Off Broadway Public Theater Pt. 01

Story Info
Mature woman actress needed in play with mature theme.
6.9k words
4.52
30.8k
59

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 02/19/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Jasmine Drama Group has been struggling to keep the Yonkers Theater open; due to the down turn in the economy many people are not going to off Broadway productions, produced by amateur theater groups such as the Jasmine Drama Group. The director of the group Jack Frost has been trying to keep the Yonkers Theater open. He has contacted many of his friends around the country, who have the same type theater groups to find out what they do to stay solvent during these trying times.

Jack has found the theater groups who are holding their own are the ones having mature themes for their plays. The plays featuring mature subject matter with nudity attract maximum capacity audiences, no matter how bad the economy becomes. The laws in many states have loosened, to allow advant-garde performances to audiences over twenty-one years of age.

The Jasmine Drama Group consists of; fourteen couples and twenty single members. The single members consist of thirteen women and seven men. The unattached men are divided between actors and stage hands or part of the lighting crew alongside many of the men who are married. The unattached women are seamstresses and actresses.

---------------------

The Director after compiling the information informed the members of a meeting date to decide how the theater group would like to proceed or if they want to disband. The bank is threatening to foreclose on the building. Their financial backers are threatening to withdraw their support for the group. The director has come up with a viable plan to bring the performing arts group into the black financially.

The night of the meeting the Director called the meeting to order explaining the financial crisis the organization is facing. Disseminating his findings to the group saying. "I have researched the profitable semi-professional acting groups and found the groups with mature subject matter and some nudity are the ones financial solvent. The others have gone by the wayside. Are there any questions?"

One woman stood and asked. "Will it be implied nudity or will the actors be required to be nude?"

"Most of the successful groups I contacted said the more explicit the show the more money will be made. To answer your question total nudity will bring in the most revenue, but it will be up to the group how far to take the experimental production." The Director explained.

After the Director found there were no more questions he asked. "Okay, Everyone in favor of disbanding the group and putting the building up for sale, raise their hands."

Very few people raised their hands.

"Everyone in favor of having mature plays performed with mature subjects and nudity raise your hands." The director asked.

Most of the group raised their hands in the affirmative.

"The majority here want to keep the theater open and go forward with mature subject matter, so how many actors are willing to do nude scenes in the context of the subject matter if asked?" The Director inquired.

Only four men and three women agreed to do nude scenes, all were in their early to late twenties.

"In order to become profitable there needs to be more actors and actresses willing come forward to do nude scenes in productions, in order to have more variety in our shows. We need at least five more men and six more women to make our group a successful organization again. Older women and men will be most in demand for the plays we envision producing." The Director stated.

-----------------------

William Thomas and his wife Stacy have been members of the group for the last seven years. They joined the troop after their two Sons finished college and started a life of their own in other parts of the county. Stacy enjoys acting, but has only had bit parts in the productions to date. Bill is handy with props and electrical equipment being an electrical engineer.

Stacy was in college for elementary education with a minor in the performing arts and Bill in the electrical engineering course at the same college meeting thirty-eight years ago and marrying soon thereafter. The five foot six brunette with the hazel eyes gave up her acting career before it started, to take care of her young family, becoming an elementary school teacher when her children started school. The mature woman is all natural, has kept her thirty-four, twenty-three, thirty-six inch figure and the drapes match the carpet. She keeps in shape by eating right and exercising. Bill keeps in shape cutting firewood and working with friends on construction projects. The couple doesn't smoke and refrains from alcoholic beverages.

Like Bill and Stacy most of the group is in their early forties to early sixties, but don't take care of themselves as well as the Thomas's do. A few of the male and females are in their early twenties and thirties, the younger members of the group are the ones that volunteered for the nude scenes.

---------------------

Just after supper the day after the Director proposed having mature subjects and nude scenes as a way to keep their theater group going Stacy asked Bill. "What do you think of the idea of having nude scenes in our productions?"

"Why are you asking me that question?" Bill asked.

"Well, would you mind if I volunteer to do some of the more provocative scenes in the plays calling for a mature woman?" Stacy inquired hesitantly turning red with embarrassment.

Bill was surprised. He couldn't see his wife doing sexually stimulating scenes on stage, as she is so modest, when the kids were growing up she wouldn't let them see her in her underwear. "How is she going to do a mature scene on stage?" He thought as he said to her. "If you want to volunteer to do productions with mature content go ahead?" He never really believing she would have the intestinal fortitude to actually go through with it.

------------------

Stacy and Bill never discussed this subject further and Bill thought that it was a mute subject. They went to a meeting on Thursday night to find out what show the troop will be producing.

The Director explained. "I have a script for a play about a mature woman who is not being attended to by her husband and helps a young man who is the same age as her son to overcome his shyness with women. She teaches him the joys of being with women, eventually ending up an affair with him. The problem is no woman who is old enough to be believable as the mature woman in this production has volunteered to do this type of play. This very play has gotten rave reviews in many of the theaters where it's been performed and to full houses."

There was a long moment of silence until Stacy the fifty-seven year old mother of two grown sons raised her hand. "I would like to read for the part." She informed the Director in a voice calmer than she was feeling at the moment.

Jack the director was surprised and very glad that she made this decision. He was concerned about whether she would be able to go through with the provocative scenes on stage being so shy. The Director gave Stacy a copy of the script that was emailed to him from one of his friends from another group on the west coast.

Stacy took the script home with her to study. The reading for the part will be the following week. The mature woman studied the script any time she was not working or doing house work. Her husband played the part of the husband and also the young boy, so she could go over the lines. Bill wasn't convinced she will be able to pull off the roll, but didn't say anything negative to his wife. The closer the time for reading, the more nervous she was getting, flubbing her lines when she practiced with her husband.

-----------------------------

The director called a friend of his, a local acting coach. "Walt, I'm looking for a young man someone that looks about eighteen and would be able to do erotic scenes with a mature woman."

There was silence at the other end of the line for a while, finally he said. "Yes, I have someone that I think will fill the bill. I will ask Keith one of the young men I have been coaching to see if he would like read for the part and have him call you." Walt stated.

"Thanks." Jack said and hung up.

--------------------

Stacy asked her husband almost every night. "Are you okay with me doing the play and the provocative scenes in particular?"

"You always wanted to be an actress and I'm one hundred percent in back of your decision to perform in the show as long as you come home to me after every performance." Her husband stated trying to keep the excitement out of his voice fantasizing about seeing his wife naked on stage, every time he was asked .

Looking through the script the scenes explanations were vague as to the type of exposure required in the play. In her naivete Stacy presumed she may have to show her bra covered breasts or maybe a glimpse of her panties during the play at the most.

The day before the reading Jack called Bill saying. "I would like to have Stacy come to the reading alone if it's okay with you?"

He had no objection as he will be at her rehearsals anyway getting the stage ready for the production, if the play goes forward.

---------------------

Bill came home at the regular time on Thursday four PM for supper which Stacy had on the table ready for them to eat. Her husband cleaned up the dishes as Stacy went to the bedroom to get ready for her audition. The nervous woman came down the stairs wearing a top, slacks, bra and panties with flat shoes.

Stacy kissed her husband goodbye and he said. "Break a leg sweet heart."

It was a half hour drive to the Theater; she was rehearsing her lines in her mind as she drove. Stacy arrived there about twenty minutes early. She was so nervous she was shaking. It took her a few minutes to overcome her fright before she exited her vehicle and locked it. Jack was already there.

Stacy went in the back door of the Theater calling out. "Jack where are you?"

Jack could sense the fear in her voice; he came out of his office to greet her. They discussed her part, while they walked to the rehearsal room and Stacy became calmer after their discussion proceeded. Both sat down and continued their conversation until there was more people coming into the back door calling out the Director's name.

Stacy was surprised to hear other voices, she was under the impression it would only be her and the director for the reading. She wasn't prepared to do the reading in front of other people. He introduced the men as bankers and backers who wanted to meet her and get a feel for the play that was going to be put on. This play was going to be produced around her. The backers wanted to make sure she would be able to go through with the part, as it was something new for this off Broadway Theater and needed to succeed to keep the theater open.

The audition started with Jack being the husband and the young man. The couple went through the play for about a half hour with the backers becoming impatient, as they haven't seen anything they would be able to finance. The director called a break noting the promoters' mood.

Stacy and Jack went to the vending area and Jack purchased refreshments for both of them.

Toward the end of the break Jack walked up to Stacy saying. "The following hour or so we will be working on the erotic scenes."

She put this part of the audition in the back of her mind almost forgetting she will have to perform the provocative scenes tonight. She will have to undress for the next scenes and be exposed all the men present. Stacy walked hesitantly behind the director back to the rehearsal area. Jack had Stacy remove her slacks and top, as she read the next lines as though she was trying to seduce someone with less sexual experience than her. She wasn't very convincing in the part.

The banker and financial backers were whispering among themselves during the reading. Jack could see they were reacting negatively to the reading.

After Stacy ran through the lines a few times without showing more confidence Jack said. "Let's take a break for about ten minutes." Walking out into the main area Jack continued. "Your character was somewhat convincing, but you need to do more work on her. For the first run though you did well." He praised her even though it was a mediocre performance, but not wanting her to back out.

Stacy followed Jack still in her intimate apparel not bothering to dress. "I'm getting used to being in my underwear it's not as frightening as it was when I first stripped down to my undergarments." Stacy acknowledged hoping Jack will take that as she becoming comfortable with the part.

The banker came out to get Jack saying. "I would like to speak with you can we go to your office?"

"Sure." Jack said concerned with the disappointed look on the Bankers face.

"Jack, from what we see, there is a lot of work needed with your female lead; she looks terrified instead of confident. I have seen this show performed in California, the mature lead was nude most of the time. You will have to show us this woman will be able to do this also." The banker said being the spokesmen for the group.

Jack was very concerned the group would not fund the production after the meeting with the banker. He needs to show the group Stacy will be able to do nude scenes in the play.

Jack coming back after the meeting stated. "That is good to hear you're becoming accustomed to the exposure, because this play has hard core almost X rated scenes and you will have to remove your bra and panties for the last part of this audition when we go back into the theater." Jack informed the mature woman.

Stacy was hesitant to remove any of her intimate garments until Jack explained. "If you can't play the part more realistically the banker threatened to foreclose on the building."

The modest mature mother of grown children determined to do a better job acting, recited her lines as she removed her bra, but stopped short of complete nudity she couldn't remove her panties in front of the assembled males. The mature woman had her arm over her breast to cover the area as much as she could reciting her lines completely embarrassed to be topless in front of the group of men, instead of being confident in her nudity. The backers were embarrassed for the mature woman.

Jack said to the assembled group of supporters. "As you can see we will have to work on the erotic scenes, so could you give us another week and come back I think Stacy did a great job tonight being the first time topless on stage." Hoping they will give him another week to get Stacy acclimated to her part and hoping it will be enough time for Stacy to overcome her modesty issues.

The group conferred in private out of hearing range of the Director and Stacy for about ten minutes. The backers wanted to save the theater and feeling sorry for the mature woman. They all agreed they wanted to see if the mature woman could play the part believably.

A spokesman for the group said. "We will give you another week to pull the performance together."

Relieved Jack said. "Thank you we will work on the erotic scenes for the next week. You won't be disappointed."

The backers left the building and Jack locked the outside doors with both still inside. Stacy started to dress as Jack secured the building.

"How come you dressed Stacy we need to do more work on the erotic scenes? You are very modest and we need to have you overcome your modesty to portray your character realistically, so let's take your clothes off again and do it erotically."

Stacy stood in the middle of the small stage red faced, as she's trying to remember her lines, and act like a stripper, not being very convincing. She removed her bra, she was topless and down to her panties, she started to cry of embarrassment and anger as she couldn't remove her panties in front of Jack. "I don't think I can be this character." She sobbed.

Jack was in a panic. "Stacy we will lose the building if you back out of the production. We will have to push the envelope on this production. Can you come back here tomorrow night and practice? I have a young man that will be auditioning to play the young man you are to seduce. See how both of you work together. I will see if we can change the production so you won't have to be nude." The directed stated with compassion, but knowing he was lying to her.

"Stacy trying to get her emotions in check said. "Yes, I will be here."

What Stacy doesn't know is she will have to perform realistic love scenes and she will be showing her womanhood and backside to the audience on many occasions as she will be nude for the second and third acts. Jack hasn't figured out how to get the mature woman to agree to the erotic scenes yet, but it will be imperative the older woman agree to the nudity to save the theater.

Stacy and Jack left the building together.

"Will I see you tomorrow at five thirty?" Jack asked.

"Yes I'll be here." Stacy answered.

"Good, we will concentrate on the erotic scenes those are the biggest challenge for you." Jack said.

"Can my husband come with me?" Stacy inquired.

"I think it would be better if you didn't say anything to Bill yet about the performance. If he is here I think you will become more inhibited than you are presently." Jack commented.

------------------

Stacy has a bad feeling about this as she doesn't like to keep any secrets from her husband, but she really wants to do this play, being she is the top billed actress in the show for the first time. The naive older woman hasn't thought of the consequences of playing this part so far.

Going into the house Stacy found her husband watching the military channel something he does when his wife is out. She doesn't like that channel.

"How was the audition?" Bill asked.

"Boring, they had the backers there and we had to go through some of the lines for them." Stacy lied and turning red.

Being married for over thirty years Bill could tell Stacy wasn't telling him the whole truth, so he asked. "How did the nude scenes go?"

"There wasn't any nude scene I stripped down to my pantie and bra, I have to go to rehearsal for the next week also, that is when we will start rehearsing for more erotic scenes privately." She lied again her coloring was red a sure sign she is not telling the whole truth.

Bill was disappointed that his wife was lying to him, but he let it go until he had more information about her part.

"I'm going to bed. I'm tired it was a stressful night." Stacy said not wanting to answer any more questions that she may have to lie about.

--------------------

Stacy has no idea how far she will have to go playing her character, she went to work and couldn't concentrate. She told the principal she felt ill and went home at one PM took a shower and put on a dressing gown leaving it opened. When Bill came home she had supper ready for him.

Bill looking at his wife's lingerie and seeing her bush and breasts as she walked around the kitchen he said. "Are you practicing for the nude scenes for tonight's rehearsal?"

"Of course not!" She answered angrily as he put her husband's supper in front of him tying her robe.

Stacy went up to the bedroom changed into a dress with bra and panties. Bill cleaned up the kitchen.

She left after giving him a kiss saying. "I will be home at ten."

Stacy made the half hour trip to the theater getting there ten minutes early, surprised to find one of her son's friends there. "Hi Keith, what are you doing here?"

"I was contacted by my acting coach about a part for an inexperienced eighteen year old who is tutored by a mature woman in an avant-garde play. Why are you here Mrs. Thomas are you in the play also?" The young man asked hopefully.

"Yes, I'm the mature woman in the production." Stacy said turning red with embarrassment knowing he will probably be seeing her in her underwear.

12