Ogres and Ogresses Ch. 33

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Nymare," he cooed. "What a lovely day it is, yes?"

The Selkie jumped, her eyes nervous. "I have something to tell you Vine," she said frowning. "And you're not going to like it."

All positive emotion fled. "What happened?"

"The half-breed managed to find a weakness in my barrier. She escaped."

Vine sighed. "It's fine. We'll retrieve her using your pool."

"I know where she is."

"Where?"

"She..." Nymare rubbed her temples. "Damn you nymph! I told you I was not good with children!"

Vine didn't like the sound of that. "Nymare...where did she go?"

"She followed the keromedio."

"Okay."

"And the keromedio is headed for the Infected Valley."

"...what?"

"Your newborn is on her way to the Infected Valley behind the keromedio who is unaware of her."

"And let me guess, she has already passed the point of return."

"Yes."

Vine knelt at the water's edge, Nymare watching close to see if he would explode at her.

"Nymare?"

"...yes?"

"Do me a favor."

"W-what do you want?"

He bowed his head.

"Drown me."

-

"Are you sure you know where you're going?"

"Positive!"

"Okay, because we have to be back before midday meal or your mother will get suspicious."

Nima jumped up on a low hanging branch and swung over a fallen limb. She laughed as she stuck the landing, her palms no longer hurting from such feats. When she and Flower were together they did all sorts of things her mom would disapprove. She climbed trees and swung from branches. She swam in the stream and threw rocks. The other children played with her, but only dolls and tag. Her mother told her she didn't need to run or jump like the other girls, because she was not going to be a huntress of a village girl. Sometimes she wondered whether the Chiefdom was a blessing or a curse.

"Hey Flower?"

The red-headed girl jumped out of her handstand. "Yeah?"

"If you could be any member of the Rovians, no matter the rules, who would you be?"

Flower wrinkled her nose, walked forward with her hands cupped behind her.

"Maybe...shaman? All you have to do is mix herbs and throw bones in the rattler."

Nima rolled her eyes. "That sounds lazy."

"Well I don't want to be a village girl! It's boring and all everyone does is gossip. And the huntresses..."

Flower frowned and looked back at her. "They aren't loyal."

"Most of them are," Nima protested.

"No most of them aren't," Flower pouted. She and Nima walked in silence for a minute or so until Nima asked, "Why?"

Flower sighed. "They turned on Firetoucher so easy. They think she's a traitor because she took that mean guy's baby, and that when the Celebration happens, he's going to get mad and hurt us."

"That pimifoota couldn't even try."

"Nima!"

"What?"

"You can't use words like that!"

Nima smirked and ran a hand through her fluffy hair. "Why not?"

Flower's cheeks grew red. "I...I don't know! We're just not! Okay!"

Nima nodded. "Yeah you're probably right.

The girls walked in comfortable silence, enjoying the air and company. The weather was starting to dip into lukewarm, and the trees lightened with intent to change. The ground beneath them thrummed with life and Nima wondered if the cave would appear soon.

"Hey Flower?"

"What?"

"What is the Celebration?"

Flower laughed. "Um, it's where babies come from duh."

"I know that! But why do we need the Ursies for it?"

"The Aunties told me they have a flower in their native land that makes babies when it's planted in our soil. And after it hears all the laughter from Celebration it grows and has to be dug out."

Nima frowned. "That doesn't sound right."

"It is too!"

Nima tuned out Flower's insistence that babies were made from Ursie flowers when she saw a tree that made the world shake around her. Her vision blurred and she paused to catch her breath.

"Hey...hey Nima, are you okay?"

Nima's head snapped up and she dreamily gazed in front of herself.

"This...I remember this..."

"Nima? Hey...Nima?"

Her friend did not answer. Driven by a foreign force, Nima allowed her body to take her to where she knew Firetoucher was. She had run into a man who looked like Rell, but nothing like Rell but his flaxen locks and pale skin. She'd been in that cave, talking to...a creature. An animal...

A Nightlock.

"Nima you're scaring me!"

Then something happened. It saved her. She saved him. Or maybe she had gone mad, she remembered feeling pain when he pierced her finger...

"We're out too far Nima! We passed the cave ages ago. It isn't safe!"

And her blood, her energy was consumed. And the cave glowed green with a light that pulsed and writhed like a living thing. His servant, she...it was a she.

Flower took her hand and began running. "There's something up ahead. It looks like...it looks like a hut!"

Nima was barely aware of the swirling spinning world around her. This was important. The servant, the person who had lured her in. She...she was...

"I see her Nima!"

Flower's shrill shriek of joy made Firetoucher, holding her child, and another figure turn to look at her.

-

"How fares our little flower?"

Henna jumped as Creedon materialized in front of her. She bowed, trying to ignore the tingling in her hand and wrist.

"She started blooming flowers my lord. Black flowers."

"Good, then everything seems to be going according to plan."

He brushed past her to Thorn who was buried from her shoulders up into the soil of the glowing green cave.

"She will be ready to fight when the petals of those flower drop off," he said smiling. "I was actually pleasantly surprised that the keromedio managed to defeat her so easily. This is good. It wouldn't be enjoyable if she was weak."

Henna smarted at that roundabout compliment. Creedon had never called her strong.

"I have plans to retrieve the last of Leaf's things from the hut today," she said bowing. "Then I will proceed to don her glamour and infiltrate the Rovian tribe seeking refuge. From there, I can find the baby you seek."

"Excellent."

Henna flinched when Creedon ran a hand down the side of her cheek.

"What is the matter my dear? You seem rather fidgety."

"I am merely...adjusting my lord," Henna mumbled. "T-to the injury that Thorn gave me."

Creedon laughed and took the hand that was now marked. "This is no injury. It is a tether."

Henna's eyes widened. "A tether?"

"Yes, to connect her to the Rovian lands. Should she fall, she will always be able to find you and return to me. She will always be able to find you, and she is of me. So..." Creedon dipped to whisper into her ear. "I, will always be able to find you."

Henna froze as he pulled back with a grin. "Isn't that wonderful news?"

Henna nodded stiffly. "Of course my lord. I will depart now."

Her heart in twists, Henna went towards the hut, feeling more and more like she had made an unbreakable vow that would cost her more than she ever intended.

Yet was this not what she wanted? Had she brought this upon herself, or had Zyra driven her to it? Was she so sick, that despite her mission to take the most precious piece of a woman and deliver it to Creedon, she was actually happy to be going home?

Henna sighed. She would go to the hut, dawn the glamour that Creedon gave her, and give herself one day to forget. She would become Leaf, for just one day. Perhaps she would find peace in it.

For one day.

And the next day, she would...Henna halted mid-stride when she saw a woman coming out of the hut. She was about to yell at her when she saw the bundle in her hands. A baby. Disappointment reared inside her as she realized she had no reason to go back into the tribe now. The prize had presented itself on a platter.

Henna walked up to the woman and saw it was in fact Firetoucher. So she had fled with the child. That could only mean one thing.

"Firetoucher."

The woman whipped around.

Henna raised her hands. "Don't worry, I mean you no harm. I've been on the run, same as you."

She took a step forward.

"So you have a boychild?"

She tucked him deeper into her.

"He is beautiful Firetoucher."

"I will not give him to the Ursies."

"I don't want you to."

Another step.

She raised her hands out. "It is so good to see another Rovian.

And she meant it.

"I've been...lonely."

And she meant that too.

"May I...may I hold him?"

Firetoucher paused, her eyes shining with tears.

"It is good to see you too Henna."

She raised the baby out to her, smiling.

--

The figure beside her was Henna. It was Henna!

Nima looked at the figure and suddenly everything came flooding back.

The cave, and the blonde stranger, and...and...

It was evil magic.

She saw Firetoucher extend her hands with her baby towards Henna and Nima screamed at the top of her lungs.

"No Firetoucher!"

Firetoucher's head snapped like a startled animal as Nima shouted frantically.

"Run! She's evil run!"

Henna lunged for Firetoucher's baby and she twisted away, running as only the top tracker of the Rovian huntresses could.

"You meddling brat! Master!"

Henna lifted her arms up and in broad daylight the sound of Nemlocks rustled through the woods.

"Master! There is a child in the woods! Aid me!"

Nima grabbed the petrified Flower's hand. "Run!"

She yanked the stunned girl behind her and dashed towards the village. They were so far away, and the sound of the vicious beasts grew closer and closer.

"Keep running!" Nima shouted. "No matter what happens, keep..."

"Rawr!"

Nima glanced over her shoulder to see a Nemlock raised in mid-pounce, inches away from them. She shoved Flower to the right and ran to the left, the Nemlock chasing behind her.

"Run!"

Flower scrambled up into a tree before the other Nemlock arrived and covered her whimpers with her hand, closing her eyes and trying to be invisible.

Nima kept running. It hadn't been a dream. It had all been real. She wasn't crazy. And she...the Nightlock.

"Help!" she cried out. "Help me! Help me!"

Nima knew the huntresses couldn't hear her and she couldn't outrun these beasts forever.

She ran as fast as she could, knowing she would have no time to climb a tree before it bit her, no stream nearby, no savior. But maybe, just maybe that beast was among them. She cried out with all her heart to him.

"HEEEEELLLLLPPPP!"

-

"...LP!" Lari paused, his senses picking up a message. Now who could possibly...

Oh fuck.

He closed his eyes to see if his telepathy was still in range of the valley Protectorate.

Barely.

He reached out, and she responded instantly. "What? What's the matter?"

"Etaceh I need a portal to the border now!" He snarled. He ignored his companions who could not hear what he could.

Etaceh raised an eyebrow. "What? Why—"

"I said now!"

The witch threw the portal with a frown and Zyra jumped back as a cracking black disc formed in front of them. Lari turned. "Go without me!" Without another word he jumped through.

The portal closed behind him and Zyra shrugged. "I'm sure whatever it was, it was important."

Scallen chuckled and gestured towards the hole. "Ssshall we?"

Zyra stepped forward, took a deep breath, and jumped into the hole.

"Ah!"

Lari jumped out of the portal, running past the barrier into the Rovian forest. This had that rat all over it. Whatever spell he'd cast on him might have weakened enough to all him free will didn't weaken enough to allow him to speak of his location or any information useful, or leading them to that information. It made him angry. Furious even. This could only mean that the girl had remembered. That could mean that finally he could have a living, breathing, creature capable of disclosing Creedon's lair.

He raced faster than before, noticing the Nemlock were out. A dark thin figure was in front of the charging herd and he snarled, scaring two omegas out of his way. The giant Nightlock used his status to push past omegas and betas until he saw the little girl trip on a tree branch. Sprawled out on the tree, he saw the fear in her eyes and leapt, his teeth bared.

Lari clamped onto the Nightlock running the pack and threw him to the side of her, stepping in front of the child.

"You little idiot. You truly are your aunt's niece."

Nima jumped up and hugged him. "I knew you would come!"

"Let go you! I'm trying to fight!"

The Nightlock leading the pack had hazy eyes, not doubt controlled as he had once been, but he could have no mercy. It circled him, and as soon as it struck, he clamped his teeth around the challenger's neck and crunched. Blood squirted on the little girl's cheek but she seemed unafraid. He wondered what kinds of things she had seen. With no alpha, the beta wolves bowed to him, seeking instruction.

He grinned and barked at them, commanding them to hunt the bigger meat. They ran back to where the bigger meat had been, a creature bigger than these tiny morsels. Lari sighed as the little girl buried her face in his fur.

"He made me forget. I'm so sorry I forgot CoCree."

"Don't call me that!" he snapped. "Call me..." He paused, about to say Lari. Her tiny finger trembled against him and grunted.

"Call me Illaria. But not in front of anyone you understand me! Or I'll snap your neck like a twig!"

"Yes, Illaria."

It had been so long since he'd heard that name. His sniffed away his tearing eyes.

"Now get on. We don't have much time. Creedon or his bigger meat will be here any minute. I'm taking you to the village. Once you get there tell everything to the Chieftess, and tell all the huntresses you can. He can't wipe all of your minds. Let's go!"

Nima jumped up on him and he raced, wind whipping her hair. "My friend! I left her in a tree!"

He growled in irritation. "Is she as tiny as you?"

"Tinier!"

"Then lead the way your highness. But hurry."

-

Flower, village girl, sister of the fierce Firetoucher, best tracker in all the Rovian lands.

She'd been independent since her mother died and Firetoucher, her only living relative took her in. Her aunt had died a few years before, and Firetoucher took her place as lead tracker. She was very adamant that she not be taken in by her mother, and that she lived as dangerously and proud as her mother had out of respect for her legacy. It was this willfulness that had gotten her the name Firetoucher, for she above all played with fire. Now, clinging for dead life on the rotten branch of a tree, Flower began to wonder if she was misnamed. The Nemlock growled at her and ran into the tree. Her branch creaked.

Her mother had thought she was the prettiest flower she'd ever seen, with her pink lips and freckled face. Her red hair was lighter than Firetoucher's but it was long and curly in a romantic way. She was a pretty little girl. But she ran around without shoes and climbed trees. She went to forbidden parts of the forest to gather flowers and herbs and lied to her mother about where she'd gotten them. She wiped boogers on her sleeve, and hated baths. Firetoucher had never scolded her for that like the women who thought it their duty to raise her after her mom's passing. She treated her with respect and always made sure she was fed and looked after. She never tried to mother her, but she did look after her like a big sister. But she was never one to be tied down, not by a man, not by traditions, not by grief, and certainly not by her. She hated that sometimes, and disliked the aunties.

The aunties were always full of gossip, usually about village girls who were partnered, or the mythos of the Chieftess' sister. And they'd see her covered in mud and say, "Flower! For Maker's sake stay out of the mud!"

But weren't flowers meant to be in the dirt? Did they not survive only by sinking their feet deep in the soil and absorbing its power? As Nemlock after Nemlock rammed the tree she began to wonder whether she was the Firetoucher all along. She was playing with fire, she always did. But who, now at her darkest hour, put out the flames?

Her branch lurched forward. The beast's hungry growled made her shiver.

She closed her eyes, tears and snot streaming down her face.

"Maker, if you're listening. Tell my mother that I'm sorry."

The branch lurched again.

"I'm sorry mother."

It twisted and turned.

"I'm a very bad Flower."

A sound like no other cut through the air. Her heart shook with panic as she opened her eyes and the biggest Nightlock she had ever seen, barreled towards her. The Nemlock scurried back as his horrifying snarl told them they were no match. He barked and they headed away as though he had spoken to them. He looked up at her then, his sharp yellow eyes cutting her to the core. Suddenly the branch snapped. She screamed as she plummeted to the ground. Flower yelped when she was snatched right before the ground by her shirt in the beast's mouth. It dropped her on the ground and gave her a funny look. Staring up at him in shock she watched a tiny brown hand comb back some of his fur and a familiar face peek up.

"Nima!"

"He says to shut up and get on."

"What?"

The Nightlock growled and she flinched.

Nima reached out a hand. "He's a friend. Hurry! We have to go quickly."

"N-Nima, are you a w-witch?"

To her surprise the Nightlock rolled its eyes.

"Just get on Flower! Before Henna gets back."

Flower stood up, and settled behind Nima on the massive animal.

He looked up at Nima and she pointed. "That way!"

It turned and bolted.

"Are we almost there, little girl?'

"Yes! We have to pass that tree and we'll be home!"

"Good. Make sure that your people don't attack me. If they do, I'll make Red my shield.

"Red?

"Your little friend."

"Oh.

"All we have to do is—"

CoCree.

Nima grimaced when all the hairs on Illaria's back stood on end.

"Ill...What's wrong?"

You are mine CoCree.

"No," he growled as he was forced to his knees by the witch's magic.

Bring the children to me.

"NO!"

"What's wrong?"

"Run...girl..."

A low and ominous growl hummed through Illaria that grew higher and higher and had Flower whimpering. Nima climbed higher towards his eyes and saw they had turned green. He stood shakily, walking in the opposite direction of the village.

"Illaria no!"

Nima wrapped her arms around his head, covering his eyes and calling to him with all her strength.

ComebackComebackComebackComebackComebackComebackComeback.

He tried to throw her off, growling viciously. Flower jumped off, trying to grab at her dress to pull her safety, her face red with tears.

"Nima! Nima let go!"

ComebackComebackComebackComebackComebackComebackComebackComeback.

"Nima!"

ILLARIA!

The Nightlock froze.

Nima let him go slowly. "Illaria?"

"...I thought I told you to never call me that aloud."

"You're back!"

He nodded and turned to the whimpering Flower.

"Tell your stupid friend to get on. The witch himself is coming. We have to go now."

"Flower get on!"

"You are a witch!"

Nima stretched her hand out. "Yeah, and I'll protect you so get on!"

Flower took it and before she could get on, Illaria dashed, Nima's hand swinging her onto his powerful back.

He ran faster, faster as the desire to repay the girl for what she had done surged through him. She had broken Creedon's power over him. With just her will. How could such power come from a human girl?

He knew that the witch would come after her now. He had to tell Zyra without delay, but first to safety.

"Here! We're almost there."

Illaria ran to the very edge of the village and turned, ready to fight as a free man.

"Run along now."

Flower jumped off and ran towards the village. "Nima hurry!"