All Comments on 'Old Neighbor'

by talltails

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
QBikkQBikk11 months ago

Interesting story and plot. Well written. Unfortunately a bit rushed from my perspective. Their relation moves too quickly, having money doesn’t means not thinking things through. Which is what the main character gives the impression of.

amber1312amber131211 months ago
Edit

Half way through Mark becomes Matt then Mark again. Editing avoids this, otherwise a good story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Smoking is straight up nasty.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

5 🌟 for me!!! I simply love the Millie character. The story was well told, embuing the tight, 3 person story arc with an abundance of richness. I unfortunately felt the ending was rushed and not really worthy of what proceeded it.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The cigarette bit was off putting to me. Gave em up 60 years ago and my lungs are the better for it. Watched my dad's cancer run up his spine to his brain. Why think this is long term if she makes a vow to quit and then doesn't follow through?

OvercriticalOvercritical11 months ago

Preposterous!!! It's just fine to have ideal things happen in Fantasyland (Literotica, by its alternative name) but this was ridiculous. Simultaneous divorces. An old crush with someone who was the town pump in various settings. Ideal mother-in-law. more money than God to trow around. And they both want children. And the only suspense that the author could come up with was the fact that our hero forgot to call for a day or two. The more I think about it this deserved a 2*, but I did rate it 3* and you can't change it.

muskyboymuskyboy11 months ago

Didn't feel a lot of romance in this one. The cigarette thing was just weird. 3/5

afosi2604afosi260411 months ago

Like any enjoyable story, this one allowed the reader the fantasy of some things being too good to be true. Young boys do fall in love with older neighbor girls. And is usually the case, the young man can only remember good positive things about his love. The fact that they are able to connect later in life has happened in real life, so why not in fiction. All the ancillary facts and truths just make the fodder for the story. Well written and enjoyable. It's part of that "eye of the beholder" thing.

olddave51olddave5111 months ago

There seems a need for more to this story. What is here is good but unfinished. A part 2?

Are the dads dead? Do they sell both houses? Does she stop smoking? Babies?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I'm not sure why others rate this story so highly. Maybe it's only because of the sex scenes. Personally, I prefer the rest of the story to the sex. Most writers write sex scenes pretty much the same was, therefore that part of any story is rather boring to me.

I rate the stories I read on a number of factors. Basically, the style of writing, the plot, errors in the writing (grammatical, spelling, punctuation, etc), what all is included in the story, if the writer has researched the topic they're writing about, etc. Well, there were 3 things within this story I wasn't fond of. The drinking, the smoking and the fact that the sex happened too quickly after Mark came back to NC. WAY TOO SOON! I've only given out 5* to maybe half a dozen stories. And this story is most definitely not one of them. 3* and that's rounding up.

TheArtfulCodgerTheArtfulCodger11 months ago

Lite reading, nearly 2 dimensional. Crush on hot chick across the street, start company- sell it and become rich. Move home, rescue damsel in distress and get laid the first day. All of this in the first half page. Flat land with sex. A personal bone of contention? lt annoys me when a supposed man of wealth and erudition utters the phrase " l know you went thru some bad things and stuff" leave off the 'and stuff' it makes the MC sound like a 20-year-old high school dropout.

raraewriterraraewriter11 months ago

Superb. Would enjoy a follow up story.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

You can go home again, after all!

5

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Elizabeth trailer park trash, so fucking dumb that even her husband took her for a ride

Foggybottom81Foggybottom814 months ago

Sweet story. A part 2 would be nice though.

SatyrDickSatyrDick4 months ago

[18.01.24]

Top Shelf!

11/10!!!!!

Justme134Justme13422 days ago

Amazing story—have read it ten times! Thank you

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertalltails@talltails
Happily retired and loving my life of reading and occasionally writing.

SIMILAR Stories