All Comments on 'Oceans'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 161 Comments (Page 2)
Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 8 years ago
Interesting

To me this was a rather different and complex plot by SS6.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

This was an interesting story, but not up to SS's usual standards. In the passage where Kerri is telling her story, she never did really admit to sleeping with her clients or explain why she did it, and it wasn't really included in her delusion. This could have been much better.

Jay80Jay80almost 8 years ago
Great

This may be one of my favorites SSG......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
so he found out about her cheating...

... and did nothing about it so he could stage a disappearing act...

and years later give a long monologue that included three strange dreams...

and he never realized he could probably have stopped the cheating right at the beginning...

in other words, a wimp

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I Liked It

I did like it, the whole concept of a famous artist disappearing without explanation was pretty good stuff. My problem was with all the crazy dreams about oceans and pirates and samurai and Darth Vader, and all that crazy shit. I know that the character, the "artiste", explained, with much psyco-babble mumbo-jumbo what the dreams meant and how they affected him. But for me they were just a big waste of time that interfered with "getting on with the story ". I enjoy a story that reads as though I am listening to someone tell a story. And I really ain't interested in dreams unless they REALLY move the story along.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
?

So many words to say so little.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
toooooo much.

enjoyable, too much side tracking. slap hapy papy #9

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessover 6 years ago
This was great

So many stories start with a confrontation with someone from the past, and then skip back to tell history. I love it when it's done through dialogue, as in a character telling that story. This was 90% history but it all took place in the present as dialogue. Some more interaction between the characters in the room to establish it would have been cool, but it's just more digestible to me for some reason. Good experiment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Just as with most StangStar stories....

Nearly every fucking character is unlikeable. Forget the whore. Legolas/Larry the fuckhead walking away from Dana was the douchiest part of the story by far. Good guy my ass

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Re to anonymous

FUCK YOU anonymous, if you don't like the stories then don't FUCKING READ THEM

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

This is really a tale of a couple who let their careers and work get in the way of their marriage which was doomed as their relationship failed. they are both to blame for its failure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Many times

I've read this through over and over. It's absolutely a work of art.

andyinozandyinozabout 6 years ago
Too longggg !!

Could have done without all that dream and imagery crap.

And the conversations of Legolas and Kerri with the audience ... who would sit still and listen to that rubbish.

The plot line was quite good IMO.

YouamiYouamiover 5 years ago
OMG! What a Treasure!

StangStar06

I have been an avid reader of your tales during my personal pilgrimage through Literotica. I have always been entertained by you skilled use of plot development, even when you throw a quirky twist into the mix, as well as your ability to breathe life into your characters. "Oceans" has raised the bar yet again. The story was the key element....sex was a prop but was never used to excess. That fucking moving Pirate statue blew me away. So unexpected...and so very much you, my friend. Thank you for this contribution. May you live long and prosper!

icucompassicucompassover 5 years ago
NOT FOR ME!

I got as far as page 5’s day dream section and had to give up on the story. The first few pages were quite entertaining and the story appeared to be a worthwhile read but it deteriorated rapidly. By page 5 it was a disaster and not worth pursuing. I know this is fiction but for this type of fiction to have credibility it must have at least some possibility of occurring in real life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not good

Dialogue was painful to read and repetitive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Loved it

Five (5) well deserved stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good but just too long

Enjoy most of your work. This one just dragged on and on.

SanzegoSanzegoover 4 years ago
A writer is considered an artist

You sir, are an artist.

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
Can you say fucking boring?

?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
“Can you say fucking boring.” Says lee5456

Wow! Criticism from a poster with zero published stories... Thanks for nothing Lee.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 3 years ago
I CAN say boring, but....

It's StangStar06. Not one of his better stories, but even Kevin Costner makes a bad movie once in a while . He gets the car right every time, and that is always enough. 6 stars, for old times sake, but get out of Soho, please ,and back to the real world. The Bear always approves, sometimes with a grain of salt.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Couldn’t get into this one, which is unusual when I read an SS06 story. The dream sequences seemed to make the story a little too scattered.

I did like the Vader/Luke interplay.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
3 pages of good story

5 pages of weird shit

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

The exposition style doesn't seem to work for this. Kerri ends up sounding both very perceptive and incredibly stupid at the same time.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Far

Far too long to be a decent story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I liked most of the story but I zoned out in the dream sequences.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good argument, but too many and too long dream sequences. Also, a giant animatronic revolutionizing the art world... that was ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

a solid 4 star story. I had the honor of going to school with a gifted artist . Me and My best friend always looked out for her . she was such an innocent young lady . The smartest guy in school tried to rape her . My buddy beat him like a drum . I also got kicked out of school for beating him up . Maybe he wasn't as smart as he thought .

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 2 years ago

Very enjoyable story, a little verbose though. I do love your usual story length but in this case the expansion in the middle chapters was not necessary. Still a 5 star effort. Love your work. My criticism is as a reader not as a writer. I do not have that ability.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The dreams were dumb. The story would have been fine without it. No one remembers dreams like that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well…could u be a little

Less verbose and finish the story in 3 pages…For finally when u get to the neat of the matter …that’s what it is worth! Rest all is useless padding ..did not add anything to the story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I guess I'm a little frustrated. These people seemed so real and I bought into them but I don't understand how the core problem in their relationship, her cheating and separation from him, was hardly even mentioned. I'm ending the story in a very disturbed frame of mind. It seems like if they really did love one another, one conversation about the boundaries of their relationship early in their marriage would have solved the problem.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The dreams took away from it and sword obsession makes it seem immature, but the rest could be a great story.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 2 years ago

Distracted and disjointed. The crazy dreams added nothing to the story and fragmented everything. if you had stuck to the storyline, which underneath all the extraneous detours was quite good, it could have been an entertaining and satisfying tale. This was a big disappointment in that the central story got pushed aside to make room for your little dreamscape Star Wars/Pirates of the Caribbean escapades that failed to connect as any meaningful insights into the drama of a failed marriage. The sword fetish didn’t add anything to the story either. It was just another distraction and seemed juvenile.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Actually fantastic. The dreams tied it together very well.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Far

Far too long for what it was.

mainer42mainer42over 1 year ago

loved the dream sequences and I admit I did not really get the meaning until you reentered the dreams at the end. As always thank you and love the way you write

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars on a great Story . You and Todd and JPB and DQS are always great to read .

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

As usual another fine read. Thanks for ur time n hard work it was enjoyed n appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is My favorite Story here . I Hope that you realize that after Dana died and all of the Paintings control went back to Legs . Doesn't that mean that Kerri gets half of them . My Ex went after My retirement . I slowed her some Pictures I had taken 2of her and her Boy Toy . She sis not want her Dad seeing them so I got to keep my pension . Best Story here . I read it about Twice a Month

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

So he turns a statue into a animatrominc but know he actually dances 😂 Dude evef heard less is more in Art 😃

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

3 stars - TMI about the art industry and way too much info about their screwed up relationships.

The SLUT cheated and got dumped - end of story.

It should have been about 4 pages long.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

IS IT FINALLY OVER????!!!?! They should’ve used this story to torture the terrorists. Forcing them to read this drivel would’ve been so much more effective than water boarding.

I can’t believe how big of a fool I am for skimming 8 pages of pure crap. Can I get some Bleach Bit for my brain?

Cracker270Cracker27011 months ago

Reread I really enjoy this one. I’m sure I am not the only one who really appreciates all the effort you put into your stories

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Christ was that a long tedious story could of said all that in two pages.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

5 Stars and I am glad that Larry and Anna lived happy ever after .

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I'm not sure I could have read this without coffee and other drugs. That was horrible. The beginning was good, so was the ending. But in between? That was less than nothing.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman8 months ago

very good writing, interesting, but a page or two too long for my taste.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It was nice to get info on Raphe and Amanda, I was wanting an update.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

4 stars on a story i like . I wonder where they made love as Aria was in his bed ?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This started out as a good tale, then a DRONE m hold. The story drones on till the reader gets nauseated.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

WOW mate I am really impressed this story was superb Almost up in the "saddletramp" heights (sorry ) Kepp up the GREAT work (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Creative story. Parts of it seemed like the author was on acid but in an entertaining way. Kerri was mentally diseased. Suspect she must have been cheating for much longer than Legolas expected. The moving statue was a hilarious shot at modern art world but was also an impossibility on that time scale. When Dana died, when paintings reverted to Legolas, Kerri would get half on divorce. Unless Dana set up a trust before her death for her daughter or bequeathed them to Aria with Legolas as a guardian. Nothing was mentioned about that. Middle 4 pages could have been compressed. Still 4.5 stars. Just because so off the wall, but long.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Ironic that Denny got destroyed. Yes he was haughty and prideful, but he actually did the MC a favor. And no Denny never f$cked Kerri. He insulted her as a whore publicly and then his comment about him and the MC being two of the only artists NOT f$cking Kerri. Harsh truth, but he gets crapped on and destroyed. Sure MC was upset and defended his wife's honor for inscrutable reasons. She has serious mental issues. Sounded like the intense adultery with her stable of boy toy artists ramped up over the last six months, but like roevious commenter speculated, probably started eveb earlier as she acquired clients. What is odd is besides the "missing pieces" psychobabble, therr is no reason of why she did it other than being on a power trip. This author rarely has nuanced or gray reasons for why someone cheats. It is usually for crazy or brain dead reasons. If only life were that simple.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Denny shoulda ended up working at Dennys just for the humor of it :P

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Way way to long! about six pages of nothing but fluff. Got extremely boring. Good ending but just to much to get there.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Denny was prideful and arrogant but why make him suffer? He actually did the mc a favor by telling it out on the media granted he confessed to it in public but he never even fucked her he didn't deserve that much of a punishment. Poor Dana, and the mc describing having sex to the them was lol. As usual in the author story, a psychotic cheating wife and a mc who just runs away

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

5 Stars on one of my Favorite stories . I hope that everyone likes it as much as i did . Good luck to Denny on Making the fries into a painting . I had the Honor of going to school with a sweet little Lady who could paint like no one else . She got attacked by the tallest kid in our class and the toughest kid loved beating him up . I also kicked his butt . Once everyone found out what had happened that little girl . She would not go anywhere unless she has some other Girls or Ron and I with her . After college i saw her at an art studio she smiled at Me and gave me a hug . My ex did not like that hug or her .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Maybe you will correct me.

As I read the earlier pages got the impression that the only thing that said she wa fucking other people was the ignorant bastard, Denny "s rant.

Any husband who assumes the works of an idiot are true,l becomes a fool,, so I found the ending did not fit the middle.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

another fine Stang tale. 5 stars

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous