All Comments on 'Old Wounds Ch. 01'

by BlueBran

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
SithLord6969SithLord6969over 3 years ago

Clueless Matt

I would expect that Matt isn't the only one keeping things to himself. Which chapter will we get to meet his kid with Katie? I can almost angel the drama that is coming. Great story so far.

RRC2RRC2over 3 years ago

Great story development. I really got interested in what was going on and what is going to happen.

THANKS

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

More Please!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

JohnD46JohnD46over 3 years ago
Great start

Anxious to see where this goes. Thanks.

HragsHragsover 3 years ago

Great first part. Added to my favorites. Will keep looking for more for chapter 2. Go Army... Beat Navy !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Hope to see the next chapter soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
An old vet

Good begining. Makes one think that there are worse wounds than from battle! I don't let my PTSD control me, but every once in a while it rears its head and fangs. Keep this story going. I've been married to the same angel for close to 50 yrs. Its worth the work.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Great story so far. A good beginning. Will read the next chapter now

Scores 5/5

WandererSoul2019WandererSoul2019over 3 years ago
Hmmmm

Just wonder how it fits in the romance category also seems Matt is totally emotionless and not much attached to anyone with some issues. So will be hard to put him in the field of romance in next chapters but you never know.

Radmatt0352Radmatt0352over 3 years ago

It shows potential, but I know after my combat duty, I wanted to get back home to family and friends. You let it drop that Matt has demons from his past, I guess that might have kept me away. But not contacting his friends? I loved for letters from my friends, and wrote often.

Again shows potential.

SorchakSorchakabout 3 years ago

It was ok. Probably should have been in the Non Erotic category since there was no sex, or even romance, as far as I could tell. Also needed a proofreader, one who knows the difference between to, too and two. And could catch the slips between first and third person view points. Nothing throws me off than a character in a story talking about how "I did this, I did that." and then having it switch, in the middle of a sentence, to "he did that."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wrong category. Where is the romance ?

OpenWordsOpenWordsalmost 2 years ago

Really boring. Why did the drive out for a two minute conversation take ten minutes to read about... A DRIVE... then in that conversation you mention Allison never getting mad... AFTER you talk about her anger issues. Then you waste a boat load of time on a boring pool tournament...

I'm out.

ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 1 year ago

I'm fairly certain that I read this story a little bit more than a year ago, but if I left any comments they must have been deleted. I can't imagine hating a story so much that I voted 3/5 on it without specifically addressing why I made that decision. So chances are pretty good that the author will probably delete these negative comments again. ๐Ÿ™„

The biggest flaw here is EXCESSIVE details. I thought that I awful about putting too much detail into my own stories, but this one blew my stuff out of the water. When you boil this down to its very essence, your 3 pages (10k to 12k word count?) amount to Matt recalls his most recent fighting where he received life threatening injuries and was sent home to recuperate. He visited his local bar and reunites with his high school friends. Katie is secretly crushing on Matt and her kid sister sees her in pain because she worries about him. So she chews his ass out and holds him accountable for his failure. The chapter breaks with Katie's arrival to visit. The pool tournament could have been cut out completely because it doesnโ€™t affect the Matt/Allison/Katie dynamic at all. It's totally superfluous.

A whole lot of what I read just bored me to tears. Not only that, all of the smoking disgusted me too, but I count myself lucky that you had them using tobacco instead of illegal drugs. 3/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Matt is an asshole character so far!!

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang19558 months ago

Tu much dancing around the may pole.

Coochielover71Coochielover7127 days ago

Good background story. Hope the best is yet to come.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBlueBran@BlueBran
May 1st update: The next standalone story in the Old Wounds universe is mostly finished, just doing some editing and adding another scene or two in the middle. It is also being beta read at the moment as well. The final chapter of Itโ€™ll Never Happen has been formulated in my m...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES