "I'm sorry, Nuë. I thought I heard someone."

"Yes," Nuë said. She knew her cheeks were flushed, breathing a little fast. "I slipped."

"You have to be careful on these rocks," Matine agreed. "Do you want me to come back? I could get my washing."

"I have to finish and go, but thanks."

"All right. I'm going to go do my work inside, then."

Nuë watched Matine turn and leave, and then she turned to look at the pool. She should go. Hesitating for a long moment, she finally moved. She walked out of the water to the higher rock and sat on its edge. She set the tunic aside, her eyes darting again. Nothing. She lay down on her back, looking up at the trees overhanging the pool, the sky. She slowly spread her legs.

The sensations came immediately, something soft and wet on her sex, moving. She forgot everything, pulsing, the sensations only getting better. She was trying not to make any noise as it kept happening, finally putting her own hand over her mouth.

It all crested and she arched, her knees coming up, the pleasure taking her. She cried out, muffled, unable to stop herself, and it became a light keening she couldn't control, locked in it. She felt a sucking sensation and then she crashed over, pulsing wildly, her sex pressing against something that was real. That was a mouth.

Her eyes flew open and she looked down between her spread legs, her heels coming down. She was panting. Nothing.

But then she felt something that was definitely not nothing. It was most certainly something, like someone's hips. Nuë cried out, pushing back at a solidity and warmth that settled on her, something grasping her hair and jerking her head back. Another hand came across her mouth. Her legs were pushed open much wider. She couldn't close them. Something large nudged against her channel, which was slippery, and it was gone.

She heard the bushes rustle and her legs closed. She grabbed her tunic, sitting up and putting it on quickly, never mind her shirt, going for her pants, wading out. It was difficult to dress, her skin wet and the cloth dragging.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you were here, Nuë," Tari said, a basket of laundry on her hip, Nuë still pulling up her pants. "Did I interrupt you?"

"No, I was just leaving," Nuë said, breathing fast, reaching for her belt, her knife.

"Are you well?"

"I am. I thought there was something in the water."

Nuë walked quickly. She realized she'd forgotten her pot of oil on the rock. She wouldn't go back for it. She glanced at the pool, Tari kneeling by it to begin washing. Nuë slowed, waiting to see if Tari would do anything strange.

Something touched Nuë's hair.

Nuë faced forward, walking quickly, almost running now. She was relieved when she saw Feline on the path ahead. Feline nodded. They weren't friends, but they'd walk together.

#

Later that day, Nuë and her aunt Levsa were gathering wild pears. Nuë reached out, standing on the small wooden ladder they'd brought, letting the fruit fall to the ground, the pears hard. It was best to ripen them off the tree. They would be fermented into a liquor. Nuë was singing, her aunt Levsa singing with her, their voices harmonizing:

"Summer pastures at the hem of mountains; I am a child of the malkoha bird, How can I endure under this sky; My heart without love?"

On the last line, Nuë's voice sounded out lonely. Her aunt had stopped singing. Nuë looked, but she couldn't see past the foliage. She climbed down from the ladder, watching her feet, and jumped off. She saw her aunt standing very still.

Nuë walked to her, slowing as she saw what her aunt faced. Nuë sucked in her breath. A figure stood there, a long ash-gray robe, a deep hood. Tall, looming over Levsa, his hands covered in dark blue swirls and patterns, but those lines weren't put there. They were a part of him.

An ifrit. Nuë recognizing him from the stories Sidean told of them. A mountain elemental. According to the stories, he was a powerful demon.

Nuë walked toward them. She drew the ifrit's attention. It turned its head and watched her, although she couldn't see its features. She swallowed. This wasn't good. Maybe someone in Fada tribe had offended it. Her aunt was the mechi, the leader of the village. Other than tracking her progress, the ifrit didn't move or make any sign.

When Nuë arrived, Levsa took a deep breath and bowed her head slightly. "Ifrit of the mountains. I am Levsa, mechi of Fada tribe. This is my niece, Nuë. Do you require something from us?"

The ifrit reached for its hood with both hands and pushed it back, letting it fall in a single graceful motion. Nuë caught her breath. It was a man. Ifrit were demons from the realm of the dead, but it was said that they could take the form of men.

He was a large presence, tall with broad shoulders and big arms. His skin was darker than hers, deep brown hair caught in a long tail that fell behind him. His eyes were a piercing blue as deep and brilliant as the patterns on his hands, but they shone. His face was shaped differently than her people, less flat, his face more angular, high cheekbones, clean and foreign, impossibly beautiful.

Her skin broke out in goosebumps. She was looking at his features, losing all sense of herself, chasing it. He looked like something she had once dreamed. Nuë realized she was staring.

He disappeared. He reappeared in front of Nuë, close, startling her out of it. He was looking into her eyes, her belly falling out from under her. She shifted her eyes away, breathing faster. She looked back at him when his hand raised and the sleeve of his robe fell back, his wrist emerging, his hand covered in the blue lines. His fingers caressed her cheek.

Nuë's heart was pounding, not daring to move. She would have imagined his hand would be cold, a mountain elemental formed from the stones there, but it was warm and dry. Her cheek tingled where he touched her.

"Yes," the ifrit answered.

Nuë didn't move, her eyes shifting to her aunt. Levsa was looking at him blankly. He waited. Her aunt's eyes went to his fingers, still on her cheek, and then to Nuë's face, and then to the ifrit.

"Nuë?" Levsa said, alarmed.

The ifrit dropped his fingers, still staring at Nuë. "Yes."

Nuë stared back at him. Her people told stories of the mountain demons coming and choosing a woman from the tribes, but she had thought it was just a myth. According to the legends, the ifrit used the women's bodies and then killed them, or took them to rape in their mountains, to give to others like themselves to do the same.

Nuë began to breathe faster, a wave of fear going through her belly. She shook her head. "I'm not old enough," she said, the only thing she could think of.

He cocked his head a little, his eyes running slowly over her. "You're not a child," he said. His voice was deep, so resonant there was almost an echo.

"She's not nineteen yet," Levsa said, latching on to the excuse. "For Sidean, she can't marry until she's nineteen."

"I'm not here to marry her."

"Still," Levsa insisted, stubborn. "These are our traditions. Will you not honor them, ifrit?"

His eyes were holding Nuë's. "How long?" the figure said.

"Eight months," Levsa said immediately.

"I can hear your lie, Mechi," the ifrit said.

Nuë couldn't break his gaze, couldn't imagine doing so.

"I intend no offense," Levsa said carefully.

The ifrit looked away, Nuë able to breath again. He turned and studied Levsa. "How long?" he repeated.

"Twenty-three days," Levsa said reluctantly.

The ifrit turned back to Nuë, capturing her eyes again, his so intense that she felt like he would see into her mind to the fear there. "I have waited for you," he said. "I felt your light high in my mountains. I can smell you across the plains with no wind. This close, I can taste your spirit on my tongue. I will return for you in twenty-three days."

And then he wasn't there anymore. Nuë stared into the space left behind from where the demon had been, huge and terrifying. She turned to her aunt. "What am I going to do?" she said, breathing fast. "I can't run. He'll find me."

Levsa was staring after the ifrit, her face impassive, her eyes narrowing. "We have twenty-three days to figure that out."

#

The ifrit squatted at the edge of the Sidean village. Twenty-three days had passed. He could feel her light like a beacon, drawing him. Every time he thought of her, he felt a surge, aroused. He wanted her and she was so close.

The first time he had felt her, he had been deep in his mountain, something waking him. He had slept for a long time. He had concentrated, sorting, his heart beginning to pound, realizing what it might be. After so long. He had waited for so long, almost losing hope.

He had recognized her and felt a flush of the deepest relief, joy and then desire, the urge to rush and retrieve her. He didn't know what she looked like. He didn't know what name she went by. But her spirit was as familiar to him as his own, and he would find her.

Walking with his long strides down the forest paths, he had come down from the high places. He didn't bother with a horse. He followed her light. He had moved onto the steppes, long swaths of grass plains, wearing his ash robe, the hood deep. He ate what he found, what he hunted when he thought about it. Her people were nomads, ahead of him during the summer months. They went in their caravan on horses. He followed in their tracks, catching up with them in their lands in the north. They would spend the last of summer here and then fall before migrating to the winter grounds south.

She hadn't been in her village when he had arrived, but he hadn't needed to search. This close, he could taste her spirit, savoring it. He had heard her voice humming, the sound stirring, a deep surge that shook him.

Approaching the pool, the ifrit had shifted. He didn't go anywhere. He simply stepped a little over into the other world that accompanied this one, where spirits were visible as light. When he did this, he couldn't be seen by humans. It would have been confusing for him if the two worlds seemed all that different. But they didn't. Not to his eyes.

While he knew her spirit, he hadn't seen her body yet. He stood on the shore, watching her bathe. The water only came to mid-thigh where she was standing. Seeing her had sent a hot wave through him, almost painful, his eyes latching on to her.

He would have known her anywhere.

She was golden all over, golden skin, reddened lips. Her hair was dark with water, but he thought it would be a dark gold, too, and it was long, touching the water. Large round breasts deepening to red at their tips. She was tall, a tucked waist and round hips. Her butt was round, the pink jewel of her pussy in a setting of golden hair. Around her neck was a gold necklace, a stiff arc with a clasp. He couldn't stop looking at her, hungry for her, so hungry.

When he had entered the water, coming to her, leaning in to smell the sun on her skin, she had looked up. Her eyes were a brown that almost gold, of course. She didn't see him. There she was, in her eyes, his heart pounding. She had looked ahead of herself briefly, her face tilted up, a perfect angle. Images had flickered through his mind of taking her mouth. As she came up, he had reached and touched her nipple, his cock jumping.

She'd straightened quickly, looking all around. He was careful not to scare her.

By the time he was sucking her hard, tender nipples, jutting and dark red, she had to know he was there, and she wasn't objecting. She was offering her nipples to his mouth. When he touched her thigh, she had opened to him, offering her pussy. He wanted to feel her come on his cock, swimming in lust.

Her name was Nuë. The ifrit enjoyed the melody of it, so much light coming from her. When they were interrupted, she had cried out, his cock pulsing to hear the need in her voice

It went through him to recall what had happened next. When the other woman was gone, Nuë had hesitated for a long moment. Then she had returned and lay down on the rocks on her back and offered herself fully, opening her legs to him. His tongue touched his upper lip briefly, remembering her taste, remembering her pulses of pleasure against his mouth, her cunt slippery. So close.

He rose, walking into the village. He saw the Sideans, but they didn't see him. He saw the women, felt their light, each one beautiful in her own way, but no woman was as beautiful to him as Nuë. Ifrit often took lovers among the villages in the low foothills at the base of their mountains, or from the nomadic people on the steppes beyond.

He didn't know where Nuë was yet in the village, but she was here. His tongue touched his upper lip again.

As he passed, he looked at their dwellings dotting the plain, colorful round tents. The felt that covered the fanning wood frames, which could be broken down and moved quickly, was white that had been dyed with repeating patterns, crimson and rich orange, an cobalt blue like the markings on ifrit hands, carved and painted wood doors.

He passed one with a silhouette of blue horses charging across its surface. The horses appeared in the other world as well, the intent of the creator lingering. Art was a window into the other world to which humans were usually blind.

The Sideans were gathered together in the center of the village. Torches were set up at multiple points around a square area of packed earth, the fires for cooking behind them. Many adults of Fada tribe were spread out in a semi-circle. Levsa, the mechi, was in the center on a high pad.

Nuë was somewhere here. The ifrit felt the thrill of deep anticipation. She would be under him by nightfall. It was necessary. She wouldn't understand, not yet. She would probably fight him. But she would understand soon.