All Comments on 'Old Wounds, New Love Ch. 05'

by CrimsonWeb

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
hk47enclavehk47enclavealmost 11 years ago

hmmm, a surprising ending.

I am still not sure how I feel about Afton's methods. Even though Mary forgave Ethan, I still feel sorry for her and how things went down. Overall, the story was nice.

I look forward to reading more of your stories.

:)

blastwizardblastwizardalmost 11 years ago
Victims can create victims and everyone needs a champion.

I was very upset with the last chapter, but I get it now. I still have a problem with the semantics of Afton's manipulation.., but damn, look at who victimized him. It takes a lot to overcome conditioned behavior, luckily Afton found the love of a genuine person to help him purge his ex from his life and consciousness. Funny that those that cannot fight for themselves can find the gumption to fight for love. Afton and Ethan help each other. Again I had trouble with the surprise orgy because as much as the characters needed it, it scared me because when one person is not ready in a relationship for a huge change, one party can be harmed in a manner that there is no recovery from. I like this story, primarily because it pulls at your emotions. Your characters make us love & hate them. Your story makes us think that if this was real life, the monumental mind-f that was manipulations based upon insecurities and trying to figure out who you are as well as who your real friends are..., it's freaking overwhelming. I gave you 5 stars for dragging me thru the wringer. LOL I may not have liked all of it, but I liked that you grabbed me and moved me..., good and bad.

And by the way, the thing I like most was Afton wanting to purge a very bad decision from his past. How many of us don't have the courage to do that? Granted he still has asshole tendencies (lol), but to face his fears, admit a bad decision and work to overcome his low self worth because of it. Those are personal traits that everyone needs to have. Good job!!!

jay5515jay5515almost 11 years ago

Not bad. It wasn't great-- but you wrapped up the story nicely. I enjoyed the series. It wasn't that I didn't like the previous chapter, I just didn't think it fit with the series. I would have liked it more as a stand alone story with different characters. I can't wait to see what you write next. Good job.

geemeedeegeemeedeealmost 11 years ago

Just because someone was cruel to you doesn't give you the right to be awful to other people. Particularly disgusted by the female characters in this series. Disappointed in the overall lack of character development -- the story moved too far, too fast. I think you should keep writing, Crimson, but think about it more before you write. An outline, perhaps?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Omg, write more...:(

Please, write more of these two, maybe a different series, but involving them still? loved it.

willieonewillieonealmost 11 years ago
Mmm..

To quote you....You saw my choice of lifestyle as a sick perversion....

Since when has being gay been a choice of lifestyle??? It's like saying that being white,black,asian were all a choice!.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

A mostly good wrap up. I like the strength that Ethan showed here, and I don't mean the physical strength. I still have a left over bad taste from the previous chapter, like a unpleasant burp from a complex meal. What Afton did to Ethan is not excused by his history with Xavier. That is too simplistic. That Ethan has glossed over it seems out of place. As much as he loves Afton, Ethan is a man who feels. Where are his feelings about that night?

chesthairslavechesthairslavealmost 11 years ago
Our New Writer Has Balls

MY MAJOR COMMENT TO YOU: PLEASE KEEP WRITING! You made an effort to climb out of the self made erupting volcano of chapter four. I respect your fortitude in dealing with the drama of 21 chapter four comments. Readers, please support Crimson's future endeavors.

tac_naynwafflestac_naynwafflesalmost 11 years ago
Definitely.

Heh,chesthairslave was right when he said the new writer has balls. I hope for more in the future.

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66almost 11 years ago
Second that - definitely

As chesthair said after chapter 4, which I didn't comment on, but will now it was a drastic diversion and I have to agree a risky approach or a tactical error? Afton knew something with Mary was going to happen, it was a test. Ethan may have passed but no one has the right to decide how a person comes out. In a dominant relationship no means no, but Ethan responded and had a ball in the end.

Now with this chapter you have outdone yourself. I am happy that Mary, which I didn't think she would, stuck by him and promised not to betray him to his family and the way he stood up to and beat Xavier with fists and intellect was admirable and worthy of respect, love and awe. You did well to close it off like that.

So I agree keep writing and just as an aside if you don't have a beta reader get one to help with a few grammatical errors, which I will admit improved with each chapter.

Looking forward to seeing your next story soon :) Take care

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great story

Like most of the comments, I wasn't really happy with the direction of the last chapter but I did love the story otherwise! Please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
HMMM, Jury's Out On This Story

I have issues with lovers who share one another physically, emotionally, or in any other intimate way with someone outside their relationship. So chapter 4 truly bothered me, if Afton loved Ethan so much how could he use him to re-pay a debt, allow men who where strangers to Ethan to fuck him in a room full of onlookers, and have it all taped and photographed? How can Afton profess to be hurt and threatened at seeing Mary touch Ethan, or at the thought of them having made love, after sharing him with those other men? There is also an aspect of Master/ Slave to this story that I don't like, as though these two men will never be equals, Ethan will dress as Afton wishes, allow himself to be used by other men at Aftons whim, and all because he loves him. How about proving that Afton loves and deserves Ethan? This story screams it's Aftons World and everything in it is his to command, Ethan is but a new chapter in his life, one which will end when a younger, more naive boy toy comes along relegating Ethan to what, his cock serving body guard? There were one or two glimmers of love and romance in your writing, but you really need to get better at bringing them out or if you continue to write this genre head the stories under bd/sm.

Oh and please work on character names, Afton? Gag me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I love it

I can see this series has gotten quite a few comments focussing on the criticism part of constructive criticism, but I really loved it; start to finish. Please keep up the good work!

canndcanndabout 9 years ago

I enjoyed this quite a bit. I only thought that Ethan should have been a bit more upset at the way he was manipulated at the exhibit. I don't believe Afton didn't see that result coming and want it. I also think that the fact he'd make him have unprotected sex with all those men was sick. Aside from those details, and overall, the series was very good. I'd check out your other work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
WOW

Oh my how I loved this story. Not only was the sex scenes of the chain but it also has a great story line. Its a shame when someone uses another vulnerable person for their own personal gain, in this instance it was money. I'm sure Xavier never expected this day to come and cut of the gravy train because he knew he could Manipulate Afton because he was once in love with Xavier (his first love). Afton may have been a savvy businessman but he did not have the brut strength to deal with Xavier thank goodness Ethan beat the hell out of his sorry ass . My thought is why try to be something you are not, as Mary told Ethan, if he had stayed in Illinois and taken over the family farm just to please his family he would not have been himself nor would he have been happy. You go big strong handsome cowboy and keep protecting your man. LOVE CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS !!!

RichBauerRichBauerover 5 years ago
great story

what a terriffc read cant wait for more from this author

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES