Oaths to Keep Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Dead. A sword wielded right is not slow, and trying to just wade into my guard like without something else distracting me, is not going to work."

"Ugh fine." Amber relented, as she managed to shove her leather helmet back in place.

"So shouldn't I be using one of those goblin bows you have lying around?" 

"Yes, ideally you should. But you don't have any skill in it. If you had at least some familiarity with a bow from before the System, or had gotten the skill when the System came online, a bow would certainly be better."

Glancing at the sun to get an idea of what time it was, I came to the conclusion I still had no idea how to do that. Instead I called up my Notifications and activated the time stamps. 

It was almost noon when I received damage last, so the day was slipping away faster than I liked.

"Alright, we need to get a move on. Grab your stuff, and let's get going. Remember to refill your water before we go." I ordered her, knowing that if I let her have a choice in the matter, she would rather stay behind.

As we made our way slowly and carefully through the outskirts of town, winding our way towards the target I had in mind, I watched Amber carefully every step of the way.

To be honest, it was hard not to.

Even though she was wearing bits of pieces of goblin leather armor, her perfect ass was covered only by her leggings, which with how well they fit, might as well be a coat of black paint.

I smiled to myself, as I recalled how it had felt last night, when she let me use it for my pleasure. She might be a bit cross with me over the fact that I had not then bowed to her dominion, and let her wrap me around her little finger like I had in the past.

Knowing her, she would likely try it again soon, not willing to believe I would have grown a spine and learned how to resist her.

As if she had felt my gaze, she half turned. Her face was flushed like after a good work-out. While she was in pretty good shape, having to sneak around like this, climbing fences between properties to stay out of sight, while carrying all of our equipment, was definitely something that took some getting used to.

"You are just making me walk in front so you can ogle my ass, aren't you?" Amber complained.

"Not at all, that is just a perk that I am eternally grateful to my lucky stars for. Your class gives you both the Stealth skill, as well as a nice bonus to it, so you are the one best suited to be on point, able to spot enemies before they can spot you in return." I explained, not for the first time.

"I can't keep going, I need a break!" Amber whined, as she contemplated the chain link fence in front of us.

"I might have something for that, hold on."

I had been waiting for a moment like this. I knew from experience that getting a stat boost when you felt like crap was better than chugging a triple espresso.

Opening my character sheet, I selected the skill I wanted, and for the first time I activated my new Oathkeeper skill.

It took me a good long moment, but finally I clicked accept, and felt the changes take effect.

For Amber, I had chosen to increase her strength, dexterity and constitution by one each. Part of me wanted to just increase her charisma just to find out how much more irresistible she would become, but I knew it would be like letting Galadriel get the One Ring.

Besides, boosting all her physical stats kept her balanced the way she was used to, but just better at everything. 

For myself, I added more strength, intelligence and charisma. Each would help me address my current goals. More strength to hit harder and carry more loot, intelligence for another 5 mana to my pool, and charisma to be better able to persuade some more people to join our party, if we found any good candidates.

As the changes took place, I felt the surge of energy rush through my body, and I could feel my jacket tighten noticeably around the shoulders and arms. I was really starting to get top heavy, so if I was not going for the barbarian aesthetic, I should probably add a bit of dexterity at some point.

"Holy shit John, what was that?" Amber asked, once she managed to catch her breath after the unexpected rush.

I flashed her my best cocky grin.

"It's the skill I got because you swore yourself to me. It lets me give us both a bit of a boost. And it grows if I get more people to swear allegiance to me."

"I didn't mean to do that, it was just a bit of fun, like we used to have." Amber complained.

"Like you used to find fun, yes." I amended it for her.

Ignoring me, she continued.

"That skill seems almost broken, being able to get extra stat points for free!" She pondered.

"Well, not for free, exactly, I am not sure people will exactly line up to swear themselves to me."

"Maybe. But since I am the one who unlocked the skill for you, I should be second in command, when you expand your harem."

"My harem? It doesn't even have to be wo.. You know what, fine, until Becky finds her way back, you can be second in command, as long as you don't force me to step in."

It had been a miracle that I managed to get Amber to pledge herself, even getting party members had been impossible. But far be it for me to burst her bubble. While Amber was lost in her daydream, I pulled out a couple of protein bars, sharing them with Amber wordlessly. 

"Alright, that's enough rest for now, let's move!"

Drawing a deep breath, Amber managed a short sprint, jumping up the fence, getting a grip near the top, and riding the momentum to get her up and over.

"QUIETLY!" I stage whispered a moment too late.

Shaking my head, I followed her example, and tested the power of my own recently strengthened muscles.

It felt good, leaping even higher than Amber, easily boosting myself up and over the fence, landing in the perfect three point super hero landing, that I just had to attempt.

Okay, almost perfect, I did smack my kneecap into the tarmac painfully, but with Amber nearby, I bit back the curse that almost escaped my lips.

Hiding my limp, I made my way over to where she was quietly lurking by the gate leading into the street. Boosted stats or no, ramming my knee into the ground like that still hurt like a motherfucker. I was tempted to spend the mana for a healing spell, but I had taken no real damage,except to my pride.

Out in the street was the obvious cause for Amber's hesitation. A pair of goblin scouts.

Not very strong, even for goblins, they were apparently chosen more for speed and lack of self preservation instinct.

With their short legs, even a fast goblin would have a hard time getting away from a determined human pursuer.

Which is why, as I had learned lately, they liked to have a prepared ambush nearby.

Today I was thinking perhaps we turn the tables.

Pulling Amber back a bit from the gate, I quickly told her my plan, and even if she did not seem very eager to fight, she did as I asked and pulled back into the shadows between two nearby trash bins. Even though I was looking right at her, I could feel how her stealth skill activated, and made my eyes want to look anywhere else.

Satisfied that she was in position, I cast Grease on the ground just inside the gate. It was one of the beginner spells the System had assigned to me randomly at level one, and I had not spent a lot of effort leveling it up, so the area it could affect was fairly small.

For this purpose, it was probably enough.

A patch of tarmac, almost as wide as the gate, started to glisten slightly, as the layer of conjured grease made it slick as wet ice.

Now to lure them in.

I picked up an empty can from the nearby trash, and dropped it on the ground, then dashed from one side of the gate to the other, so the goblins would notice me, without getting too good of a look on me.

Then I waited for a long moment, silently drawing my arming sword, trying to listen to what sounds the goblins were making, over the sound of my own pulse beating a heavy rhythm in my ears.

I could hear them utter a few words in their language, then heard them move in my direction.

They were not running at a full sprint, just at a good jog, so they could get a good look at me, before I potentially got away.

I was not fleeing the scene, but they had no way of knowing that, without coming for a look.

Their precaution did not help them much.

As the first set foot on the greased patch, his feet went out from under him, sending him careening across the patch.

The other almost managed to stop, but not quite. He was trying with all his might to turn around, even as his momentum carried him onto the slick tarmac.

He ended up flat on his stomach, arms and legs scrabbling for purchase and finding none.

He was even worse off than his friend, as he had managed to shed enough momentum, that he was pretty much trapped on the grease. While his friend had taken a harder fall, he had also been carried out of the greased area, and was struggling to get back on his feet, instinctively knowing that it would cost him his life, if he reacted too slowly.

I rushed forward, carefully avoiding the grease, and managed to land a heavy blow across his back, even as he tried to get up from all four. Instead the momentum of my blow had him flat on the ground again.

The damage was not great.

Hit armor mitigated a good chunk of it. Slashing attacks against any sort of armor, was usually not that great, but the angle had been bad for a thrust.

Face down, flat on the ground, he did not have many options.

Like most goblin scouts, other than his rags and leather armor, he carried a large knife and a bow.

Usually they would pepper me with arrows from afar, if they managed to get the drop on me, then try to kite me. The knife was mostly just for truly desperate situations.

So as I came in for another strike, he twisted and rolled like a ferret with fleas, and tried to stab my foot with his knife.

It was not difficult to time it, so that I lifted my foot free of his stab at the last instant, then stomped down on his wrist, trapping his weapon.

I could feel how my higher intelligence stat was starting to give me a solid edge against goblins. Able to think so fast, that my every move was like a trained reflex, and my trained reflexes were starting to look like acts of precognition.

With his weapon trapped, and unable to get away from me, it was an easy task to reverse my grip on my sword, and plunge it tip first into the chest of my enemy.

Even if the slash had a hard time getting through the leather, a thrust easily found its way through both armor and sternum, ending the goblin in a fast and humane way.

As my blade found his heart, he let out a faint "Hngh" as his last breath was driven from his lungs. 

I pulled my blade from his corpse, and whirled to face the other goblin.

He was still moving, getting to the edge of the greased area, but Amber had not been idle.

His torso was decorated by knife handles sticking out at angles that would indicate the blades were hidden inside his flesh.

As I took in the scene, the little guy did his best to deflect Amber's barrage of thrown knives with his own, taking on in the chest for his troubles.

With his other hand, he was desperately tugging on a horn hooked to his belt. Suddenly it came free, and with a jerk he brought it to his lips.

Done playing around, I lunged forward, doing my best to align the edge of my sword just right, twisting my torso and putting all the power I could into the swing.

He did manage a tiny "toot" before I took his head clean off, but the wet thud of his head hitting the tarmac was almost as loud.

I could only hope the ambush crew was not close enough to get a clear bead on where the sound came from, but I knew we had better not dawdle.

While I could usually manage to kite a group like that, it took up a lot of time. Time that I did not want to spend on that today.

"Quick, loot that one!" I stage whispered, indicating the fallen goblin closest to Amber, while I turned to loot my first kill.

"I don't know how!" Amber whispered loudly back. 

I had read somewhere that whispering like this actually carried further than just talking, but it was hard not to in the heat of the moment. Having been forced to go solo until now, I had no experience chatting to party members with this level of adrenaline coursing through my veins.

"Touch it, and just think 'loot' at it, and the system will do the rest." 

The loot from my victim was meager, but I had not expected anything else. The main thing was that as I looted him, his corpse dissolved into motes of light.

A few splatters of blood remained, but most of the evidence of our fight was gone, just like that.

Turning around, I saw that Amber had been a bit luckier on the loot roll than me. She stood there holding almost a full set of goblin scout leathers and a bunch of arrows.

It looked like a rather awkward bundle, and while I was usually a loot fiend, right now I did not want us burdened by it.

"Quick, trash it!" I whispered, as I stepped around the grease and joined her by the bins.

"How do I do that?" Amber asked, as she scrunched her face, looking at the bundle of items.

"Like this!" I said, grabbing it from her, and shoving it down the side of a trash bin, making sure it was covered by the trash already in there.

"Oh. Yeah, I could do that."

"Think you can make it up that drainpipe and up to that balcony?" I asked her, indicating a balcony two floors up.

"I don't know, it looks dangerous..." Amber started to complain.

Then the sound of several someones running in our general direction inspired her to try anyway.

Despite her lack of confidence, she managed to scale the building like squirrel running up its favorite tree. She might not be used to it yet, but her thief skills gave her a huge boost in such activities.

I followed her more through sheer strength, pulling myself up as fast as I could.

As I reached the balcony, a pack of goblins came through the gate.

A couple of them slipped on the still greasy ground, causing enough distraction and noise that it easily covered any I made, as I pulled myself onto the balcony.

It was a tiny little balcony, barely large enough for one of those tiny café tables and a metal folding chair, so the owner could have their coffee outside in the morning.

Fortunately it would seem they had not left it locked, so Amber was already quietly scooting inside, staying low the entire time.

Either it was her thief skills kicking in, or she was adjusting to this new life faster than I had thought she would.

As I made it inside, I slid the door closed behind me, careful not to make any noise.

We were inside a tiny studio apartment. From the looks of it, it was a bachelor pad, with a desk sporting what was obviously a gamer rig, complete with three large monitors, and a pile of mold that was once a pizza. Other than the gaming station, there was a large rumpled bed, a huge wall mounted TV, and a kitchen area piled high with dirty dishes. 

Amber sat on the bed, leaning back and let out a breath full of tension, and I slid to the floor, leaning against the bed.

We sat there for a while, listening to the goblins below poking around at random for a couple of minutes, before they seemed to wander off.

As I sat there listening for signs that they were still lurking nearby, I noticed Amber was squirming around quite a bit.

"Are you hurt?" I asked her quietly.

"No, I'm fine." She said, squirming around, thighs rubbing against each other.

"You don't seem fine. Tell me what's going on." I urged her.

"I am so fucking horny, I just helped kill that thing, and there are more of them out there wanting to kill us in return, and I should be terrified, but instead my pussy is so fucking wet, and I feel like if I don't get an orgasm right now I will burst!" She blurted out, her face aghast at her level of honesty with me, but I had been careless phrasing my request, making her System enforced oath force her to confess.

"Oh. Yeah, post murder boner is a thing. I guess it is the body celebrating that you are still alive after combat." 

"That's crazy! Why is it even a thing? It is driving me crazy!" Amber added, frustration and disbelief obvious in equal measure.

Looking at her squirming, squeezing her thighs together, and knowing the reason why, was honestly getting me even harder than just the post murder boner alone.

"You know, I could help you out with that.." I said suggestively, as I turned around and put a hand just above her knee.

"Hah, yeah you would like that, but we still don't have any condoms..." She began, rolling her eyes, but doing nothing to stop me from sliding my hand further up her thigh.

"There ARE other ways I can get you off than just straight up fucking, you know."

"Like what are you... you know what, fine, I need a bit of release SO much right now!" Amber said, opening her legs slightly, which I took as a signal to slide my other hand up her other thigh.

"God, don't tease me too much, I will explode!" Amber moaned.

"Alright." I agreed.

Giving in to my own urges, my hands reached her waistband, and I pulled down, causing her to lift her ass slightly, letting me slide her tights and leg armor off of her silky smooth legs, and bringing into view her glorious pussy, no pubes in sight, lips glistening, pink and swollen with her lust.

"You are so smooth!" I remarked in wonder.

"Had it lasered. Less talk. More giving me an orgasm!" Amber urged, opening her thighs for me as I started to lean in.

The scent of her was marvelous, a bit salty, a bit floral, very feminine, and it sent signals through my brain that made me harden even more. I was briefly grateful that I was not wearing any sort of metal armor, as I figured my cock straining against solid steel would be more painful than just my jeans.

Still, I opened my pants to relieve the pressure, as I leaned in, my lips meeting her nether lips.

"YESSS" Amber moaned, as my tongue spread her lips and made first contact with her clit.

"Thilent pleathe, we don't want the goblinth to hear uth." I muttered, as I plunged my face against her crotch, searching her soaking wet pussy with my tongue, getting to taste her at long last, as I had used to dream about.

Reality was even better than what my teenage mind had conjured up in its dreams.

Lapping up her juices, tasting her nectar, sent spikes of pleasure through my body, and I felt like I might even cum from licking her, before she did.

It helped a little on my immediate risk of cumming, when I started to focus more on bringing her pleasure, rather than lapping up all of her delicious juices.

I started tracing various shapes across her clit and hood with my tongue, paying attention to what worked best.

Every woman is different, so getting to learn where all the good spots are, is one of the most important things in pleasing her orally.

As I kept exploring her with my tongue, I wrapped one arm around her thigh to pull her against me. The sensation of her soft yet toned thigh against my face was pure bliss.

My other arm was tucked awkwardly under my chest, so I could put a finger against her perineum to better judge the effect of my tongue work.

Every time I hit a good spot, I could feel her perineum clench, giving me an easy way to judge what worked and what didn't.

Soon she was writhing in pleasure, both her hands covering her mouth, as she tried to muffle the sounds she was unable to fully suppress. 

I figured the danger of the goblins actually hearing us was pretty slim, but even if they did discover us, I figured having to fight our way past them was well worth this.

When I had discovered a few good spots, I started to trace a route between them with my tongue, causing Amber to gyrate her hips, grinding her pussy into my mouth, as she felt her release nearing.