Ogres and Ogresses Ch. 33

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Let me talk to him, or let me go with Flower. I don't want to talk to you right now! All you do is keep secrets from me."

"But Nima...you're seven. I can't tell you everything."

Nima crossed her arms. "Well, I wish you would Mommy."

"Nima!" Her daughter ignored her, rushing out of the tent and no doubt to go get Flower. Kail was being held in a tent at the edge of the forest. There was still fire damage at his hut from Hanto's assault. Besides she didn't trust him. If he truly was the only link to Zyra's well-being she couldn't have the big surprisingly quiet oaf running about. She wanted to know where he was at all times. Rair had taken it upon herself to guard the ogre personally. No doubt for some debt she felt she still owed Zyra. It didn't matter to Kyzu. Rair was the least likely to do something stupid with him. She was sure that more than a few girls had whispered the words, "sex slave" and "ogre" together. Gosh she couldn't wait until the next Celebration. Horny village girls stuck around a bound handsome man were distracted, and less likely to work. She'd seen more than a few shirking their duties.

--

"It's time."

Zyra walked out from her hut, dressed in her green keromedio garb. She'd eaten a blue bird she caught with the Nightlock, and packed some dried meats and fruit in a pack. She filled her water skin, and prayed for victory and safety. Her gloves felt good, and she was glad to using them for something productive. She missed hunting. Etaceh looked at her with a tense smile.

"Well don't you look lovely. But your hair..."

"Leave it Etaceh," Zyra stated, placing her sword in its holder and attaching a belt to her waist. She also was given a holder for her knife, something she didn't expect but likely had been conjured by Medean. "Do you want to cut it?" she asked the witch. It was getting a tad long.

"Wait until Medean comes back," Etaceh said examining her supplies. She waved a hand over her pack. "Now, your food won't spoil no matter what happens to it. Now let's go to the Marble Tree and meet Scallen. He will be accompanying you."

"Understood."

Zyra followed Etaceh, feeling the somber mood. Etaceh was usually so bubbly, even in the most serious situations. Even to the point of being rude and awful. Was this mission so dangerous? The clearing came quicker than Zyra expected, proof that she'd been daydreaming. Scallen stood with no pack, no supplies, wearing nothing but his own skin as usual. He glanced over at her, his green eyes sending a chill down her spine. Was he mad at her?

"ssZyra..."

"Good morning Scallen."

He nodded and turned to the witch. "Go ahead."

Etaceh clasped her hands together and out of nothing the basin appeared. Immediately Zyra felt sick. She'd forgotten about that wretched thing.

"Look into the water without fear," Etaceh declared. "Where you go you must not let fear overcome your senses." She waved a hand over the water and Zyra saw green land speeding by, and past it was a vast body of water with no land in sight.

"To the left of the Marble Tree is what we refer to as the Waterlands. It is right past the Forest of the Nymphs and closest to the Pool of the Selkie Nymare. It is this body of water that provides the entire valley with water, and where other children of Ny, merfolk, aquatic nymphs, fishfolk, and such live. They are unused to seeing Landers, so I suggest staying away from them. To the East of there is what you seek."

She pulled the image and Zyra could see purple grass.

"I've seen this before."

The others looked at her in shock.

"Y-you have?"

"Yes, when training with Caligula on flying."

Etaceh nodded stiffly. "Well what you seek is in those lands. You will know when you arrive because the grass there is not purple, it is gray."

"Gray?"

"Yes. Because it is a dead place where nothing can grow. It is the home of the place you must go to retrieve the hilt of the GanMo, a place called The House of Mirrors."

Zyra leaned in towards the basin.

"Show it to me."

Etaceh spied Scallen's grave expression. "I cannot. The House of Mirrors changes its appearance. It is a place contaminated with tainted magic. It is also known as the Infected Valley. Touch and trust nothing. It is full of traps."

"But if we can't see it how will we know which path is safe?"

Scallen cracked his neck side to side. "I know the path.

Zyra wanted to ask him questions but kept it inside. She listened as Etaceh droned on about the geography and providing a very general idea of where she was to go when it was clear that Scallen was the leader. She kept looking at his face and turning when he caught her, his expression getting more and more blank with each spy.

"You must get there today, before the sun sets. That place is at its most horrible at night. Any questions?"

Zyra had only one. "How will we get there?"

Etaceh pointed to Scallen. "His tunnels run all over the valley. I'm sure he will be able to get you there."

"Hey!"

They turned to see the Nightlock running towards them. Scallen raised an eyebrow. "Did I forget to give you ssssomething?"

The Nightlock sat on its haunches. "Actually I'd like to talk to the stupid one."

"The witch?"

"No. The other one."

"I have a name you animal!"

Scallen put his hand on Zyra's shoulder. "You are being sssummoned keromedio. Go ahead. We have time."

Zyra jogged over. "You really don't need to name call."

"I'm coming."

"What?"

Lari sat up, taking advantage of his immense size. Sometimes she wondered if she could ride him.

"I said, I'm coming! Are you deaf as well as stupid?"

"Why should you?" Zyra growled. "You'll only get in the way."

"Speak for yourself."

"I am speaking for myself! And in my opinion, you'll slow us down."

The Nightlock snarled something fierce then calmed himself, running a paw over his head in a very humanoid gesture.

"Look, the truth is...I'm originally from the Darklands. Where you are going I am familiar with. It is northwest of my home, and as far as I understand neither you or the snake have knowledge of where you are going."

"Scallen does."

"I'm a good fighter."

"So am I."

"I need to come with you," he stated. "I will not sit idly by while the monster who tortured me dances in and out of the valley while we are defenseless. Let me help keromedio. If I am needed here I will stay, but that will not come."

Zyra looked at the creature's eyes, seeing the hard resolve in them. Yes, he had been named much to his shame. She stuck a hand out.

"Fine. As long as you're useful. As you familiar with Rovian gestures?"

He put his paw in hers, the first time he voluntarily touched her.

"I'd do it, but in case you haven't noticed stupid girl, I don't have thumbs."

She did the gesture anyway, a smile coming onto her face. It was good to have a Rovian around.

--

"Etassceh..."

The dark witch turned to the basilisk, her body rigid. "Yes, Scallen."

"Do you remember that favor you owe me?"

She swallowed, trying to maintain an aloof posture while Zyra argued with the beast. "Yes, I have not forgotten."

"There issssomething I prepared, jussst for this occassion...sssomething I have that I was kind enough to keep hidden, but my kindnesss...hasss run out...when I return, I will collect my debt. Iss that clear Etacsseh?"

She glared at him. "What do you intend to have me do?"

Scallen grinned. "Remember."

The Nightlock and Zyra started walking towards them and the valley witch smoothed her ruffled feathers. "You have another ally?"

"Yes."

"Good, it will be beneficial to have more. While you are gone I will work on reinforcing the valley borders. I can't have you-know-who strutting around like he belongs here. If you run into trouble, contact me on this."

She handed Zyra a small mirror.

"But be careful to only use it in your most dire moment. It is one use only, and you must not allow it to touch any other mirror. Especially once you are inside. Is that clear?"

"Yes."

"Then good luck my dear. Be sure to remember your training."

Zyra nodded and turned to Scallen.

"Are you ready?"

His expression was blank, but there was something in his eyes that broke her heart. No, he wasn't, and she didn't know why.

Scallen smiled at her.

"Let'sss go..."

The three of them walked on for a long time, passing the Marble Tree and all landmarks that Zyra was familiar with. As they neared what looked like a great stone wall, Scallen gestured towards the last tree in sight.

"Before you isss the Mountain of sssScaro...it was erected to divide the creatures of this valley from the Darklandsss and the Firelandss...I built a tunnel long ago that will allow us passage through the mountain and ssstick usss out directly on the other sssside...but once we are in, we can only leave through magical meanssss. It'sss one way..."

Zyra nodded, swallowing her fear. "It's time. I'll go fi—"

Lari froze all of a sudden, whipping his head back in the direction they came.

"What's wrong?"

"Etaceh I need a portal to the border now!" He snarled.

Zyra raised her eyebrows. "Etaceh?"

"I said now!"

Zyra jumped back when out of nothing appeared a sparking black circle in front of them.

The Nightlock turned, his eyes grave.

"Go without me!" he barked.

Without another word he jumped through.

"Nima!"

Nima sat farther down behind Flower's flour pot as she ground the seeds down for bread.

"Nima where are you?"

Kyzu turned to a village girl outside a tent with a flame on the post.

"Flameflower right? Have you seen my daughter?"

Flower bowed her head. "I last saw her gathering my liege."

Kyzu nodded, her headdress feeling heavier. "Thank you."

As her mom strolled off, Nima peered up at her friend with a grin.

"So, I am gathering huh?"

Flower dusted her hands off with an impish grin.

"Yes, gathering dust down there. Come on!"

The girls sealed the jar of flour and put it out the sun, running towards the forest. Flower and Nima had been playing every day, united by a singular loss and their feeling of being misunderstood.

By now it was common knowledge that Firetoucher had voluntarily fled, and several villagers viewed her as a selfish coward. They were mostly afraid of the Ursie retaliation. Her child was Hanto's son, an Ursie heir. Rair had been adamant that she would not allow the Ursies to hunt Firetoucher down on their land with the intention to rip the child out of the mother's arms. The huntresses had been looking her since, but the village girls knew that Rair had very little intention on catching her. As for Zyra, Nima had become accustomed to the gossip and the rumors and common belief that Zyra was given up for dead. That Kail was a harbinger of such an event. That no one but the huntresses and her mother knew what had occurred when Zyra was taken to the border. It didn't matter what the foolish girls playing in the river thought of them, or the old gossiping aunties. They had more important things.

"This way."

Nima led Flower to the west of the Rovian lands, towards the stream. By there was a tree dotted with flowers and wild onions, and a muddy bank.

"This is my auntie's secret place," Nima had told Flower. "She showed it to me before she left. She said that I could take all the onions I want, and that I was to look after it until she returned."

Flower sat in the grass, looking at the mud.

"I wish I was as certain as you that Firetoucher would come back." The young red-headed girl tried to hold back her feelings of neglect.

"I still don't understand why she would leave me."

"It was too dangerous," Nima said putting a hand on her shoulder. "What Firetoucher is doing is against the Law, and if she is caught, she will face grave punishment. She left you to protect you."

Flower rubbed her eyes and sniffed. "Yeah? How do you know?"

The heir to the Rovian tribe twirled a finger around her hair, remembering how gentle her aunt's hands had been when they wove their way through them.

"Because Auntie Zyra left to protect me. She always leaves to protect me. Because I am precious to her."

Her friend laid her head on her shoulder, and Nima rubbed her hair.

"But my sister just finished having a baby! She's weak, and his cries will attract things. Who knows what could be lurking in those woods?"

Nima wanted to comfort her, but there was this uneasy feeling that filled her whenever she went towards the field of flowers that had once been her favorite place. Her mother told her it was because of the untimely death of Paj, but it didn't feel like it. It felt like...more.

"Do you want to find her?"

Flower turned to look up at her. "More than anything."

Nima smiled. "Then let's find her."

That was how they had begun their daily ritual of finishing chores and under the pretense of playing, running to the place by the steam. In the mud they had put four big squares. In each square they drew what was there and an X where they had already been.

Flower dusted more flour off on her pants, looking at the drawing. So far they had covered most of the village permissible places.

"I think we have to go farther."

Nima nodded, her stomach flipping about.

"It will be dangerous though. And we are too young to ask the huntresses if we can accompany them for apprenticeship."

"Take me to the flower field. That's still close enough to the borders. Then we can ask one of the huntresses to teach us a weapon. Firetoucher left a bunch of old ones, we can each take on so we'll feel safer," Flower suggested.

Nima wasn't sure if she liked the idea. A sudden flash of a glowing green cave startled her and she clutched her head. Flower took her arm holding her steady.

"The headaches?"

"Yes."

"What did you see this time?"

Nima tried hard to remember before it slipped away. "A green glowing cave. Remember, green like grass."

"Got it."

Nima groaned as the headache passed. She looked up at Flower who watched her with concern.

"What?"

"That makes seven."

"I had another headache?"

"Yes, and you can't remember a thing right?"

"Right."

Flower reached into her pocket and peeled back a piece of the tree's bark with her eating knife. Under it were pictures of Nima's dreams. She quickly carved grass outside a cave with light inside of it.

"What do that make so far?" Nima asked.

Flower looked at the pictures. "Well. That makes a pair of evil eyes, a Nightlock, a flash of pain, brown hands, blonde hair, a man's voice, and a green glowing cave. Does any of that mean anything to you?"

Nima shook her head. "When I try to make it come together my head starts to ache. But I'm sure if we keep putting the pieces in one place it will come out."

"Are you ready to look at the field?"

Nima paused. "Actually, you said I saw a cave right? That must mean that there was a cave near the flower field Paj took me to, because we didn't go very far I think. So, if we find the cave..."

"She might be inside!"

Nima nodded and Flower carefully put the bark back, her face glowing.

"Lead on my liege!"

Nima took her hand and together they raced towards the flower field.

-

Azmaria tiptoed carefully around the traps that Nymare set. At first glance the pool was impregnable, but with a bit of prodding, Azmaria had found that there was a solitary slipstream that could be caught and rode straight above water. She'd spent a day or so, she could not tell, beneath the water in the Selkie's pool. The elder Nymph Takh, or Vine as he was sometimes called, visited her often to ask her questions that she had the same answers to.

"What is your name?"

"Azmaria."

"Who is your mother?"

"Ny, who is mother of all."

She didn't know why he was doing this. She'd been among her people for a very brief time, but she was rather certain from the Sap of Memory that his behavior was...odd.

She'd tried to talk with Nymare about it, but her cousin was very dismissive.

"Cousin, may I leave the pool now?"

"No."

"But why?"

The Selkie sat on her furniture, painting her black nails pink.

She shrugged, and admired her fingertips.

"But cousin, I—"

"Azmaria, what are the rules?"

The curly haired nymph sighed. "Don't ask questi—"

"Don't ask any questions! Right! So entertain yourself. Do whatever it is you nymphs do when you're not humping things."

Azmaria sighed, sitting in a corner, thinking about humping things.

But at last she'd been able to locate the slipstream, when the first bits of light hit the pool and the swift moving current could be seen like glass against the air. With a smile she jumped into it, trying not to wake the angry Selkie and was spat out onto the pool's bank. Shaking herself she headed towards the clearing.

Find Zyra...

Find Zyra.

-

"This is an outrage! Where is Azmaria? Tell me now!"

Vine crossed his arms, watching the old man with disdain. "It amazes me that you still cannot see the error of your ways, or its permanent effect in ruining the life of a young nymphess."

The elder nymph spat in his direction. "You have been corrupted by them, just as I was in my youth," he said angrily. "You believe your serosta to be a human, just as I did, and yet you know nothing of the damage they bring. We are simple uncovetous creatures, and yet we become greedy, and desirous, and manipulative due to their influence! It is in their very nature to despise us."

"That is not true!" A young nymph interrupted. "The one who dwelt among us, FriendEnui, was more sister to us than any other creature!"

"She obeyed the old ways!"

"She took and gave freely..."

"But what of her leader?" The elder snarled at his brethren. "The keromedio! The go between our worlds. Was she not appalled by our nature? Did she not give invitation, and refuse our right to accept with violence and rage?"

"You know well as I the that humans are taught to deny their baser instincts," Vine said evenly. "Resistance is in their nature, as it should for creatures so brief and fragile."

"But they are not fragile. They are fierce and do not bend to what they do not understand. You know nothing of the human world flowerbud. You know nothing of what it takes away but you will soon. And when the time comes my daughter will be by my side, not against it."

Vine narrowed his eyes. "You have no daughter." Storming out of the tree he demanded the elder be bound in, he felt an immense weight. It was taking a toll, the time away from his beloved, the doubts he had about whether or not they were truly meant to be. The love he had with her was so intense, but could it be real after such a distance? He wasn't sure. He didn't know if he would ever be sure, mostly because as each day passed, he was less and less sure he would ever see her again.

A pain that he had never felt pierced his chest, and he stumbled to a tree to catch his breath, this internal pressure making him dizzy. He calmed his thoughts, let his individual mind fade in the clarity of the nymph hive. All their minds joined in sexual frenzy, kinetic yearning, innocent desire. The pain faded.

Vine stood. Perhaps the old man was right. Perhaps he was corrupted. He thought of Dull Eyes and the first time he'd met Zyra as she saved him. He thought of lying by the river, tracing secret and holy patterns in the temple that was Gharla's body, and worshipping her with every ounce of himself. Her bronzed skin and sun-kissed hair, her eyes that sucked him beneath blue waters, and yet could never quench his appetite for her, and only her.

The weary lovesick nymph headed towards the Selkie pond. No, even if he was corrupted, he would never go back. Never.

With some happiness over deciding as opposed to suffering, he sped up his pace and saw Nymare pacing in her beautiful form on the edge of the pool. His desire flared.