Off Campus 04 Pt. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sweetheart?" I slightly pull away. "We have to be careful. I love you and want you to heal as soon as possible."

"Yes he does," as Sarah Bonner walks into the room, I guess mostly to check-in with me. "So this is everybody, I take it?"

"Everyone who's here in town," I reply. "Sarah, this is Cyan -- my wife, Cheyenne, who's my lawyer, Jessica, and Ally, who's my boss."

"I am NOT your boss, Steven!" she laughs. "Cheyenne is."

Everybody guffaws.

"We're all his boss, Sarah," Cyan grins.

"That's what I've gathered so far," Sarah confirms with a big smile. "Hannah, you okay with everybody being here?"

"More than 'okay', Sarah. I think Steve told y'all yesterday that they are all my lovers. Thank you for letting them be with me."

"Well okay then. But no funny business, guys. I know you well enough already to understand that mischievous streak you guys have is bubbling there right under the surface. Steven."

I grit my teeth into a silly, "Who, me?" grin, and roll my eyes.

"No promises, Sarah."

We get a huff and a headshake, and she retreats back to her station.

"Boy, she has your number, Stevie," Jess quips. And laughs.

Looking to Ally, "Sweetie? Close the door for us if you would. Don't want too much of our rowdiness to get out."

"You planning something, Steve?" my wife asks. Justifiably, too.

"No. I just know how we are. Hannah, how are you doing? Anything new to report? Monitor looks really good, so you're continuing to heal, apparently."

"Doctor said something about a blood test indicating a lot of inflammation."

"C-reactive protein, sweetheart. I'd expect it for what you've been through."

"How do you know that?"

"Paying attention, mostly. They doubtless have you on an anti-inflammatory."

"I'll ask."

"How are you managing the pain?"

"I have the magic button."

I glance at the IV display, "You haven't used it in a while."

"I try not to. Puts me to sleep."

"Don't let us being here keep you from using it, sweetie."

"But you guys... so much comfort right there."

No sooner did she say that and I glance over to catch Jessica stripping off.

"What are you doing, girl?" I sternly ask.

"Offering comfort," she just as sternly replies.

"Uh. How?"

"I'm going to lie next to her."

"Steven?" Hannah summons.

"Yes?"

"I'd like that."

"Okay, I guess. I don't blame you. When was your last blood draw?"

"About an hour ago."

"Should give us some time before a nurse walks in on us, then. Against the rules. Jess, be really careful around all the tubes and wires. I'll help."

I assist Jess up and into Hannah's bed. Hannah grimaces as she slides over to give Jess enough room. I grimace with her. Jessica slides under the sheets and lightly presses her body against Hannah's. Their bliss is palpable.

Ally, Cyan and Cheyenne relax on the sofa; I take my place in the relative throne of the recliner that is so ubiquitous these days in hospital suites. Thank goodness the health care community recognized, not all that long ago, too, that physical healing and positive emotional support are partners. Accommodation of overnight stays by loved ones is so, so important, even if vestigial. I was certainly planning on this had Hannah's recovery been even a little more fraught.

"Swap places, Cyan?" Ally requests.

Cyan was sitting in the middle on the couch. Ally evidently wants to sit next to Cheyenne. Makes some sense, they've been lovers for over a decade, provided we ignore the big gap between college and a year ago.

"(Pay up here? You game?)" Ally whispers to Cheyenne.

"(Yeah. Do me.)"

Uh oh. Ladies, you're skating on thin ice.

"Not here, guys. Jess is already pushing it pretty hard."

"Who's gonna know?" Ally protests.

"Staff has a knack for walking in during inopportune moments," I warn. "Two knocks and they're in."

"But Jess is..."

"Yeah, and she's gonna get us in enough trouble as it is if they show up ahead of schedule."

"But Daaaaaaad!" Cheyenne certainly knows how to goad me. "Can't we?"

"Nice try. But no. Bad idea. Save it for later."

Cheyenne laughs, "Worth a shot, Steve. But you're right."

She gives Ally a quick "thank you" kiss.

As if to prove my point, there are two taps on the door, and a nurse walks in.

"Need to check your baa... really?! Cute, girls, and I guess I understand, but we can't be doing that here. Let me do what I came for, and you, young lady, get dressed."

"Sorry. Sort of," Jess whines.

"Jessica..." I scold. "I warned you guys this could happen."

The nurse leaves, smirking and shaking her head, closing the door behind her.

"Let me help you up. Get your clothes back on, Jess, pronto. I expect Sarah to follow up on that. She'll chew me a new one, just you watch."

A couple of minutes transpire, two knocks, and as expected Sarah sticks her head in the door.

"Steven. Out here, please." Her tone is not exactly warm.

"Told you," as I make my way to the door.

"Really, Mr. Albertson? I knew you guys operated on the edge, but this is too much."

"What do you want me to say, Sarah? I did tell them it wasn't a good idea and was against the rules. Hannah wanted the comfort of her, frankly, significant other, and after advising them of the probable consequences, they decided their loving comforts outweighed policy. I suspect it's not the first time you've run into this."

She sighs deeply, "No, it isn't. A loving couple is one thing, but you and your multiple lovers... gawd, Steve, it just messes with my head. I could throw your little harem out of here, but that would mess with Hannah's recovery in ways I obviously could not predict. She's awfully dependent on you and your ladies at the moment given the serious scare she just experienced. You all have quite a support system."

"Thank you for seeing that. They know you're not happy with what just happened and I told them that would be the case, so I do think they're feeling chastised, as they should be. What do you suggest?"

"Well, gather them up and get them out of here to cool down. You're going to be back this evening, right?"

"For a bit. Follow-up with Ms. Simmons."

"Well, regardless, I'm going to pass the word to keep an eye on you and your gang. No more nonsense, right?"

"Not if I can help it."

=====

It's awfully quiet in the car on the way back to the hotel. Jessica is not happy and her sullen expression is making damn sure I know it. I hate sullen. By the time we approach our current home base, however, she is leaning into me with an arm draped on my chest, having taken the center spot on the front seat. She misses being with Hannah. So do I. It's been tough for us, but we're not the one in the hospital bed, so we need to get our attitudes right.

"Lunch?" I inquire of the troops before making the final turn. "Nothing heavy for me. You know I have that date tonight."

That induced giggles, and a mumbled, indiscreet "We know you're gonna fuck 'er, Steve," from Ally. More giggles, and I get an elbow in the ribs from Jess. Good, we broke the spell.

"Yeah," I sigh. "You're probably right. Anyway, something fast, or café?"

Cheyenne's quick, "Oo! How about someplace we don't have at home? They have Up'n'Down Burger here. I've heard lots of raves about it. Wanna try?"

Ally's quick on her phone, "Already have it up, Steven. On the east side of town. We need to turn around."

"Good enough," I confirm. "But isn't that just a drive-through? You guys know I don't like to eat in the car."

"I think that's the older ones, dear," Cyan informs. "Anything new should have indoor seating."

"Okay, but prepare for another choice if it doesn't."

The drive isn't all that bad, just further out than I had figured.

"There it is," Jess spots the restaurant. "On the left, next to the mall entrance."

"Looks brand new, guys. Big parking lot. Here we go!"

I pilot the ship into the driveway and look for a suitable slip.

"You got the ropes, Ally?"

"Huh?"

"Nautical humor, Ally," Cyan explains. "This thing seems like a big barge sometimes."

"Yeah, but it's roomy," Cheyenne chimes in. "Works for me."

"Guys... sheesh. Everybody can disembark now."

"Steven, you're being silly," Jess complains.

"Says the expert!"

I get "the tongue", from both Jess and Ally.

We continue our silliness, shoving and pushing on each other as we meander toward the entrance and the order counter.

I'm reading the menu board and pose to the girls, "Guys, what's a 'Two-Fer-Two-Fer'?"

A voice from in the back of the kitchen answers, "Double burger with double cheese and all the fixin's, Mr. Albertson. You'll love it with our sautéed onions."

"Uh... Hello?"

"I apologize, sir," the voice now moving towards the counter. "John Reagan. I'm the manager here. I saw you guys drive up. Once you and the ladies got out of the car I couldn't believe my eyes that you were here!"

Cue the chuckles and giggles.

"My bad, John. As you might have noticed we were just being ourselves and forgot all about the thing from the other day. The 'famous' part is a little hard to get used to."

"That's okay and I truly apologize for barging in. Are you guys really just a bunch of big teenagers like that?"

I chuckle, "Yeah. That's sort of us when we're not working. Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional."

"Well, it's obvious you guys have fun. What can we do for you today? Oh! On the house! My gosh, you're here!"

"Thank you, John. Very gracious of you. Here. Let us pay you in a different way. Do you have your phone on you?"

"Yes."

"Take a picture of us in front of the counter."

John lights up. "Oh, gosh! Thank you!"

"Your friends won't believe you, otherwise," I laugh.

He laughs, the girls chuckle.

John disappears around the back to get to the door to the main area.

"No rude poses, ladies. Be nice."

"Awwwwww."

"Seriously, guys. Social media. That's what got us into trouble in the first place."

"He's right," Cheyenne stepping into her role as the other parent. She's really good for that.

John is now in front with us, and I have gathered us close. I'm in the center with arms around two on each side. He steps back for the shot.

[Click.]

"One more?"

"Go ahead."

[Click.]

"Wanna see?"

"Sure!"

He hands me his phone. I swipe to review both pics.

"First one is great, John. That's 'us'. Here's my number. Could you send it, please?"

"Wow. My pleasure, Mr. Albertson!"

"Steve, please. I'm here being just a regular guy."

"Uh huh. A regular guy with four of the most beautiful women I have ever seen all but attached to you. You are our hero, Steve."

"Gee. Thanks. Lunch?"

"Oh, yeah! Caught up in the moment." Aside, "Susan, could you take their order, please? Put it on my account. Here's my swipe card." Back to me, "I really do suggest you try the onions."

"I would, John, but I have a date tonight. Probably not a good idea."

"Date?"

The girls giggle at me. I give 'em the side-eye and a smirk.

"There's a story, but too much for here. Just let your mind wander and you'll likely stumble into something fun."

"No doubt," he chuckles. "Thank you for your time with me... us... today. Still in shock that you're here."

"Our pleasure," I smile.

We settle into a big booth with our trays. Cheyenne was right -- it's a really good burger. I opted for a single cheese; a double impressed me as too much. Maybe another time when I'm hungrier. Fries were a little greasy but tasty, posters around the dining room told of their being prepared fresh on site from a special type of potato. The chocolate shake was great!

We clean up our table and toss our trash on the way out.

"Great idea, Cheyenne. Really good."

"Yeah. What next?" she asks. "We seem to have an afternoon to kill."

"Don't want to do the mall again. Not without Tony and Dennis looking out for us. John back there was a thankfully gentle reminder that we are a little exposed."

"What time do you have to be back at the hospital?" Cyan inquires.

"Bethany is meeting with us at 5:00, an hour earlier than yesterday."

"Darn. I picked up a brochure off the tourist rack at the hotel. Not enough time for the scenic train ride west of town. Seemed interesting. Pikes Peak, maybe?"

"I saw the info on that one, dear. You need reservations just for a parking spot. On a Saturday? Crowded. Not good for the same reasons as at the mall."

"I'm all in favor of going back to the hotel and just chilling out," Ally suggests. "I'd kinda like to get out of these jeans."

Jessica laughs, "Yeah. Any excuse to be naked, Ally!" Jess gets "the tongue". "But I'll second that, guys. I'm still a little bummed from this morning."

I glance to Cheyenne and my wife, and get confirming nods.

So, off we go, back to the hotel, subdued mood and all. Aside from the earlier disappointment, I think we're still trying to shake-off the aftereffects of the long overnight drive.

Up in our suite, Cyan and Cheyenne find a nice music channel on the TV and basically splay themselves on the sofa in the main area. Cheyenne makes me chuckle inside as she unbuttons and unzips the very tight jeans she bought at the mall yesterday, exhaling in obvious relief. Oh, gawd, she rocked those jeans!

Ally and Jessica peel off their pants and everything else, and both softly pad over to me and gently, lovingly remove what I am wearing. They each take a hand and lead me to a bed. The mood is a cuddle nap. Fine with me.

=====

My phone chimes in the reminder about the five o'clock with Hannah and Bethany Simmons. Ally and Jess grumble a little at the phone intrusion.

"I gotta go," as I start to lift myself from our bed. "I already feel bad enough about leaving Hannah alone this afternoon."

"Go get ready, sweetie." Ally kisses me, Jessica offers her own, which I gladly accept. I squeeze a butt cheek on each in appreciation, and stumble around to retrieve my clothes.

"Goodbye" pecks for Cheyenne and my wife, and I'm out the door.

At the hospital, I get a smirk and subtle head shake from Christine as I pass through the lobby.

"At least I don't have them with me this time," I smirk back.

"Good thing. Sarah was not happy," she warns.

"Oh, you can bet I know that." I roll my eyes.

She chuckles as I head towards the elevators.

Sarah went off duty at 4:00, so somebody else is holding down the post at the nurses station. I get pursed lips with a slight head shake as I turn into Hannah's room, it only then being evident to the evening supervisor that I am that bad dude from earlier in the day, the one breaking all the rules.

Sigh.

A hug and a kiss for Hannah relieves the tension.

"Hi, sweetheart," I greet. "How are you doing?"

"Gawdfuckingdamn, Steve. I still hurt. A lot. But fine, all considered. You guys okay after this morning?"

"Jess was hurting, sweetie. She misses you, bad."

"Me, too. I miss you, too."

"Huh? I'm right here."

"In our way, Steven."

"You're not going to be ready for that for a while, Hannah."

"We'll find another way. There are lots of things we can do."

"Do what?" as Bethany steps into the room.

"Make love with Steven, Bethany."

"You guys get right to the point, don't you? Steven? Where'd we leave off yesterday?"

"Our relationships at work, and your PhD thesis."

"Yes. But first, Hannah, do you have anything for me?"

"Nope. I made it pretty clear last night that I am in love with Steven, and he loves me, and the harem enhances that relationship. 'Sleeping on it' didn't change any of that, no matter what you say attempting to dissuade me from that notion. No doubts here."

"You seem awfully sure of yourself."

"I am."

I interrupt, "That's the Hannah I know and love, Bethany. Resolute. Not one to waffle once she sets her mind to something."

"But we're dealing with emotions, here, Steven. Not as cut-and-dried as you want to believe. Both of you."

Hannah is getting red in the face. "Dammit, Bethany! I love him! He loves me! I want to make love to him right now! I don't give a flyin' fuck about the pain, I want him! I need him!"

I reach to hold her hand. She grips mine, and wants to draw me to her. I relent, leaning over for a gentle kiss, hoping, wishing, to calm her down, lovingly stroking her head. I do love her, but want her to relax into concentrating on her recovery, not getting all worked up over something she can't have at this moment.

"That's a lot of intensity, Hannah," Bethany observes.

"Yeah. But you wanted emotions, so there you have it!"

"Our relationship thrives on that intensity, Bethany," I insert.

"It's going to wear you out sooner or later."

"Hasn't so far. How long have we been together?" I pose to Hannah.

"Nearly two years. Longest serious relationship I've ever had. And like I told him Thursday, and you yesterday, I see nobody else in my future. Nobody!"

"Bethany?" I pose, with eyebrows raised.

"You're right, Steve. I should probably back down here. Hannah is awfully invested in you, that's for sure."

"Honestly? My biggest worry is letting her down. She sets a high bar."

"In what way?"

"Not being there for her when she needs me, not being strong enough for her when something is beyond her strength."

"Steven?" Hannah interrupts. "You are here, right now. You were especially strong when I needed you, and there you were. Strong and wise."

"But he also loves others, Hannah. Doesn't that bother you?"

"No it does not! The 'others', as you say, are also my lovers and besties. Dammit, we talked about this already. When Steven loves them, he is loving me, too!"

"Uncle. You two are way above my pay grade right now. We'll explore this a little more tomorrow. Hannah, is there any word on when you're going to be discharged?"

"Nothing certain at this point, but last time the doctor came by and said if my numbers keep improving like they have been, he might be okay with letting me go home on Monday. Stern lecture about 'No strenuous activity! No stairs!' Stuff like that."

"Sounds encouraging, all considered. Steven, yesterday we were getting into the work relationships issues. You called it 'a family business' that just so happens to exclude Hannah and her boyfriend."

"Bethany, gawd we've been over that a thousand times. Thad is not my boyfriend. He's a FWB. We like to fuck, but we aren't in love with each other. My life love is Steven. I regard him as my husband. You know that! Clear enough?"

"Wow! Like I said, more on that tomorrow. Steven, you care to explain the exclusion?"

"Nothing to explain. You know about the web of relationships that existed before we bought the hotel. There was no quid pro quo regarding employment at the hotel. Hannah and Thad were friends and lovers first to everybody, including Cyan, Jen, Phil, and me, and they shall remain our friends and lovers."

"Still, there's the possibility."

Hannah breaks in, "Bethany, we were all clear on that at the onset, that there was no expectation of employment at The Abercrombie. Thad and I have our own jobs and careers. If you want to call us part of 'the family' of the harem, yes we are, we just happen to have jobs outside of the 'family business'. Isn't that frequently the case with traditional large families that have businesses?"

"You have a good point, frankly. I guess my biggest concern here is still Jessica. Everybody else is more or less connected in secure relationships, the foursome as owners, with the addition of Ally as principal. As all of us have discussed, Jessica is awfully vulnerable, and to be a regular employee in your nest of lovers is still, in my mind, a disaster lurking around a corner."