All Comments on 'Of Friends and Memories'

by Bebop3

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Dogs are wonderful if you meet the right one!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm not crying. Okay, okay....I am. This was beautiful.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 1 year ago

Wow! A masterfully told story, evoking strong emotions from me as I progressed through the story. Bravo! 5 stars.

technofrog2002technofrog2002over 1 year ago

That was wonderful and so heartfelt. It got me to thinking of that special friend I had when I was a child and how much I grieved at his passing. Thank you so much!

ender2k2kender2k2kover 1 year ago

Very touching. Thanks

RStoreRStoreover 1 year ago

Beautiful story.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Darn dogs are such heart breakers. It's such a shame that they come into our lives and then seem to leave us so quickly. Nice letter.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Wow. A memory of my best friend, Buddy, a Border Collie. Everyone knew him and loved him and told me many times He was the smartest dog they ever seen. One day he was gone about 8 months later I was walking to a Pool Tournament and an animal inside a Suburban was going crazy and then came into the front seat and it was Buddy, the doors were locked. While trying to find out who owned the Suburban, the owner of it and Buddy was gone again. I spent many hour/weeks/months, tracking the owner down and found out that he had been killed trying to get back to me from 100 miles away. This wonderful story brought back the memory of that wonderful dog Buddy, my best friend. Thank you! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING BLAZING STARS!

ThefirefliesThefirefliesover 1 year ago

Wonderful. Dogs really are the best people.

PickFictionPickFictionover 1 year ago

Only if you've had a dog like that do you understand. It's a special relationship like no other. Well don, as always.

LwcbyLwcbyover 1 year ago

I'm crying in Starbucks! Reminds of my Jasmine Bell, She was the reason I got up and went to work, had to keep a roof over her head, and food in the doggie bowl. The sweetest doggie ever. One year, bikes blues and barbecue in Fayetteville AR some drunk meth head broke in my house, that dumb ass spent more time in the hospital than in jail, because my Jasmine Bell ripped his legs to shreds!!!! The coolest brindle boxer ever...

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

I admit I have what many would consider a flaw, I don't get emotionally attached to animals. So, it's a little hard for me to put myself in a person's shoes directly in this story. What I was able to discern was the pain and loss of the MC. So much so it brought tears to my eyes. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That's is sad but it gets your eyes watering.. my sister dog pass only way I got her to think about another dog was watching a movie with her a woman and her best friend she have a big dog now

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really captures the feelings that Finn had for Dink. Hits the emotions in all the right spots.

MediocreGingerMediocreGingerover 1 year ago

Grown ass man here with watery eyes after reading this. Awesome job.

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelover 1 year ago

Just beautiful! Thanks so much for your contribution to this event :)

KeyLargofanKeyLargofanover 1 year ago

Thank you,a beautiful story that brought back memories of my dog Hendrix.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not one to give out 5* votes very often, but…

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Hi, Bebop, here from the challenge. Really touching tale, well told. Great job and 5*.

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 1 year ago

You got me with this one. Got me good. There's something between people and their pets, particularly the pets we bond to who become friends. It's dusty in here today, damn you.

Calico75Calico758 months ago

I don't really like to cry when I read. I like thought provoking, or creative, or mystical, or funny, but don't normally like to cry. I never feel better afterward as so many people do. This story is excellent. And yes, it made me cry and remember my Sloopy who saved me.

WolfOfTheWorldWolfOfTheWorld6 months ago

Another gut-grabbing story. Finn does what I wish I could do with my babies who have run ahead of me. I'll see them again, in that forest just this side of Bífrost.

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban9 days ago

Unless you've had a close relationship with a dog, this story will likely be lost on you. If a man is lucky - he'll have a "once in a lifetime dog" at somepoint in his life. Over the past 25 years, I've had two of them - both Brittany's - who were the most loving, caring, attentive companions that a man has a right to in this life. Sure, my wife and children take first place. But there's something about a dogs unconditional love - and the experiences you share together afield, and rides in the truck together - their noses delighting in the variety of sniffies as their head leans out the window. These experiences bond dog and man together. Unfortunately, they go much too soon. Their their loss is painful. If there is such a thing as the Rainbow Bridge, I hope to meet them again some day. I look at their photos as I type and feel the tears well up. I miss them. That is all. 5/5 BRB

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBebop3@Bebop3
NOTE: I'll be taking Painting By The Numbers down soon, so if you'd like to read, please do so quickly. In the meantime, the new Hop on the Bus story is moving along well. Coming up in 2024: Second Hand Hearts, a story in the Hop on the Bus universe, but with a twist. Than...