Ogres and Ogresses Ch. 27

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Fool proof?"

"Yes. Even you could not mess it up."

Zyra and Medean trudged through the forest towards the Nymph Mother tree. Zyra knew that if she wanted to find Scallen, the nymphs, who were scattered all along the forest but kept a single consciousness, would be able to find him the quickest. All they had to do was go over and ask for Vine. Simple. Medean however, was not enthused.

"Nymphs and witches do not have the best relationship Zyra," he sighed.

"Witches don't have the best relationship with anyone! I would fear anyone whom the witches regarded as friend."

"You offend me Zyra."

Zyra sighed. "I'm sorry. I just...don't consider you to be like them. You're a witch but, you're a good witch. I'm sorry for being insensitive."

"Then I forgive you Mistress. You will come to learn that you have seen a foul minority. Most witches are not evil. The world would not succumb to their rule if this was so. You must not judge a whole people due to a few—"

"A few?"

"Several, bad experiences, propagated by the same persons."

Zyra nodded, thinking it over. "You are right. I have been wronged by two witches, not the entire race. It is pointless—"

"Pointless?"

Zyra whirled around to see the witch Dull Eyes, three brawny gray witches standing beside her.

"Yes...it is pointless isn't it? So why

don't you just die?"

The gray witches sprung forward and Zyra jumped back, pulling out her sword. Medean twirled out his staff, pointing it towards the nearest witch. A burst of white magic hit him square in the chest and he fell back with a grunt. Zyra slashed one on the left, green magic ensconcing her sword.

"Medean, watch your..."

Dull Eyes grabbed her from behind, pulling her against her chest.

"No!" Medean ran towards them but it was too late.

Black magic covered them and the witch teleported them away. Gritting his teeth her twirled his staff into the face of the remaining witch. He fell heavy at his feet. He shook his head, looking towards the Nymph Mother tree.

"A lone witch heading into an irate nymph nest.

Heh, what could go wrong?"

Nima shivered as the Nightlock rushed forward. She held onto him with one hand, her legs wrapped around his massive back.

"Did we lose him?"

"You cannot lose a witch" he growled.

He leapt over a fallen tree trunk, his eyes burning from the bright sun.

"Once we are inside the village, alert the others to spare me. They must take me to see the keromedio."

"Okay."

He ran faster, feeling a chill crawl down him. Creedon was near, but so was the village. Looking ahead he could see that the huntresses lined the perimeter. He paused, unsure if they would see tiny Nima, or merely a beast headed towards them. He took her as close as he dared before stopping.

"Run!

Nima jumped off and ran towards them, waving her arms. "Sisters!"

The huntresses saw her and the Nightlock took a step forward. A blast of magic hit Nima in the face and she fell on her hands.

The Nightlock's eyes widened as the huntresses pulled her to her feet.

"Nima!"

"It's Nima!"

"Thank heavens..."

"Is she alright?"

She rubbed her eyes and looked up at them in confusion. The Nightlock's stomach sank.

"What happened?" she asked. "Where am I?"

They hurried her inside the perimeter and the

Nightlock whipped around. Caligula stood behind him, grinning.

"Oh come now, I wasn't going to kill her."

The Nightlock's heart raced. It would find no help from the child. Her memories of him were gone, he was sure.

"What do you want?" he asked finally.

He would rather be dead, now that his beloved was gone.

"You had a lot of promise CoCree," Creedon said shrugging. "But it appears you will be nothing but a thorn in my side. I shall have to get rid of you."

He bared his teeth. "Do your worst."

Creedon laughed loudly, holding his head.

"Hahaha! Oh, sweet innocent beast..." his eyes took on a dangerous gleam. "You don't want me to do my worst."

Creedon reached down and rubbed a hand on his coat. He took a step back in shock.

"You know what I'd like you to do?" Creedon mused. He picked up a stone. "I...would like you to run. I'm going to throw this rock up high in the air, and by the time it drops I will come after you. It seems like a nice game. If you won't be my slave, I might as well use you for my amusement."

The Nightlock didn't question id Creedon was serious. He darted towards the border. Zyra, that was the keromedio's name. If he could get to her, if he could at the very least cross the border, he might survive this. He charged on, knowing what he attempted was impossible. Still, he had to try.

His ears pricked up when he heard an unknown sound. Blinding pain erupted in his side. He had been struck. Howling, he ran faster.

"Keromedio...keromedio Zyra I need you!"

-

"Nima! Nima! Where have you been?"

Kyzu scooped up her child, holding her close to her, rocking her to comfort herself more so than her.

"What happened sweetheart? Where were you?"

"I...was in the flower garden..."Nima said, holding her head. She had a funny dizzy feeling in her skull.

"I was with Paj. Then, we got into an accident, I-I mean an argument. And then, I ran away...and I came here. I guess. I don't remember."

"You don't remember?" Kyzu put her child down and looked her over. "What happened to your hand?"

Nima looked at it as well. Her right palm was caked in blood.

"What did you do darling?"

She took a rag and dipped it in water and wiped her palm.

Kyzu frowned. "No wound..."

Nima's brow furrowed as her Mother regarded her.

"Mommy...where is Paj?"

Kyzu gave her daughter a final squeeze. Then she pushed her towards Enui. "Stay with Enui. She is your new best friend dear. Whenever you are not with me, you will be with her. Alright?"

"Why?"

"Don't question me Nima, just do as I tell you ok?"

"Yes mommy."

Nima shuffled behind Enui who had all her imposing spears. She smiled at her, and took her towards the tents.

"You must be tired. Why don't you take a nap?"

Nima wanted to object, but her head wasn't getting better so she nodded.

"Okay."

She closed her eyes and sighed as Enui ran her fingers through her hair. The soft rhythm lulled her asleep. Soon she dreamed she was racing through the forest on the back of a purple mountain. They had to get somewhere quick. They were running out of time!

"Argh!"

"What? What's wrong?"

Enui was still beside her.

"I...I had the strangest dream. Like...there was something important."

"Don't worry," Enui cooed. "It was only a dream. Go back to bed."

Nima sighed and laid down. The purple mountain came to greet her, and she climbed onto it. "Take me where we have to go," she commanded it. It rose from the earth and lumber off to the east. She closed her eyes, lulled by the rocking rhythm.

-

Zyra fell to the ground, her mind whirling as she scrambled to her feet. Dull Eyes watched her with sick satisfaction, her fingers possibly sharper than Etaceh's.

"Remember me?"

"How could I not remember?" Zyra sneered, taking up her stance. "Though it would be a better habit to forget the scum that I encounter."

"For that I'll make you kiss my toes," she cackled, pointing a bare foot out beneath her robe. "Only then will I forgive you."

"You seem big on forgiveness," Zyra said. They began to circle one another. Her eyes narrowed. "Whatever happens now should warrant no forgiveness. I will not apologize for what I'm about to do."

Dull Eyes shook her head. "And I will not apologize for the scars." She pointed her fingers towards Zyra and to her surprise her nails began to grow. The blood red fingertips, filed like blades, elongated on each hand until she had herself a fine pair of talons. A slick green sheen covered them and Zyra knew they were poisoned. This was bad, Zyra was a close range fighter, and now she could not let her touch her.

"Any last words?" Dull Eyes laughed. "I want you to know that I, Salurra of the Marble Tree defeated you."

Zyra took a step back. Well, it's not like she ever backed down from a fight. Why start now.

"Just one."

"Which is?"

"Three."

"Three?"

"Yes, three. The amount of minutes it's going to take to end your life."

Salurra let out a full bodied laugh. "I want to see youtry!"

"Then I won't aim for your eyes."

Zyra charged forward, Salurra matching her stride. She pressed her foot hard into the ground and flipped over her. Salurra ran past her. Zyra slashed her sword at her back but Salurra jumped back, turning around. Salurra's hand stretch out and Zyra shouted when two of the poison nails shot at her. Zyra dropped to the floor and saw Salurra charging again. She stuck out her leg and kicked Salurra's feet out from under her.

"You filthy beast!" Salurra shrieked and Zyra rolled up. "I won't make you kiss my feet, I'll make you eat yours!"

"Aw, really? But I was looking forward to it."

Zyra sent a blast of earth elemental magic towards Salurra and flowers wrapped around her feet.

"GRR!" the flowers burst into flames as Salurra's summoned fire.

"Damn," Zyra hissed. "It had to be fire."

The Dull Eyed witch launched towards her, burning everything she touched. Zyra summoned a purple shield and blocked the blows. Salurra pushed her back, scraping the shield, making sparks fly, Zyra's arms shaking.

"Face...me! You...coward!"

"I would. But you're so damned ugly."

Zyra looked around trying to find a plan. She couldn't keep doing this wildly. First she had to get rid of that fire.

"You need a cold shower."

Zyra pulled the shield away at the same time Salurra struck, making her miss. She fell forward off balance, and Zyra shoved her as hard as she could with the shield. Salurra hit a tree, the wind going out of her and the fire.

"Hm. That works too."

Zyra wished she had a bow and arrow. She needed to start carrying one again. Running forward she put her sword level with Salurra's face. She didn't want to be too close for she knew the witch would not hesitate to strike, but she didn't want her to be able to rise either.

"Can I let you up, or should I finish you?" Zyra threatened.

Salurra spat at her. "You don't scare me keromedio. You think you're clever don't you? With your backhanded moves and your witticism."

"I do alright," Zyra said smirking. "What I'd really like would be to go home far from the likes of you. Still, while I'm here..."

Zyra sliced at the top of Salurra's head. "How about a haircut?"

Zyra tried not to be overjoyed by the look on Salurra's face as she felt the short hair that lay in the middle of her head. She took several steps back, trying to keep it together.

"Ah...Ah!...AHH! You sick bitch! I'll kill you!"

Salurra lunged forward and Zyra went to answer but she found she could not move. Looking down she saw a gray witch had her by the legs. She looked back again, and threw herself to the floor, slicing Salurra's knees and sending a back kick towards her captor. He released her and she rolled, scrambling back as she faced two foes.

"You said I was backhanded," Zyra snarled. "You saidI fought underhandedly. What is this Salurra?"

"This is revenge," she spat.

Another gray witch appeared and Zyra another step back. The gray witches materialized weapons in their hands. One had a spiked ball with a chain, the other, a large hammer. Salurra's nails were out and ready. Zyra swallowed. She had never fought in numbers before. How could you follow the rules, how could you not turn your back on an enemy when you had to see all around you?

"Sssoo...this iss how a witch fightsss...dirty... Why am I not sssurprised."

Zyra turned, her spirits soaring at the sight of a pair of green glittering eyes.

"Scallen!"

He nodded to her, coming to glide beside her. "Green Eyesss."

She smiled, her eyes cut between her enemy and friend.

"I am so glad to see you."

He smirked. "I ssshould hope soo."

Salurra's face grew hot with anger and she pointed a sharp finger towards him.

"This isn't your fight basilisk," Salurra shouted. "This is a matter of witch business. I have been sent here by Caligula himself to—"

"I doubt he wantsss her dead," Scallen mused. "And that isss what you'll do. Using sssuch a cheap variant of poisson. Tisssk...tisssk..."

Zyra's nose wrinkled as she observed the mischievous basilisk before her.

"Scallen, just how long have you been here?"

Scallen winked at her.

She gritted her teeth, her eyes watering, threatening to twitch. "You've been here for a while, haven't you?"

"A tiny while."

"And you never thought to intervene."

"I ha...vvve intervened...havven't I?"

"I'm starting to wonder why I bother with you."

"Don't you dare ignore me!"

Salurra's shriek made both of them whip around. Her hair had burst into flame, standing straight in the air. It rippled like a living thing, the red and orange flames licking out like it wished to consume them as it had already consumed Salurra.

"How preciousss..." Scallen chuckled, his eyes cutting towards her minions. "You must know that I won't allow you to harm her without interferen...sssce."

"So be it!" Salurra snapped. "A pox on the rules! A dead man can tell no tales!"

The gray witches charged forward and Scallen's eyes narrowed.

"ssZyra..."

"I got it," she said, her eyes trained on the wicked witch. "She's mine."

Zyra charged. She could feel the earth magic welling inside her, her hands buzzing with the richness of the element. True, she was no good at fire, but the earth was within her. She was born in the forest, she'd been weathered by its coarse touch and soothed by its beauty. It had soaked into her skin and she had carried its color in her bones. It was her everything and she loved it. As that love welled within she felt the power multiply more and more. Salurra's confident look began to wilt as she drew closer and closer to her.

Zyra's Rovian war cry vibrated in her chest and she swung her sword down. Salurra blocked with her talons, her body encased with the fire. Zyra glanced at her hands and saw the green glow.

They braced against one another, each refusing to yield. Salurra's arms began to quiver and Zyra pushed harder and harder.

"Y-you can't defeat me!" Salurra screamed. "I've been training since before you were born! I'm the best fire conjurer in my coven! I won't let you—"

"You...talk...way...too...much!"

With a last burst of energy, Zyra pushed her back and she slammed into a tree. It disintegrated into ash. Her eyes were wide and Zyra surged forward a smile on her face. She slashed at Salurra and she gasped, her fingernails on her right hand cut short. Zyra swung again, severing the nails on the left.

Horrified, Salurra tried to crawl away. Zyra sunk her sword into her robe and pressed her foot into her chest. Salurra tried to burn her but Zyra kicked her in the face. Her flame went out in a whoosh of air and she stared at her, her lip bloody.

"How...how did you beat me with earth magic? Only water..."

"Clearly you've never put out a fire," Zyra said bending down. "You use dirt."

"Heh, I underestimated you. You filthy human."

"Hey, hey..." Zyra cooed, pressing her foot closer to her neck. "I'm being nice. Convince me I can turn my back on you. Admit your defeat."

"You can't trust her..." Scallen hissed.

"Better finisssh...that one..."

She looked up and saw the gray witches piled by his feet.

"Scallen...you didn't."

"They're alive..." He kicked one of them. "Sssort of."

Zyra stood and looked down at the pinned witch.

She knew her type. She would stab her in her sleep. She'd never let this slight go. Salurra would never stop. But, Zyra wasn't a killer. She was a huntress, there was a difference.

"I'm not a killer."

Scallen tilted his head and smiled like he knew a secret. He walked over the grey witches, and stood beside her.

"Come out...come out wherever you are. It's safe."

Zyra raised an eyebrow. "Who are you..."

A blue face peeked out from behind a tree. She looked to Scallen, then Zyra a walked out, a small smile on her face.

"A nymph?"

"Nymphss...they travel in packsss.."

Zyra watched as the forest became dotted with identical blue faces, their forms surrounding them in a sea of cerulean that made Zyra unsure if she should be nervous or grateful.

Scallen watched as she edged towards her. She felt Scallen's laugh vibrate through her back. She jumped when he put a hand on her shoulder.

"Frightened Green Eyesss?"

She looked up at him. It had been a while since they had been so close. Zyra cleared her throat and turned down her nose to Salurra who was becoming more and more restless as the nymphs arrived. One of the nymphs came forward, his hair slightly different than the others.

"Vine?"

He smiled at her. "We heard you needed help."

"From who?"

"Zyra!"

Medean came out of the foliage, his dark eyes hard, his staff in his hand. He walked up towards her and waved his staff to Salurra. She cried when white strings of lightning wrapped around her and stuck her to a tree.

"You can't do—"

He waved another hand and a band went around her mouth.

"Zyra are you alright?"

He rushed towards her, all but shoving Scallen out of the way. Medean fussed over her, taking her face in his hands and turning it side to side. Staring at the minor cuts on her hands from landing and clucking like a flustered mother bird.

"What happened? What did they do to you?

Scallen looked at her in amusement, his face lighting up as she blushed.

Zyra grunted, pushing Medean back.

"Stop! I'm fine, I'm fine! Geez." She stared at her feet.

"Mistress..."

"Ohh...how delightful."

Medean looked up at the basilisk and frowned.

"Scallen, I presume."

"Naturally."

Zyra could feel his eyes drilling into her.

"Tell me...ssZyra...was the witch any good?"

Zyra looked up, her blush still there. "Any good at what?"

Scallen's eyes were laughing. "At sssex...sss."

Zyra coughed, hitting her chest and pushing Medean away when he came to aid her. Damn, she had forgotten about Scallen's uncanny ability to know a person's secrets.

"Enough," Medean snapped, regaining control of the situation. He put himself between Scallen and Zyra. He didn't care for the way the basilisk looked at her.

"We need to bring Salurra back to the Marble Tree so that she can be tried for her crimes."

"What crimesss?" Scallen chuckled.

"ssShe told usss she was ssent by Caligula..."

"That..."

"We can't just bring her back," Zyra agreed with a sigh. "She won't be punished and I'll have to watch my back."

Salurra grumbled something that seemed to concur.

Medean raised an eyebrow. "What are you proposing Mistress?"

"If I may..."

Their attention went to Vine, who stood among his people with an air of authority.

"This particular witch has caused our people much distress and trauma. While her attacks stopped, her wrongs were never righted. If possible..." Vine looked back at the nymphs and they nodded. "If possible, we might be best suited to deal with her."

Zyra's nose wrinkled. "Why? I can't imagine you torturing her. Aren't nymphs nonviolent?"

Scallen began to hiss loudly, brief pauses of base in his boisterous laughter.

"What do you find so amusing?" Zyra demanded.

She looked to Medean who was regarding her strangely.

"What?"

Scallen turned to her, wiping a tear from his eye. "Your friend...the well-endowed one..."