Numchucks: The Legend Ch. 15

Story Info
The Dolly.
1.2k words
4.84
13.2k
0

Part 15 of the 19 part series

Updated 08/31/2017
Created 09/26/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 15 (The Dolly)

Marshall Texas~

With Grandma Wisdom's passing came the move of moves. Pat (Sandra's Mother) and the girls (Michelle, Stacey and Melissa) whom were in Pat's care now after much debate of placement after their mothers (Gwen, Sandra's sister) death, moved into grandma Wisdom's house.

Sandra, Phillip and I moved into Pat's trailer. Now we were renting to own. But Sandra's job was over in Shreveport, Louisiana. Mine was painting with a local painter and he's a chapter in itself but anyway. The transition went fairly well but money got tight and an argument come between Sandra and I so I decided to leave. But Sandra was physically trying to make me stay.

She called the police and they came driving into the trailer park as Numchucks and I got to the road. They saw me and Chuck's so I dove into the woods. I look back now and wonder why I ran other than the fact that they were in pursuit. Well I had on a camo shirt (redneck that I am) and went into the woods about thirty foot and laid down behind some brush in a thick part of the woods. The officer came to the edge of the woods and shined his flashlight over us. I laid over Numchucks and covered his eyes so they wouldn't shine. Ducking my head and laying still, telling Chucks to be still as we did so many times hunting.

I heard the officer say, "I ain't going in there."

After a few darting sprints across backroads and fences. I made my way towards Longview through the woods. Walked all night to get to Hallsville where I called my Mother and she drove up (from Riverside) and got me. The sheriffs pulled up several times and asked if I was the one having a bout with the wife at the trailer park in Marshall since I was the only one walking along the highway with a big black lab. "Yep. That's me."

Riverside Texas~

The separation lasted a little while till one day Sandra came down while my Mother was up north visiting with my step dads (Al) mother (Mrs. Arnold). The hot tub scene would make a nice chapter in an erotic story so I'll omit that but the reunion began then.

Numchucks had disappeared for a week and came back beat up badly. Chucks couldn't hardly walk and it looked like he had been beaten and dragged off and left for dead. I called Sandra upset and Sandra drove down to Riverside and got me and I went back to Marshall. It took awhile before Numchucks fully recovered from his wounds and always had a gray patch of hair over his left eye after that. His scar.

Marshall Texas~

Thinks were still rocky and after a long while another spat between Sandra and I had me leaving again. With only one car and her at work I left a note and me and Chucks headed home to Riverside on foot. I waited and she never showed so I figured she was mad and off doing something else like visiting the Gambling boats in Shreveport. Come to find out she had a flat and the problem was she didn't have a lock key for the hub caps on the wheel. Someone finally helped Phillip who was with Sandra. (He often went to work with her to stock the cooler and sweep the parking lot for small change.)

Little did I know why she was late so I had loaded up some survival supplies onto a Dolly (hand truck). Tent, rifle, fishing equipment, can goods and supplies. Clothes and hygiene condiments and my raft. My plan was to hike to Palestine Texas then ride the Trinity River home.

Now this dolly idea was pretty good except it took a lot out of you pulling it up a hill on the side of the road. I would grab Chucks collar and he would pull me while I pulled the hand cart and it made the climb easier. Didn't take me long to rig up a harness that worked for Chucks to pull the Dolly all by himself. It was well balanced where he really didn't have the weight on him. All he had to do was walk and pull. Several people stopped and offered assistance but they were in cars and only offered kind words about the sight of this dog pulling this cart. Not offering us a ride to where we needed to go. One man in a truck picked us up and took us to his cut off which was at Martin creek state park.

Martin Creek State park~

This was where we spent the second night of our journey. The first night we stayed at an abandoned Truck stop at highway 43 and Highway 20. But the park offered serenity and a place to camp. The fireplace offered a place to heat the canned potatoes and beans. But the rain kept us in the tent for a day at least. Of course after a rain comes the humidity on a hot sunny day to follow. But Chucks and I took turns pulling the Dolly and stopping every chance we got to drink, rest and or fish.

I recall running out of water and coming up on a house near Tatum and an older black lady was outside watering her flowers when I asked if Chucks and I could get some water and she Kindly allowed me to fill my containers from her water hose and faucet. Loaded the Dolly up with resupplied H2o and off we went again. Numchucks would step into his harness when he was ready to go. As if saying, "Come on, we got miles to travel."

Tatum Texas~

When I reached Tatum Texas I had a couple of days to think about what we had fought about. I called her (Sandra) from Tatum only to find out she was at work. I called Pat (Sandra's Mother) to see how things were. The next thing I know Pats pulling up to Tatum in thirty minutes when it took Chucks and I three days to walk it. We loaded the dolly into the trunk of the car and headed back to Marshall. I ate and ate till I hurt myself. Numchucks probably did the same. Our outing into the wilds wasn't exactly offering some delicious and filling meals like a home does.

I was in the tub soaking when Sandra come home from work. I hadn't seen her in about four days. But she acted as if we had never left. Seriously I thought she would yell or fill me with hugs and kisses but no, she just went right on like nothing ever happened. Of course the adventurous tales we (Numchucks and I) brought back were laughed about for years. The Dog that pulls the dolly when running away.

This was a turning point and realization set in that we needed to become a two vehicle family. Of course it wound up being all we could do to keep two cars going and Sandra make the drive to Louisiana safely. There were even a couple taxi days where she took a taxi home from Shreveport La to Marshall. It didn't take long to realize we also needed to relocate or transfer.