Off World Adventure

Story Info
A network anchor has a life changing experience.
9.5k words
3.92
20.3k
29
32
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
amyyum
amyyum
1,791 Followers

This story contains a significant sci-fi element. If that's not your thing please pass. In any event I'm convinced that it best fits in the Loving Wives category.

***********

In elementary school Nova O'Malley was not athletic or artistic but she more than made up with it by her intelligence and beauty; however, she was apparently best characterized by her vivid imagination. For some reason, maybe spurred on by nursery rhymes of princesses and knights in shiny armor, damsels and dragons, and true love and romance she always imagined a life of passion and adventure but always as the maiden being saved by a paladin, never as the heroine.

Despite her success at school work and any intellectual activity that she set her mind to Nova also yearned to be all of a famous artist, celebrated athlete, and prima ballerina.

Nova's obsession with a life of bygone eras and success in endeavors that she didn't have the acumen for consumed much of her brain power all through elementary school. Then as is the case with virtually all children entering puberty she gave up what she had determined were childish dreams and unrealistic endeavors and focused on reality.

In actuality, reality was kind to Nova. She was treasured by many, and appreciated by all due to her conservative natural beauty, quick wit and sense of humor, and above all kindness to everyone. It was hard for her peers not to like someone who never said anything bad about anyone and had empathy for all. In her High School senior class she was voted all of most feminine, most congenial, and most likely to succeed.

Young Nova had another thing that preoccupied her; something that didn't go away during puberty. Her great grandmother and grandmother on her mother's side of the family died in their early forties. Nova was terrified that the same curse would befall her mother -- and eventually her. Her mother regularly counselled her to just live her life during the moment and not think about it -- but it always was in the back of Nova's mind.

Due to her intelligence and hard work Nova graduated near the top of her class from one of the most prestigious universities in the United States majoring in both communication and literature. The only concession that she made to elementary school Nova was her emphasis on science fiction which her senior thesis was written on.

Nova started her life after college working for a local TV station, first as a researcher, soon promoted to a production assistant, then to a newscast editor, and after a lucky break only after two years an on-air feature reporter.

It was doing a story on a local chef that Nova fell in love with Royce Williams. They married after a year of dating; Nova kept her maiden name since she had already developed a following in the industry. By the time that Royce and Nova had twin boys Nova had established herself as a local anchor, skilled interviewer and sometimes even a national celebrity Two years after the boys were born Nova delivered a baby girl who looked like Nova's clone.

Nova had a setback when her mother died early -- at the age of 44 -- extending the curse of early deaths for women on her mother's side of the family. Nova got through the trauma with the help of her father and Royce both of whom believed that they had successfully counseled her not to focus on her mortality but to live her life to the fullest.

After a couple of years off for child rearing Nova returned to broadcasting and combining her intelligence, grace, beauty, and industriousness became the anchor for one of the four largest national TV network newscasts, fortunately located in Washington, D. C., the same city where her family lived so that their lives were not uprooted.

Nova became particularly well known for her insightful and skilled interviews of a wide variety of news-makers. However she predominantly loved finding out information about avant-garde advancements in science and the arts which subconsciously brought to mind her college enthusiasm for science fiction and her childhood interest in passion and adventure.

Despite the fact that at the time of her 44th birthday Nova had the respect of all that knew her, classic beauty, a rewarding and highly appreciated job that also allowed her to possess any material things she was interested in, a loving husband, and three children who were the joys of her life, so that 99+% of the world's female population would probably switch places with her, she felt a restlessness. Her birthday also made her remember her mother's death at 44 as well as that of her grandmother at 46 and great grandmother at 45. It didn't help her outlook on life that her first medical appointment after she turned 44 her doctor expressed concern about several aspects of her health including high blood pressure, high blood sugar levels, and adverse effects of an early start of menopause.

As is the case with almost anyone who feels restless Nova could not fully understand what the cause of it was, although her concern about early death played some part in it. She opined that it was somehow related to a story that one of her researchers brought her about a woman in Wyoming who seemingly convincingly told of an extraterrestrial experience. Nova saw a video of her story and even interviewed her over the phone but Nova's station chose not to air the story. While the general consensus was that there were some very intriguing and mysterious aspects of the woman's story, she was most likely clinically delusional. Still, Nova wondered...

One day when travelling on assignment after Nova interviewed a recently notable astronomer by the name of Paul Pretsky, who had just made a number of remarkable discoveries, her restlessness became almost overbearing. She begged off going to dinner with her producer and station colleagues, and remembered having a further discussion with Pretsky after her colleagues left, but she didn't remember any details of the conversation. After she parted ways with Pretsky she made a quick call to her husband and kids who were in the middle of their active lives but were happy to take a few minutes out to talk to their lover and mom, and then she went for a walk in a local forested area.

After about a quarter mile walk in the forest Nova suddenly felt light headed. She sat down on a recently cut stump and closed her eyes.

***********

Nova felt someone shaking her and saying "Are you all right?" When she opened her eyes she was lying on the side of a path in a wooded area, but the trees didn't look anything like those in the forest she had just walked through.

"What -- where am I?" were her startled first words. Standing above her was a tall handsome blond haired blue eyed man with muscular arms extending out from his short sleeve shirt, and well-developed legs extending out from his shorts. One of his forearms had some sort of metal sleeve with what appeared to be buttons on it. He appeared to be in his late twenties or early thirties.

"I was hoping that you could tell me," the man said with a sly smile. "I just woke up a few hundred yards from here with this metal sleeve on my forearm and a backpack, scabbard, and short sword next to me. I have no clue where we are or what is going on. I see that you have some sort of metal sleeve too," he continued, pointing at Nova's left arm.

Nova sat up and noticed the sleeve -- which was actually very comfortable -- on her forearm. It had a few buttons and in small type in the English language "Universal Translator" engraved on it. As she moved her right arm to stand up it hit an object immediately behind her -- it was a backpack that looked very much like the one on the big blond guy's shoulders.

After she stood up she realized just how tall the blond guy was. Nova was tall for a woman at five foot nine (175 cm) but he towered over her. Standing and looking around Nova also saw that she was not wearing the skirt and blouse that she remembered that she had on when she sat on the stump but instead mid-thigh-length shorts and a sturdy, but not particularly fashionable, short sleeve blouse. Her shoes were running or walking shoes, but not ones that she recognized.

"Is this some sort of joke?" she asked the blond guy.

"Look, lady, I'm just as confused as you are. I don't have the slightest clue where we are or what is going on. Maybe we can find someone else who knows."

"What's that metal sleeve on your left arm?" Nova asked.

"I have no idea -- all that I know is that it has a few buttons and it says in flowery English language script 'Electromagnetic Shield.' Does your sleeve say anything?"

"Universal Translator," Nova replied.

"I trust that both of the names are descriptive; we may have to play around with them to figure them out since I've never heard of either before, have you?"

"Certainly not," Nova replied.

"By the way, my name is Rob Vanvleet. What's yours?" Rob said/asked extending his hand.

Nova shook his hand noticing how large and powerful it was. "Nova O'Malley," she replied.

"You look familiar," Rob said. "Are you famous or something?"

"Perhaps 'or something,'" Nova chuckled, although there was nothing humorous in the situation. "I'm often on National TV."

"Now I recognize you. You did a great interview with an avant-garde astronomer, what's his name?"

"Paul Pretzsky," Nova replied finding it odd that the interview could already have been played on TV and she knew nothing about it; perhaps she had been out of it a long time.

"That's the guy; he sounded more like a science fiction writer than a serious scientist, however he really was interesting," Rob stated.

"I'm beginning to think that we're in some science fiction story ourselves," Nova replied. "Do you have any suggestions as to what to do?"

"I suggest that we both test out these sleeves, then you put on your backpack, and we walk along the path hoping to find someone who knows what's going on."

Nova was in agreement so first they tested her Universal Translator. After Nova pushed a couple of buttons the Translator seemed to light up. Rob spoke some Dutch, and a very little Russian. He said a few phrases in each and the UT (as they called it) properly translated both into English. Nova pushed another button and said something in English which -- as far as Rob could tell -- was perfectly translated into Dutch."

"Cool," Rob chuckled. "OK now let's test this Electromagnetic Shield -- we'll call it the 'ES;' why don't you stand about ten or fifteen yards from me and throw some rocks at me."

"What if I hit you?"

"Then we'll know that it doesn't work," Rob chuckled.

Rob pushed a couple of buttons and Nova threw a rock. It missed Rob but it wasn't deflected by the device. "Let me push another button," Rob said and after doing that said "Throw another rock."

This time the rock thrown by Nova would have hit Rob in the head, but it was obviously deflected and fell harmlessly to the ground. Nova tried four more, each one a little larger, all with the same result."

"OK, looks good," Rob smiled but then he was pensive for a second and said "Now try and hit me with my sword."

He and Nova had a discussion for a few minutes about how that might or might not be a good idea, but finally Rob convinced her to try it. At first she swung gently at Rob. An invisible shield completely stopped the blade in mid-air, not anywhere close to Rob's body. She tried it four more times, each time increasing the power of her swing. Never did the blade get even within eighteen inches of any part of Rob's body.

"Cool," Rob grinned as he took the sword back from Nova and put it in its scabbard.

Both Rob and Nova turned off their devices and with backpacks on -- Rob's twice the size of Nova's -- they started walking along the path, chatting like new friends on a stroll in the park.

Except that both Rob and Nova had feelings that could be described as "titillating."

If Rob and Nova had been cartoon characters the little "thought bubble" above Rob's head would have said "Holy Shit -- Nova looks even better in real life. Just as I anticipated she is the sexiest woman I've ever seen. She looks younger than on TV -- and wow; look at that perfect ass -- and those thighs to die for -- and the perfect shape of her mouth, nose and eyes. Double Holy Shit!"

If Nova had a "thought bubble" it would have said "This guy is hotter than the sun. He's got a perfect body -- and that smile and those dimples could soak my panties if I look at them too long!"

***********

Rob and Nova probably walked for an hour before they came across a stream and conveniently found metal bottles in their backpacks that said "Complete Water Filtration" on them. They filled the bottles with water from the stream; after passing through a perforated body as the water exited the bottles it tasted great. They exchanged lots of personal information. Nova found that Rob was a lawyer but at one time had been a professional volleyball player, a profession she didn't know existed, and that he was six feet six inches (198 cm) tall, and married. Rob found out about Nova's family and details of her job.

After about another hour's journey, disappointed that they hadn't come across anyone else although they did think that the scenery was beautiful even if mysterious, as they turned a corner about thirty yards away on the path, and facing them, they saw a group of what looked like -- for lack of a better word -- cavemen. The cavemen were hairy and all seemed to be about five ten (178 cm) and 220 pounds (100 kg). They did not have a friendly look. The forward-most one said something.

"Turn on your UT," Rob said to Nova as he simultaneously turned on his ES.

"What did you say?" Rob asked aloud.

The speakers on the UT emitted a sound that was somewhat familiar in its guttural nature to what the caveman had just said.

The caveman looked a little surprised, but then said something that the UT translated as "Give us the woman for bredding and we will let you live."

Nova looked at Rob in horror. His face was now grim as he said while simultaneously drawing his sword "If you leave now I won't kill you."

The lead caveman look perplexed and then made a motion with his right arm to two cavemen behind him. Rob whispered to Nova "Get behind me," which she quickly did. The two cavemen behind the leader were holding what looked like primitive bows. They both notched arrows and fired them at Rob. They were harmlessly deflected by the ES. They shot a second time with the same result. Then Rob said, translated by the UT, "You cannot hurt me but I can kill you. Leave."

Instead of leaving the leader made another signal with his arm and two cavemen next to him -- one with a club with what looked like a spike extending from it, and the other with a primitive sword, charged Rob. He moved forward to meet them half-way. Their almost simultaneous blows were deflected by the ES, and Rob stabbed one of them in the leg, intending it to be non-fatal.

The two charging cavemen retreated, the one who had been stabbed limping badly. This time Rob screamed at them "This is your last warning; leave now or die."

Apparently cavemen there -- wherever that might be -- didn't know when to quit. All six of them charged brandishing various weapons. Showing skill that Rob surprised himself with, and which awed Nova, he dispatched all of them in less than two minutes; none of them got within ten yards of Nova. Four were clearly dead, two with only minutes left to live.

Nova was surprised by her feelings. She was never into violence -- not even in movies -- but the fact that Rob had vigorously defended her made her weak in the knees and caused a burning sensation in her chest. She even felt a little light headed, but concentrating on Rob's condition snapped out of it; she wanted to make sure that he wasn't hurt.

"Are you OK, Rob?" she asked as he turned off his ES.

"I feel OK," he replied.

While the ES had been 100% successful in deflecting blows and missiles it was not effective in deflecting liquid spatter. Nova was shocked when she approached Rob and blood was splattered over large sections of the entire front of his body. She made Rob aware of that -- something he apparently already felt.

"I need to get cleaned up," he announced as Nova stared at him wide-eyed.

"By the way, thanks for saving me. However I really wonder how you were able to kill or maim all six of them in about two minutes?" Nova asked, in awe. "Are you a skilled swordsman?"

"Before today I'm not sure that I ever held a real sword," Rob sighed, clearly perplexed himself. "I just did what came naturally. Of course the fact that they couldn't wound or kill me because of the ES really helped," he announced as the understatement of the year.

"I thought that I saw a map in your backpack when you were getting your water bottle out," Nova said. "Let me see if I can find it and that will tell us where a body of water is for you to clean yourself up."

Nova opened up Rob's backpack -- which he had shed just before he engaged in the fight -- and found something that sure looked like a map. Although it was of cloth-like material it has some electronic functions since their location was noted on the map by a glowing star. "It looks like there's a pond or lake a little while up the trail," Nova said as she inspected it.

"Let's see if that's right," Rob replied as they picked up their backpacks and hustled forward.

It wasn't more than about a quarter of a mile before them found a very pristine small lake with a sand beach along one edge. Rob and Nova both took off their backpacks and metal sleeves and rummaged in their backpacks for a bar of soap and a towel. They each found both.

"Uh, Nova," Rob gulped. "I hope that I don't embarrass you because I really need to get completely naked and immerse myself in the water."

"No problem," the usually conservative Nova replied, "I'm going to do the same since the walk and the emotional effect of you acting like a paladin has got me all sweaty too." After she said it she thought to herself "Where did that come from?" Rob smiled in response.

They both took off their clothes, doing their best not to look at each other; however just before Rob immersed himself Nova caught a glimpse of his crotch. She had never seen an uncut cock before, let alone one that long and thick when soft -- although maybe it was semi-hard, she couldn't be sure. She purged her mind of that thought and immersed herself.

As both scrubbed away with soap Rob started singing "Take Me To The River," and after the first verse yelled over to Nova -- careful not to stare at her in case her tits were above water -- "come on Nova, join in."

"I've got a horrible singing voice," she laughed, "I don't want to hurt your eardrums."

"It can't be worse than mine," he chuckled, "come on, give it a try."

"Well he did just save me from six cavemen," she chortled to herself. "OK, but don't say that I didn't warn you," she chuckled before she joined in with the non-romantic parts of the song: "Take me to the water; drop me in the river; Push me in the water, drop me in the river; Washing me down, washing me down."

After that chorus Rob laughed and said "OK -- I agree with you -- please stop -- my ears can't take it anymore."

"Bastard," she laughed as she threw her soap bar at him. He effortlessly caught it then said "Come and wash my back, will you," cleverly moving to stand in water deep enough to cover his dick but hopefully shallow enough for Nova to expose her tits if she walked over.

"OK," she said, but she too was clever, and swam over to him and said "turn around," before she stood up.

After each washed the other's back they sprinted to the shore, picked up their towels while trying to as subtly as possible catch peeks, and then wrapped the towels around themselves as they went to their backpacks to get fresh clothes. Rob got just enough of a peek to muse "Holy fuck she's even hotter than I thought!"

amyyum
amyyum
1,791 Followers